Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps (4006 Views)

N100 Plate Of Rice In Bauchi State / Secret To Cooking Nigerian Party Jollof Rice / Latest Prices Of Bags Of Rice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by 2SWT(f): 3:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hello there!
Have you heard about the Tasty Tom Jollof mix?
It's a one ingredient Jollof mix meant to make cooking your awesome Jollof rice easy in just 4 steps. One sachet sells for ₦50 and honestly it's a must try

Here's a honest review of the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8FbToySTfM
Re: How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by 2SWT(f): 4:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
800g rice (4 cups)
3 sachets of the Tasty Tom Jollof mix

Step 1
Put groundnut oil in a pot allow to heat

Step 2
Put the Jollof mix in the pot and allow to fry for 4 minutes

step 3
Add one litre of water to the sauce and add seasoning and salt

step 4
Add washed rice and allow to cook for 35 minutes.

My thoughts??

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by cupidhero(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
2SWT:
Step 1
Put groundnut oil in a pot allow to heat

Step 2
Put the Jollof mix in the pot and allow to fry for 4 minutes

step 3
Add one litre of water to the sauce and add seasoning and salt

step 4
Add washed rice and allow to cook for 35 minutes.

My thoughts??
No offence but the add one litre line ruined the whole recipe. I believe you should have said add water to desired level. Some clueless bachelor will end up using one litre for 5 cups of rice. How about a remix to the recipe?
Re: How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by 2SWT(f): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2020
cupidhero:

No offence but the add one litre line ruined the whole recipe. I believe you should have said add water to desired level. Some clueless bachelor will end up using one litre for 5 cups of rice. How about a remix to the recipe?
Oh okay I guess I skipped the quantity part, I actually mentioned it in the video.

I'll add it to the original post. Thanks for pointing it out
Re: How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by 2SWT(f): 10:30am On Jan 11, 2020
However if you want to try out a smaller quantity, you can use half of the measurement
400g rice (2 cups)
1½ sachet if the mix
½ litre of water

And it's will still come out fine
Re: How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by Fortissimo502: 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
2SWT:
Hello there!
Have you heard about the Tasty Tom Jollof mix?
It's a one ingredient Jollof mix meant to make cooking your awesome Jollof rice easy in just 4 steps. One sachet sells for ₦50 and honestly it's a must try

Here's a honest review of the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8FbToySTfM
Hi, thanks for the walkthrough. Is it safe to mix water with oil? How come it didn't start splashing when you did it in the video?
Re: How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by mosdii(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2021
Informative but everyone has their own pattern in preparing this dish.
It depends on the ingredients available though.
Re: How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps by englishmart(m): 9:07am On Jan 05, 2021
Give 10 people the same ingredient or recipe, they can't make the same taste of food.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Eat Yourself Pregnant / Chocolate Cake Ingredients And Recipe / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Eat Pork(pig's Meat)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.