Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? (913 Views)

End Of Supersonic Transport( SST ): Tributes To Concorde / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) / Plastic Roads: The Possible End Of Pot Holes And Flood In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
This should be the most appropriate segment for this question. I've noticed/realized that when ever i chat with my family members or associates born and bred in the uk they usually end their texts with x(sometimes double or triple). A quick search on google for x x x redirect you to explicit content, i also unearthed that it could be a subtle means to request for sexual favours but i recieve these text from males and females alike or could it be a gay thing. Please nairalanders based in britain educate me, thank you.
Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by EzzyCarter: 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
"X" means kiss, "O" means hug. So usually you see things like xoxo, xx, xx.x, xo. It's just basically to show endearment when texting. Note, the xx.x isn't the same as XX.X for adult stuff sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
EzzyCarter:
"X" means kiss, "O" means hug. So usually you see things like xoxo, xx, xx.x, xo. It's just basically to show endearment when texting. Note, the xx.x isn't the same as XX.X for adult stuff sha grin
So put differently they are literally telling me kiss kiss kiss. Hmmmmm ok oooh.
Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by EzzyCarter: 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:
So put differently they are literally telling me kiss kiss kiss. Hmmmmm ok oooh.

Exactly. wink
Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by HomerTimpson: 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Exactly. wink
HMMM winking a fellow guy. Lemme mind my business here cool
Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by EzzyCarter: 3:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
HomerTimpson:
HMMM winking a fellow guy. Lemme mind my business here cool

Damn grin grin grin so, what are you getting at?
Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by HomerTimpson: 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Damn grin grin grin so, what are you getting at?
just worried abt the 14years FAM grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by EzzyCarter: 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2020
HomerTimpson:
just worried abt the 14years FAM grin

Mothr4cker grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Britons Use X X X At The End Of Their Messages...? by optimusprime2(m): 7:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
Kisses lots of em

(1) (Reply)

. / Passport: 'application Not Found' / Onitsha Airport Six Months After Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.