Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,839 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) (23979 Views)

APC Governors To Remove Oshiomhole As Chairman, Collect Signatures / 2019: 3 PDP Governors To Defect To APC - Suleiman Ahmed Wambai / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by LegendHero(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2020
kudinkarfe:
Borno State is the first State to introduce State Security not Southwest

You are right, but here I’m talking about regions. There are some states with their own version of security outfit but there hasn’t been regions coming together to establish a security outfit with an established command center to monitor operation.

That’s what I meant with my words, which explains why I called them the SW.
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by Gandollar(f): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2020
itsme01:

as it is now Amotekun isnt violating any law, legally we have freedom of assoiciation, we have right to posses a lisenced catridge loaded riffle and game riffle, citizens can make arrest unbehalf of law enforcement agency and hand over the culprits to the Police for prosecution,

Northerners that i know (my mother is one and grew up in the north) are not what you Ibos think they are, they dont joke with gentle men agreements and thats why we call them Habokkii here, so just seat and watch SouthWest play this politics and see who would cry betrayer soon

Proscribtion can always be challenged in court if the grounds of proscription are shaky, as we are not practising dictatorship.. even as crazy as IPOB and BSS was FG never proscribed them it was South East governors that did

Ook.

Still loling hard @ breaking your back cum dey go grin

I have seen it all trust me and now I'm taken, I don't miss a thing.
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by Advocate500: 11:52am On Jan 11, 2020
itsme01:

if they insult Shout Yeast now you would be beging, calling your blodas abi

anyways talkiing about Cowards what do you call Ojucrook and Nnamdi Kanu

tomorrow someone will tell me yurobas are not tribal, u alone brought tribal opinion to this topic.
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by itsme01: 11:55am On Jan 11, 2020
Advocate500:
tomorrow someone will tell me yurobas are not tribal, u alone brought tribal opinion to this topic.

perhaps you didnt see his meme throwing snide remarks.. so its quite hypocritical that answering him makes me tribal yet he isnt... typical
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:
Yorubas are pacesetters.

You can say that again. Imagine what we will be able to achieve without carrying the baggage called Nigeria on our shoulders.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by caprini1: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
ProWalker:
Just like their SE counterparts, the NW want to study the operational mode of Amotekun in order to replicate same in the NW where bandits are having a free reign.

Eventually we will all come to realize that we need local solution to local security problem without waiting for one guy in abuja to give orders
Reminds me of Bakassi boys in the south east ,i came into onitsha 2001 around 3am ,and no one was ready to rob me ,infact if you drop your money ,thieves will call you to come and pick it,unlike some years back.....you cant even park your car and not be robbed within seconds grin

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
Auladimeji:
I told someone that if the south west wants Nigeria to divide, they can achieve without anybody dieing like south east
bro u are right but you must understand that with the type of ambition tinubu have to be come president will sink the Yoruba race
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by kayfra: 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2020
kudinkarfe:
Borno State is the first State to introduce State Security not Southwest
SW is not a state dumba$$

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
azimo:
bro u are right but you must understand that with the type of ambition tinubu have to be come president will sink the Yoruba race

Tinubu's ambition to become the President has made him blind to the fact that Fulanis have never in the history of Nigeria willingly relinquished power and I am sure they are not ready to do that now.

Therein lies the fatal mistake that Tinubu will make, repeating the history of Afonja in Ilorin, selling his people to the Fulanis because of power and probably losing his life in the process.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by Okemmuo3: 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by DNSPro: 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
LegendHero:

I think the North being so powerful is a myth. People are judging the North through the mirror of the military era and that is what is making people paranoid.

Also, the current political class of the South are not interested in restructuring and they are all hiding under the shield that the North is powerful and using that to justify the southern leaders incompetence.

Even the lanky Fulani herdsmen power is a myth coz of the southerners really want to deal with them, there is nothing they can do. Forget about the media rubbish, if the southerners stand in unison against any herdsmen killer, the Fulani herdsmen will blink first.

Do you think if each house of rep and senators of the South rise up in the floor of the house and senate to d restructuring of Nigeria with conviction and sincerity, do you think the North has the power to oppose?

If the governors and house of assemblies within each state of the south rise up with one voice for restructuring, do you think Buhari has the power to declare war on them with the Nigerian army? Hell no, the southerners political class themselves don’t want any restructuring.

True. A typical example of what you opined is what igbo leaders do. Because of the "marginalization" Mantra that is often weaved into igbo-centric politics, they use it as an excuse to relax without doing anything when the need arise.

A typical example is when the Lagos Ibadan Railway project was being discussed at the senate, apart from Abaribe, who often spoke in defense of the igbo region, the others didn't do anything.

I have been to almost all the train lines in Ogun axis for monitoring and I can say it is a massive project that will serve the region well. The second phase is to visit the Oyo axis.

But few days ago, we read they are now planning to building their own railway for the south east..., while this is commendable, there is no doubt that Eastern leaders often hide under the cloak of "marginalization" as a disguise for incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by LegendHero(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2020
DNSPro:

True. A typical example of what you opined is what igbo leaders do. Because of the "marginalization" Mantra that is often weaved into igbo-centric politics, they use it as an excuse to relax without doing anything when the need arise.

A typical example is when the Lagos Ibadan Railway project was being discussed at the senate, apart from Abaribe, who often spoke in defense of the igbo region, the others didn't do anything.

I have been to almost all the train lines in Ogun axis for monitoring and I can say it is a massive project that will serve the region well. The second phase is to visit the Oyo axis.

But few days ago, we read they are now planning to building their own railway for the south east..., while this is commendable, there is no doubt that Eastern leaders often hide under the cloak of "marginalization" as a disguise for incompetence.

Correct observation. You captured the mindset of the political class perfectly.

Also, their main weapon is using division as a means of power. Recruit some few propagandists online and cause fight among several ethnic groups online so people won’t have time to question us.

Also, blame everything on the president so that people will not care what we are doing. Why blame something like police checkpoints on Buhari when the governors can influence the commissioners of police in their respective states for example to mitigate against that.

Another example is these Fulani herdsmen atrocities in the SW for example, if the governors keep crying and waiting on Buhari to influence the security to work then we will continue to wail while the terrorists slaughter our people. The SW governors rose up and changed the narratives. That’s how it ought to be in saner environment.

The crux of the matter here is that the citizens need to hold the governors responsible for any actions first before shouting marginalization by the FG. If the governors and representatives can’t help us, then I don’t think someone in far away Abuja will come to our aid.

Even that Lagos-Ibadan railway you spoke about will be a result of great lobbying and bargaining by the politicians of the SW. The Governors of the SE should have bargained a lot of developmental project especially when they had Jonathan (one of theirs) in government then. Reason is because in Nigeria, everything is politics, even development.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by k2money(m): 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
Halopy:
There is more to the politics of book haram than you know bro. Whether we listened to paid journalist or not, we all see what is going on in Nigeria. The president has all it takes if he really wants the country restructured. The president himself has never hidden his opposition to restructuring. The president knows how to make the National Assembly do his will. He knows how to remove onnoghen unconstitutionally and treathened the NJC to uphold it. He knows how to use DSS to do lots of unconstitutional disobedience to court orders but suddenly became incapacitated and clueless about how to get Nigeria restructured. It is either you are innocently misled to believe this or you are one of those supporting this calamity on Nigeria for selfish reason.
No president can force NA to restructure a country. You are right when you said he's not in support. And concerning BH, have being to Borno during the time of GEJ and how BH takes over communities without the Nigeria army ready to strike and have being to Borno during the time of Buhari how BH are afraid to come out they now live in forest. Peace have been restored in a lot of communities. I'm not on anybody side but trying to say it as it might be I can't say as it is because everybody knows any terrorists is being sponsored by Govt. But I have another mind they are getting aid from shiite, and that is why Buhari is trying to eliminate them for the hatred he have for them.
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by Legendguru: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lol
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by crafteck(m): 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thegoodone13:
Do u know her?

AT ALL
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by crafteck(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:

Pray you can set a quarter of my personal paces.

Sorry, I don't sleep around
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by maynation(f): 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
crafteck:

Sorry, I don't sleep around
Lol.

I can bet you quoted me in the first place just you could write this. All ladies can't be hoe, could they?
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by crafteck(m): 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
maynation:

Lol.

I can bet you quoted me in the first place just you could write this. All ladies can't be hoe, could they?

Was joking, didn't think of u as one.... A lot are but as I said... Na normal nl banter....
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by maynation(f): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
crafteck:

Was joking, didn't think of u as one.... A lot are but as I said... Na normal nl banter....
No offence taken sir.
Have a good night.
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by poseidon12: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
So every region actually want their own regional security outfit. Shouldn't we then go ahead and amend the Constitution to allow regional and State Police? The problem of insecurity would obviously be solved by regional and State Police that are well trained and equipped with modern weapons.
With State and regional Police, the Fulani killer herdsmen issue will be effectively taken care of. I'm happy that the Northerners are embracing the idea of regional Police. Good development.
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by poseidon12: 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
ProWalker:
Just like their SE counterparts, the NW want to study the operational mode of Amotekun in order to replicate same in the NW where bandits are having a free reign.

Eventually we will all come to realize that we need local solution to local security problem without waiting for one guy in abuja to give orders

Exactly. State and Regional Police, with full Police powers, is the way to go.
Re: Amotekun: North West Governors To Copy South West Counterparts(The Nation) by poseidon12: 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
saaron:
What happen to their hisbah police? Anyway.
The security outfit created by South West govs to secure the region from fulani terrorist is very commendable. Instead of individual states going it alone where it will be easy for buhari's islamist regime to attack, they cleverly decide to form a joint security force. Defence by numbers or group is the best form of defence in a country where state sponsored terrorist are destroying lives and properties.
I urge states in Middle Belt, South East and South South to borrow this beautiful idea and secure their regions.
If 12 northern states can unilaterally declare themselves islamic states with islamic police (Hisbah state police), then other states in Nigeria are FREE to join forces and create their own security outfits to secure lives and properties.

Fulani terrorist (Armed Bandiths) are STATE SPONSORED! Always have this at the back of your mind.

You are right about the State (FG) sponsorship of the Fulani bandits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Governors Declare Open Grazing Outdated / Buhari Launches WADA, Says Drug Abuse Deadlier Than Insurgency / #PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.