Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

The Faithful Cheater - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Faithful Cheater (588 Views)

Poetry: a prayer of the faithful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Faithful Cheater by Defavouredkings(m): 9:23am On Jan 11, 2020
Full Story: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-faithful-cheater-part-1/

Episode 1

She had her red blouse on and the blue jeans she told me she bought a month ago. There was also a blue jacket on and from where I was standing watching her; I didn’t think I’d seen it before.

Let me just quickly say this before I continue; knowing and getting familiar with my girlfriend’s clothes were one of the few simple clichés a long distance relationship afforded me with her. I mean it was the high point of everything. It even afforded me the luxury of knowing all her bras and underwears.

I knew every single one.

Whenever she went out shopping and came back with new outfits and underwears, I was of course the first person to see them thanks to the inventors of Whatsapp and BBM. I would take the photos of her in those light cotton things, head into my bathroom and then self-service the nonsense out of myself.

For obvious reasons, it was the only thing I could do to stay faithful to her.

But anyway today, she hadn’t had the time to send me any photo of how she was looking before leaving the house and so I had no idea what color of panty she was putting on underneath those tight jeans and I couldn’t wait to find out because in as much as babe and I had not gone ‘there’, we try at least to get ‘somewhere’ and for now, I was content with that.

“Hey babe!” I waved at her taking hurried steps towards her. She had her hair sprung up in her usual classic ponytail and with the absence of make-up, she was looking younger than a twenty-three years old.

She also looked wary sha; probably exhausted or maybe just completely upset, because I knew she hated to travel. Travelling for an hour never appealed to my girlfriend, talk more of seven hours-the more reason she hated this whole distance thing and had never failed to mention it-and so with the dark circles around her eyes and with her lips parted in a heavy grimace as I stood in front of her, I knew without a single doubt that she was upset.

“You look worn out” I finally muttered allowing my smile fade off.

She shrugged, looking straight ahead, her eyes glued to the three storey building in front of us. It was a UBA bank painted in red.

Ok? I allowed my head say, annoyed that she was annoyed but then I had to remind myself that we cannot both be annoyed. So I threw away my annoyance and then halted down a Keke-napep that was about to speed off. After giving the driver the address to where we were headed and haggling severely about the price, we jumped into it and headed on.

“How was your journey?” I asked trying to break the silence that was gulfing off the air around us. Somehow, I could not help but feel that this was just more than her distaste for travelling; something else was amiss… she hadn’t even glanced my way since we got into the Keke.

“It was fine” she replied solemnly her gaze falling to her fingers. She was looking at them like she hadn’t seen them before.

Hmmm?

“You didn’t call me on your way here. I was a bit worried you know” I continued restlessly, my gaze now lost in the houses fading passed us as the Keke sped down Okpara Avenue and into Odigwe’s street.

“My battery was about to die and I wanted to save it so that I could call you when I finally arrive” She explained bringing out her dead phone from her pocket.

“Oh ok…it’s okay” I answered as I stared down at the phone that had given me high blood pressure all through the day. She had called me before boarding the bus though but all through the journey, I could not reach her and that had almost driven me mad. Even my colleagues in the office sensed my uneasiness and my boss had snapped at me occasionally about some silly errors in the documents I was supposed to prepare thoroughly.

“Is this the house?” she asked as the driver pulled to a halt while we waddled out of the tricycle.

“Yeah… you have no idea how hard it was for me to secure an apartment in this locale. Housing in PH…is just something else” I explained relieved she was beginning to loosen up but then I got no further comment after that only just another empty shrug as she stared up at the building. I pulled out her little luggage from the back of the keke and led the way into the compound.

By the way, she brought so little a luggage for what was supposed to be a two week visit with me.As a matter of fact, I was starting to find it a little bit shocking like what happens in movies. Women were known to move around with almost half their wardrobe and there were various colors of shoes and bags to match, makeups in one full purse and jewelries in another and I’ve never known my boo to be an exception. She had come with just a small bag. There were no hand bags, not even a purse…as if she had planned only a night visit.

Hmmmm.

Anyway, my apartment in the Osabi’s residence was located on the second floor of the green painted two storey building. Next to it, was a bungalow popularly known as the boys-quarters. True to its name, there were some university dudes living in that apartment and so the place had become a breeding ground for the kind of egbo smoking I have never seen in my life and then, the drinking, partying and of course…womanizing. I didn’t think I had seen the house ever free of girls since I moved in.

Some nights ago, a girl had rushed out of the house and from my window; I had seen that she was partially nude, crushing her clothes and her shoes to her chest as she ran. Her loud shriek and yelling had been what had woken me up from my restless sleep.

Because the night had been so moonless, I couldn’t tell what complexion the girl held, only that she was bottle shaped and her lingerie were in full view under the dim light of the fluorescent tube illuminating the compound. It made me think of my boo- that longing to see her again if you know what I mean but anyway, back to this particular girl.

She had raced out of the house crushing her clothes to the chest with one of dudes, the dark-skinned one, they called Collins on her heels. He was yelling and calling her all sorts of foul names, demanding she left his ‘house’ and the compound. This girl was weeping eh, I felt so sorry for her that I didn’t even know when I took the stairs down and then waddled into the compound.

“Hey, are you alright?” I asked reluctantly as I moved closer to her.

The babe glared at me through wet eyes as she began to dress up, pretending to be ignoring my presence and the fact that my eyes were now feasting on her. Closer now, I had noticed she was light skinned with a skin as flawless as a baby’s bottom. She was beautiful with full big lips and eyes shaped like a fish’s. Because she had nothing on besides the bra on her chest and her underwear on her hips, I couldn’t help but notice how huge and firm her breasts seemed to fit clumsily in the bra like they were begging for escape.

Why would anyone turn such a person away? I had found myself wondering as I stood and watch her struggle to put on her jeans. I even got to notice the dimples at the bottom of her spine; and as she struggled on, her booties just kept jumping up and down like tennis balls. Soon, I was turned on. “Jesus! Conji abeg na” I muttered silently as I gnawed my teeth in anguish.

“Sorry?” she asked as she wiped her eyes and glared harder at me.

“ehemm nothing…” I retorted embarrassed at myself “ you know its late right. As in, very late?” I asked moving from one leg to the other to ease the struggle I could feel within.

“Yes” she answered choking at the word as she put on her shoes. “I can’t go home na. Not by this time of the night” she cried out “My parents will kill me”

“Oh ok…so what do you want to do?” I asked as I watched her bend over to pick up her handbag. My temperature shot up further.

“I don’t know” she answered as she looked around for a spot in the compound. A huge stone beside the power pole was in sight; she went over to it and then sat, leaving her bag on the floor. “I’ll just sit down here till morning”

“Hmm…I don’t think that’ll be a good idea. You will catch cold” I insisted walking over to where she was seated and picked up her handbag. The weather was changing rapidly with the harmattan taking a stroll round the country. These days, day times were usually as hot as fire accompanied with the dust and dirts but nights…..as cold as ice.

“I’m fine with that” she answered solemnly as a flash of anger crossed her eyes.

“Well I’m not. I stay alone… you can crash with me if you want” I answered not sure if I knew what I just said.

“No. Really I’m fine” she insisted pulling her bag away from my grip.

I wanted to persist but I was like “okay, if you say so” and turned to the direction of the staircase. But just as I was about to make the second ascend, I heard footsteps behind me and caught myself smirking.

One would think that was the highlight for the day but for where!

The night that day, I couldn’t even sleep or do anything reasonable despite the fact that the babe had crashed with me on the same bed. In my defense, I had only one bed and I couldn’t sleep on the floor because it was usually very cold at night despite the rug I had on it. She was lying so close that I wasn’t sure of what to do; not that I didn’t know how to go about it, it was just that….

Re: The Faithful Cheater by BabbanBura(m): 9:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Defavouredkings:
Full Story: https://defavouredkings.com.ng/the-faithful-cheater-part-1/

Episode 1

She had her red blouse on and the blue jeans she told me she bought a month ago. There was also a blue jacket on and from where I was standing watching her; I didn’t think I’d seen it before.

Let me just quickly say this before I continue; knowing and getting familiar with my girlfriend’s clothes were one of the few simple clichés a long distance relationship afforded me with her. I mean it was the high point of everything. It even afforded me the luxury of knowing all her bras and underwears.

I knew every single one.

Whenever she went out shopping and came back with new outfits and underwears, I was of course the first person to see them thanks to the inventors of Whatsapp and BBM. I would take the photos of her in those light cotton things, head into my bathroom and then self-service the nonsense out of myself.

For obvious reasons, it was the only thing I could do to stay faithful to her.

But anyway today, she hadn’t had the time to send me any photo of how she was looking before leaving the house and so I had no idea what color of panty she was putting on underneath those tight jeans and I couldn’t wait to find out because in as much as babe and I had not gone ‘there’, we try at least to get ‘somewhere’ and for now, I was content with that.

“Hey babe!” I waved at her taking hurried steps towards her. She had her hair sprung up in her usual classic ponytail and with the absence of make-up, she was looking younger than a twenty-three years old.

She also looked wary sha; probably exhausted or maybe just completely upset, because I knew she hated to travel. Travelling for an hour never appealed to my girlfriend, talk more of seven hours-the more reason she hated this whole distance thing and had never failed to mention it-and so with the dark circles around her eyes and with her lips parted in a heavy grimace as I stood in front of her, I knew without a single doubt that she was upset.

“You look worn out” I finally muttered allowing my smile fade off.

She shrugged, looking straight ahead, her eyes glued to the three storey building in front of us. It was a UBA bank painted in red.

Ok? I allowed my head say, annoyed that she was annoyed but then I had to remind myself that we cannot both be annoyed. So I threw away my annoyance and then halted down a Keke-napep that was about to speed off. After giving the driver the address to where we were headed and haggling severely about the price, we jumped into it and headed on.

“How was your journey?” I asked trying to break the silence that was gulfing off the air around us. Somehow, I could not help but feel that this was just more than her distaste for travelling; something else was amiss… she hadn’t even glanced my way since we got into the Keke.

“It was fine” she replied solemnly her gaze falling to her fingers. She was looking at them like she hadn’t seen them before.

Hmmm?

“You didn’t call me on your way here. I was a bit worried you know” I continued restlessly, my gaze now lost in the houses fading passed us as the Keke sped down Okpara Avenue and into Odigwe’s street.

“My battery was about to die and I wanted to save it so that I could call you when I finally arrive” She explained bringing out her dead phone from her pocket.

“Oh ok…it’s okay” I answered as I stared down at the phone that had given me high blood pressure all through the day. She had called me before boarding the bus though but all through the journey, I could not reach her and that had almost driven me mad. Even my colleagues in the office sensed my uneasiness and my boss had snapped at me occasionally about some silly errors in the documents I was supposed to prepare thoroughly.

“Is this the house?” she asked as the driver pulled to a halt while we waddled out of the tricycle.

“Yeah… you have no idea how hard it was for me to secure an apartment in this locale. Housing in PH…is just something else” I explained relieved she was beginning to loosen up but then I got no further comment after that only just another empty shrug as she stared up at the building. I pulled out her little luggage from the back of the keke and led the way into the compound.

By the way, she brought so little a luggage for what was supposed to be a two week visit with me.As a matter of fact, I was starting to find it a little bit shocking like what happens in movies. Women were known to move around with almost half their wardrobe and there were various colors of shoes and bags to match, makeups in one full purse and jewelries in another and I’ve never known my boo to be an exception. She had come with just a small bag. There were no hand bags, not even a purse…as if she had planned only a night visit.

Hmmmm.

Anyway, my apartment in the Osabi’s residence was located on the second floor of the green painted two storey building. Next to it, was a bungalow popularly known as the boys-quarters. True to its name, there were some university dudes living in that apartment and so the place had become a breeding ground for the kind of egbo smoking I have never seen in my life and then, the drinking, partying and of course…womanizing. I didn’t think I had seen the house ever free of girls since I moved in.

Some nights ago, a girl had rushed out of the house and from my window; I had seen that she was partially nude, crushing her clothes and her shoes to her chest as she ran. Her loud shriek and yelling had been what had woken me up from my restless sleep.

Because the night had been so moonless, I couldn’t tell what complexion the girl held, only that she was bottle shaped and her lingerie were in full view under the dim light of the fluorescent tube illuminating the compound. It made me think of my boo- that longing to see her again if you know what I mean but anyway, back to this particular girl.

She had raced out of the house crushing her clothes to the chest with one of dudes, the dark-skinned one, they called Collins on her heels. He was yelling and calling her all sorts of foul names, demanding she left his ‘house’ and the compound. This girl was weeping eh, I felt so sorry for her that I didn’t even know when I took the stairs down and then waddled into the compound.

“Hey, are you alright?” I asked reluctantly as I moved closer to her.

The babe glared at me through wet eyes as she began to dress up, pretending to be ignoring my presence and the fact that my eyes were now feasting on her. Closer now, I had noticed she was light skinned with a skin as flawless as a baby’s bottom. She was beautiful with full big lips and eyes shaped like a fish’s. Because she had nothing on besides the bra on her chest and her underwear on her hips, I couldn’t help but notice how huge and firm her breasts seemed to fit clumsily in the bra like they were begging for escape.

Why would anyone turn such a person away? I had found myself wondering as I stood and watch her struggle to put on her jeans. I even got to notice the dimples at the bottom of her spine; and as she struggled on, her booties just kept jumping up and down like tennis balls. Soon, I was turned on. “Jesus! Conji abeg na” I muttered silently as I gnawed my teeth in anguish.

“Sorry?” she asked as she wiped her eyes and glared harder at me.

“ehemm nothing…” I retorted embarrassed at myself “ you know its late right. As in, very late?” I asked moving from one leg to the other to ease the struggle I could feel within.

“Yes” she answered choking at the word as she put on her shoes. “I can’t go home na. Not by this time of the night” she cried out “My parents will kill me”

“Oh ok…so what do you want to do?” I asked as I watched her bend over to pick up her handbag. My temperature shot up further.

“I don’t know” she answered as she looked around for a spot in the compound. A huge stone beside the power pole was in sight; she went over to it and then sat, leaving her bag on the floor. “I’ll just sit down here till morning”

“Hmm…I don’t think that’ll be a good idea. You will catch cold” I insisted walking over to where she was seated and picked up her handbag. The weather was changing rapidly with the harmattan taking a stroll round the country. These days, day times were usually as hot as fire accompanied with the dust and dirts but nights…..as cold as ice.

“I’m fine with that” she answered solemnly as a flash of anger crossed her eyes.

“Well I’m not. I stay alone… you can crash with me if you want” I answered not sure if I knew what I just said.

“No. Really I’m fine” she insisted pulling her bag away from my grip.

I wanted to persist but I was like “okay, if you say so” and turned to the direction of the staircase. But just as I was about to make the second ascend, I heard footsteps behind me and caught myself smirking.

One would think that was the highlight for the day but for where!

The night that day, I couldn’t even sleep or do anything reasonable despite the fact that the babe had crashed with me on the same bed. In my defense, I had only one bed and I couldn’t sleep on the floor because it was usually very cold at night despite the rug I had on it. She was lying so close that I wasn’t sure of what to do; not that I didn’t know how to go about it, it was just that….

Am enjoying ya story, fire on
Re: The Faithful Cheater by Ann2012(f): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Well done OP

(1) (Reply)

Danger About 5G Technology / "The Minister's Wife" (episode 2) / Holy Ghost Congress 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.