Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving (33861 Views)

Please What Is FRSC's Stand On Google Map / Stop Using Google Map While Driving – FRSC Warns Nigerians. / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by biggy26: 5:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
These guys should realize that bad roads are more dangerous for drivers than google map. Again, simply use voice and stop looking at the phone.
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Neoteny(m): 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
Why does the FRSC keep saying Google Maps? Is that the only GPS navigation aid for drivers?

Does it mean their ban applies to Gmaps only, and not say Sygic or Garmin or the other thousands of navi apps and devices?

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by DaBullIT(m): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
seunoni34:
Isn't phone holders what drivers have always used ? Or how possible is it for one to be driving and still be checking map on phone?

Some people are perfectly stupid

But not in Nigeria alone

However the focus is Nigeria where we buy 4th hand cars, even your car has inbuilt GPS and screen chances are it doesn't work hence why people might be holding phone to check map while driving

I'm pretty sure that customs probably has phone holders and Co in what they've siezed, why can't FRSC partner with them and be I charge of the sales of such items?

Even if there isn't such seized items with customs , FRSC could seek assistance from FG to subsidise cost of that item, import it and sell to general public at cheap rate in the bid to enforce this idea (Nigerians need a push)

They could have done that when they said every car must have first aid kit too, personally searched for weeks I couldn't find stores that sell car fitted first aid kits in my vicinity

So many things are done in the wrong way in Nigeria
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by brodalikeme(m): 5:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
biggy26:

These guys should realize that bad roads are more dangerous for drivers than google map. Again, simply use voice and stop looking at the phone.

That is not one of their problems become, that realization will only implicate their employers. The should even be concern about emergency health insurance for road travel but how will that put money in their pocket

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Flier: 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
starpower:
Them get sense update.
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Sprumbaba: 5:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
winar:
G
Masun
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by sweetgala(m): 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jestin:
They will hold press conference in every little things that gets to that country. Google maps that even smaller countries have been using since only God knows when .

It is a little thing to you until someone who is holding his phone while driving and is distracted while trying to make out the directions hits a car carrying a family with kids in the back and causes a major accident or runs over a poor lady on an motorcycle or a pedestrian.

It is very serious, driving should be done with caution

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by merits(m): 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
2mercy:

https://www.thecable.ng/frsc-gives-condition-for-use-of-google-map-while-driving

They are saying the truth, it's for our own safety.God bless the Nigeria road safety.
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by therajah: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
I see they just released Jan 2020 version of frsc brain update.. pls let all ur officers download and run this latest version on their brains too...

For nigeria police, they need complete re-installation of both hardware n software...

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by EagleSquare1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
But one challenge we have in Nigeria is that most people cannot gauge distances.
If the map device says ‘Turn left at 50 meters,’ and you will see someone ask ‘how do I know which one is 50 meters now?’
And they end up driving up to 100 meters or more, and when it resets they get more confused

biggy26:

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by ugooinnocent: 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
At least they don buy Small sense. It's a good one
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
seunoni34:
Isn't phone holders what drivers have always used ? Or how possible is it for one to be driving and still be checking map on phone?

U don’t know Nigerians.....phone holders ko, cup holder niiii...howmany nigerians u see phone holders in their car??

There was a thread on this same nairaland where someone was saying he will sue FRSC for wrong arrest....and the yidiot was holding phone in her hand while driving in the name of using google maps
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by nelson7777: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Available in 3 types
The one that sticks to glass
Another one sticks to anything
Finally the one that can be hung on AC vents

Call or whatsapp
081 655 37887

Thanks

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by CaptainFM1: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
If you're gonna put your phone in a cradle/holder, do make sure you wind up the windows. Sorry, if you don't have AC because someone is going to snatch your phone while you are stuck on the road.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by biggy26: 7:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
EagleSquare1:
But one challenge we have in Nigeria is that most people cannot gauge distances.
If the map device says ‘Turn left at 50 meters,’ and you will see someone ask ‘how do I know which one is 50 meters now?’
And they end up driving up to 100 meters or more, and when it resets they get more confused

Lool! Meaning they didn't take mathematics in school seriously. I also think anyone that wants to use an app like google map should learn from someone by observing before entering the road with it.
Another suggestion would be to develop a local version for climes like ours. cheesy
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by mykelly(m): 8:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Stupid idiots
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Some Nigeria car users lack driving moderacy and manners. Many do that on daily basis. We need iron hand discipline in all sphere in this country.

seunoni34:

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Memezozo(m): 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
seunoni34:

If you are driving an automatic car you can fully operate it with one hand and one leg.

I live outside Nigeria were they have zero tolerance to distracted driving but I drive with my right hand holding the wheel and left holding my phone for map direction, music shuffle and quick texting. A lot of people here do this. I will invest in phone holder soon because life has no duplicate.

2 Likes

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Goldenheart(m): 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Guilty.... tongue
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by guychidile: 9:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
arbegi pack well
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by bizzibodi(m): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Cantonese:
Please which one be car holding device? We need these things to be very clear and images given to us for better understanding.

We do not know between the police and FRSC which organisation seems to lay more traps for drivers on the roads than the other.

Images of the equipments please.
He meant a phone holding device attach to yur steering or dashboard.
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Enemyofpeace: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Rubbish.
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Cantonese: 1:11am On Jan 10, 2020
[quote author=Gwilym post=85649740]
Something like that below
You can buy on KONGA or Jumia[/quote
Ok thanks.
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by ebiproperties(m): 6:01am On Jan 10, 2020
Getting a car holder is not our issue but to protect us from thieves am a Uber driver we get been attacked by thieves because that is how they can only identify an Uber driver security is key here not all this pls rules
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 10, 2020
seunoni34:
. It's like you don't know we have some ?human beings, those that reply text messages while driving nko. On almost hit a traffic warden yester at roadblock, jalingo

1 Like

Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by icankel: 7:24am On Jan 10, 2020
I wanted typing something but i remember I do not have a car. May I follow d car owners contribute before d end of 2020....Amen
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by dikeigbo2(m): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2020
policy somersault......sense resetted due to public outcry...on the issue of siren and convoy gangs ....both private and government functionaries are the common abusers and they have sent many to the world beyond
Re: FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving by Christmasdon(m): 8:31am On Jan 10, 2020
The FRSC should also hold a work-shop seminar to teach the people how to read and sensor the google map. As reading it can be confusing.i was searching for a particular home only for me to discover say the home is at my backyard after running round and rounder.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Cars Should I Go For As My First Car? / 3 Facts About Vehicle Window Tint Permit In Nigeria / 7 Fuel-efficient Cars To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.