Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License (5912 Views)

Has Anyone Bought Ntel Simcard? / I Bought A Blacklisted Phone On Amazon. Please Help! / His Experience And How He Bought A Fake Mobile Phone With Eba Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by sunboy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2010
Competition continue as Etisalat acquired 3G licence via the purchase of Dangote's alheri.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by tomiade1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
hmm , this is getting interesting grin. . .:::: . . source pls kiss
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by aieromon(m): 11:16pm On Dec 04, 2010
In two years of operation, Etisalat Nigeria acquires 3G Licence
Business Dec 3, 2010

By Moses Nosike

The late entrant in the Nigerian telecommunication market, but the most expanding network in Nigeria, Etisalat Nigeria has acquired 3G licence to essentially boost its mobile broadband experience in Nigeria. Etisalat Nigeria is a GSM operator in Nigeria, operated in partnership with Etisalat, the leading mobile operator in the Middle East.

EMTS, Etisalat Nigeria, announced the agreed purchase of Alheri Mobile Services Limited, a fully owned subsidiary of the Dangote Group in Lagos. Alheri Mobile is a holder of a 3G licence for Nigeria . Management sources said that the acquisition will put Etisalat Nigeria in the position of having immediate access to and full use of a 3G licence in line with the other three GSM operators in Nigeria.

CEO of Etisalat Nigeria, Steven E. Evans, said, “we are delighted to acquire the 3G licence, which is an essential element of our plans for further developing the market for mobile broadband in Nigeria.

We have placed a strong emphasis on offering data services to all our customers from launch through enabling edge on all our cell sites throughout Nigeria . Now with 3G, we can further develop our data and mobile broadband portfolio and offer our customers even higher levels of service. There is pent-up demand in Nigeria for broadband and we intend to be leaders in satisfying it.”

In addition, the Chairman of EMTS, Mr Hakeem Bello Osagie said, “we are very happy with the acquisition of the 3G license and with the professional way in which the negotiations were led by Mr Aliko Dangote and his team. We look forward to further cooperation in the future.”

Managing Director of Alheri Mobile, Boye Olusanya, and Head of Dangote’s telecommunications arm confirmed that, “it makes sense for us to sell Alheri Mobile to Etisalat Nigeria as we believe that the market here can only sustain four mobile operators in the medium to long term”.

Management of the Etisalat Nigeria reiterated that careful planning before rolling out services and making sure that what they promise customers is the same quality they will deliver, saying that its 30 years of experience as it were is the secret of the network fast expansion.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/in-two-years-of-operation-etisalat-nigeria-acquires-3g-licence/

Etisalat runs a very good EDGE service and am sure they will impress subscribers once they roll out their 3G service(nationwide,i hope).
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by engrhamid(m): 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2010
tomi_ade:

hmm , this is getting interesting grin. . .:::: . . source pls kiss
ckeck today's vanguard news
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by honsule(m): 12:07am On Dec 05, 2010
This is Gd news
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Dclique(m): 12:48am On Dec 05, 2010
Good, but i don't think theirs would be faster than MTN's 3G/3.5G
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Kellymann: 12:55am On Dec 05, 2010
This is really good news. With etisalat 3g, internet experience will b a lot more interesting as its present EDGE competes favourably wit the present 3g of other networks, mtn inclusive.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by edoyad(m): 1:27am On Dec 05, 2010
When 4g is already in use in the western world ?
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by semid4lyfe(m): 2:09am On Dec 05, 2010
Nice! Their Edge is v.good so I can imagine their 3G Will be SUPERB
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by tomiade1(m): 8:25am On Dec 05, 2010
i think its almost time to start breaking my mtn sim cards

now, all that is left is for dem to drop their tariffs, BIS inclusive! grin grin ;De grin
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by frgy1: 9:00am On Dec 05, 2010
Kellymann:

This is really good news. With etisalat 3g, internet experience will b a lot more interesting as its present EDGE competes favourably wit the present 3g of other networks, mtn inclusive.
i hate mtn too, but what u said is not near true in my locality. Mtn speed na no competition
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Kellymann: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2010
In ur area yes but most areas don't enjoy the kinda speed u do, which still boils down to d same thing
frgy_:

i hate mtn too, but what u said is not near true in my locality. Mtn speed na no competition
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by aieromon(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2010
Etisalat will bring MTN to its knees if they roll out their 3G services nationwide like they did with EDGE.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by honeric01(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2010
Airtel is going to rule them all.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by osy77(m): 10:58pm On Dec 05, 2010
dividends of democracy grin grin
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by bash673(m): 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2010
edoyad:

BUT THESE ARE THE TYPE OF ADVERTS WE SEE ON THE AIR DAILY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECF-tBIK6pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igdyXceBZLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJEIzL0jpcc&feature=related

APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by damola1: 11:32pm On Dec 05, 2010
Men, this is actually old news, at least to me, cos I got wind of this almost a year ago, and thought, what is taking them so long?

http://www.technologytimesng.com/2009/12/12/dangote-etisalat-nigeria-seal-n22-5b-3g-spectrum-sale-deal/
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by ayowande(m): 11:38pm On Dec 05, 2010
There is still no 4G anywhere.LTE and Wimax are 3.9G at most.the trials of these technologies worldwide has shown that the LTE(pushed by AT$T,Verison) and Wimax(pushed largely by sprint,nextel ,clearwire) is only slightly better than current standards of 3G(HSPAD+ e.t.c) besides there are issues with voice which is why we see a new standard VoLGA(Voice over LTE Generic Access).this will make voice calls revert back to 3G networks or 2.5G depending on several factors.The cost of the so called 4G is also a capital intensive technology as new frequencies are required to operate them.
The reason why we think 3G and the likes should be hailed here is that we have not seen anything better.Someone says MTN is great in his area.i wonder if he does more than facebook and the pause and play youtube we get over the networks.As demand grows you'll see why 3G has failed in most places and why operators are looking at newer standards. the best will come starting with Lagos next year.
Watch this space.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by gozzilla(m): 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2010
Its a good thing. One hope we can see this kind of competitive atmosphere to actually deliver service in all aspect of the Nigerian economy. think Power suppy (NEPA).
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by shabbie(m): 12:55am On Dec 06, 2010
edoyad:

4g doesn't exist!!

By the way, when 3G licences were sold Dangote bought it as an investment to be sold for profit later. Now he is smiling to the bank grin
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by guente02(m): 1:08am On Dec 06, 2010
Hope dey would start 4rm my ends like dey did wit EDGE!
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by AMADU77: 1:10am On Dec 06, 2010
Dangote is not new in this field, its maybe only an investment for him
but he's also in the fiber optic field which is linked to the 3G
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by roymary: 2:41am On Dec 06, 2010
Business Sense!
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by samir101ng(m): 3:53am On Dec 06, 2010
It is good for consumers that Etisalat has acquired a 3G license. Everyone here agrees that Etisalat has the best EDGE network currently in Nigeria. However, rolling out an EDGE network and a 3.5G network are very different. 3.5G networks are capital intensive and require that some infrastructure be put into place namely a fibre-optic backbone. MTN currently is in the lead with about 10 cities with 3G network coverage. I do PRAY however that Etisalat continues with their innovations and customer geared service. We all know that foreign firms come into the Nigerian market and get infected very soon with the "nigerian virus" thereby offering customers poor services and generally not caring.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by supereagle(m): 5:02am On Dec 06, 2010
Data service should crash down that is what we need, MTN is exploiting Nigerians.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by poweredcom(m): 5:14am On Dec 06, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by daroz(m): 7:01am On Dec 06, 2010
Good bless Etisalat, i see further collapse of MTN internent access price soon
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by guente02(m): 7:25am On Dec 06, 2010
Please let them commence the 3g service swiftly. Their EDGE is unbeteably the best and with them introducing 3g is basically pretty smart to easy up the EDGE platform and her entering the 3g market and offer the same service quality, im quite optimistic that they would out run the MTN especially. Im just tired with MTN and her cranks!
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by Rare(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2010
I see a lot of remorse for MTN here.
Remember that MTN is only acting based on available competition in the market.
If you need to vent your anger, look at the regulatory body, that's their job.
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by agisanalyst(m): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2010
Upscale your skill in GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing technologies.

Get appropriate softwares for free.

Hope to hear from you soon
Re: Etisalat Bought Dangote's Alheri: Gets 3G License by xtremeidea(m): 9:26am On Dec 06, 2010
HOPE WE DONT WEAIT FOREVER LIKE GLO'S SUB MARINE CABLE THAT IS TAKING A LIFETIME TO COME ONLINE. undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Latest Gionee Phones Price And Specification In Nigeria / 27,000mah Oraimo Power Bank / Photo Of The Day : When You Can't Afford A Selfie Stick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.