Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,770 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Is The Holy Spirit God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Holy Spirit God? (660 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' / Matter, Energy, Spirit, Holy Spirit, God,satan: How Do These Relate ? / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 9:34am On Jan 11, 2020
God is a Spirit (a spiritual Being) and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (reality). John 4:24

Please where in scripture is the Holy Spirit called God?

The above verse calls God a spiritual being, so are the angels that serve him, after all, they are not carnal beings.

Scripture calls the Holy Spirit, comforter, helper, Spirit of God, Spirit of the Lord but where does it call the Holy Spirit God?

I started searching scripture when someone said the spirit created... ?
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by AntiChristian: 11:03am On Jan 11, 2020
Let me try to answer you.

God is Omniscient i.e. He knows everything!

Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; his understanding is infinite. (Psalm 147:5)
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.(1 John 3:20)
Known to God from eternity are all his works. (Acts 15:18)

Jesus and the Holy Spirit ARE NOT omniscient.

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

Hence they are not God AND ONLY GOD IS GOD.

Q.E.D.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 11:33am On Jan 11, 2020
AntiChristian:
Let me try to answer you.

God is Omniscient i.e. He knows everything!

Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; his understanding is infinite. (Psalm 147:5)
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.(1 John 3:20)
Known to God from eternity are all his works. (Acts 15:18)

Jesus and the Holy Spirit ARE NOT omniscient.

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Mark 13:32
But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

Hence they are not God AND ONLY GOD IS GOD.

Q.E.D.
well can't really argue with this because when I read scripture it doesn't say the Holy Spirit is God

Infact one of the scriptures some use in acts

That is Acts 5:3-4 the scripture that people allude to meaning that the Holy Ghost is God

Here is my question how did Ananias lie?

My answer by taking some amount of money to the apostles while claiming it was whole the money.

Peter was insinuating that lying to the apostles was lying to the Holy Ghost which means lying to God.

Now if from just this verse we say that the Holy Ghost is God, then it should also be logical to say that the apostles are the Holy Ghost or are in turn God.

But if with understanding we see it as you lying to us means you lying to the one who sent us - the Holy Ghost, and who sent the Holy Ghost - God.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by OJODEL10(m): 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
2 Corinthians 3:17 (RHE)Now the Lord is a Spirit. And where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by Hiswordxray(m): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2020
All this theological talk, trying to explain a person you don't really know. Why know focus on getting intimate with God. There are things you will just know by spending time with God. People are being caught up with God and experiencing Him for themselves, and here you are quoting scriptures and trying to start an argument.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by sonmvayina(m): 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
I am the Holy Spirit having a human experience... The spirit enclosed in flesh. Ecclessiatics 12 :7
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hiswordxray:
All this theological talk, trying to explain a person you don't really know. Why know focus on getting intimate with God. There are things you will just know by spending time with God. People are being caught up with God and experiencing Him for themselves, and here you are quoting scriptures and trying to start an argument.

so to you asking a question means arguing undecided

Moses got intimate with God by asking him questions.

If you know God why not help answer someone's question
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
OJODEL10:
2 Corinthians 3:17 (RHE)Now the Lord is a Spirit. And where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
same thing I posted before na God is a Spirit, infact that verse is even better because it uses the word God.

please how does this verse show if the Holy Spirit is God
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by OkCornel(m): 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2020
Remember the 7 spirits of God spoken of in the book of Revelation...
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
OkCornel:
Remember the 7 spirits of God spoken of in the book of Revelation...

Yea I do remember, Jesus held the seven spirits in his hand, the seven horns, eyes and even the seven spirits that were placed before God ba

What does that mean then
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Yea I do remember, Jesus held the seven spirits in his hand, the seven horns, eyes and even the seven spirits that were placed before God ba

What does that mean then
the seven spirits of God is symbolical. It means the Holy Spirit in his full and complete manifestation.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Every prophet, apostle, teacher etc has the Spirit operation by measure but Christ was baptised with the Holy Spirit without measure.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
BlueAngel444:
God is a Spirit (a spiritual Being) and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth (reality). John 4:24

Please where in scripture is the Holy Spirit called God?

The above verse calls God a spiritual being, so are the angels that serve him, after all, they are not carnal beings.

Scripture calls the Holy Spirit, comforter, helper, Spirit of God, Spirit of the Lord but where does it call the Holy Spirit God?

I started searching scripture when someone said the spirit created... ?
The Holy Spirit is God but a separate person from the Father and Son.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
solite3:
the seven spirits of God is symbolical. It means the Holy Spirit in his full and complete manifestation.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Every prophet, apostle, teacher etc has the Spirit operation by measure but Christ was baptised with the Holy Spirit without measure.
yes I know this but this,

Now look at that John 3:34 you quoted so God the Father gave God to God

That doesn't make sense yet that's what people believe and something like it's spiritual that y it doesn't make sense... But God is not an author of confusion.

Now if we take has it is written God the Father, the only God gave His Son, Lord, His Holy Spirit
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
solite3:

The Holy Spirit is God but a separate person from the Father and Son.

Are you calling him God or is it written that the Holy Ghost is God.

Infact I tried looking for where glory or praise was given to the Holy Ghost in Revelations but I found none.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by OkCornel(m): 3:51am On Jan 12, 2020
What the spirit is to man is same as what the Holy Spirit is to God.

Just as how man is a triune being (spirit, soul and flesh), so does the same apply to the God head. After all, we were created in HIS LIKENESS.

The Father - Acts as the Soul of the God head. Makes the decisions, and the others align to His will.

The Son(s) - Yeshua and those filled and led by the Spirit, are the fleshly manifestation of the God head in this realm of existence (earth).

The Holy Spirit - Self explanatory. The Spiritual component of the God head.

I’ll get a short clip audio-visual clip that’ll clarify a lot.

Cheers and Happy Sunday everyone.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 7:38am On Jan 12, 2020
OkCornel:
What the spirit is to man is same as what the Holy Spirit is to God.

Just as how man is a triune being (spirit, soul and flesh), so does the same apply to the God head. After all, we were created in HIS LIKENESS.

The Father - Acts as the Soul of the God head. Makes the decisions, and the others align to His will.

The Son(s) - Yeshua and those filled and led by the Spirit, are the fleshly manifestation of the God head in this realm of existence (earth).

The Holy Spirit - Self explanatory. The Spiritual component of the God head.

I’ll get a short clip audio-visual clip that’ll clarify a lot.

Cheers and Happy Sunday everyone.

Ya happy sunday, would be expecting the clip

Also, many don't understand the concept of spirit, or what a spirit is

Saying that Holy Spirit is to God, what spirit is to man, needs a bit clarification. I know this is in the bible and besides the Spirit of God in Hebrew also means the breadth of God.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by OkCornel(m): 7:43am On Jan 12, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Ya happy sunday, would be expecting the clip

Also, many don't understand the concept of spirit, or what a spirit is

Saying that Holy Spirit is to God, what spirit is to man, needs a bit clarification. I know this is in the bible and besides the Spirit of God in Hebrew also means the breadth of God.

Per the bolded, yes you’re on point.

Here's the video, a 4 minute clip;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNNZO9i1Gjc
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
BlueAngel444:
yes I know this but this,

Now look at that John 3:34 you quoted so God the Father gave God to God

That doesn't make sense yet that's what people believe and something like it's spiritual that y it doesn't make sense... But God is not an author of confusion.

Now if we take has it is written God the Father, the only God gave His Son, Lord, His Holy Spirit

Jesus incarnated as a human being and as such needed the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Jesus depended on the Holy Spirit for empowerment to fulfill his ministry and hence needed to be baptised with the Holy Spirit which took place on the day of his baptism. Jesus began his ministry after the Holy Spirit came upon him. Jesus became a man so he can fulfill the law his messianic role as a man.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Are you calling him God or is it written that the Holy Ghost is God.

Infact I tried looking for where glory or praise was given to the Holy Ghost in Revelations but I found none.
That is not the right way to understand scripture.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Glory or praise needs not to be ascribed to the Holy Spirit separately whenever God is praised the Holy Spirit is praised also because He is God.
Before the new testament Jesus was never accorded praise separately from God, it was only after his incarnation, after he was glorified as the messiah was he praised and worshipped distinctively from God.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by BlueAngel444: 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
solite3:
That is not the right way to understand scripture.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Glory or praise needs not to be ascribed to the Holy Spirit separately whenever God is praised the Holy Spirit is praised also because He is God.
Before the new testament Jesus was never accorded praise separately from God, it was only after his incarnation, after he was glorified as the messiah was he praised and worshipped distinctively from God.
the bolded I agree but this ideology still doesn't seem to me to be scriptural

Paul wrote: test all spirits

Jesus said, do not tempt the Lord thy God

now if they understood that the HolySpirit is God, why would they say test spirits

maybe because there are spirits that claim to be God, and desire worship
Re: Is The Holy Spirit God? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
BlueAngel444:
the bolded I agree but this ideology still doesn't seem to me to be scriptural

Paul wrote: test all spirits

Jesus said, do not tempt the Lord thy God

now if they understood that the HolySpirit is God, why would they say test spirits

maybe because there are spirits that claim to be God, and desire worship
@ bolded that is it.

The teaching is 100% biblical.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Daniel 7:13-14 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

The right to have self exist as the Christ was given to the Son by the Father. The Son given to be the ruler of all things just as the Father is the ruler of all things, note in Rev 4 The angels worshipped God as the creator and ruler of all things but as soon as the son came as the lamb, the worship included not only God being the ruler and creator of all things but the Son being the redeemer of the church.

The Church is the kingdom of The Son for he is the head of the church this is what Jesus meant in John 5 v 26. The Holy Spirit doesnt have such role and is not worshipped separately infact the Holy Spirit glorifies and points to Christ as well as the Father.

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Koran Converted Me To A Christian - Mario Joseph's Conversion Testimony / You Misunderstood Me TB Joshua In New Video On Corona Virus / Apostle Joshua Selman: 1 Hour Warfare Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.