Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,398 members, 7,843,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill (774 Views)

Bandits: Katsina Man Removes House Roof To Pay Son’s Ransom (Photos) / Yahoo Boy In Benin Bags Six Months In Jail / Ritualists Kill Hunchback Woman In Ondo, Pay Son N7 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by timtunday: 6:35am On Jan 09, 2020
Osogbo Magistrate Court has sentenced a 30-year-old woman identified as Sadiat Jimoh to 6 months imprisonment for stealing a goat valued at N45,000.

It was learnt that the convict stole a she-goat belonging to one Fausat Adegboga on Sunday, January 5 in Agunbelewo area of Osogbo metropolis.

While presenting his case in court, the prosecutor identified as Abiodun Fagboyinbo told the court that “Sadiat Jimoh and one other at large on January 5, at Agunbelewo in Osogbo did conspire to commit felony to wit stealing.

Fagboyinbo further added that the offence committed is contrary to and punishable under sections 516 and 390(9) of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol. Laws of Osun State Nigeria 2002.

The convict who was arraigned in court on Tuesday, January 7 pleaded guilty to the two-count charge bordering on conspiracy and stealing.

She further added that she wanted to use the proceeds from the sale of the goat to treat her son.

While reacting to the incident, the defence counsel of the convict, Abimbola Ige pleaded with the court to temper justice with mercy.

The magistrate ruled that the victim was jailed for six months with a N15,000 option of fine.

Source: https://xynews.co/woman-bags-six-months-jail-term-for-stealing-goat-to-pay-sons-medical-bill/

Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Roadtoyesterday: 6:37am On Jan 09, 2020
Whoever that convict this woman will meet his Waterloo this month IJN

1 Like

Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by GOFRONT(m): 6:39am On Jan 09, 2020
grin
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Tormentor053: 6:40am On Jan 09, 2020
And Bola Ahmed Tinubu is rolling in Bullion Van everyday.

1 Like

Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 09, 2020
This is so sympathetic, she stole in order to pay the medical bill of her son. the owner of the goat should have forgiven her
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by partnerbizn3(f): 6:59am On Jan 09, 2020
nawao.
Pitiable
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 09, 2020
Oma307:
This is so sympathetic, she stole in order to pay the medical bill of her son. the owner of the goat should have forgiven her
Irresponsible parents always use their children as excuses to gain favours.

1 Like

Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2020
This country is hard
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Kalashnikov102(m): 7:23am On Jan 09, 2020
Stealing is a crime however small it might be.. That's why we where tutored right from when we were young sad

Me wey be say I steal fancy sharpener wey get mirror when I dey pri 1 I chop kneel down ad beating and some boo oooo ooo for class the. Since that day I believe my mama when she say no carry wettin dem no give you
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by yanabasee(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2020
Which kind goat get N45,000 value for naija??

Stealing is a crime.... They're many ways to handle tight situation rather than stealing. If she had slept with men to fetch herself some money, it'd be more honorary.
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 09, 2020
Okpa042:

Irresponsible parents always use their children as excuses to gain favours.
and do you think she wanted her life to be like that. see I have heard many terrible situation, not because the so called parents are lazy but there was no means. I am not saying what the woman did is right
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 09, 2020
yanabasee:
Which kind goat get N45,000 value for naija??

Stealing is a crime.... They're many ways to handle tight situation rather than stealing. If she had slept with men to fetch herself some money, it'd be more honorary.
it is this same set of people that will still condemn her if caught in adultery
Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by aremuforlife(m): 3:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
Where is our humanity
Humanity needs to come before we apply the law.
There so many people prison for no reason.
There are so many case that can be treated with love and cares.
Most of the criminals today are victims of false accusation and later ends in prison

1 Like

Re: Woman Bags Six Months Jail Term For Stealing Goat To Pay Son’s Medical Bill by Daviddson(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
A goat costing ₦45K should be a very beautiful goat with Mary Kay makeup and Italian heel shoes

(1) (Reply)

I Killed My Girlfriend Because She Left Me For Wealthy Men After My Money Finish / Justice Needed Please!!! In A Case Of Rape / Retired St. Louis Police Captain Shot And Killed During Looting Of Pawn Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.