Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch (23506 Views)

FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal / Operation Amotekun: Carry Illegal Arms, Be Arrested, Police Warn OPC, Hunters / Operation Amotekun Begins In South-West: Yoruba Youths Warn Criminals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by donprinyo(m): 10:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Tribe with small balls
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:20am On Jan 09, 2020
Okigwe:

I believe Buhari is working Indirectly for Migrant Fulani.

His policies and actions

Perhaps if I wasn't living in Nigeria I would have believed the media.

To be honest with you, there's no significant difference between the Fulani behaviour before Buhari's leadership and after it.

There have always been conflicts between herdsmen and farmers and herdsmen have usually been the blameworthy party in most conflict. But this has been happening before Buhari. This issue didn't make news before because the media had nothing to gain from it.

Then the man recommended RUGA. While I understand the reservations that Easterners and Westerners have against RUGA, the truth is that many are ignorant of what RUGA is. Also, even in the absence of RUGA, Fulani herdsmen still have many settlements scattered in all parts of the country.

So, not accepting RUGA hasn't chased them away.

Do you get my points?
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Gabkosh: 10:40am On Jan 09, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
The Yorubas are beginning to gradually regain consciousness from slumbering.

Setting up a regional security is a sign that they are preparing for the sudden break up of Nigeria should it involves war.

This would have been set up since ages, but they prefer to worship and serve the Hausa Fulani's.

Even if a Yoruba man is given independence (Oduduwa Nation) they will still just want to bow and worship the Fulani's

I don't just know why the relationship with Hausa Fulanis
Says someone her parents marched for abacha
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Akpan01: 10:50am On Jan 09, 2020
nobody should chicken out. The outfit is a necessity for all-region.

Very soon, we for East go Change 'Biafra and Bakassi Boys' for East and enlist the same people into the prospective new Security outfit. At least from there who go dey work out our modalities as well.

HISTORY needs to be checked before we do things in this Country. Nothing is New in this country or in any where. Let's not be so easily gullible.

Remember, Christian Yorubas are so Sentimental and betraying.
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by MasterKernel: 11:00am On Jan 09, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Just the other day, your Idiotic leaders were begging Yorubas to teach your Governors how to set up something like this in your muddy region.

You ipob cannibals never fail to disappoint.

Cowardice is deadly. The North is working towards stopping your regional Police, and you're busy shouting IPOB.
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Gabkosh: 11:01am On Jan 09, 2020
Akpan01:
nobody should chicken out. The outfit is a necessity for all-region.

Very soon, we for East go Change 'Biafra and Bakassi Boys' for East and enlist the same people into the prospective new Security outfit. At least from there who go dey work out our modalities as well.

HISTORY needs to be checked before we do things in this Country. Nothing is New in this country or in any where. Let's not be so easily gullible.

Remember, Christian Yorubas are so Sentimental and betraying.
What about Catholic igbo
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Gabkosh: 11:02am On Jan 09, 2020
MasterKernel:

Cowardice is deadly. The North is working towards stopping your regional Police, and you're busy shouting IPOB.
See this one
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Liposure: 11:26am On Jan 09, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
The Yorubas are beginning to gradually regain consciousness from slumbering.

Setting up a regional security is a sign that they are preparing for the sudden break up of Nigeria should it involves war.

This would have been set up since ages, but they prefer to worship and serve the Hausa Fulani's.

Even if a Yoruba man is given independence (Oduduwa Nation) they will still just want to bow and worship the Fulani's

I don't just know why the relationship with Hausa Fulanis
i see u dont like d fulanis. Dis automatically mean u dont like our presido. I guess u didnt vote 4 him den. Well, am not a buharist oo. So dont get me wrong. Anyway, I pray dis amoteko or whatever dey dem dont turn rogue in d future. Happy prosperous NY 2 U.
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:33am On Jan 09, 2020
Hahahaha
I just hope you are not Yoruba!
Buhari don use una dey play ping pong
That is an entirely crazy idea!
How many Fulanis has been paraded by the FG?
Miyetti Allah has come out time and again that they are behind the killings, sometimes even threatening more deaths of their demands are not met, yet no arrests, no call for questioning.
This are thesame savages you want to put in charge of securing your kings and chiefs.
Uma dey think at all??

Oshigun:

Not entirely a crazy idea considering that not all Fulani herdsmen will be crazed killers. It is still very important to carry along the legitimate herdsmen and enlist their support to fish out the rogue elements amongst then. That is simply an intelligence contingency perfectly legitimate in crime-fighting and even more effective than brute force alone.

1 Like

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:51am On Jan 09, 2020
OEPHIUS:

https://punchng.com/fg-interference-govs-intrigues-threaten-operation-amotekun/

God made mistake during creation and give all yoruba people chicken liver
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by tungamaje: 12:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oshigun:

Not entirely a crazy idea considering that not all Fulani herdsmen will be crazed killers. It is still very important to carry along the legitimate herdsmen and enlist their support to fish out the rogue elements amongst then. That is simply an intelligence contingency perfectly legitimate in crime-fighting and even more effective than brute force alone.

It seems you don't know Fulanis don't expose rogue ones among them, they are brothers. They may even tip their criminal brothers off

1 Like

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by bilulu(m): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Let's be reasonable, rational and objective here.

Why would the FG be against Amotekun? If this operation is allowed, what would stop the Igbos from having their own version. If they have their own version, what gives us the assurance that they won't use it for Biafra?

Now I'm not saying Biafra is good or bad but I'm only trying to think from the FG's PoV.

Also, we've seen many seemingly good vigilante groups go crazy; OPC and Bakassi boys are fresh in our memory. What gives us assurance that this won't be another crazy operation in the making?

Lastly, let's not deceive ourselves, this is Nigeria. Most of our politicians have virtually no national or public interest at heart. How can we be sure that this isn't a camouflage for looting and a platform for promoting the political interest of a party?

These are issues we should be addressing not this shabby and bigoted journalism of punch.
Why are you guys always quick to mention the easterners even when they re not in the news? Have you heard the hishbah security outfit have recently started making arrest with the help of the NPF? Why is the NPF now saying they can't work with those from the southwest? If the North can have theirs tackling their local issues why can't the south have theirs to also tackle their issues. The North's security outfit is not considered as restructuring but the south is considered as restructuring.... Different laws for one country

1 Like

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Akpan01: 12:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Yoruba cases against other Nigerians this Time will always be judged in Favour of the Flat head Afonjas.
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by LegendHero(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
DNSPro:
LegendHero, can you see this now? Can you see the hands of Buhari and his people. Did any igbo person kick against this initiative?

They have Hisbah police in the North and didn't call it restructuring but southwest can not have their own to protect their people because it is restructuring.

It is well.

I can understand your perspective. But I think the author of the post is just beating around the bush with the incoherent point opined up there.

Firstly, the FG gave the go ahead to Amotekun initially and they also directed the office of the NSA to accredit it. So why should the FG go against it on the day of the launch?

The DAWN commission is the body that pioneered this Amotekun for the SW. On their Facebook page, the program already started so I think this report about the FG stopping its launch might be false.

https://m.facebook.com/dawncommission/?tsid=0.5574737124979426&source=result

1 Like

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by LegendHero(m): 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

God made mistake during creation and give all yoruba people chicken liver

They have chicken liver and yet they pioneered a structural change in the security architecture of the nation to defend their lands while you with a LION liver is still online wailing and shouting.

Well, a wise man once said “Empty barrel make the loudest noise”.

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Insectkiller: 12:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Huawei101:
These south west governors need to know that without sophisticated weapons and technology the group won't be able to tackle the Fulani attrocities in th west. Which I believe the federal government would Deny them such amenities.

They would never be regarded like those northern local securities that work hand to hand with the NPF and NA.

They would be like mere police for chicken and gala thieves.

Lolz..

Have u ever wonder how thunder use to strike d enemies??

If u knw, u know..

They don't need such weapons u are talking about.. all they want is to know if they are legally recognised..

And dey have gotten that, I think.

The rest is story!!

shocked
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by LegendHero(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
DNSPro:
LegendHero, can you see this now? Can you see the hands of Buhari and his people. Did any igbo person kick against this initiative?

They have Hisbah police in the North and didn't call it restructuring but southwest can not have their own to protect their people because it is restructuring.

It is well.

Check this again. This is just 7 minutes ago. The governors already started arriving and the program already commenced.

1 Like

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by phineas: 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
The outfit must now design strategies to enable the people of the south west respond to emmergencies and attacks anywhere in the zone in 20 minutes.that includes rural villages.

The aim is to use technology and create an avenue for aerial support and local mobilization where the persons mobilized will not be ambushed.

Amotekun should study the jos attacks and maiduguri villages attacked.They shoukd study the recent kogi attack.for those who say impossible even tv stations abroad have aerial cover for breaking news.

Prevention is best though.No herdsmenor illegal aliens must be allowed in our forests or farms.Technology can help detect large gatherings too

OPC should maintain its integrity and stay seperate.e eryone has tbeir space and day.

People of the south west.All things are possible and everyone must support this process.
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Legendguru: 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ohh
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Legendguru: 3:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Another waste of funds
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Hahahaha
I just hope you are not Yoruba!
Buhari don use una dey play ping pong
That is an entirely crazy idea!
How many Fulanis has been paraded by the FG?
Miyetti Allah has come out time and again that they are behind the killings, sometimes even threatening more deaths of their demands are not met, yet no arrests, no call for questioning.
This are thesame savages you want to put in charge of securing your kings and chiefs.
Uma dey think at all??

Is something wrong with you or are you totally incapable of thinking? The notion is that the security force work with compliant Fulani herdsmen and common sense tells us many of such will exist same as many black men exist who are not criminals, thugs and gang-bangers. No one mentioned putting Herdsmen in charge of anything so oga shift with your mischief. I don't have your time.
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Look miyetti allah / the presidency (their grand patron) has told you people time and again that only by giving up land would this crisis end. We can pretend like this is not orchestrated from the very top if it makes us sleep well at night.

If you are fulani I would perfectly understand your poor attempt at being naive.

Oshigun:

Is something wrong with you or are you totally incapable of thinking? The notion is that the security force work with compliant Fulani herdsmen and common sense tells us many of such will exist same as many black men exist who are not criminals, thugs and gang-bangers. No one mentioned putting Herdsmen in charge of anything so oga shift with your mischief. I don't have your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by engrchykae(m): 7:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Let's be reasonable, rational and objective here.

Why would the FG be against Amotekun? If this operation is allowed, what would stop the Igbos from having their own version. If they have their own version, what gives us the assurance that they won't use it for Biafra?

Now I'm not saying Biafra is good or bad but I'm only trying to think from the FG's PoV.

Also, we've seen many seemingly good vigilante groups go crazy; OPC and Bakassi boys are fresh in our memory. What gives us assurance that this won't be another crazy operation in the making?

Lastly, let's not deceive ourselves, this is Nigeria. Most of our politicians have virtually no national or public interest at heart. How can we be sure that this isn't a camouflage for looting and a platform for promoting the political interest of a party?

These are issues we should be addressing not this shabby and bigoted journalism of punch.
you sound more worried about biafra than for the southwest.
Keep thinking about biafra.
If you don't raise men to counter the fulanis,you will be messed up by the fulanis.

1 Like

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=engrchykae post=85653843]you sound more worried about biafra than for the southwest.
Keep thinking about biafra.
If you don't raise men to counter the fulanis,you will be messed up by the fulanis.[/quote]

Lol... Only two people believe propaganda; the ignorant and the dogmatic.
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by engrchykae(m): 8:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=GeoAfrikana post=85654018][/quote]it do better be propaganda.
If not, there are two set of people who shy away from responsibility, namely the cowards and the ignorant
Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by BENARI: 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oshigun:

Rather than face your failing and incompetent leaders you come here to vent bitterly , as usual, over another positive development in Yoruba land. Your fear is that your basket case region will be shown up again for how it is full of nincompoops and empty braggarts masquerading as "developers" and "specially anointed".

You should confess that deep down you wish you were Yoruba because of how worthless your leaders are. You guys are easily the worst-led people in Nigeria yet you are never able to tackle your misrulers. Instead all your vitriol is saved for Yorubas and their leaders as if we owe you anything. Continue playing Ostrich till all the South is consumed by Yoruba culture as experts predicts will happen in future and given how people like you abandon your region and affair to be obsessing over everything Yoruba.

See pain

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by BENARI: 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
IgboSomalia:

Just the other day, your Idiotic leaders were begging Yorubas to teach your Governors how to set up something like this in your muddy region.

You ipob cannibals never fail to disappoint.

Sorry, I no no sey the thing go pain you like this...

Re: Operation Amotekun: FG interference, Governors' Intrigues Threaten Launch by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
LegendHero:

They have chicken liver and yet they pioneered a structural change in the security architecture of the nation to defend their lands while you with a LION liver is still online wailing and shouting.

Well, a wise man once said “Empty barrel make the loudest noise”.

omo let see how this plays out. if at the end una no go use una hand destory it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Empty Presidential Directives - Daily Trust Editorial / Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election / Army Board Of Inquiry Tried Capt. Koli For Exposing Ekiti Rigging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.