Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,803 members, 7,831,613 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group (10736 Views)

Akwa Okuko - The Billionaire Traditional Medicine Doctor- Pictures / Akin Abayomi Seeks Immediate Care For Emergency And Trauma Patients / Osinbajo’s Security Beat Abayomi Adeshida, Vanguard Photojournalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by FloxySmart(f): 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
[right][/right]
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by money121(m): 5:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by HIGHSTAKE647: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
We give loans to Businesses and people that stay around lekki, vi, Ajah, lekki, jakande, Awoyaya , lakowe eleko we can give you upto (50m) in 3 working days kindly Check my signature for further enqiry
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by WizBLANCE(m): 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Pharmacognosy �
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lynx001:
They need to be regulated. Am tired of hearing things lyk take these dr iguedo's goko cleanser,10 shot a day. pregnant woman dey take am,small children dey take am, big man dey take am, e dey cure malaria,fever,staph auerus,gonorhea,syphillis,headache,general body pain. u be man u no dey perform ur duty. Take this melecin.

grin grin
This your comment just made my day
grin grin

They must have disturbed you soo much for you to even carry the whole speech offhand
grin
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by Kiezodumah(m): 5:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
Good news. However, trust Nigerians with our overzealous attitude. Watch how this practice is going to be bastardized
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by iretemide(f): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2020
when will they employ people ? let's all the pharmacognocist gather here and apply
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by simple250: 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lynx001:
They need to be regulated. Am tired of hearing things lyk take these dr iguedo's goko cleanser,10 shot a day. pregnant woman dey take am,small children dey take am, big man dey take am, e dey cure malaria,fever,staph auerus,gonorhea,syphillis,headache,general body pain. u be man u no dey perform ur duty. Take this melecin.

Real Molue customer cheesy

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by LabDNA: 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
grandlexuz:
Wow this is commendable. As a Naturopathic doctor I can say such an orginisation is the right step in the right direction. A couple of things struck my attention. Evidennce based treatment kinda stands out. In this era where we cannot underestimate the presence of traditional quacks evidence based treatment in conformity with research will certainly restore dignity and trust to African Traditional Medicine.

Whilst talk of traditional medicine to get its status as Original Medicine got me laughing there is no denying it is a pertinent point. As natural medicine gains popularity even in the West it has been labeled as Complementary and Alternative medicine. However like the speaker rightly pointed Natural and traditional medicine is the root of medicine and deserves an important status.

On the other hand traditional doctors should also be schooled on the importance of working hand in hand with modern (allopathic) procedures. For example how do you as a traditional doctor treat fibroids without an echography scan distinctively showing its position and size.

Dr Ayukebot
Naturopathic Doctor
Cameroonian Nairalander
Some actually send patients for tests and Scans. 17% of referrals to our diagnostic laboratory facilities are from Trado-medical practitioners.

We sometimes organize free seminars for them to create awareness on the value of diagnostic tests and the different investigations available.

2 Likes

Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by Odunolumide(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Pharm technicians and technologist should be a major helping hand in this case but PCN no wan gree make Pharmaceutical Technologist shine. but God dey sha
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by Farki: 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
rodeo0070:

https://brandspurng.com/2020/01/10/lagos-commissioner-inaugurates-traditional-medicine-board-research-group/

I am very skeptical of so called traditional 'medicine' and it's supposed usefulness. This research group should not have a bias in promoting these practices and should give accurate information along with their research methods. I hope this man does not have a personal stake in legitimising what is essentially glorified quackery.
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by Farki: 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
grandlexuz:
Wow this is commendable. As a Naturopathic doctor I can say such an orginisation is the right step in the right direction. A couple of things struck my attention. Evidennce based treatment kinda stands out. In this era where we cannot underestimate the presence of traditional quacks evidence based treatment in conformity with research will certainly restore dignity and trust to African Traditional Medicine.

Whilst talk of traditional medicine to get its status as Original Medicine got me laughing there is no denying it is a pertinent point. As natural medicine gains popularity even in the West it has been labeled as Complementary and Alternative medicine. However like the speaker rightly pointed Natural and traditional medicine is the root of medicine and deserves an important status.

On the other hand traditional doctors should also be schooled on the importance of working hand in hand with modern (allopathic) procedures. For example how do you as a traditional doctor treat fibroids without an echography scan distinctively showing its position and size.

Dr Ayukebot
Naturopathic Doctor
Cameroonian Nairalander

Audio Doctor. grin
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by grandlexuz(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Farki:

Audio Doctor. grin

Nope Video Doctor
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by MetaPhysical: 12:31am On Jan 11, 2020
Awon elewe omo!

Good job and loving it!

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by MetaPhysical: 12:36am On Jan 11, 2020
grandlexuz:

Dr Ayukebot
Naturopathic Doctor
Cameroonian Nairalander

Okay these traditional practitioners are who they call alchemists. Any drug compound originated from them.
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by knowhowk: 6:15am On Jan 11, 2020
witsel4:
This is a good step towards preservation of the oldest form of health care system in the world.
We Africans need to start looking the traditional way, than we often turn to English medicine for survival.

grin
Babalawos over to you
. Let it be clear that there is a vivid difference between Babalawo and Traditional medicine Practice .The word Awo in Yoruba means Cult. Someone who just Joined a Cult or Practice Occults,Can be reffered to as Cultist or an Occultist.Not only the fraternities in our Higher Institutions but Other ones .In Yoruba "See that man ,He has Joined a Cult Group" " Okunrin Yen ti wo Egbe Awo " A Babalawo Could have a good knowledge of herbs no doubt but such administer ,prepares such herbs with incantations,communication with Spirit and Esoteric powers first to ask for assistance so such herbs could work well , secondly to take off evil eyes off the herbs paradventure the ailment is Spiritually inclined . in the US,Germany ,Asia there are Natural Therapist ,Herbalist who studied Botany ,Plants basically the therapeutic and Curative aspect with no Spiritual,No Spirit conjuring ....I am a Natural therapist with a Profound Knowledge about Natural plants ,Am not into Cultism or Occults .For example someone with a mild Stomach disturbances could Chew Bitter Kola and squeeze scent leaf to Solve it ,You don't have to consult any Spirit ,No stupid Incantations whatsoever ,Naturally if you are thirsty just get water and drink ,The solution has been Spiritually been in place by the Creator no addition . In Addition ,The Board should intensify Broad based Seminars ,Enlightenments Class for Practitioners ,The aspect of Dosage Administration, Hygiene, Toxicology Analysis of plants they use ,The need for Medical test before Herbs are prescribed ,Some just gather plants and begin to cook ,it's not all plants should be cooked together , Because of bad body reactions ,Contra indications , Allergies ,We don't just have to gather and put all different plants and begin to cook ,Some plants when mixed with some other plants with high Toxicity could lead to devastating side effects in the Body .I remain Dr Wale .Garden Health Natural Medicine Research .If your issue is Staphylococcus aureus / Infections and Infertility,Married with no Children WhatsApp or call 08100459321 .God bless .
Re: Akin Abayomi Inaugurates Traditional Medicine Board Research Group by Toluwalograce: 10:11am On Jan 11, 2020
You. Mean packaged babalawo?

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Those Shouting GEJ Till 2019, Oya Defend This / Igbos Are The Reason Nigeria Will Never Split - My Opinion / President Muhammadu Buhari’s Speech At The Inauguration Of The AFCFTA Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.