Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,231 members, 7,867,599 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact (2038 Views)

2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Top Three Spiritual Fathers In Nigeria With Global Impact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:21am On Feb 16, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Saturday February 15, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* All things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

*Note/Prayer:* Lord, teach me to accept the fact that all things (the good, the bad and the ugly are working for my good.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2020
Episode 6: Your 10-Year Plan: Relationship and Social Network Dimensions.
In the last 5 weeks we have examined some features of our 10Year Plan, which should have given us an idea of what our Decadal Blueprint for Global Impact should begin to look like.

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it
be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown
out and trampled underfoot. 14 “You are the light of the world. A town built
on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under
a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the
house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may
see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Mat 5:13-16(NIV)

In the next few weeks, we will be looking at various dimensions that should be included in our 10-Year Plan. We are starting with the Relationship and Social Network Dimensions.

A template that we will use to work out the various dimensions of our 10-Year Plan will include (but not limited to):
- Think about where you are now, visualize where you want to be in the next 10years and major milestones in between them. Pay attention to your purpose in life as you take this step. You will
examine different aspect depending on who you are (your purpose), what you want out of life, what will make your life easier, what will make
you a happier person and how this will expand your global impact (remember the various dimensions of global impact). Be as honest as
possible. Don't think about what you feel is expected of you — instead, think about what truly makes you happy and fulfilled.

- From the point where you start to visualize where you want to be in the next 10years and the major milestones, you need to ask yourself, if you
knew that you could not fail at creating the life you really want, what will it be like? You will need to be specific as we were told two weeks
ago. “Being rich” is not a goal, it’s too vague. My net worth should not be less than $10million is better and more specific.

- Fix specific dates and time frame for those goals and milestones… on the 14th February 2029, my net worth will not be less than $10million. My milestones could be something like Monthly goals/activities, yearly goals… e.g save a 6-month emergency fund.

The end result of any goal often looks lofty but reaching any goal is accomplished by breaking it down into smaller steps.

Let us start applying this to the Relationship and Social Network Dimensions of our Decadal Blueprint for Global Impact.

Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper
who is just right for him.” Genesis 2:18

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. Eccl 4:9
“not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:25

Let us look at Relationship as Marriage and everything related and also consider Social Network as other forms of relationship we have.

¶Where are you now with respect to marriage and everything related:
Single with no date, single with a date not so serious, single with a serious date, single but with somebody in mind, in a relationship not sure will lead to marriage, in a “sure” relationship, married but seek a better relationship with spouse, etc

¶Where are you now with respect to your social network:
I don’t have any close friend, I have too many friends that drain me out, my current social network does not have a picture of where I want to be in my 10-year plan, etc

The primary aim of this step is self-assessment - the process of looking at oneself in order to assess your current state…this will serve as a baseline data to help you assess the level of progress you are making towards your 10-year plan. You will have to include facts and figures and be very specific.

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! 2 Cor 13:5

If you don’t realize where you are now with respect to your relationship and social network, you may not be able to draw out any decadal blueprint in that direction.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:32am On Feb 17, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday February 17, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? Matthew 5:13

*Note/prayer:* Father, help me to make long term (10years) plan towards deploying my salt to my world.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday February 19, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* With respect to your relationship and social interaction, where are you now? IICor 13:5.

*Note/Prayer:* Father, help me to do a sincere self evaluation of my relationship and social network.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday February 20, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* With respect to your relationship and social interaction, where will you be in the next 10 years? IICor 13:5

*Note/Prayers:* Dear Father, grant me the understanding to discover Your plan for me maritally & other social interactions.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:36am On Feb 21, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Friday February 21, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* If you knew that you could not fail at creating the marriage and social network you really want, what will it be like? Mat 7:7

*Note/prayers:* Dear Father, help me to see and walk into the future You desire for me maritally and socially.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:38am On Feb 22, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Saturday February 22, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Pay attention to your purpose in life as you take the step of your 10year plan for your marital and social network.

*Note/Prayers:* Lord help me to always realize how Your purpose for my life is reflected in my marriage and social interaction.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
Episode 7: Your 10Year Plan: Relationship and Social Network Dimensions - Part 2

Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” Genesis 2:18

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. Eccl 4:9

“not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:25

Last week we started looking at the template that we will use to work out our 10Year Plan with respect to our Relationship and social network:

- Think about where you are now, visualize where you want to be in the next 10years and major milestones in between them. Pay attention to your purpose in life as you take this step.

- Marriage/Social Network is not meant to complicate your life, it is meant to make your life easier, make you a happier person and expand your global impact (remember the various dimensions of global impact). This should be factored into the choice of the person and the kind of marriage you build.

- If you knew that you could not fail at creating the marriage and social network you really want, what will it be like?

Ø I desire a marriage where all members of the family interact as friends and support each other to live a fulfilling life
Ø I desire a marriage that will serve as inspiration to others and no matter the challenges, we are always committed to working it out.

Most people plan for their engagement and their wedding day, but all too often that is where it stops. What about after that? Not thinking about and planning for your future together beyond the wedding day can cause problems in a marriage.

You need to realize that marriage is one of the areas you can’t absolutely determine what you want, without getting input from your intended spouse. Examples include Fixing dates, city you will settle in, kids or no kids/number of kids, etc

*Dialogue with self

“But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! I will arise and go to my father…” Luke 15:17-21

It is important to dialogue with yourself over your future marital and social network plans. Areas to focus on include purpose in life, which aspect of your 10Year plan will be impacted by the type of person you get married to/social network, What do I value most in a partner (shared interest, career, homebody, etc), What preparation can I make to become the best husband/wife for my future spouse, What preparation am I making to becoming the best Dad/Mum to my kids.

*Dialogue with prospective spouse
Like with anything in a relationship, it is important to dialogue with your spouse over your future plans together. Take some quality time together to really think through what you both want out of your future as a couple and as individuals. Give each other space to share thoughts, feelings, and aspirations.
Ask questions of one another . Share your future goals and aspirations with each other, What would you like to accomplish together and individually? What are your views about various domestic chores and who handles what? What are your stress indicators and how can I help? Do you want children, how many, is the gender of our kid(s) an important factor? What are your biggest fears? What is your love language? What are your sexual fantasies? How can we implement God’s model for marriage in our own marriage (Genesis 1:27-28, Ephesians 5:21-33 and 1 Corinthians 7:3-10)? Is there any challenge you have faced, you are facing or you envisage that is difficult for you to talk about?

Flexibility - A word of caution about planning: plans are great, but you have to be flexible with them. God could step in and turn our plans “upside” down several times.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them . Genesis 1:26-27

Let us always remember God’s plans for the marriage union so that we can honor them and fulfill God’s purposes.
1. God’s plan for marriage is to reflect his image.
2. God’s plan for marriage is to raise godly children.
3. God’s plan for marriage is to establish and build his kingdom.
4. God’s plan for marriage is companionship.
5. God’s plan for marriage is for married couples to make a new family unit.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:37am On Feb 24, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday February 24, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* You can be in a crowd/company and still be lonely. Put efforts into building a resourceful social network. Genesis 2:18

*Note/prayers:* Father, help me not to fall into the temptation of doing life alone. Help me connect right people.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:20am On Feb 25, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday February 25, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* God is the author of marriage. You need to depend on Him and follow His plan as you plan your marital future. Genesis 2:18

*Note/prayers:* Lord, help me as I plan for my marital future to follow Your template. Let Your will be done oh Lord!
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday February 26, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Which aspect of your 10Year plan will be impacted by the type of person you get married to/social network?
���

*Note/prayers:* Dear Father, I commit my marital future and social network into Your hands, let it fulfill Your purpose.
������
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Friday February 28, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Always remember God's plans for the marriage union so that we can honor them and fulfill God's purposes. Gen 1:26-27

*Note/Prayers:* Dear Father, help me to live my life (marital and social network) according to Your plan.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:37am On Feb 28, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday February 27, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* What preparation can I make to become the best husband/wife for my future spouse, and best dad/mum for my kids?

*Note/Prayers:* Dear Father, prepare me for the roles I will play in the future for my spouse and kid(s).
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it.
Proverbs 16:9 MSG
https://bible.com/bible/97/pro.16.9.MSG

HAPPY NEW MONTH PEOPLE. MARCH INTO GREATER GLORY.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
Episode 8 – YOUR 10-YEAR PLAN: SPIRITUAL
GROWTH DIMENSION I

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1: 8

We are welcome to yet another edition of the Life Discovery Gathering. The present series has been preparing us for the next decade and we have discussed different aspects of life that we must pay attention to in the next decade. This we believe will make the next 10 years great and largely productive.

Today, we will be talking about the spiritual growth dimension of our decadal blueprint. This topic will be discussed over two episodes. First, we will be looking into the reason we should pay attention to spiritual growth at all.

Why Spiritual Growth?
 Spirituality is our core. (Gen 1:26; Job 32:8; John 1:9; 4: 23-24).
We are essentially spiritual beings. The make-up of all humans includes the Spirit, the soul, and the body. What determines the trajectory of our lives is the position of our spirit. The fall of Adam and Eve was basically because their spirit lost touch and contact with God. That cutting off, as a result of disobedience is the major reason for the fall. Every other happening in the physical only followed through.

 It is the evidence of our redemption from death. (Gen 3: 1-7; Eph 4:
8 -15; Matt 3: 8-10; 7:19; Luke 13: 6-9)
Our growth spiritually is evidence that we are truly being redeemed from death. Growth is generally an evidence of life; stagnancy is on the other hand, an evidence of death. The plan of the enemy is to make sure that we do not grow. Growing up spiritually places us at that vantage position over sin and death.

 The devil does not want it. (Eph 6: 11-18; 1Peter 5:8; John 8:44)
The devil’s main aim is to make sure that we do not grow spiritually.
Instead, he will do all he can to sell lies, and things that do not last to us,
just like he did with Adam and Eve.

What spiritual growth is not:
 Being asocial (John 2:1; Mark 2:13-17; Matt 9: 9-10)
Being spiritual does not mean that you should not attend social functions.
Except in cases that you know that it is a very rough and ungodlygathering, or you have a strong feeling within not to attend; you should
carefully mingle and be social.

 Being sad-faced, and not dressing well. (Gal 5: 22; Romans 14:17;
John 19:23-24)
Spiritual growth is not being very sad at all times. If growth makes you sad at all times, why should you grow? Or why should others follow you? Om
the contrary, the desire for constant sadness inus is usually our own senses seeking justification, and it is ungodly. Be joyful for it is an evidence
that you are growing, and dress neatly, beautifully and decently. Against these there is no law.

 Fasting everyday (Col 2: 16 -23; 2Tim 3: 1-7)
There is no need to go on hunger strike. Righteousness in itself is a gift, and
we will not attain it by fasting everyday. Also, spiritual gifts are ‘gifts’, why should I fast everyday to access the gifts given to me? It is good to engage in intermittent fasting. Have specific days, and have a reason for fasting.
Better still, let God lead you to fast. In Jesus’ time, He was led by the spirit into the wilderness, and he did not set out to fast for 40 days. It just
happened that it was how long it took before the angels came to minister to him.

 Seeing scary visions everyday (Col. 2:18)
Many people think that once someone starts seeing scary visions everydayit is a sign of growth and seeing spiritual things. God will not sit somewhere and be concocting images to scare you. If you know anyone like that, they might need psychiatric evaluation and care. Scary visions everyday is not a sign of growth! It could just be a product of the type of
movies or stories that you watch or listen to.

 Losing touch with reality(1Peter 5:cool
This can go either ways. Spiritual growth is not losing touch with reality and only ‘dwelling’ in the spirit realm. On the other hand, it is not a hyper-
excitement spree where there is no sense of soberness and calm. The two extremes are ungodly. It is important for us to balance this. God has created us here, and wants us to interact with other humans the right way.

In the next decade, our journey of spiritual growth begins with (re)discovery. Understanding who we are, sets us on the journey of growth
(Luke 15:11-20). Who do you say that you are? Who defined you to you?
(Matthew 5: 13-16; 1 Peter 2: 9-10).

Action Point: This week, constantly remind yourself why you should grow spiritually and avoid traps that sell lies to you.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 11:05am On Mar 02, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday March 2, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* God made all of us in His image and after His likeness. We must not forget this at all times. Gen 1:26-28.

*Note/prayers:* Father, I ask in the name of Jesus that You help me to see myself in Your image! Help me to see others too as Your own creation.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday March 3, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:*We have been equipped with the needed grace and victory to make right decisions. Just trust Jesus. Prov. 3: 5-6.

*Note/Prayers:* Father, help me to follow Your leading as You guide me into right decisions and spiritual growth.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday March 4, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:*
Our CORE is spiritual. We must not make the mistake of wanting to satisfy spiritual needs with physical items.
Job 32: 8.
*Note/Prayers:* Father, help me to further understand the spiritual dimension of my make-up. Help me to know how to tap from Your resources in my spirit.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:34am On Mar 05, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday March 5, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Growth is a sign of life, and fruit bearing is the confirmation. We must guard against stagnancy, and let God lead us into fruitful living.
Hebrews 6: 7
*Note/prayers:* Dear Father, help me to live a fruitful life. Help me so that my fruits will be lasting ones.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:12am On Mar 06, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Friday March 6, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Being sober: being in touch with reality, not becoming hyper excited in a negative way, and truly connecting with other people around us, is an important aspect of spiritual growth.
1Pet. 5:8
*Note/Prayers:* Dear Father, help me to be sober. Help me, that no matter how noisy my environment is, I should always hear Your voice and leading within.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 7:58am On Mar 07, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Saturday March 7, 2020```

Who do you think, or say that you are? How do you see yourself in the world today? What defines you and your lifes goals? What is it that means fulfilment to you? How did you decide on these things? Who defined you to you? Matt 5:14; 1Pet 2:9
*Note/Prayers:* Dear Father, help me to see myself the way You see me. Open my understanding to Your definition of me. Help me to shun other voices that tell me otherwise.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
Episode 9 – YOUR 10-YEAR PLAN: SPIRITUAL GROWTH DIMENSION II

MARCH 8 ·

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious, Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. (1Peter 2:2-5)

We are welcome to yet another edition of the Life Discovery Gathering. The present series has been preparing us for the next decade and we have discussed different aspects of life that we must pay attention to in the next decade.
In the next decade, our journey of spiritual growth begins with (re)discovery. Understanding who we are, sets us on the journey of growth (Luke 15:11-20). Who do you say that you are? Who defined you to you? (Matthew 5: 13-16; 1 Peter 2: 9-10).
God has called us Sons and Daughters to Himself, Light and Salt to the earth, and, in all, we are chosen, royal, priestly, and peculiar. Outside of this definition, there is nothing that is considered special about us. This is the identity we lost, for which Jesus came, suffered, died and resurrected.
So then, what is Spiritual Growth? Spiritual Growth is growing to become like Christ. Ephesians 4:8-16. That is a stature or status that is beyond reproach of any kind. It is the state of rest. A point where our desires and that of God is united, where His will become our will. (John 10:30)
How then, can this be?
After accepting Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, and surrendering our lives to God, here are some steps to take to help us grow spiritually:
· Desiring the sincere milk of God’s word (1Peter 2:2)
· Pray without ceasing (1Thess 5: 17)
· Keep the right company (Hebrews 12: 22-24)
· Faith (Hebrews 11:6)
· Obeying the spirit of God (John 8:14)
These are not new, but why is it that we often do not grow and do the things that we know we are supposed to do?
· The devil works to make sure that we do not through:
o Distractions (Our Environments, the temptation of living by sight)
o Sins and the attendant blackmail (Heb 12: 1)
o Ensuring that we forget who we are and the kind of power that we possess by the virtue of new birth (Rom 8:11).
· Measuring our Growth by the wrong parameters (Giftings, Miracles, Signs, Wealth, Power, Influence, Success, Lack, Suffering, etc) (Rev 13:11-15).
· Resting Prematurely. (Thinking that we have arrived)
· Malnutrition (Not receiving balanced word of God)

The main aim of the enemy for us that have known God and are born again is to ensure that our growth is slowed down for as long as possible. He knows that spiritual growth is continuous, and we come into greater victory as we grow.

A central fact to our growth is discerning what God says apart from what the enemy says. While this is a complex reality, the simplest way is to know God’s word by being familiar with the bible.

The bible made us know that everything the devil says is a lie. These are facts that we must never forget.
What then is the implication of spiritual growth in the next decade?
· We will bear the right fruit (Gal 5: 22-23)
· We will know God (1John 1: 1-3)
· We will achieve great things (Daniel 11:32b)
· We will interpret God’s will with our lives (John 5:30)

When Adam and Eve fell, all creations also fell with them, and there has been the call for the manifestations of people who are led by God’s spirit. (John 1:12; 8:14; Romans 8:18-23) This is a call to us to grow and become worthy LifePorts through which God’s will is done on earth.

The beauty and essence of our lives is premised on how much growth we have spiritually. Thus, to be who God designed and waits for us to be is the doorway to true rest and glory.

Obeying the spirit of God in all instances is a major sign of growth spiritually.
In the next decade, we should see to it that the decisions that we make in all areas of our life are chiefly informed and energized by our relationship with God and spiritual growth.

Action Point: This week, constantly remind yourself why you should grow spiritually and avoid traps that sell lies to you .
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday March 9, 2020```

God has called us sons and daughters to Himself, Light and salt of the earth, chosen, royal, priestly and peculiar.
1 Peter 2:9-10
*Note/Prayers:* Father I ask in the name of Jesus that You help me to see myself in Your image! Help me to see others too as You see them.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday March 10, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Our CORE is spiritual. We must not make the mistake of wanting to satisfy spiritual needs with physical items
Job 32: 8

*Note/prayers:* Father, help me to further understand the spiritual dimension of my make-up. Help me to know how to tap from Your resources in my spirit.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday March 11, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* We have been equipped with the needed grace and victory to make right decisions. Just trust Jesus. Prov. 3: 5-6

*Note/Prayers:* Father, help me to follow Your leading as you guide me into right decisions and spiritual growth.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:08am On Mar 13, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Thursday March 12, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Bearing the right fruit is a sign of growth. We must look out for the fruit of the spirit in our lives. Galatians 5: 22-23

*Note/prayers:* Dear Father, help me to live a fruitful life. Help me so that my fruits will be lasting ones.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 9:09am On Mar 13, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Friday March 13, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Being sober: being in touch with reality, not becoming hyper excited in a negative way, and truly connecting with other people around us, is an important aspect of spiritual growth. 1Pet5:8

*Note/Prayers:* Dear Father, help me to be sober. Help me that no matter how noisy my environment is, I should always hear Your voice and leading within.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 8:48am On Mar 14, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Saturday March 14, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* As people who are called by God, we have specific roles that God expects us to perform. A major summary of this role is bringing God's will to bear on earth. We should never forget this, and we must be committed to it. The whole creation that makes up the earth is counting on us!

*Note/prayers:* Dear Father, fulfill Your expectation of growth. Help me to follow You till the manifestation of Your presence in me to the world. May Your light in me shine brighter and brighter at all times.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 12:07am On Mar 16, 2020
Episode 10 – Developing Capacities for Your
10-Year Plan

“After looking at the way things are on this earth, here’s what I’ve decided is the best way to live: Take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life. And that’s about it. That’s the human lot. Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the bounty and the capacity to enjoy it, accepting what’s given and delighting in the work.” Ecclesiastes 5:18-20 (MSG)

Thank God for bringing us this far in this series. The question now is what steps have you taken with respect to your 10Year Plan?

As we gradually come to the end of this series, we need to examine some capacities we need to develop so we can begin to walk into the reality of our 10 year plan. Please note that your 10year plan is not limited to what you want in the next 10years…it is series of interconnected events, occurrences, goals, etc that culminate into the big picture in the next 10years.

Sometimes we think what we get in life is absolutely determined by God without any input from us. But most of the limitation of what we get in life comes from us and not God …not even the devil.

Once of such areas is when we don’t develop our capacities.
Capacity development is much more than a motivational concept, it is a godly and scriptural concept.

“Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine
habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes.”
Isaiah 54:2
According to Strong’s Concordance and the Hebrew dictionary the word
enlarge means to:
“grow large, to go beyond, to make more room, to increase capacity,
to break out; to breakthrough; to expand, go further, occupy new territories, no limits, no boundaries, thinking big.”
Enlarging our tent. . our reach. . .our capacity to be able to walk into our 10Year plan is not optional or a suggestion... it is a scriptural command.

Scripturally speaking, God has the ability, the willingness, the desire and the capacity to help us accomplish all we project into our 10Year plan above all that we could ever think or ask...However, if we do agree. . .there
is a question that needs an answer…If it is God’s desire to bless us by enlarging our borders then why is it that we are not receiving the blessing
flow that God desires for each of us? We limit our capacity to receive.
In the story of the widow woman in 2 Kings 4 as soon as her capacity of jars were used up. . .the oil ceased to flow.

2 Kings 4:6 in the Amplified Bible says:
“When the vessels were all full, she said to her son, Bring me another vessel.
And he said to her, There is not a one left. Then the oil stopped multiplying.”

The oil stopped multiplying when she no longer had the capacity to capture it in the jars.

2 Kings 4:7 in the Amplified Bible says:
“Then she came and told the man of God. He said, Go, sell the oil and pay your
debt, and you and your sons live on the rest.”
The woman was able to pay all her debts and save her sons from being taken by her creditors. Not only that, but she got her retirement and that
of her sons fully funded in one day.
However, if she had more jars. . .a greater capacity to receive. . .she could gotten other people out of debt as well.
Our capacity determines how much we are able to walk into the reality of our 10Year plan.

A closer look at Isaiah 54:2 reveals five special instructions about how to
develop our capacity.
“Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains
of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy
stakes;”
Enlarge. . .stretch. . .do not hold back. . .lengthen and strengthen.
In other words, God is telling us to increase our capacity to receive His ever numerous blessings.
To increase our capacity we must learn to take God at His Word and to think beyond our imagination.

But first, we must increase our capacity beyond our current capacity of
understanding.
Next week, we shall be examining various aspect and practical steps to take to obey God’s word to increase our capacities.

Action Point: This week, constantly reflect about various capacities you need to develop…“grow large, to go beyond, to make more room, to increase capacity, to break out; to breakthrough; to expand, go further, occupy new territories, no limits, no boundaries, thinking big.”
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Monday March 16, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Most of the limitation of what we get in life comes from us and not God, not even the devil. Isaiah 54:2

*Note/Prayers:* Father, I ask in the name of Jesus that You help me to see various areas I am limiting myself in life. Let Your light shine on my heart.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Tuesday March 17, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* Capacity development is much more than a motivational concept, it is a godly and scriptural concept. Isaiah 54:2

*Note/prayers:* Father, help me to further understand the spiritual dimension behind developing my capacity towards fulfilling my 10Year Plan.
Re: New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact by LifePortConnect: 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
```Focus for Daily Personal Reflections/Devotion for Wednesday March 18, 2020```

*Focus/Reflection:* God has the ability to help us accomplish all we project into our 10Year plan above all that we could ever think or ask. Ephesians 3:20

*Note/prayers:* Father, help me to trust Your ability and put my faith in You in all circumstances and in all I look forward to in my 10Year plan.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of D 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ All Black And Wearing Traditional Attires / Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation / Vision: Strong And Dire Warnings About Receiving The Mark Of The Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.