Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,659 members, 7,958,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 (41808 Views)

Husband, Wife Buried On Runway At US Airport Greet Thousands Of Planes Every Yea / Kyiv Struck By Missiles As Russia Launches A Major Aerial Attack. / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by AirtimersSport(f): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2020
Macsjebs:

People like 'Russia' care less, to them it's collateral damage and sometimes terrorists operate under the guise of civilian planes
and people like USA care more right?

1 Like

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:51am On Jan 11, 2020
Travel to Dubai is now a problem
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Izigha(m): 8:57am On Jan 11, 2020
grandstar:
What of Lockerbie incident? I thought the plane was shot down
It was not shot down, the bomb was in a suitcase, and the passenger of the case got off the plane in a stop over
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Cutehector(m): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2020
itsme01:
shocked

So US once shutdown an Iranian comercial jetliner killing 290 people of which 66 were kids, and they only paid compensation and case was closed

Iran did the same and all the noise going on and double standard from hypocrites

thank you my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Izigha(m): 9:00am On Jan 11, 2020
That is why if you miss a connecting flight they removed your luggage from the flight grin
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Marine54(m): 9:04am On Jan 11, 2020
FloxySmart:

I’ve always knew US is nowhere near the Angel they present themselve as. They are just as wicked and cruel as the known terrorists, they have been able to fool so many because they always act in disguise. They don’t deserve the world power especially not with Trump as the head, infact no nation does!
shut up! Since to you united states don't deserve to be world power, go and collect from them. President Trump kill a known terrorist and you're here crying like a baby! Terrorist sympathizer......

1 Like

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by AquariusRising: 9:04am On Jan 11, 2020
The US shot down an Iranian plane carrying 290 passengers...what can I say? Sometimes, the intelligence the US receives is flawed.

Considering how the matter was settled, It is possible the US received intelligence that the plane may be hijacked and used to cause harm. Hijacking of planes is a popular modus operandi of radical islamic terrorists

I'm sure if the US had shot down the planes that were hijacked and flown into the world trade center, the outcome of 2001 till date with Iraq and the middle East may be a bit different....mind you, there is proof that the US know those planes would be hijacked...
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Godsage(m): 9:06am On Jan 11, 2020
itsme01:
shocked

So US once shutdown an Iranian comercial jetliner killing 290 people of which 66 were kids, and they only paid compensation and case was closed

Iran did the same and all the noise going on and double standard from hypocrites

U de mind them,

Us wey drop atomic bomb on hiroshima and nagasaki killing over 400,000 civillians sef de talk..

Blood de Usa hand

1 Like

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by itsme01: 9:07am On Jan 11, 2020
AquariusRising:
The US shot down an Iranian plane carrying 290 passengers...what can I say? Sometimes, the intelligence the US receives is flawed.

Considering how the matter was settled, It is possible the US received intelligence that the plane may be hijacked and used to cause harm. Hijacking of planes is a popular modus operandi of radical islamic terrorists

I'm sure if the US had shot down the planes that were hijacked and flown into the world trade center, the outcome of 2001 till date with Iraq and the middle East may be a bit different....mind you, there is proof that the US know those planes would be hijacked...

if only you took time to read, they mistaken an Air bus large plane for a fighter jet that was their reason and not any hijacked plane roaster
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by AquariusRising: 9:08am On Jan 11, 2020
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
remove the smart from ur moniker

God! You took that right out of my mouth...
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Izigha(m): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2020
There was an Egyptian airline that blow up in long Island New York after take off, during that time the US Navy was having a drill in the area, till today some aviation analysts believe it was accidentally shot down. Thou the Navy dnt admit it.
Read about it if you have the time.

1 Like

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by itsme01: 9:08am On Jan 11, 2020
Godsage:

U de mind them,

Us wey drop atomic bomb on hiroshima and nagasaki killing over 400,000 civillians sef de talk..

Blood de Usa hand

that is why even with the heavy debt burden on them , they still spends 700 billion USD on military and defense budget, they are scared of their own shadows
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by dangwarmai(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2020
Macsjebs:

People like 'Russia' care less, to them it's collateral damage and sometimes terrorists operate under the guise of civilian planes
The terrorists, the spies and their logistics mostly uses civilians planes.
I am not surprise on this. There will come a time whenever you want to enter any plane you must check who were on board.
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by anochuko01(m): 9:09am On Jan 11, 2020
NiklauseFred:

Hiaaan! Oga you don start again?
I pray she doesn't come across this comment,if not you go smell ur nyash for court room. undecided
Lol. I said "imagine". I never said that's what she does. Abeg o!

1 Like

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by realestniggah: 9:12am On Jan 11, 2020
Galaticos444:
The world wud av bn a better place without islam secondly d shut down of d boeing airline by iran shows how unintelligent their millitary personnel are and that dey ar cowards and actually scared of d US hence dey ar no match for d US in terms of military power or war
Did you missed in the post where the USA also did the same thing to Iran in 1988
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by AquariusRising: 9:17am On Jan 11, 2020
Befii:
Thanks for bringing this thread. To you who think that Iran bombed down d plane intentionally or due to lack of technical know, now u can see dat US had once bombed down an Iranian passenger plane with even more civilians on board, as many as 200+. They said it was a mistake, so do i say they lacked the technical know that they couldn't identify a passenger plane from a military jet fighter, i simply understand human error is a reality. And Israel also shot down an Egyptian war plane for the same reason Iran shot down the plane, and as usual, it's a mistake. If u want to blame someone, blame Trump cause his poor decision got us here. Most countries and people who thought Trump did well by authorizing the killing of Iranian general should hv their regret now as their citizens, relatives and loved ones are victims of this drama. Lesson is: War neither favours the mighty nor the weak, it destroys all, guilty or innocent. Trump should make peace with Iran cause miscalculation like this pose grave harm to unintended civilian target.

Please go back to the post and read again.

"As part of the agreement, the US did not admit legal liability or formally apologise to Iran for the tragedy"...

The US never said they made a mistake or that it was an error. They just agreed to pay Iran what the international court stipulated as compensation.

To further buttress the point that the US didn't see it as a error, they awarded the captain who shot down the place an award of humour for his service
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by FloxySmart(f): 9:18am On Jan 11, 2020
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
remove the smart from ur moniker
Nice try but thanks, I know I’m smart regardless of whatever my moniker is.
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by NiklauseFred(m): 9:24am On Jan 11, 2020
anochuko01:

Lol. I said "imagine". I never said that's what she does. Abeg o!

You dey fear grin grin

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by AquariusRising: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2020
itsme01:

if only you took time to read, they mistaken an Air bus large plane for a fighter jet that was their reason and not any hijacked plane roaster

My dear first of all, I will correct your Grammer. It is 'mistook', not 'mistaken'.

Secondly, if you have even the ability of comprehension of a microbe, you would understand the parallel I'm trying to draw. But it is okay, intellectual posts are not meant for the likes of you.

So go away. Come back in 10years when you may have reached the intellectual capacity to understand this post.
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by tiwiex(m): 9:26am On Jan 11, 2020
sojayy:
Middle East has been the world's problem from time immemorial........
So Ukraine, Russia and Libya are in the middle east? Weh done.
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by AquariusRising: 9:27am On Jan 11, 2020
dangwarmai:
The terrorists, the spies and their logistics mostly uses civilians planes.
I am not surprise on this. There will come a time whenever you want to enter any plane you must check who were on board.

So very true! It us usually commercial airlines they use!

Cowards hiding behind civilians
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by somehow: 9:27am On Jan 11, 2020
Macsjebs:

But the US that care more are everywhere sowing the seed of distrust, terrorism and crisis?
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by blowjohn(m): 9:28am On Jan 11, 2020
IME1:
cry cry cry
Can't we just admit already that humans are flawed,

No perfect nation
No perfect government
No perfect system
No perfect leader
No perfect followers

But there's a perfect God, Who when He saw His creation wax in wickedness, was sorry for creating them but still gave the ultimate solution in sending not angels, prophets, priests or servants, but His very Son Jesus Christ to die, and His blood be shed to cleanse mankind of all imperfection.

Let Jesus in your heart, to turn it from pride, doubt, scorn, hardness to soft heart of flesh that it is capable of love, forgiveness, mercy, laughter, support, wisdom

No amount of compensation in money, medals or apologies can bring back one single life from all these planes gunned down by missiles mistaken as enemies, fighter jets or spies.

May perpetual light shine on them and may the souls of all the faithful departed rest in peace, may we be spared and shown mercy from all mistaken shots, stray bullets and projectiles, in Jesus name, ameen
cry cry cry

Who tell u?
When u have money things become more perfect.
Have u been to Canada?
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Befii: 9:28am On Jan 11, 2020
D post here is not enough. Check dat event on Wikipedia. Any ways it was a passenger plane n u r inhuman enough to justify it. U r bold enough to say dey didn't apologise, so there is moral justification when US kills somebody. So its ok if Iran bombed dat plane, mistake or not. Obsessed senseless American puppets!

1 Like

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by FloxySmart(f): 9:29am On Jan 11, 2020
Marine54:
shut up! Since to you united states don't deserve to be world power, go and collect from them. President Trump kill a known terrorist and you're here crying like a baby! Terrorist sympathizer......
You know a lot of times I wonder why most of you men cannot pass a simple message without insult or curse Probably cause you just always want to be in control and your infant brain says to you throw some shades on her and she’d respect your opinion, right? It’s so shameful! Stop being childish and start acting with some maturity

1 Like

Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Hypocrit: 9:32am On Jan 11, 2020
After trying to be objective so far, without directing much blame to both side nor much support to both side. I concluded by saying that from the history of nuking passengers plane to this recent one, non was by accident, but it is a calculated shot to inflict both physical and emotional casualties on the opposing country. Same thing IRAN was trying to do either as a revenge on the recent hostility or the 1988 lose to the US, unknowingly to them that they have their citizen on the said plane (even more than any other countries on the plane), but it is unfurtunate that it ended this way. My sincere condolences to the affected families. As long the human life is unquantifiable, priceless, and irreplaceable, war has no meaning, no profit, and no victory; and as long nations still continue to produce weapons of man destruction, war will continue to threaten. Nothing like peace, especially the peace of the mind. This is my last post on the present IRAN and US hostility threads. Have a wonderful year.
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by Toluwalograce: 9:36am On Jan 11, 2020
Many life lost for nothing
Re: History Of Planes Brought Down By Missiles Since 1973 by tartar9(m): 9:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Galaticos444:
The world wud av bn a better place without islam secondly d shut down of d boeing airline by iran shows how unintelligent their millitary personnel are and that dey ar cowards and actually scared of d US hence dey ar no match for d US in terms of military power or war
Arent all the cases listed non-Muslim countries shooting down planes
I guess if your wife leaves you for another man due to your morónism,you would also blame Islam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Floods In Guangdong, China ( Pics, Video) / I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism / Ghana's Western Togoland Region Declares Sovereignty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.