Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS (1093 Views)

20 Astonishing Facts About Cars You Never Knew / Complains About Cars Stolen In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:00am On Jan 09, 2020
We all live to learn everyday, no one is above learning.
We have few cars PARENTS and more BRANDS/ARMS COMPANIES operating under its PARENT'S LICENSE/S, Will like to enlighten or made known of Groups of companies behind all car brands existing.
Many people falls into negligence of avoiding a brand and eventually procure its siblings [brother or sister] from same parent, i am a fast driving personnel so am i own a BMW. I can say am cool with all product form it PARENT BMW GROUP [MINI, ROLLS ROYCE,BMW ]. Except for some car products in which designs and materials are sourced from and produced by a particular licensing [FRANCHISE] FIRMS which are very rare and minimal in current cars presently on our roads;
EXAMPLES:
Toyota matrix, corolla and pontiac vibe, share same engine design and major part, electrical wiring and assembly plant located on the American's soil.

Nissan Quest, Mercury village shares same design and parts except for mercury villager with FORD engine.

Volkwagen sharon, Ford galaxy share same designs and assembly plant. And so on.

Back to my main discussion, these are the few ones i know or remember at the moment ;

Parent Company owns Brand

BMW Group owns BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce.

Daimler AG owns Mercedes-Benz and Smart.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles owns Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Maserati, and Ram. FCA is merging with Groupe PSA, who owns Citroen, DS Automobiles, Peugeot, Opel, and Vauxhall.

Ford Motor Co. owns Ford and Lincoln.

General Motors owns Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC.

Honda Motor Co. owns Acura and Honda.

Hyundai Motor Group owns Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia.

Mazda Motor Corp. owns Mazda.

Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance owns Infiniti, Mitsubishi, and Nissan.

Subaru Corp. owns Subaru.

Tata Motors owns Jaguar and Land Rover.

Tesla owns Tesla.

Toyota Motor Corp. owns Lexus and Toyota. And it has a stake in Subaru and Suzuki.

Volkswagen Group owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Volkswagen.

Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (ZGH) owns Lotus, Polestar, and Volvo[volvo was formerly an arm of ford in Netherlands] .

In the last 2 decades many company have sold shares/total right of some of this companies, so dont be amused some of these brands were formerly owned by another parental companies. I hope i have been able to shed more light and enlighten us on few things we dont know about car brands? Thank you.

Cc: @lalalisticlala
Cc @nurey
Cc @mynd44
Cc @Lalalsticlala
Cc @GAZZUZZ
Cc @AutojoshNG
Cc @CarGuideNG
@Autojosh etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2020
If you have facts in your researches, you can add yours to upgrade our knowledge

Re: What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS by Wealthoptulent(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Pls mod, push to front page! Let enlighten ppl
Re: What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS by charcoal(m): 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
Innoson owns iVM grin
Re: What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS by id4sho(m): 3:28am On Jan 15, 2020
I own my leg and third leg
Re: What You Need To Know About CARS' BRAND PARENTS by Goodgod213: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
Buhari owns Boko Haram, Fulani Armed groups and Hisbah

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Nigerian-made Customized Steering Wheel For Mercedes-benz / Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better / Why Not Buy And Ship From Cotonou To Lagos Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.