Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better (1097 Views)

This ₦990k Made-In-Nigeria Keke Comes With Doors & Front/Reverse Cameras / Vilnius Mayor Crushes Benz With An 8Wheel Armoured Vehicle For Parking Illegally / Ways People Take Revenge On Bad Parking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better by Sellfish(m): 8:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
So I have had quite a verbal run-in with my Co-workers as to how I park my car

While all of them park their cars forward 1st, I park mine with the front facing the park exit

They all say I don't know how to drive... That that's why I am avoiding having to reverse out of the parking lot.... And I am like... "So choosing to continually risk running a kid over or running into something else while making a totally avoidable reveal out of a parking lot makes you a better driver than me?... Wow...

But aside the fact that I sure know how to drive, I do not like engaging in the whole "I drive better than you" argument because in my opinion, the only good driver is the alive one and then probably the one who manages not to dent his car for a long while..My average speed on a good express way is 140km/hr and so far, I have not even scratched my bumper while driving... So the self acclaimed Vin Diesels and ermm.. intending Paul Walkers are welcome to keep me out of their discussions... grin

Anyway.... Back to the parking issue, I park facing the exit because:

It is easier and safer for me to join traffic frontally..

It's more practical for emergency situations... I stay in Plateau State where religious crises can start at any damn time... So thinking that I can actually just jump in and drive away at once instead of trying to reverse out of or into God knows what suits better..jump into car, put into drive and vamoose appeals more to me than jump into car, engage reverse, engage drive, engage reverse, engage drive, then reverse into traffic before Turning steering full and zooming off... Person wey wan kill you for don get you before you finish all that bavk-front-bavk-front ish grin

My Co-workers always majorly Cite "security" as their reason for parking their cars forward 1st...they say their cars will be harder to steal if parked forward 1st grin... I guess they have never heard of the armed Robber named Oyenusi who drove in reverse from Lagos to Benin grin.... If boys mean to steal your car, dem go steal am even if you park am ontop Nepa pole grin

I don't know if any driving regulations favor one way of parking over the other tho...

Your input in this issue is welcome... But till date I hardly ever park firnt 1st unless there is no other option

1 Like

Re: Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better by budaatum: 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2020
You use your brain to park your car how you want, so why do you need other people's brain to tell you what suits you?

Are you just tired of thinking for yourself?
Re: Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better by Sellfish(m): 9:03pm On Jan 28, 2020
budaatum:
You use your brain to park your car how you want, so why do you need other people's brain to tell you what suits you?

Are you just tired of thinking for yourself?

Yes I am Sir smiley

At least I have used it to the point where it is tired... Hw far ur own brain ?.... Is it still showing 10 miles on its odometer smiley
Re: Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better by budaatum: 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sellfish:

Yes I am Sir smiley

At least I have used it to the point where it is tired... Hw far ur own brain ?.... Is it still showing 10 miles on its odometer smiley
You need to stop imagining odometers where none exists. My brain is working fine without an odometer, unlike your's.
Re: Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better by Sellfish(m): 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
budaatum:

You need to stop imagining odometers where none exists. My brain is working fine without an odometer, unlike your's.

Madman no dey sabi say e don Kolo grin

Na him family and friends dey shame on him behalf

I don't expect your misfiring brain to comprehend this tho... If it does, it means all hope isn't lost yet smiley

Pls reply me to show that your case is redeemable grin

If you don't, it will be clear to all that.... Well.... embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better by budaatum: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2020
Sellfish:

I don't expect your misfiring brain to comprehend this tho... If it does, it means all hope isn't lost yet smiley
You wey your brain don tired is talking about another's brain misfiring?

We hear you. All hope is indeed not lost yet.
Re: Reverse Parking Or Forward 1st Parking... Which Is Better by BamBamK: 11:31am On Jan 29, 2020
LMAO... wickedt

Sellfish:

Pls reply me to show that your case is redeemable grin

If you don't, it will be clear to all that.... Well.... embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Advice On Uber / Endsars: Nurey is fine. Sorry for the misinformation / I Need A Clean Toyota Camry Drop Light To Buy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.