Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation (1960 Views)

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2017
Once saved always saved vs. Obedient salvation formerly known as works salvation

I've decided to come up with a name for my belief in losing salvation. Since osas people like to use names to demonize me and everyone who dares disagree with them, I came up with a name that will stop this.
They like to call our doctrine works salvation. It is something made up by them to discredit those who do not believe as they do. So I'm going to call what I believe **Obedient Salvation**.

So now when they demonize me by claiming I believe in working for my salvation I'll just say: It's not works it's being Obedient. And because you refuse to be Obedient you call what I do works.

So now the debates and arguments will be about being Obedient and not works. And osas aka once save always saved will be exposed for what it is.

Works salvation, the name they made up, is now **Obedient Salvation**. So osas when you came at me or anyone else here with works salvation, let's see how that works out for you.

And yes you can walk away aka Lose Salvation. It's when you refuse to be obedient to what God tells you to do. Why do you think the goats were thrown into Hell? Not because they were unsaved, it was because they refused to be **obedient** to the Lord. Because to claim that they were unsaved you'd have to prove that the Bible refers to the unsaved as goats. And to this date no one has. Because if you can I'll convert to Once Saved Always Saved right here right now.

The challenge has been made now let's see you prove it. Are goats unsaved sinners? Verses please! ~ Issac

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionIsALie/

Let's get the ball rolling. cool

1 Share

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
When osas believers get cornered, they start making stuff up. I asked the question: If the goats in the sheep and goats judgment are unsaved sinners. Prove it with scripture. No one has because no one can. Osas (once saved always saved) claim this only because that's the only way their teaching will work. Which is wrong because the Bible does not conform to a teaching, the teaching conforms to the Bible.
So because I have asked this question 20 times to osas believers and they all ignore it to make it go away. As if that is how you address things in the Bible. Below is an example of how things are often made up on the fly to try to make something work.

Does the sheep and goats judgment apply to this church age? Yes because Christ judges His own. And the comment already started to receive likes and it's only been up less than a day. Which shows instead of correcting one another on this, osas believer will go with whatever works. Even adding to what is not even in the Word of God. ~ Issac

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2018
"Ray, are you saying you do NOT believe in 'once saved, always saved?' If not, why not?" Cheri' Makin Krekel

If we truly repent and trust in Jesus, we can have total assurance of salvation--nothing will pluck us out of the hand of God (see John 10:29), and nothing will separate us from His love (see Romans 8:38-39). He who has begun a work is us will complete it (see Philippians 1:6). The true converts puts his hand to the plow and doesn't even look back, because he is "fit" for the Kingdom (see Luke 9:62).

"Once saved always saved" teaches that if we have supposedly given our lives to Christ, we are still saved if we live like the devil and love this sinful world. But scripture couldn't be more clear:

"Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God" (James 4:4).

Those who name the Name of Christ will depart from sin (see 2 Timothy 2:19).

The brethren who ask "Can a person lose their salvation" are like those who ask "Do you still beat up your mother?" Neither can be adequately answered with a simple Yes or a No.

Those who are genuinely saved will persevere, and God will keep them. Christ is their life, and like Peter, they say, "Where would we go Lord? You alone have the words of everlasting life."

But those professed converts who fall away and trample the blood of Christ underfoot prove to be false converts.

Many, however, don't fall away from the faith. They stay within the Church. Like Judas, they dwell among the brethren.

Please, take the time to feely listen to "True and False Conversion" for a balanced and biblical understanding of how the goats and sheep, etc., dwell together until Judgment Day (you will find it on the right side of www.livingwaters.com Home Page).

Understanding this will hopefully put this contentious issue to rest. It did for me.

Pic. Belinda Hankins Miller

[Source] https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 23 August 2014 ยท

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2018
op the goats were the unsaved, note that there are only two categories of people in the world, the goats aka the unsaved and the sheep aka the saved.
it is either you are unsaved or you are saved. there is no middle ground however the works of each will prove whom they are!

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2018
solite3:

op the goats were the unsaved, note that there are only two categories of people in the world, the goats aka the unsaved and the sheep aka the saved.
it is either you are unsaved or you are saved. there is no middle ground however the works of each will prove whom they are!

That goat is trying to force its way into the garden through the back door. cheesy
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

That goat is trying to force its way into the garden through the back door. cheesy
funny pix
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2018
solite3:

funny pix

Goats are always stubborn. cheesy

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

yea, a description of the unregenerated man.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2018
Goats are stubborn by nature, this is a clear description of the man who is not bornagain
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 5:23am On Aug 26, 2018
solite3:
Goats are stubborn by nature, this is a clear description of the man who is not bornagain

sol, again you just talk out of your head
the goats are not clearly stubborn people at all, or else skeptical and stubborn thomas just to name one
would be of the goats, the goats are those cursed of God for not following Him and His way, not having faith

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come,.....

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed,.....
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 6:36am On Aug 26, 2018
@OP No one is mocking you for being obedient. OSAS people are also obedient, so don't make it it seem like its something exclusive to you alone.
.Why you are being mocked is because you depend on your obedience to save you instead of Jesus. You believe you can play a huge part in your salvation by depending on your works of obedience. The criteria to being saved as seen I. John 3:16 and many other verses is simply by believing in Jesus Christ. Nowhere is it stated that you have to add works to have eternal life.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by jamael(m): 7:35am On Aug 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
@OP No one is mocking you for being obedient. OSAS people are also obedient, so don't make it it seem like its something exclusive to you alone.
.Why you are being mocked is because you depend on your obedience to save you instead of Jesus. You believe you can play a huge part in your salvation by depending on your works of obedience. The criteria to being saved as seen I. John 3:16 and many other verses is simply by believing in Jesus Christ. Nowhere is it stated that you have to add works to have eternal life.

SMH.
Jesus told his disciples who were with him to watch and pray. He also told them to take heed unto themselves. He saved them, was with them, prayed for them and they believed in him. Yet, he still saw, and sees, the need to tell them to watch.

The act of watching and taking heed is what you guys call works.

When in Revelations, the Bible speaks of rewards for the overcomers, it means they have a role to play. Confidence in God and his word on one hand, putting that faith to work on the other hand.

When we face temptations, Jesus gives us the grace we need, but he watches us use it.

Even Jesus warned his own disciples of the danger and peril of losing their salvation. Paul, James, John, Jude and Peter all stress that repeatedly.

What believers have is "conditional security". Check out the presence of the word "if" in the New Testament and get wise.

And by the way, the criteria is not just believe. It is actually REPENTANCE AND FAITH. Not just faith. Because, the Bible clearly states, that the Devil also BELIEVES and trembles

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2018
jamael:

SMH.
Jesus told his disciples who were with him to watch and pray. He also told them to take heed unto themselves. He saved them, was with them, prayed for them and they believed in him. Yet, he still saw, and sees, the need to tell them to watch.

The act of watching and taking heed is what you guys call works.

When in Revelations, the Bible speaks of rewards for the overcomers, it means they have a role to play. Confidence in God and his word on one hand, putting that faith to work on the other hand.

When we face temptations, Jesus gives us the grace we need, but he watches us use it.

Even Jesus warned his own disciples of the danger and peril of losing their salvation. Paul, James, John, Jude and Peter all stress that repeatedly.

What believers have is "conditional security". Check out the presence of the word "if" in the New Testament and get wise.

And by the way, the criteria is not just believe. It is actually REPENTANCE AND FAITH. Not just faith. Because, the Bible clearly states, that the Devil also BELIEVES and trembles
So you say one can lose his salvation. That means he was never saved in the first place.

John 10:27-29

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Did you read the above passage? Jesus said his sheep will never perish, neither will any man pluck them out of his hands. The Father has given them to him and his father's hands are strong; no man can pluck them out of His hands.

Yet you say one can lose his salvation. You even say what Christians have is conditional security. That is to say Jesus is not sufficient for us. We are just living under maybe.

When we say works is not what get you saved, what we mean is that trusting on your righteousness and good deeds to save you from eternal damnation is wrong. Your righteousness is like filthy rags before God. We aren't saying you shouldn't strive to be righteous, which gives you reward in heaven. But relying on that to get you to heaven is the same as trying to save yourself. Jesus did it all, that's why he said it is finished. You have no part to play in your salvation other than just believe.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boas
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by jamael(m): 12:40pm On Aug 26, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
So you say one can lose his salvation. That means he was never saved in the first place.

John 10:27-29

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Did you read the above passage? Jesus said his sheep will never perish, neither will any man pluck them out of his hands. The Father has given them to him and his father's hands are strong; no man can pluck them out of His hands.

Yet you say one can lose his salvation. You even say what Christians have is conditional security. That is to say Jesus is not sufficient for us. We are just living under maybe.

When we say works is not what get you saved, what we mean is that trusting on your righteousness and good deeds to save you from eternal damnation is wrong. Your righteousness is like filthy rags before God. We aren't saying you shouldn't strive to be righteous, which gives you reward in heaven. But relying on that to get you to heaven is the same as trying to save yourself. Jesus did it all, that's why he said it is finished. You have no part to play in your salvation other than just believe.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boas

It seems you don't understand the point of conditional security. Let me show you some instances.
Acts 27:22-25. "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,
Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.
Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

From this passage, we can clearly conclude, that those men would be saved despite the raging wind. Eternal security means that by no means possible, will they be destroyed by the wind.

But the Bible disagrees. See what it says here.
Acts 27:31. "Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved. "

Does this mean that God lied to Paul, No. It is simply a pointer that God's promises are conditional. It doesn't mean they were not promised or saved initially.

Another instance is in Genesis 19:15-26.
God had promised Abraham to save Lot. The angels came, gave them the warning, dragged them out, told them to escape to the mountains and not to look back.

Genesis 19:26 "But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt". What happened here? Were they not promised? We're they not saved? They were. But it was on the condition of not looking back.

Finally, In John15:4-6
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches :He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

That, my friend, is Jesus statement on Conditional security. The condition, therefore is to abide.

May God give you understanding. Amen
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2018
johnw47:

sol, again you just talk out of your head
the goats are not clearly stubborn people at all, or else skeptical and stubborn thomas just to name one
would be of the goats, the goats are those cursed of God for not following Him and His way, not having faith

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come,.....

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed,.....

smh, where did I say goats are stubborn people? read up, people's post very well before replying
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2018
jamael:

It seems you don't understand the point of conditional security. Let me show you some instances.
Acts 27:22-25. "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,
Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.
Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

From this passage, we can clearly conclude, that those men would be saved despite the raging wind. Eternal security means that by no means possible, will they be destroyed by the wind.

But the Bible disagrees. See what it says here.
Acts 27:31. "Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved. "

Does this mean that God lied to Paul, No. It is simply a pointer that God's promises are conditional. It doesn't mean they were not promised or saved initially.

Another instance is in Genesis 19:15-26.
God had promised Abraham to save Lot. The angels came, gave them the warning, dragged them out, told them to escape to the mountains and not to look back.

Genesis 19:26 "But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt". What happened here? Were they not promised? We're they not saved? They were. But it was on the condition of not looking back.

Finally, In John15:4-6
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches :He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

That, my friend, is Jesus statement on Conditional security. The condition, therefore is to abide.

May God give you understanding. Amen
You see, those people who wanted to jump out of the ship didn't believe in Paul's words about what the angel said to him, which is that everyone will be saved. They wanted to save themselves by using a boat. That's the same thing as depending on your righteousness to save you, instead of on Jesus. If they believed Paul's words about what the angel told him, they won't have tried to save themselves. They never believed, but I'm glad that ended up believing.

Same thing applies to people today. They hear that Jesus has died for their sins and that all they have to do is believe in him. Instead of doing that, people start hoping on their righteousness to save them. They believe if they don't commit sin, then they will be saved.

Look at the thief on the cross with Jesus. He did no works yet he went to paradise. That's because he simply believed all his sins would be forgiven by Jesus. He had no good works to trust on, but still he made heaven. Yet you say one has to trust works to be saved.

As for Lot's wife, she didn't believe. Yes, Lot and his family was promised salvation from the horror that awaited Sodom and Gomorrah, yet his wife perished with the city. That's the same way humans have been promised salvation from eternal damnation, but many will still end up damned. Why? Because they didn't believe in the promise. Lots wife rejected it, that's why she got destroyed. Humans who reject Jesus as saviour won't get saved. They reject because they don't believe in him. Hence their eternal damnation.

John 3:18 (KJV)
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 11:55pm On Aug 26, 2018
solite3:
smh, where did I say goats are stubborn people? read up, people's post very well before replying

duh sol, your twisting of your lies is just more lying

goats are stubborn = people not born again

solite3:

you are clearly wrong yet again sol, the goats are those cursed by God
being stubborn is hardly even a sin, oh duh
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:57am On Aug 27, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Shouldn't 'Believing' be counted as 'works' if you are consistent with your definition of what you term to be works?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 1:23am On Aug 27, 2018
solite3:

OLAADEGBU:

solite3:
yea, a description of the unregenerated man.

unregenerated man = people

sol, oh what a tangled web you weave
lies begets lies

Pro 14:5 A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.

Pro 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: ....

the goats are not stubborn people, although some could be stubborn, they would be liars though sol,
cursed by God liars

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 2:07am On Aug 27, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Shouldn't 'Believing' be counted as 'works' if you are consistent with your definition of what you term to be works?

true believing-faith is not works (God does the works in the saved) it's a gift of God,
believers can take no credit at all for their faith, except that God granted it to them
because they asked to know Him, they sought Him before hand

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2018
johnw47:

duh sol, your twisting of your lies is just more lying

goats are stubborn = people not born again

you are clearly wrong yet again sol, the goats are those cursed by God
being stubborn is hardly even a sin, oh duh

smh, why were they cursed by God?
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 12:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
solite3:
smh, why were they cursed by God?

sol since you don't believe God that the goats are cursed
i won't waste the few seconds of time that it would take
to tell you the very very simple answer that even a novice
christian would know or be easily able to look up in the bible
that they unlike you believe

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2018
johnw47:

sol since you don't believe God that the goats are cursed
i won't waste the few seconds of time that it would take
to tell you the very very simple answer that even a novice
christian would know or be easily able to look up in the bible
that they unlike you believe

you don't even know what you are saying,
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 12:01am On Aug 28, 2018
solite3:
you don't even know what you are saying,

keep on lying and fooling yourself phony
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 28, 2018
johnw47:

keep on lying and fooling yourself phony

remain blessed
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 1:34am On Aug 28, 2018
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

grace, salvation, and faith: all from God

grace is God's gifts to persons, incidentally receiving grace is the opposite of being cursed, like are the goats

salvation is by grace, it's a gift of God

saving faith in Christ comes from God

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Php 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

God grants the privilege of believing-having faith on Christ

all good is from God

Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 6:36am On Aug 28, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Believe is not a work. Works is when you do goods, do well to abstain from sin and live a righteous life.
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2018
johnw47:

true believing-faith is not works (God does the works in the saved) it's a gift of God,
believers can take no credit at all for their faith, except that God granted it to them
because they asked to know Him, they sought Him before hand

Mat 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Can 'Asking to know Him and Seeking Him before hand' be counted as works? undecided
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Believe is not a work. Works is when you do goods, do well to abstain from sin and live a righteous life.

Do you mean that knowing the truth of God's word and obeying them is works? undecided
Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by alBHAGDADI: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Do you mean that knowing the truth of God's word and obeying them is works? undecided
Obeying them is works, which is good. But relying on them as what will give you eternal life is what is wrong. That can lead you to eternal damnation.

1 Like

Re: Once Saved Always Saved Vs. Obedient Salvation Formerly Known as Works Salvation by johnw47: 1:03am On Aug 29, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Can 'Asking to know Him and Seeking Him before hand' be counted as works? undecided

if you are of the chosen, God chose you in Christ before He made the world, He led you to seek Him and He leads you into all good works, the works and the credit are all His

Eph_1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, ....
Eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

you can give credit for good works to yourself
or you can give it to God to whom it belongs

we are but dust, we were like filthy rags
if it were not for Him we would be going the way of the rest of the world

(1) (Reply)

Read and grow rich / My Best Bible Verses.they Are Just Incredible, Mind-blowing and Refreshing.!!! / Has The Religion Section Changed Your Beliefs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.