Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: (825 Views)

The Fulani Beggars On The Street; Where Have They Gone To? (Photo) / Masquerades Seen Giving A Man Change After The Man Offered Them Money / Chief Prostrates To Beg Alaafin Of Oyo For Giving Fake Title To US Citizen.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Builderman(m): 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2020
See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money:

"While in a public transport today, a woman on my row started begging people for financial assistance.

The man sitting directly in front of me dug hand in his wallet and gave her N500, then others followed, she eventually got over a thousand naira within that short period.

Not long after that, the same man that gave this woman N500 then wanted to buy a bottled water, and the hawker had to run to catch up with us because the man wanted to give him N100 and he had to collect his N50 change first before handing him the N100.

The scenario touched me! Immediately, I requested for a bottle too&gave d guy #200!

A woman beside me shouted...Ahh, let him give u your change first before giving him money!!

She looked at me as if I'm a "mutula", a new person in Lagos wey dem never show.

As d guy was struggling to run & give me change, I bade him good bye not to worry!

The most touching part of d story is, even when I thought we've left this guy far behind as d traffic had moved, he ran to still cacth up with d bus & prayed whole heartedly in show of appreciation!

You know why? He knows the value of that money, he knows how much bottle or satchet of water he would sell running from bus to cars before getting that.

The woman who saw me as mutula eventually went speechless!

Lesson passed in the bus! Simple. We all feel comfortable giving beggars big money but find it difficult leaving small change for genuine hustlers.

We unconsciously encourage begging at d expense of those who work so hard, that's why u see corporate beggars increasing on a daily basis on d streets of Lagos."

8 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by tyup(m): 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
Builderman:

"While in a public transport today, a woman on my row started begging people for financial assistance.

The man sitting directly in front of me dug hand in his wallet and gave her N500, then others followed, she eventually got over a thousand naira within that short period.

Not long after that, the same man that gave this woman N500 then wanted to buy a bottled water, and the hawker had to run to catch up with us because the man wanted to give him N100 and he had to collect his N50 change first before handing him the N100.

The scenario touched me! Immediately, I requested for a bottle too&gave d guy #200!

A woman beside me shouted...Ahh, let him give u your change first before giving him money!!

She looked at me as if I'm a "mutula", a new person in Lagos wey dem never show.

As d guy was struggling to run & give me change, I bade him good bye not to worry!

The most touching part of d story is, even when I thought we've left this guy far behind as d traffic had moved, he ran to still cacth up with d bus & prayed whole heartedly in show of appreciation!

You know why? He knows the value of that money, he knows how much bottle or satchet of water he would sell running from bus to cars before getting that.

Lesson passed in the bus! Simple. We all feel comfortable giving beggars big money but find it difficult leaving small change for genuine hustlers.

We unconsciously encourage begging at d expense of those who work so hard, that's why u see corporate beggars increasing on a daily basis on d streets of Lagos."

is that all?

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by SUCKCESSFUL: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
You just spoke my mind, God bless you bro .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Beggars is a word that is not supposed to exist in a dictionary.
Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by javaguru: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2020
Giving to beggers has no bad effect, it rather enriches u, this is decisive, and if practiced ,u will not go unpunished. Both the Bible and Quran encourage alms giving.
Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Ladylite: 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2020
Builderman:

Very deep. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by decatalyst(m): 10:38pm On Jan 10, 2020
Vortex369:
Beggars is a word that is not supposed to exist in a dictionary.

They are the ones that fester "entitlement" mentality.
Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Sharp!

E get one idiot boy wey dey always cry inside traffic, first day i see am for Mobolaji bank anthony i give am 1k. After like 2-3 weeks i see the fool crying on top of bridge for ikorodu road. I just shake my head for am.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Tocheagle(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
javaguru:
Giving to beggers has no bad effect, it rather enriches u, this is decisive, and if practiced ,u will not go unpunished. Both the Bible and Quran encourage alms giving.
The last time i gave a beggar money was in 2010 in school. I had the givers never lack mentality. But I noticed that I was still lacking. Until it occurred to me that not all givings are blessed by God. Now i am Wiser and more blessed than when i was giving to street beggers. Most of them are diabolical

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Birdeyeview: 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
OP this is very inspiring...
i stopped giving beggers money especially those who i think are not deformed in anyway, i just view them as plainly lazy people. Although it all depends on the time and circumstances i find such ones...
infact i honestly derive this inner joy when i give to those paralyze people i find sweeping the bridges just to make sure they keep their body and soul together.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
Givers nva lack ... Beggars always ask... There's sense in what u have just written... PS. I only give to women with children not for the woman but 4 the unfortunate child
Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by yomi007k(m): 11:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
javaguru:

We hear.

I know two beggars.

One collects money to play baba ijebu.
I saw another one take a women into a motel room.

African mentality is always unique.

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Dkyz(m): 11:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
javaguru:

Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by nlPoster: 12:35am On Jan 11, 2020
Every day stop this stop that.

You folks should find jobs.
Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by javaguru: 10:07am On Jan 11, 2020
Tocheagle:
The last time i gave a beggar money was in 2010 in school. I had the givers never lack mentality. But I noticed that I was still lacking. Until it occurred to me that not all givings are blessed by God. Now i am Wiser and more blessed than when i was giving to street beggers. Most of them are diabolical
very funny, so giving to beggers actually withheld ur blessings
Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by drips8(m): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Nice write up, a lot would like to give but one can't tell between a beggar that actually needs money and the one that doesn't.
Re: See Why You Should Stop Giving Beggars Money: by Tocheagle(m): 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
javaguru:
very funny, so giving to beggers actually withheld ur blessings
What i mean is that there is no blessings in it and some of them are diabolical to the extent negative things start happening to you when you help them

(1) (Reply)

Dinka Tribe Of Sudan: Where Men Adopts Ox-names / What Are They Saying In This Song? / IFA'S CREATION Story 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.