Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Canadian Tourist Visa Delays - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Tourist Visa Delays (901 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by paddymo(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello everyone in the house, I applied for Canadian tourist visa in November first week, and I submitted all supporting document with my international passport at the document submission center in Lekki. On the application form, where I was asked if I have been refused or denied before, I answered NO, meanwhile I had a denial in 2017 from US Embasey. I actually forgot. I got a mail from Canadian embasy in Kenya stating that I choose NO on denial question, but the have record of US visa denial in 2017. This email was sent to me on 3rd December asking me to give details of my US denial within 7 days else my application will be terminated. I replied the mail afterwards 5days. But uptil now, I’ve not had any responds from them. It’s been 2 months now and they have my international passport with them. What should I do. Is there hope for me?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by popsy2(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dunno
Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by Or11: 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
You forgot about a visa denial or you intentionally denied to state it? I was refused a France visa and applied for a German visa three months later. I stated I was refused a visa by the French embassy and I was still granted the German visa. I even used the same passport with the denial stamp in it.

It pays to be honest, you have no chance being dishonest.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by iamgenius(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
paddymo:
Hello everyone in the house, I applied for Canadian tourist visa in November first week, and I submitted all supporting document with my international passport at the document submission center in Lekki. On the application form, where I was asked if I have been refused or denied before, I answered NO, meanwhile I had a denial in 2017 from US Embasey. I actually forgot. I got a mail from Canadian embasy in Kenya stating that I choose NO on denial question, but the have record of US visa denial in 2017. This email was sent to me on 3rd December asking me to give details of my US denial within 7 days else my application will be terminated. I replied the mail afterwards 5days. But uptil now, I’ve not had any responds from them. It’s been 2 months now and they have my international passport with them. What should I do. Is there hope for me?
Well, I pray they don't ban you bro. Just pray they don't ban you. Both countries share information. Same with Republic of Ireland and the UK.
Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by tessytessy(f): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
Bro,

What was issued you was a procedural fairness letter. You should have spoken to a lawyer before responding. You might be banned for Misrepresentation and the ban is for 5 years. Be happy to get only a refusal without a ban.
Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by abbyode(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
Just pray you don't get a ban...period!!! Nothing is impossible for God to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by paddymo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thank you all for your contributions, Well I didn’t speak to any lawyer but I sent a covering letter as why I didn’t indicate my previous denial. I don’t think I will be banned, If that was suppose to be the case, I don’t think they would have requested me to send detail of my previous USA Denial which I unintentionally omitted.

My biggest problem now is that I did submission and not online application, meaning they have been with my passport for 2 months now and I’m stocked here in nigeria. I studied and lived in india before I came back to apply for a tourist visa to Canada. The USA denial was not in nigeria, I applied while I was in india on August 2017, so it really skipped my mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by gragragra(m): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lol Abeg, you most likely deliberately lied in your application for reasons best known to you and should own up to it instead of insulting our collective intelligence to garner sympathy.

I've applied, as irrelevant as Benin Republic is, i don't fail to mention it in any visa application I'm making talk more of the US'

Sure you've learned your lesson and would be more straightforward next time if it turns you truly forgot then you're one heck of a scatterbrained individual.

Hopefully your passport is released without being banned or flagged.
paddymo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by paddymo(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2020
gragragra:
Lol Abeg, you most likely deliberately lied in your application for reasons best known to you and should own up to it instead of insulting our collective intelligence to garner sympathy.

I've applied, as irrelevant as Benin Republic is, i don't fail to mention it in any visa application I'm making talk more of the US'

Sure you've learned your lesson and would be more straightforward next time if it turns you truly forgot then you're one heck of a scatterbrained individual.

Hopefully your passport is released without being banned or flagged.

Uncle take it easy na. If It was deliberate, nothing will stopped me from saying it here. There is no need to rain insult, perhaps I don’t think your opinion matters. An agent handled this application and I didn’t tell him about my previous denial from USA embassy. So he wasn’t aware, and when he gave me the form to review, I would have pointed it out but I forgot I applied for USA visa some time in 2017 in india and was denied, that didn’t just cross my mind.

If you can’t contribute positively without insult, please just read pass, Thank you
Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by tellalexander: 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
I was refused a USA visa application earlier,I want to apply for an Ireland visa,on the application form I was instructed to attach any visa refusal I have in the past theat failure to do that will lead to automatic refusal..Gurus in the house if I don’t disclose the USA visa refusal to Ireland will they know? Since they are not sharing the same information..pls this is urgent I need an answer. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Tourist Visa Delays by tellalexander: 4:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
I and my daughter applied for a UK visa last year on sep 3rd,2019..we were granted the visa,I left my daughter over there and I came back..and her visa has expired,she is staying there permanently..now I want to apply back to UK or IRELAND for a tourist visa..I want to know if either or both embassy will know if my daughter overstayed,and if this may lead to a refusal or ban..Gurus in the house pls help me..and I heard Ireland and UK share the same information. I will be grateful if my question is answered. Thank u all

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? / Warning: Qatar Fan ID Is Not For You To Stay Back In Qatar(video) / Naija Lady In Uk Blasts Nigerians Bringin Fufu N Soup To D Office.Says It Stinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.