Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? (2920 Views)

Is There Preference For Automatic Transmission Car In Bolt/uber Screening? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by adanny01(m): 8:18am On Jan 24, 2020
myfireannihilat:
Here you have it

These are "magazine times", real times the BMW will always be better, so they will say!
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by yungboss(m): 8:21am On Jan 24, 2020
adanny01:

My closing statement.

There are 3 times above, all belong to the BMW.

If you were really interested in fair comparison, you will look at what Edmunds time for the accord is, what Motortrend time for the Accord is, then compare each of them to the BMW. You will even do more research but you are afraid of what you will find. If you criticize those who drove both cars extensively, what makes you sure you have an idea of the 2 cars?

You are just bent on discrediting any report with or without supporting facts that an Accord could perform better to an almighty BMW.

I so submit. Adios amigo.
What is painful is you still fail to understand my position.
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by adanny01(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2020
yungboss:

What is painful is you still fail to understand my position.

So it has not ended
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by adanny01(m): 8:26am On Jan 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, it's still silly af to compare that Honda to a BMW. Trust me, after 60mph, the 330i will catch up to and completely destroy the Accord.

Last time you prefer quick to fast. Do you wish to change it now if the Accord is quicker than the BMW?

HeavenlyBang:
Quick anytime anyday. I rarely go over 150km/hr these days but it's the hard acceleration up to that point that makes the car a joy.
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by thebigkendo(m): 8:33am On Jan 24, 2020
nurey:

What if it's a drag Race that is just ½ a KM and the BMW can't attain it's too speed? The only thing the BMW would destroy is its own Engine trying to catch-up the competition.

Mad ohhh!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by adanny01(m): 8:36am On Jan 24, 2020
yungboss:

Half a kilometre is 500metre- longer that the standard quarter of a mile.

This journalist shares the same sentiment i have been trying to pass across. My English writing isn't good enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2016/09/02/zero-0-60-mph-performance-is-overrated/

My point all along, use what you have to compare. Stop discrediting the basis of comparison when you don't have a more suitable option.

You first discredited the times by calling it "magazine times", now its the 0-60mph test as a yardstick you are discrediting.

I fully get your point but i dont agree with it. Variables is what you are talking about, these variables were taken cared of by various testers as best as they could. If their time is not good enough for you, why not give us your own times. But you cant have it, so use the magazine times till you can buy both cars, reduce those variables as best as you can and give us your own certified result.
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by nurey(m): 8:41am On Jan 24, 2020
yungboss:

Half a kilometre is 500metre- longer that the standard quarter of a mile.

This journalist shares the same sentiment i have been trying to pass across. My English writing isn't good enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoblog.com/amp/2016/09/02/zero-0-60-mph-performance-is-overrated/

I understand your position, that is why I am of the school of thought that only on the race track in real life can we truly know who is who.
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by EngRichie: 9:45am On Jan 24, 2020
I am looking forward to a time that I will see Nigerians discuss, contribute rather than argue. At least, contribute with few meaningful arguments.

It is an interesting question.
Personally, I like both torque and speed.
On most Nigerian roads, torque wins.
Most torquey cars are relatively low revving contributing to better fuel economy and engine longevity.
Some cars especially that of the Germans are versatile. They are ordinarily high speed cars but employ some other technogies like variable air intake, and so on to improve low to mid-range torque.
So even with same engine capacity, they win others in low and high speed race.
Let's remember other variables like impact of front and rear wheel on torque delivery and balance. Just so much to talk about.
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by laivwire(m): 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
To be honest I was dumbstruck when I discovered the Honda will beat the BMW 0-60 partly because I'm a BMW fan and I have little love for Japs. Biased I know but be that as it may this discuss isn't about drag races but intracity and interstate or highway runs. Yes, take off from traffic stops can be a drag race in a way but how many times?

The real test is on the interstate and there are good roads. You don't need 180kmh, even 140kmh which is a frequent speed is enough to dust the Honda. tongue

I've owned a 328i and I know it's take off is somewhat slow but I leave those Japs behind once above 100kmh.
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by foolbuster: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Lol, it's still silly af to compare that Honda to a BMW. Trust me, after 60mph, the 330i will catch up to and completely destroy the Accord.

Remember the subject is everyday driving. As in normal naija intercity driving conditions on most days. Here is a typical example.

You are in your beamer at a traffic light minding your business and one corky dude with his eod pulls over by your side, you scoff at his japanese shit box with a slight grin on your face while appreciating your piece of machinery reassuring yourself that nonsense accord is no match for your german machine, infact you decide to oppress him. Light goes green and its as if the eod dude was reading your mind, the two of you take off but to your surprise he takes the lead. you tell yourself with confidence you'll catchup and dust him and slowly you start closing in but there is a pothole ahead and the two of you slow down and then he takes off again you feel the first wave of frustration meanwhile the eod dude be feeling fly in his accord grin. Immediately you press down your foot harder to show that motherfucker who is boss but he pulls away for just a lil bit more extending the lead, your machine roars into 3rd gear and the gap begin closing but the eod's brake lights comes on......... damn !!! Another traffic light. You pull over by his side and the idiot actually looks you in the face this time with a smile. You bone do face like say you no see am. In your mind "walai if i no fu*ck you up this time eeh mtcheew" green again your foot is on the floor live but still the eod noses ahead and actually begins pulling away again, before you can curse, his indicator flashes he has to take the next turn but thats not your route.

Tell me who won?

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by nurey(m): 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
laivwire:
To be honest I was dumbstruck when I discovered the Honda will beat the BMW 0-60 partly because I'm a BMW fan and I have little love for Japs. Biased I know but be that as it may this discuss isn't about drag races but intracity and interstate or highway runs. Yes, take off from traffic stops can be a drag race in a way but how many times?

The real test is on the interstate and there are good roads. You don't need 180kmh, even 140kmh which is a frequent speed is enough to dust the Honda. tongue

I've owned a 328i and I know it's take off is somewhat slow but I leave those Japs behind once above 100kmh.

The question is were they actually racing with you? I have done something like yours recently and I was chased by customs December 2019 where I was Dusting virtually every car on the road, my car was dirty and custom took me for a smuggler and chased me some couple of miles Abeokuta sagamu road.

It was until I noticed them trying to catch up in their Hilux against my 1MZ sienna I just slowed down to avoid wahala didn't even know they were chasing me, just had a hutch grin
Re: What’s Your Preference; Quick Or Fast? by laivwire(m): 7:15pm On Jan 24, 2020
nurey:

The question is were they actually racing with you? I have done something like yours recently and I was chased by customs December 2019 where I was Dusting virtually every car on the road, my car was dirty and custom took me for a smuggler and chased me some couple of miles Abeokuta sagamu road.

It was until I noticed them trying to catch up in their Hilux against my 1MZ sienna I just slowed down to avoid wahala didn't even know they were chasing me, just had a hutch grin

grin Chasing with a Hilux. They must have a death wish. True they are not chasing me but a driver who clearly wants to overtake everyone on the road isn't hard to miss.

I remember sometime in 2014, I felt so confident of my driving skills back then although I was driving a Hilux funny enough. Relatively new though. I enjoyed overtaking and was on an average speed of about 130kmh when this 2001 c230 sport came closing in, white colour I remember. Hard as I stomped the gas this guy slowly but surely caught up with me. It was on Kaduna- Kafanchan road I think. I revved so hard but this guy came in, overtook and slowly but consistently increased the space between us cheesy. I was floored but that's the joy in it; You don't need to reach 160kmh before you know whos boss. You just realize you both aren't mates

(1) (2) (Reply)

NADDC Electric Vehicle Charging Station Inaugaurated In Sokoto (Photos) / Made-in-nigeria Shacman Trucks Out Soon / A Review Of The Innoson FOX And UMU Sedans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.