Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria (1582 Views)

Falana To Malami: You Risk Being Removed As AGF If You Fail To Release Sowore / Fayose Removed As PDP Leader In Ekiti / Senator Ajayi Boroffice: How Saraki Will Be Removed As Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 6:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
To those who are saying the so called Arabic should be removed from Nigerian currency. They never ask themselves reasons why Sunday and Saturday are chosen as resting days for workers.

Nigerian constitution also recognizes only one wife. Another Christian doctrine.

Why should Nigerian Government adopt the language of the Bible and that of Christian missionaries that came with our colonial masters as the official language?

We like to see things from our narrative only without considering the facts of others the reason why we so much have problems of intolerance, ethno religious crises and favoritism in our society today.

grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by maynation(f): 7:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Language of the Bible?
Do you even know the Bible wasn't originally written in English language??
I wish I could help you with functioning brains.

6 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
Nigerian constitution also recognizes only one wife. Another Christian doctrine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by nlPoster: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
The Nigerian govt did not adopt the language of the bible.

Even most bible names Nigerians have, are not the language of the bible, just the translation or transliteration.

2 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by nlPoster: 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:

Not so.
Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Most Africans are senseless when it comes to religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by daroz(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:
To those who are saying the so called Arabic should be removed from Nigerian currency. They never ask themselves reasons why Sunday and Saturday are chosen as resting days for workers.

Why should Nigerian Government adopt the language of the Bible and that of Christian missionaries that came with our colonial masters as the official language?

We like to see things from our narrative only without considering the facts of others the reason why we so much have problems of intolerance, ethno religious crises and favoritism in our society today.

What is the relationship btw Nigeria and the Arab world, apart the Terror religion.

Why should Nigerian Government adopt the language of the Bible grin grin.... lol
You don't even deserve any reply, your IQ is too low.

8 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by nlPoster: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
Adding one more day to the weekend might actually be a good idea, who knows?

3 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by nlPoster: 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Can you prove your assertion with evidence?

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 7:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
maynation:
Language of the Bible?
Do you even know the Bible wasn't originally written in English language??
I wish I could help you with functioning brains.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by nlPoster: 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2020

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
daroz:

What is the relationship btw Nigeria and the Arab world, apart the Terror religion.

Why should Nigerian Government adopt the language of the Bible grin grin.... lol
if I can. Guess he is probably a Hausa dude but if he is Yoruba I would be very disappointed

2 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by maynation(f): 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:

You just confirmed my suspicions.
Come here.

4 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by nlPoster: 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
I dont see how one wife is a Christian doctrine when we are told every Christian festival or belief is of pagan origins.

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
daroz:

As you don't care to know the details of the so called Arabic inscription on naira note and Nigerian army logo. So also I don't care to know whether bible was originally written in English or not.

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Albedo27(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
daroz:

This your post and question is very hilarious.
My take on this is;

the Arabic inscriptions on our naira notes and other common national materials, should be translated into English language for everybody's assimilation. Let's know if they are praising or insulting us.

2 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
Albedo27:

This your post and question is very hilarious.
My take on this is;

the Arabic inscriptions on our naira notes and other common national materials, should be translated into English language for everybody's assimilation. Let's know if they are praising or insulting us.

It is not Arabic inscription. It's meant for Hausas who cannot read in English Alphabets and they are in millions. So their interest must be considered.
Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by babajeje123(m): 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
nlPoster:
Adding one more day to the weekend might actually be a good idea, who knows?
Exactly! Weekend should start from Friday so that the faithful Muslims can worship their God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Snipper007: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:

Come, you get brain at all? ....... sad

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Snipper007: 8:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
babajeje123:

Exactly! Weekend should start from Friday so that the faithful Muslims can worship their God.

Who stop una from also staying back at home on Fridays? Shebi una wan carry religion 4 head? Stay bk @ home on Friday then @ the end of the month we go see who e go pain pass........ Since na only una sabi worship supreme being....
bunch of rifRATS......
Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Snipper007: 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:

It is not Arabic inscription. It's meant for Hausas who cannot read in English Alphabets and they are in millions. So their interest must be considered.
Then let the nonsense be written in hausa.

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Snipper007: 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
daroz:

Na kunu full the guy skull aswear down grin

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun, adding a day to our weekend holidays wouldn't be a bad idea cheesycheesy

An advantage wink

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim. So you guys can knock yourselves out.

I dey one side dey observe
Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by agadez007(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Yoruba Mudslims ehhn

No matter how hard you try to act like you are good muslims,Hausa/Fulani muslims will never see you lot as real Muslims,you are still a Kafir to them
They (Hausa/Fulani Muslims) would never allow you sight the moon,You can't lead jimoh on fridays when there is even just a three year old Hausa boy present

how hard is it to get that in your skulls?
I just tire 4 una

5 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:

I haven't seen anyone punished for marrying more than one wife
Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Gandollar(f): 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:
The Nigerian Constitution also recognizes Sharia law where your other wives are legitimate.

2 Likes

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
DanDeeBoss:

Many muslim can not get marriage certificate because of that and forfeit maternal and paternal benefits because of that.
Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Biodun556(m): 8:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
DanDeeBoss:

Many muslim can not get marriage certificate because of that and forfeit maternal and paternal benefits in companies and ministries.
Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Gandollar(f): 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
Biodun556:

What about the Igbo people who cannot read in English alphabets.. well, not in their millions, but are there all the same, who takes care of their interests?

1 Like

Re: Sabbath Day And Lords Day should be removed as weekends in Nigeria by Gandollar(f): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
babajeje123:

. Any politician that campaigns with this has my vote.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Timi Frank Blasts PDP Governors Lobbying To Travel With Buhari / BREAKING: Lagos Airport Hotel Ikeja Is On Fire, Who's Setting The Nation / Why Buhari Must Appoint An Easterner As Abba Kyari Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.