Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' (928 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit God? / Matter, Energy, Spirit, Holy Spirit, God,satan: How Do These Relate ? / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by ifiokjohn(m): 1:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
Happy Sunday Guys.
Please I will like some Bible scholars here to educate me on who is the Holy spirit?
Is the holy spirit God?...If Yes, can God be sent to someone?... Remember Jesus Promising to send the Holy spirit to his disciples. John 14:16.

I went through YouTube videos but I get confused on the person of the holy spirit.

The only thing I got is that the holy Spirit is the Power of God.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by viyon02: 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
Holy spirit is God active force, it is the force God uses to perform his miraculous actions, it is not the God.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by xproducer: 3:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
YES, the Holy Spirit is GOD!

I "speak" very humbly and carefully - yet firmly - in making statements about The Holy, Infinitely Powerful GOD of all - Whose judgments are unsearchable and His ways past finding out (Job 9:10. Romans 11:33).

"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

"Teaching of the Triune God is unique to Christianity and affirms Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as one God in three Persons."

Note what GOD says in the beginning of the creation of this world... "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” - Genesis 1:26

Note that the Apostle Peter in a single context refers to the Holy Spirit as GOD:
"But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” - Acts 5:3–4

+++
There is one baptism in GOD Who is the only Savior! (Isaiah 43:11) -
"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

"Note that The Holy Spirit is listed with Father and Son as “the name” believers are to be baptized into" -
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen." - Matthew 28:19–20

+++

However, note that GOD declares that He is One LORD - “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!" - Deuteronomy 6:4 (Also Zechariah 14:9, Mark 12:29)

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" - James 2:19

Praise GOD for all that He mercifully reveals and gives to mankind, and much more.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 3:28pm On Jul 04, 2021
Jesus tells us in the scriptures that the Holy Spirit will teach, so, direct your question to the Holy Spirit.

He will tell you the truth about himself as He is called the Spirit of truth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by KnownUnknown: 3:59pm On Jul 04, 2021
viyon02:
Holy spirit is God active force, it is not the God.

xproducer:

smiley
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
I will advise you to first find out the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} then look around you to ascertain the group of people in whose gathering God's Holy Spirit is working out what is fine {Matthew 7:16-18} this are the people who can reveal the real identity of God's Holy Spirit that's working in their gathering! James 2:18-26 smiley

ifiokjohn:

Happy Sunday Guys.
Please I will like some Bible scholars here to educate me on who is the Holy spirit?
Is the holy spirit God?...If Yes, can God be sent to someone?... Remember Jesus Promising to send the Holy spirit to his disciples. John 14:16.
I went through YouTube videos but I get confused on the person of the holy spirit.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by perezeghi: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Happy Sunday Guys.

It will do more good if you sit down to study the Holy Bible in such matters than to be wasting your data on Utube.
Even the Scripture you quoted you seem not to understand it. There's so much about the person of the Holy Spirit.
Do your own private study and stay away from religious ideas of people who have no proper knowledge/understanding of who He is.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Happy Sunday Guys.

Jesus Christ said that those who belong to Him , Sons of God, are those taught, not by YouTube or by Mogs or even their neighbors, but by God Himself - Jeremiah 31 vs 34 & John 6 vs John 6 vs 43 - 45 . undecided

If your goal is to know God and belong to God, then you should learn instead to get God to become your one and only Teacher - Matthew 23 vs 6 & John 6 vs 65. undecided
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by ifiokjohn(m): 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ said that those who belong to Him , Sons of God, are those taught, not by YouTube or by Mogs or even their neighbors, but by God Himself - Jeremiah 31 vs 34 & John 6 vs John 6 vs 43 - 45 . undecided

If your goal is to know God and belong to God, then you should learn instead to get God to become your one and only Teacher - Matthew 23 vs 6 & John 6 vs 65. undecided
So how can I communicate to God to tell me the answer
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by ifiokjohn(m): 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
perezeghi:

It will do more good if you sit down to study the Holy Bible in such matters than to be wasting your data on Utube.
Even the Scripture you quoted you seem not to understand it. There's so much about the person of the Holy Spirit.
Do your own private study and stay away from religious ideas of people who have no proper knowledge/understanding of who He is.
Seems you know more pls tell me
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by ifiokjohn(m): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2021
xproducer:

I "speak" very humbly and carefully - yet firmly - in making statements about The Holy, Infinitely Powerful GOD of all - Whose judgments are unsearchable and His ways past finding out (Job 9:10. Romans 11:33).

"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

"Teaching of the Triune God is unique to Christianity and affirms Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as one God in three Persons."

Note what GOD says in the beginning of the creation of this world... "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” - Genesis 1:26

Note that the Apostle Peter in a single context refers to the Holy Spirit as GOD:
"But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.” - Acts 5:3–4

+++
There is one baptism in GOD Who is the only Savior! (Isaiah 43:11) -
"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

"Note that The Holy Spirit is listed with Father and Son as “the name” believers are to be baptized into" -
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen." - Matthew 28:19–20

+++

However, note that GOD declares that He is One LORD - “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!" - Deuteronomy 6:4 (Also Zechariah 14:9, Mark 12:29)

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" - James 2:19

Praise GOD for all that He mercifully reveals and gives to mankind, and much more.

I'm Catholic but I don't believe in that Trinity stuff pls
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I will advise you to first find out the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit {Galatians 5:22-23} then look around you to ascertain the group of people in whose gathering God's Holy Spirit is working out what is fine {Matthew 7:16-18} this are the people who can reveal the real identity of God's Holy Spirit that's working in their gathering! James 2:18-26 smiley

Do you mean this group has replaced the Holy Spirit whom Jesus said to teach
?

1 Like

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2021
ifiokjohn:
So how can I communicate to God to tell me the answer
Ask Him to come be your Teacher and He will ! undecided

Recall that God already installed a piece of Himself in you when He first created man. Disconnected as it may be from Him due to our sins but that piece is stil there waiting for us to sincerely desire the Father apart from all of the lies of men. undecided

God has never been deaf or dumb. He has instead been waiting on us to trust what He says and obey Him. undecided
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by ifiokjohn(m): 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ask Him to come be your Teacher and He will ! undecided

Recall that God already installed a piece of Himself in you when He first created man. Disconnected as it may be from Him due to our sins but that piece is stil there waiting for us to sincerely desire the Father apart from all of the lies of men. undecided

God has never been deaf or dumb. He has instead been waiting on us to trust what He says and obey Him. undecided
Hmm.

Then I'll ask
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
ifiokjohn:
Hmm.
Then I'll ask
Here's the thing! Only those who are taught by God will enter into Heaven. So forget all what you see people doing pretending they do it for God. All these pastors and preachers and priests have nothing to offer anyone undecided

Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him - who will enter into His Heaven- are those taught by His Father. He owns the Kingdom so if you want to enter it, you need to start paying attention to Him and what He says, not what anyone else tells you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by xproducer: 11:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
ifiokjohn:

=====

The Word of GOD / the Holy Bible should be the only source of truth that we should believe... so read for yourself and pray for GOD's guidance.

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." - 2 Peter 1:20-21

2 Likes

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by peggywebbs(f): 8:17am On Jul 06, 2021
That's because you don't understand the concept of trinity. Most people don't understand the term trinity.

It's like saying a trio book...like the twilight movie. They are three different parts but one story.

Trinity represents three different entities that resonate as one. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy spirit. They are seperate beings but from one God. They reflect the Supreme nature of God, one cannot be without the other. Jesus Christ is the word of God, he speaks only what the Father says and does what his Father does.

The Holy Spirit, is given to us, as a guidance. He represents the spirit of God dwelling in us. Jesus was the Word made flesh. The Father, The Word and The Spirit.

I hope this explains it better. So don't confuse it as saying that Jesus Christ is God the Father and also the Holy Spirit, it represents completeness. They are seperate but work as one.

ifiokjohn:
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16am On Jul 06, 2021
Thanks for the concern!
First of all God's Holy Spirit is not coming to teach everyone otherwise Jesus wouldn't have ordered his some to teach others {Matthew 28:20 compare Hebrews 13:7} Jesus foretold that in the last days many people will rise with the intention of TEACHING others God's word {Matthew 24:11} but you will know those having God's Holy Spirit by what they're able to achieve! Matthew 5:13-16, 7:16-18

May you have PEACE! smiley

MightySparrow:

Do you mean this group has replaced the Holy Spirit whom Jesus said to teach
?
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 11:20am On Jul 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Thanks for the concern!
First of all God's Holy Spirit is not coming to teach everyone otherwise Jesus wouldn't have ordered his some to teach others {Matthew 28:20 compare Hebrews 13:7} Jesus foretold that in the last days many people will rise with the intention of TEACHING others God's word {Matthew 24:11} but you will know those having God's Holy Spirit by what they're able to achieve! Matthew 5:13-16, 7:16-18

May you have PEACE! smiley

Thanks for the contribution, I John 2: 27.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:27am On Jul 06, 2021
You're welcome! smiley

MightySparrow:

Thanks for the contribution, I John 2: 27.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 12:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You're welcome! smiley

I was waiting for you to say your GB provides the 'anointing' for teaching.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2021
God has always used imperfect humans to lead His people. In the first century He anointed few Jews with his Holy Spirit and this were teaching themselves the requirements.
The work of God's Holy Spirit is to direct them on the next step to take in every situation.
And once the spirit has given them the sign all of them follow whatever has been decided upon by those taking the lead! Act 4:42

Note what the first century Governing Body said in a letter addressed to the whole congragations regarding a serious issue that rose back then:

"For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things" Act 15:28

Do you notice that the Holy Spirit was dealing directly with just the Governing Body back in the first century?
Do you also notice that they're the ones teaching other Christians the requirements?

I told you this book (Bible) belongs to JWs and it's only within their gathering that you can find the practical applications of what you're reading in the Bible. As for others they will continue to scatter contradicting themselves! Luke 11:23 smiley

MightySparrow:

I was waiting for you to say your GB provides the 'anointing' for teaching.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God has always used imperfect humans to lead His people. In the first century He anointed few Jews with his Holy Spirit and this were teaching themselves the requirements.
The work of God's Holy Spirit is to direct them on the next step to take in every situation.
And once the spirit has given them the sign all of them follow whatever has been decided upon by those taking the lead! Act 4:42

Note what the first century Governing Body said in a letter addressed to the whole congragations regarding a serious issue that rose back then:

"For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things" Act 15:28

Do you notice that the Holy Spirit was dealing directly with just the Governing Body back in the first century?
Do you also notice that they're the ones teaching other Christians the requirements?

I told you this book (Bible) belongs to JWs and it's only within their gathering that you can find the practical applications of what you're reading in the Bible. As for others they will continue to scatter contradicting themselves! Luke 11:23 smiley

Hahahahehehe I laugh in your native language.

So, your GB only have The Holy Spirit.
The Bible belongs only to JW with practical application.
Hahaha.
It is good to sing your own praise.

Brother, this is delusion.

I once belonged to a denomination, where we believe that we own God.
Delusion of abysmal dimension bro/ neighbour.

1 Like

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
I know it will boil down to DELUSION even when you're seeing people from different races throughout the earth been carried along in LOVE JOY and PEACE! cheesy

MightySparrow:

Hahahahehehe I laugh in your native language. So, your GB only have The Holy Spirit. The Bible belongs only to JW with practical application.
Hahaha.
It is good to sing your own praise.
Brother, this is delusion.
I once belonged to a denomination, where we believe that we own God.
Delusion of abysmal dimension bro/ neighbour.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I know it will boil down to DELUSION even when you're seeing people from different races throughout the earth been carried along in LOVE JOY and PEACE! cheesy

Joyfully and peacefully basking in delusion.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:09pm On Jul 07, 2021
MightySparrow:

Joyfully and peacefully basking in delusion.

It's OK, since your faith is dying:

MightySparrow:
The whole story of redemption somehow not logical.It generates much questions than answers it intends to proffer.
Why would a third party die for a sin not committed?
Why Jesus? Why didn't God destroy the Devil for once? Theologians in the house over to you.

You feel everyone's faith should die like yours, shey?

Well God's word has foretold a time when false religions will not be able to keep their adherents under bondage again {Revelations 6:16-17} but then JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will continue to praise their God with one voice! Zephaniah 3:9
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 7:22pm On Jul 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK, since your faith is dying:

You feel everyone's faith should die like yours, shey?

Well God's word has foretold a time when false religions will not be able to keep their adherents under bondage again {Revelations 6:16-17} but then JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES will continue to praise their God with one voice! Zephaniah 3:9

That is a thought from deluded mind: nobody has given you any right to judge another person's faith neither do you have the instrument for measuring faith. It is just a product of indoctrination and serious delusion to assume the position of a judge.
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2021
MightySparrow:

That is a thought from deluded mind: nobody has given you any right to judge another person's faith neither do you have the instrument for measuring faith. It is just a product of indoctrination and serious delusion to assume the position of a judge.

Well until you find answer to your question!

These are my fellow believers from different races!

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:12pm On Jul 07, 2021
@ MightySparrow

God's faithful people who are globally united in one line of thought {John 17:20-23 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10} are having their convention on line today! smiley

Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
@ MightySparrow

God's faithful people who are globally united in one line of thought {John 17:20-23 compare to 1Corinthians 1:10} are having their convention on line today! smiley
Faithful to GB
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:00am On Jul 08, 2021
If you're not faithful to the Governing Body in our midst you're half dead because God's holy spirit will fish you out.
Ananias and Sapphira were killed by God's holy spirit because they were unfaithful to the first century Governing Body's arrangement! smiley

MightySparrow:

Faithful to GB
Re: Is The Holy Spirit 'god?' by MightySparrow: 9:00am On Jul 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If you're not faithful to the Governing Body in our midst you're half dead because God's holy spirit will fish you out.
Ananias and Sapphira were killed by God's holy spirit because they were unfaithful to the first century Governing Body's arrangement! smiley

God`s Holy Spirit only related with the GB, that is why Stephen Lett said he knows knows those among 144,000 and even gives condition for those that will no be picked. Is that not delusion?
How many Ananias and Sapphiras have your GB fished out by Holy Spirit? People that are victimized complain about manhunting not any act of Holy Spirit.
What's is your take?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Horemow International December Conference 2021 (14th - 17th) / Numerology, Spirituality And Decoding Words. / Women More Religious Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.