Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo (3211 Views)

APC Hails Buhari, Nigerians For Standing Against "Twitter Interference" / Strike: FG Directs Inclusion Of Sacked Staff School Teachers In Payroll Read Mo / Northern Youths Issue Buhari 30-day Ultimatum To Implement Ruga Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by EsomahJD: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
The Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) sends a strong warning to the Northern Youths Council of Nigeria (NYCN) over the latter's comment on 'Amotekun' - OPC's coordinator in Lagos, Alhaji Mutairu Adesina, asks the NYCN where it was when herdsmen attacked the south western part of Nigeria - The OPC argues that Amotekun is not different from Hisbah in some parts of the north The Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) has warned the Northern Youths Council of Nigeria (NYCN) against continued comments considered as inciting and relating to the newly launched Amotekun, south west's security outfit.

OPC's coordinator in Lagos, Alhaji Mutairu Adesina, said the comment credited to the leadership of the NYCN against Amotekun is capable of causing tension. Alhaji Isah Abubakar, NYCN's national president, had kicked against the establishment of the security body moments after it was launched in Oyo state. Reacting, Adesina described Abubakar's comment as saddening.

He added: "It shows that the group is one of the sponsors of this suspected herdsmen that killed our people and destroyed our farms" "Where was Alhaji Isah Abubakar of NYCN when gunmen and suspected herdsmen invaded our farms and communities, kidnapped and killed our people in the southwest? Where was he?" Adesina, who boasted that the OPC had never been found wanting since inception in 1994 and despite its spread across 30 states of federation, wondered why Abubakar would refer to the body as militant.

"However, I am happy that we are beginning to see them, the enemies of our nation, and region. "It only shows that the northern groups are afraid of us because they know for sure that OPC is the only group that can curtail their nefarious activities. "The issue of security is sensitive because it is between life and death and now that our governors have risen to the occasion with the launch of Amotekun, why is this group crying over spilt milk?"

He queried. Adesina argued that Amotekun is not a new idea when compared with the Hisbah in Kano and Civilian-Joint Task Force (C-JTF) that complements the efforts of the police and military in Borno, eight states in middle belt and other north east states.

He said over 200 people had been recorded dead in the south west in the last four years while over 400 people have also been kidnapped and released after paying a ransom. Adesina commended the governors, the national coordinator of the OPC and other stakeholders for the establishment of Amotekun.

Legit.ng earlier reported that Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, at the launch of the security outfit, explained the rationale behind its establishment. Fayemi, who governs Ekiti and chairs a forum of Nigerian governors, said Amotekun, which is also called the Western Nigeria Security Network (WNSN), is not a form of the regional police.

https://www.legit.ng/1291895-amotekun-opc-slams-northern-youths-standing-security-outfit.html

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
sad angry

Do you mind those northern fools? They want to Islamise the south in conjunction with their armed militia (boko haram, iswap and fulaniherdsmen).

But looking at this carefully and retrospectively, they are right? Why should west have their security outfit? OPC alone in the 1990s and early 2000s that murdered people and burnt properties is still there.. why creating another? We don't want a state in a state.. Hisbah police is doing wonderfully well according to statistics carried out across Nigeria. Buhari should disband this nonsense group. Its Tinubu plan to use them to cause havoc in 2023 during the presidential election but he would not succeed

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by mahakexchange(m): 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Racoon(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Defend yourself in any way possible.The central govt have failed woefully as far as security is concerned.

10 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by jimyjames(m): 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2020
I don't trust Yoruba's when it comes to anything fight, will like to see them fight for once

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by BuhariAdvocate: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
Atiku is the sponsor of NYCN to attack Buhari and anything that have to move Nigeria forward.
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by ZombieTERROR: 9:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
The North and Buhari lap dogs in the south west only wants the status quo....

Where insecurity thrives and all power will be at the center....

But little did they know that times are changing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by ZombieTERROR: 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Atiku is the sponsor of NYCN to attack Buhari and anything that have to move Nigeria forward.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Londonland: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
sad angry

Do you mind those northern fools? They want to Islamise the south in conjunction with their armed militia (boko haram, iswap and fulaniherdsmen).

But looking at this carefully and retrospectively, they are right? Why should west have their security outfit? OPC alone in the 1990s and early 2000s that murdered people and burnt properties is still there.. why creating another? We don't want a state in a state.. Hisbah police is doing wonderfully well according to statistics carried out across Nigeria. Buhari should disband this nonsense group. Its Tinubu plan to use them to cause havoc in 2023 during the presidential election but he would not succeed
hypocritical mofo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Azmanaty: 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2020
Imagine the guts these ediots up north have?? How many times have they condemned hisbah police? How many times have they condemned herdsmen killings countrywide??

If they think or believe they have the sole right to madness, then they are wrong. Its time southern Nigeria unite and teach these cows a great lesson.

7 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by funmike83(f): 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Okk
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:
I don't trust Yoruba's when it comes to anything fight, will like to see them fight for once
I witnessed the Yoruba vs Hausa riot in mile 12. Happened in the late 90s trust me this Hausas and even you whatever tribe you’re from knows what the Yoruba can do in war but there’s something in Yoruba upbringing that doesn’t encourage violence, you may not believe it but it’s true. When a Yoruba man fights for something you’re going to see what he is fighting for.
Niger delta always chanting war, northerners chanting war, S’ Easterners beating war drum. Guess who is keeping the country together?
Your guess is as good as mine

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Simplebeauty: 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
grin
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by jimyjames(m): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
I will like to see Yoruba's fight, enough of this verbal fights

Day2logic:

I witnessed the Yoruba vs Hausa riot in mile 12. Happened in the late 90s trust me this Hausas and even you whatever tribe you’re from knows what the Yoruba can do in war but there’s something in Yoruba upbringing that doesn’t encourage violence, you may not believe it but it’s true. When a Yoruba man fights for something you’re going to see what he is fighting for.
Niger delta always chanting war, northerners chanting war, S’ Easterners beating war drum. Guess who is keeping the country together?
Your guess is as good as mine

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Built2last: 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2020
If the South East pulled this regional "security force" the Nigerian army would have invaded and tagged the terrorists.

The South West has however done it...under the APC Government, with local names, branding etc.

It has started, Nigeria may not break up but once Mr Buhari goes you will see a huge shift to Regional governance.

This is the consequence of ruling the nation as if you have ethnic blinkers on.

My own is to post

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:

You talk about war like you fought one before. Been about 4 decades since your region last fought a war, the pain and damages are still there. The region hasn’t fully recovered from it nor has the people especially those that witnessed the war. The emotional trauma is still there.
I have a question that I ask war mongers. So let’s say the war start, where will mothers and sisters go? What will happen to the elderlies? What about the handicaps? You are no more in barbaric age it’s 2020 the world is fighting Cold War.

5 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by jimyjames(m): 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2020
We all must die eventually the most important thing is to die for what you believe in, yes we fought and lost a war 4 decades ago but we are still here stronger than ever , this is a new generation and we are ready to fight another war , hopefully we the new generation we do better than our fathers did cause Nigeria our one time enemy is weak now , it can't even defeat a small number of terrorist group boko haram for almost 10 yrs we will defeat Nigeria this second time cause this time we will have much allies just like Nigeria did , it will no
longer be an oil war cause oil is cheap and oil is found all over the world its not that valued anymore the British won't sponsor Nigeria for oil

Day2logic:

You talk about war like you fought one before. Been about 4 decades since your region last fought a war, the pain and damages are still there. The region hasn’t fully recovered from it nor has the people especially those that witnessed the war. The emotional trauma is still there.
I have a question that I ask war mongers. So let’s say the war start, where will mothers and sisters go? What will happen to the elderlies? What about the handicaps? You are no more in barbaric age it’s 2020 the world is fighting Cold War.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by babyfaceafrica: 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
Day2logic:

just ignore that troll... No be everything person dey talk

5 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by EsomahJD: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
Way to go OPC
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by ItooWorWor(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:

When the OPC unleash their terror you will be among people condeming them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
we the northern youth leaders will not tolerate rubbish. we must take over the brown roof lands. no going back. remember we are connected.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
shataaap!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by LegendHero(m): 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
jimyjames:
[s]I don't trust Yoruba's when it comes to anything fight, will like to see them fight for once [/s]

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Southsoul: 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:
we the northern youth leaders will not tolerate rubbish. we must take over the brown roof lands. no going back. remember we are connected.
another parasite generation from ruga region with sharia skull and hisbah brain spotted

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by EjaikreTheViper(f): 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Southsoul:
another parasite generation from ruga region with sharia skull and hisbah brain spotted
shataaaaaaap!

rubbish

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Southsoul: 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

shataaaaaaap!

rubbish
if I hear Pim again
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Southsoul: 11:47pm On Jan 10, 2020
EjaikreTheViper:

shataaaaaaap!

rubbish
if I hear Pim again then you done
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Staro: 11:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
Buhari's presidency has so emboldened his Fulani brothers to a
point they look down on every other geopolitical zones
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Wiifesnatcher(m): 11:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
DonFreshmoney:
sad angry

[/s]

shouldn't you be worried with your UTME? have you register for your NIN

in your first sentence you sounded like someone they just reinstate his sanity only to go totally mad in the second paragraph. this shows you're a kid who still lives under his parent roof

no gainsaying in concluding that your IQ is in the same level with SSCE student

northerners with their stupidity should better shut their stinky and odour mouth there. the LGA dey still burn is one of the reason this Amotekun should have long exist. useless animals in human form
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:07am On Jan 11, 2020
Southsoul:
Sharaaaap! ewu
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by EjaikreTheViper(f): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2020
Southsoul:
if I hear Pim again then you done
shataaap. ewu!
Re: Amotekun: OPC Slams Northern Youths For Standing Against Security Outfit Read Mo by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 11, 2020
jimyjames:
We all must die eventually the most important thing is to die for what you believe in, yes we fought and lost a war 4 decades ago but we are still here stronger than ever , this is a new generation and we are ready to fight another war , hopefully we the new generation we do better than our fathers did cause Nigeria our one time enemy is weak now , it can't even defeat a small number of terrorist group boko haram for almost 10 yrs we will defeat Nigeria this second time cause this time we will have much allies just like Nigeria did , it will no
longer be an oil war cause oil is cheap and oil is found all over the world its not that valued anymore the British won't sponsor Nigeria for oil
Pathetic.
I’m trying to ignore you yet I feel maybe you don’t even know what you’re talking about. I know many of you to be senseless. Who is your ally in the whole world? What will Isreal gain in fighting by your side? What will Uncle Sam gain by fighting for you?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Review Of Government's Infrastructural Developments In The South East / They Beat And Burnt Her To Death For Blasphemy!(photo) / Igbos Are Paying For The Corruption, Greediness And Criminality Of Azikwe- IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.