Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Passport Problems - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Problems (2319 Views)

Lagos Government Begins Removal Of Roundabouts Responsible For Traffic Problems / Solving Erosion Problems In Anambra State - Photos / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 5:24am On Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone,

I was at the Ikeja immigration office sometime in December for my passport and I paid 33,000 for the old one which was supposed to be ready in 4 working days but up until now, the passport has not been issued.

I filled all the necessary forms and made payments with Capturing made by an immigration officer, I don’t want to believe I’ve been scammed. However, the story has remained the same. Old booklets are not available and new machines have been installed bla bla bla.. hence the delay. Is anyone else experiencing theirs same problem and is there any necessary authorizes to report this to so prompt action can be expidited.

Regards.
@ lalasticlala
Re: Passport Problems by BetterMan247(m): 6:45am On Jan 10, 2020
Never relent always be in touch with them
Re: Passport Problems by dotman10(m): 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
Am also in the same situation. Paid 28k and was promised collection in 2 weeks. Till now, na so so story.

Was told there is no booklet and they dont know when they will bring it. The painful part is that I need the passport to travel by next week. Please update me incase anything positive comes up
Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
dotman10:
Am also in the same situation. Paid 28k and was promised collection in 2 weeks. Till now, na so so story.

Was told there is no booklet and they dont know when they will bring it. The painful part is that I need the passport to travel by next week. Please update me incase anything positive comes up

I’m hoping the Moderators will bring this to the front page so as to draw the appropriate authorities attention to this problem. Only God knows how many people are in this predicament now. I also need my passport ready to start making travel plans and as at now, everything concerning traveling is on hold for me. Worse off, I don’t know how long this will last.

Re: Passport Problems by Beautyaddy: 1:04am On Jan 11, 2020
Surfondsystems:

I’m hoping the Moderators will bring this to the front page so as to draw the appropriate authorities attention to this problem. Only God knows how many people are in this predicament now. I also need my passport ready to start making travel plans and as at now, everything concerning traveling is on hold for me. Worse off, I don’t know how long this will last.

You all should post all these concerns on their Twitter handle page @nigimmgration.

Hopefully you might get a better response there.

Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 1:14am On Jan 11, 2020
Beautyaddy:

You all should post all these concerns on their Twitter handle page @nigimmgration.

Hopefully you might get a better response there.

Thanks a lot

Re: Passport Problems by magnolia4: 10:07am On Jan 11, 2020
My brother is in a similar situation, and it's this same Ikeja, in fact he did his own capture since November ending, and paid 30k. He was initially told the delay was due to the end of year rush, but now the excuse of no booklet again is given. The agent even said the person in charge of the booklets had not even gone to Abuja, until he goes, lay complaint and returns. It's so annoying because my brother needs it latest end of this month.
Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2020
magnolia4:
My brother is in a similar situation, and it's this same Ikeja, in fact he did his own capture since November ending, and paid 30k. He was initially told the delay was due to the end of year rush, but now the excuse of no booklet again is given. The agent even said the person in charge of the booklets had not even gone to Abuja, until he goes, lay complaint and returns. It's so annoying because my brother needs it latest end of this month.

It’s so painful because now I can’t make any travel plans and money initially meant for traveleling will eventually go for other exigencies.

I’m just sad.
Re: Passport Problems by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
That's how it is almost everywhere in this damned country nowadays ooo.

I am presently in the same situation now. I applied for passport renewal at Osogbo office since November 1st and i paid total of 32k but i haven't gotten it yet. All the people I contacted there keep saying they're having booklets shortages and they're only making the passports according to people's application dates. Earlier this week sha, i was told they've already reached October 28th now and will soon get to November 1st that i should exercise bit more patience and i should get it before this month runs out...
Re: Passport Problems by Sss2: 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
I am experiencing same issue here.
I did capturing in oct at Ibadan immigration office. Paid 28k Up till now No booklet.

I have complained tiredly on Twitter. No reply.
Re: Passport Problems by elijah101(m): 3:53am On Jan 12, 2020
All of una wey post una problem .. get one thing in Common .. All of you paid above the official price , which is why you all are getting special treatment .. Congratulations ....

33k guy ... Price for the newly Enhanced Passport .. Not the standard old one ooo .. Is 25-26k ... and you would have gotten it in one week no fuss .. no issues .. no shouting ..
28k guy .. Same thing ...

people that did it outside lagos , if you had done it your self .. it would have been ready by now ... the dubious officers are just prolonging your issue so you can tell the next person about it so they can get more victims .. Your solution is on twitter ..

Tweet @nigimmgration and your issue will be looked at

Re: Passport Problems by mayorall(m): 2:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
dotman10:

Go outside Lagos and get it if it's important.

I paid 35k in Osun state January second. I was told to come pick it up next day but I travelled back to Lagos.

I picked it up on 9th of January when I travelled back and it was boldly written there that it was issued on 3rd of January. So it was definitely ready next day.
Re: Passport Problems by lasthero: 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
The truth is that there are papers If you are ready to rub palms and pay extra. That's just the bitter truth.

My cousin was to travel last month, the trip was emergency and needed to renew passport at ikeja.

Guess what, he got it within 3 working days because he paid 55,000naira as against the regular 30k.

Did capture on Tuesday, got the passport on Friday of the same week.

We were there together at the collection center and I saw people lamenting for waiting over 2 months.

That's just the sad situation of this country

Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
So someone here is suggesting that we bribe immigration officers after paying way more than the official charges due.

This country is finished.

Re: Passport Problems by carpdiemz: 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
Surfondsystems:
Hello everyone,

I was at the Ikeja immigration office sometime in December for my passport and I paid 33,000 for the old one which was supposed to be ready in 4 working days but up until now, the passport has not been issued.

I filled all the necessary forms and made payments with Capturing made by an immigration officer, I don’t want to believe I’ve been scammed. However, the story has remained the same. Old booklets are not available and new machines have been installed bla bla bla.. hence the delay. Is anyone else experiencing theirs same problem and is there any necessary authorizes to report this to so prompt action can be expidited.

Regards.
@ lalasticlala

I'm in same situation I paid 41k , did my capturing since November 28 and the stupid man keep telling him no booklet have already told him to refund my money as im no more interested im sick of this country
Re: Passport Problems by Beautyaddy: 7:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
Surfondsystems:
So someone here is suggesting that we bribe immigration officers after paying way more than the official charges due.

This country is finished.

lol...since 1980.

And Nigeria will never change, unfortunately. undecided

Re: Passport Problems by Happiness6063(f): 8:08am On Jan 14, 2020
I also went to register for my passport and I was told that if I pay, I won't be able to get it as there were no booklets. The officer said they are not sure when it will be available as it maybe up to a month that was last week Friday.
I think is general
Re: Passport Problems by lasthero: 10:25am On Jan 14, 2020
carpdiemz:
pls if you can link me with the person cuz i stupidly paid an agent whom I tot would know one of the ogas to make my passport come out easily at that same ikeja passport office , I paid 41k and did my capturing since November 28 last year now it seems he doesnt paid the man the normal money he supose to paid him

Since you already paid and apply, I'm not sure it will be easy to pass to another officer. But Nov 28 is a long time oooo
Re: Passport Problems by carpdiemz: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
lasthero:

Since you already paid and apply, I'm not sure it will be easy to pass to another officer. But Nov 28 is a long time oooo

I'm telling you oh , is the passport the old one or this new one cuz i fall into that old one category then
Re: Passport Problems by carpdiemz: 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
lasthero:
The truth is that there are papers If you are ready to rub palms and pay extra. That's just the bitter truth.

My cousin was to travel last month, the trip was emergency and needed to renew passport at ikeja.

Guess what, he got it within 3 working days because he paid 55,000naira as against the regular 30k.

We were there together at the collection center and I saw people lamenting for waiting over 2 months.

is this passport the new one or the old one?
Re: Passport Problems by carpdiemz: 4:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
mayorall:

Go outside Lagos and get it if it's important.

I paid 35k in Osun state January second. I was told to come pick it up next day but I travelled back to Lagos.

I picked it up on 9th of January when I travelled back and it was boldly written there that it was issued on 3rd of January. So it was definitely ready next day.

the new passport or old one?
Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 1:39am On Jan 15, 2020
carpdiemz:

the new passport or old one?

Affects only the old one I guess.
Re: Passport Problems by OgaVoltron: 10:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
Got mine done at ikoyi without paying a dime to anybody after applying online, got it after a week. The new one for that matter.
Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
OgaVoltron:
Got mine done at ikoyi without paying a dime to anybody after applying online, got it after a week. The new one for that matter.

Please post the application link.

Thank you.
Re: Passport Problems by OgaVoltron: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Surfondsystems:

Please post the application link.

Thank you.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/

Link to thread for steps & experiences

https://www.nairaland.com/1969461/cost-nigeria-international-passport
Re: Passport Problems by rerhji(m): 5:05am On Jan 18, 2020
i'm also a victim here oo. i did my capturing at anambra since December...up till more nothing oo
Re: Passport Problems by LooseCanon(m): 8:39am On Jan 18, 2020
elijah101:
All of una wey post una problem .. get one thing in Common .. All of you paid above the official price , which is why you all are getting special treatment .. Congratulations ....

33k guy ... Price for the newly Enhanced Passport .. Not the standard old one ooo .. Is 25-26k ... and you would have gotten it in one week no fuss .. no issues .. no shouting ..

people that did it outside lagos , if you had done it your self .. it would have been ready by now ... the dubious officers are just prolonging your issue so you can tell the next person about it so they can get more victims .. Your solution is on twitter ..

Why not shut up if you don't know what to say.... I did mine since about a week now... paid online, filled the form myself,summited the doc needed ,did my captuing over a week now and nothing and it's for the new passport ooo.... the country is miserable and dying.. the corruption here will sink it sooner rather than later
Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Re: Passport Problems by Surfondsystems: 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
OgaVoltron:

I eventually got my passport two days ago but please how much did you pay online in case I want to refer someone.
Re: Passport Problems by suco01(m): 6:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
elijah101:

U spoke my mind. DIY is the key don't patronise your or any immigration officer they won't listen
Re: Passport Problems by suco01(m): 6:07pm On Feb 16, 2020
lasthero:

if u DO IT YOURSELF regular official payment is 25k ND it will take both capturing ND collection 2weeks max. Be guided and stop misleading people.

Wireless Intercom Solution for Homes Offices / Ecowas Passport For Nigeria / ‎beach Resort Estate Lekki

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57