Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,580 members, 7,958,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:51 AM

Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) (12906 Views)

Why We Won’t Beg ASUU Over Strike, Parents Reply Keyamo / Strike: FG Meets ASUU Today, SSANU Friday / FG Moves To Avert Fresh Strike, Meets ASUU Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by bahaushe1: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
Theenchanter2:
We'll surely hear d outcome.... ASUU does not have any solid excuse for not enrolling on IPPIS.

I kuku trust d general, he won't succumb to their lame trick... only if he knows the rate at which fed unis are desperately employing lecturers, ehn.

If ASUU is adamant on not enrolling, they better source for funds internally... i can't be feeding u and u're telling me what and how to feed u.

Bros, you sound pained.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Afamed: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
AAA593:

Do you even know what university autonomy is? Do you think ASUU doesn't have points? Have you seen ippis template to know ASUU's points? Why not Wait till after the meeting
Let your autonomy begins to pay staff members salary, let your autonomy also involves funding of acedemics research and building Infrastructures in the university. Until then, you remain a joker
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
See Buhari shoe

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by bahaushe1: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Theenchanter2:
such as.... it doesn't

. Capture renumeration of staffs on sabbatical, external examiner, visiting lecturers and so on,

. Recognize 70yrs as retirement age for academicians against 65yrs & 60yrs for others.

. That IPPIS only recognize permanent staffs.

And some lame excuses that doesn't hold any water.

But d fact remains that ASUU is a greedy body, the body reeks of unbridled corruption.

If I were you I would have reported ASUU to EFCC and ICPC for it's corrupt practices; get it prosecuted and locked up in prison forever.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by 4words: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Is harmattan catching Bubu's shoe? Because I honestly don't understand the colour grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Edyice: 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Uncle LIFELESS receive DRONE treat from USA

If he doesn't free SOWORE and co..

For ASO ROCK everyone is just looking at the sky grin , to see where the missile is coming from... grin

Nobody tell uncle LIFELESS DULLARD to do what is right grin

After seeing what happens to Iran general grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by sishol(m): 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Capture renumeration of staffs on sabbatical, external examiner, visiting lecturers and so on,

. Recognize 70yrs as retirement age for academicians against 65yrs & 60yrs for others.

But d fact remains that ASUU is a greedy body, the body reeks of unbridled corruption.

Well said! But in addition to the issue of corruption, IPPIS doesn't all the same name on the platform. Don't forget that some lecturers are on the payroll of more than 6 universities.

IPPIS is a very robust platform that is built to detect ghost workers, that is the main reason why they are strongly against it.
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by naturalmi: 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
ASSU can definitely get funded internally, just that it children will pay about 600k per session. My advice is that before you type and submit take time to read through again to see if it makes sense.
Theenchanter2:
We'll surely hear d outcome.... ASUU does not have any solid excuse for not enrolling on IPPIS.

I kuku trust d general, he won't succumb to their lame trick... only if he knows the rate at which fed unis are desperately employing lecturers, ehn.

If ASUU is adamant on not enrolling, they better source for funds internally... i can't be feeding u and u're telling me what and how to feed u.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by JunctionBox: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
This does not mean Buhari has any interest for education. He only cares about his cows.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by AAA593: 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Afamed:

Let your autonomy begins to pay staff members salary, let your autonomy also involves funding of acedemics research and building Infrastructures in the university. Until then, you remain a joker
You're the joker here

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Coldie(m): 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why does all these people have so much respect for Buhari.

Military background no be here o. If he. Alls for a meeting and u don't show up for no good reason that day expect a sack letter cool.

Our President
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Theenchanter2: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
naturalmi:
ASSU can definitely get funded internally, just that it children will pay about 600k per session. My advice is that before you type and submit take time to read through again to see if it makes sense.

thats if its not a govt institution, but since its still a govt institution, they'll have to work out a considerable solution to it, not by saying u won't enrol for some stupid reasons.

Such insolence.
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by fergie001: 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
jumper524:
First person from your left.

See the way the baba stand like who neva chop for decades.
I can sight Professor Osodeke there.....the man behind the ASUU chair...

PS: modified....
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Theenchanter2: 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
sishol:
Capture renumeration of staffs on sabbatical, external examiner, visiting lecturers and so on,

Well said! But in addition to the issue of corruption, IPPIS doesn't all the same name on the platform. Don't forget that some lecturers are on the payroll of more than 6 universities.

IPPIS is a very robust platform that is built to detect ghost workers, that is the main reason why they are strongly against it.
IPPIS recognizes only one name. It'll stop double or triple salary payment to those practices.
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
bahaushe1:

Bros, you sound pained.

No, he sounds convinced and motivated by certainty.
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by fergie001: 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Theenchanter2:
thats if its not a govt institution, but since its still a govt institution, they'll have to work out a considerable solution to it, not by saying u won't enrol cos of stupid reasons.

Such insolence.
Most of your assertions here are right....as they have handed to the President the UTAS-alternative.

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by tribalmall: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
But he made more sense to me than u.
Just saying.
AAA593:

You're not making sense. Fly from my thread

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by glowingflame7: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
ASUU chairman almost postrate. For back, they'll be making mouth. Just like most nairalander. Maybe PMB flashed DSS number in his front sha. angry

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by bahaushe1: 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

No, he sounds convinced and motivated by certainty.

People who are CONVINCED and CERTAIN don't wast their time on futile arguments.
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Muyoatlanta(m): 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
I see the famous Gingo from OAU....up philosopher!
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Howellz(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
AAA593:

What are you saying self
..WETIN YOU UNDERSTAND SEF?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by AAA593: 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
tribalmall:
But he made more sense to me than u.
Just saying.
U understood his nonsense as making sense because ASUU was invited to play at the presidential villa today. That guy does not understand ippis and ASUU. To him corruption, corruption and corruption. Who is supporting corruption? ASUU has a model and Mr president has his copy now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Alimat40: 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
They the ASUU members have no choice then to enroll in the platform.
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by APCNig: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
AAA593:

Do you even know what university autonomy is? Do you think ASUU doesn't have points? Have you seen ippis template to know ASUU's points? Why not Wait till after the meeting

If you ate autonomous from your parents, then you won't be asking money from your parents.

He that pays the piper, dictates the tune.
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by Pavarottii(m): 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Theenchanter2:
My friend, No full autonomy anywhere in our govt owned universities, even most govt owned European and American universities still don't have full autonomy in their universities... ASUU is only trying to milk the nation by not enrolling on IPPIS.

ASUU wants full autonomy and still want the govt to fund it. ASUU has control over "academics" "organisation or management", "decision making" and "recruitment of staffs".. even funds is controlled by them. The govt just give them funds and they're to use it accordingly... They should have rejected the funds since they're all shouting "autonomy". Bunch of confused fellows.

And funny enough, universities around d world are under IPPIS, why must ASUU's case be different when IPPIS can be tweaked to their useless demand.

They're confused jor, not really confused, they're sabouteurs.

U are actually dull.. U don't even know what u r saying...
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by AAA593: 7:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
[quote author=APCNig post=85653823]

If you ate autonomous from your parents, then you won't be asking money from your parents.

He that pays the piper, dictates the tune.[/quote

University autonomy is a global practice associated with universities all over the world and it has four main dimensions
namely: academic, organisational, financial and staff autonomy.

Academic autonomy simply means the university’s capacity to manage its internal academic affairs independently. Such academic issues include students’ admissions, academic content, quality assurance and the introduction of new degree programmes.

Organisational autonomy has to do with the university’s ability to decide freely on issues like decision-making bodies, executive leadership, legal entities and internal academic structures.

Financial autonomy is all about the university’s ability to decide freely on internal financial matters like managing its funds independently and setting its strategic aims.

All these must be added the fact that university autonomy gives absolute powers to a body called the university governing council. This body is officially recognised by the laws establishing universities in Nigeria. It is this body that is saddled with the responsibility for the control and management of university funds, employment and promotion of staff. All edicts and statues establishing universities and the nation’s constitution give full powers to the governing councils as the supreme body concerned with the day-to-day operation of the university. In the profoundest sense, university autonomy means that all powers academic, managerial and financial are vested in the governing council. All the agreements signed between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities since 1992 have shown abundantly that Nigerian universities should be allowed to operate in compliance with their enabling laws, statues, rules and regulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by brexit: 7:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
Many of the activities on campus are not transparent, I do not know why ASUU is always talking about accountability and transparency
Re: Buhari Meets ASUU Over IPPIS (Photos) by mykelly(m): 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
Most time people like you just write gibberish, the dictator should have met ASUU before now and try to sort out the issues raised instead of issuing threats...
Theenchanter2:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Electrifies 15 Varsities With 35MW Solar Grids / Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World / Apply For The 2018 Nigeria Higher Education Foundation Scholars Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.