Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 (45409 Views)

Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / Paul Okikijesu 2020 Prophecy: Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo To Die & Not Make Heaven / Bishop Oyedepo To Establish 5,000 Churches Across The World In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by m140(m): 11:37am On Jan 12, 2020
stonemasonn:
My factory is on the way, I don't need to give tithes to succeed.
Lolzzzzz
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by m140(m): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2020
stonemasonn:
My factory is on the way, I don't need to give tithes to succeed.
Lolzzzzz, you just building if wat you said was true, but you Don dey point fingers. As you build finish pay your workers the same you will pay you
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by NaijaHeadlines: 11:43am On Jan 12, 2020
Hmm..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Luckysbab: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Church is largely a private affair built around mutual belief and as long as they aren't taking your money forcefully, the concept of taxing churches is extremely stupid idea. Let's focus on our taxes being used to build mosques in Jigawa, Sokoto and Kano.

How foolish!

So the politicians stealing the national cake to finance these churches should not be looked into?

Or does tithing exclude stolen funds?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by desiredhome: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Church is largely a private affair built around mutual belief and as long as they aren't taking your money forcefully, the concept of taxing churches is extremely stupid idea. Let's focus on our taxes being used to build mosques in Jigawa, Sokoto and Kano.
And still clime,poverty and wickedness are in the increase
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Cutehector(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2020
Scam!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2020
grandiose4ever:
I had a thought recently about the Nigerian religious space and economy and I feel sad that Nigeria is not exploiting the benefits of christianedom enough.

One can choose to look Churches from two angles as a govt. A charity or special subset of the service sector - in most cases it should be viewed as Charity. In some other cases it can help if viewed as a service. As a charity it should be tax free, as a service it should pay taxes(5% - 10%) and improve economy.

Since Churches seem to have very strong liquidity and cash flow from foreign countries - they can be encouraged to venture into other areas of the economy.

Case study: when govt liberated higher education and allowed new entrants. Winners Chapel obtained a license in 2002 for Covenant and within 20 years overtook Nigeria's first University of Ibadan founded in 1945.

I have a feeling if they ventured into healthcare and other sectors they would equally succeed.

Good reasoning
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by oluwasegun007(m): 11:58am On Jan 12, 2020
OmoOshodi:
the whole planet

God bless you for that response...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Banky16(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
We as citizens of this country should be careful with the men of God oo. Am no saying is not go to spread the word of God. These are political men of God.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by rotile247(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Very apt submission and nicely put.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kingxsamz(m): 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
gosmoney:
sand in one place and continue hating why they are moving forward

And while the country keeps moving backwards. grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by einsteine(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
shadeyinka:

You can't help but expose your dummy like faculty in reasoning.

GOSPEL was not a revelation neither is it a BOOK, it is a message. Gospel an old English word for Evangelio a Greek word meaning "GOOD NEWS"!

Gospel (/ˈɡɒspəl/) is the Old English translation of Greek εὐαγγέλιον, meaning "good news". ... The written accounts of the life and teaching of Jesus are also generally known as "Gospels".

FYI,
Only the Qur'an was revealed/dictated. If you know any other scripture that is dictated, let me know!

The Book of Mormon was also dictated.

You religious people spill thrash as if you have proof for your assertions
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by RICHMAN247(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
Biafrarep:
No problem. Other continents are making exploits in technology, health, research etc and in the process reducing poverty, disease, societal ills to make humanity a better place but what do we have in Africa? Highly religious people that are ironically very far from God!
All we are after here is how to build the highest capacity church/mosque, plant the most church/mosque branches, wasting money and man hours while enriching Saudi Arabia in the name of pilgrimage, killing others everyday in the name of honoring some god, wasting man hours in the name of crusades/revivals/night vigils etc yet evil continues to soar across the land.

We have become the world's poverty capital for a reason!
We are today housing the world's two deadliest terror groups for a reason!
We are today suffering all manner of crises for a reason!
We are doomed going forward because we have refused to evolve like normal humans!
According to Charles Darwin's theory, those that fail to evolve will ultimately go extinct and their is no doubt we are already going extinct!
Bible warned us that people die because of lack of knowledge yet we have refused to be reasonable!

We are already poverty stricken but these stinkingly rich pastors keep warning us of Doom befalling us if we refuse to hand over 10% of our widow's might to them!!

They can build 1 million churches, buy 10 private jets, and enjoy their heaven while still here on Earth but promise us our own heaven when we die.

God have mercy on us and deliver us from uignorance and lack of knowledge!!!
You are so ignorant. It's high time our government start learning from the church system expansion. If I should ask. How many companies has the government built in the past three years?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kingxsamz(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Focus dis strength on ur life,. So ur life can be better.......

If u think, dey r stealing from people,. Go and open ur own church, and let's see.

Chai.
See as I dey pity you.
With all that guy wrote, you still didn't see any sense in it.
Religion has really dealt with you.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Godonyeka: 12:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Indeed there is a God, a living God
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by RexTramadol1: 12:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
Employment creation

Very good of him

Even Government no dey recruit reach 12k people
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kingxsamz(m): 12:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Rebuke:

Go and tell yhur government. Beside, what are yhu doing and how much have yhu contributed to the growth of this country?

Abi na only noise yhu wey won dey make on the Internet for yhur life?

Mental slavery.
I know you'll always defend your daddy.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kingxsamz(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
Antoeni:
*America has the biggest economy on earth not the biggest Church
*Germany has the biggest economy in Europe not the biggest church
*America has the biggest factory on earth not the biggest church
*Rwanda has the cleanest city on earth not the biggest church
*China has the highest number of Billionaire not the biggest church
*China has the biggest airport in the world not the biggest church
*Dubai has the tallest building and the largest man Island in the world not the biggest church
*Of the most visited Tourist site on earth none is in Nigeria, not even the biggest church in Abuja attracts tourists. They are not interested of course.
*Nigeria has the biggest church in the world;
It has the most corrupt politicians
It has the the highest number of churches and Pastors, It has the most unimaginable citizens, it has the most divided ethnic groups, the most prayerful people and yet the most inconsiderate at the same time.
*Nigeria is home to the biggest church, the world's poorest citizens and yet 8 out of 20 wealthiest Pastors on earth are from this annexed contraption called Nigeria.

Is anyone still wondering why we are as backward as a people more than ever before, then ask yourself why these countries with the biggest stuff don't have the biggest church.

I stop here, so that i could let you use your natural App inside your cranium called brain for a moment to think about this.

Bro, don't disturb yourself.
A lot of people on this thread have made up their minds to remain foolish forever.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Expert17: 12:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
kingxsamz:

Chai.
See as I dey pity you.
With all that guy wrote, you still didn't see any sense in it.
Religion has really dealt with you.

Oyedepo shud build factories,.... hospitals, etc....... The same oyedepo repair Federal Roads, employ millions of Nigeria, build schools.......

Wats d function of BUHARI, ur state governor, ur local government chairman, senators....... D people u voted for.......

U shud divert ur FRUSTRATION elsewhere... because dis s just d beginning.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Dshocker(m): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2020
profnigga:
God bless ur handwork sir.

more annointing.

God can never bless his hand work,because he is only setting up branches to make more money for himself,not to win souls for God...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Dshocker(m): 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
profnigga:
God bless ur handwork sir.

more annointing.

i pray you open your eyes
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by wman(m): 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
chronique:
I don't know what Christianity is turning into in Nigeria but one thing I know is that some of these people running churches are becoming daft by the day. I'm not going to talk about Oyedepo cos in fairness to winners chapel, you don't see their branches littering the place up and down. But I have a problem with RCCG where I worship. I attend a small local church that is few buildings away from my house and we are still struggling to build the church to look beffiting. But guess what? In December, RCCG went to plant another church on the same street. This is a street that has less than 40 buildings/houses and already has at least 3 churches on it(including 1 RCCG branch). The various streets leading to this my street also has at least 3 different branches of RCCG. These branches are never filled up on sundays and the only one that gets filled is the very small one that looks like a kiosk. When I assess the whole thing, I begin to wonder if the people responsible for doing these traded their brains for food and money. How do you keep engaging in capital projects that are not fully utilized? How do you plant a new branch of a church on a small street that has a struggling branch of the same church? These days, if you want to see people display acute stupidity, just go to the church.

I have the same problem with RCCG. In my house, you can hear the sounds of 3 RCCG churches on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The once large communal RCCG church in my area is now a shadow of itself. The members have been split into different tiny churches. A lot of these churches struggle to fuel their gens and cater for other expenses.

You'll see numerous RCCG churches less than 5 minutes away from each other.

It's just crazy.

You ask the members, they'll tell you the General Overseer has a vision.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by bezimo(m): 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
Breaking Limit....Great Great!! This instruction is as commanded by God and I am excited about it..10,000 pastor jovs will be created and paid almost I billion on a monthly basis.. That's economic value creation...

Let the useless Federal Govt that have been elected and have tax payers money use that money to build infrastructure and create industries..and more Jobs.. Bishop is contributing his quota.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by bezimo(m): 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
grandiose4ever:
I had a thought recently about the Nigerian religious space and economy and I feel sad that Nigeria is not exploiting the benefits of christianedom enough.

One can choose to look Churches from two angles as a govt. A charity or special subset of the service sector - in most cases it should be viewed as Charity. In some other cases it can help if viewed as a service. As a charity it should be tax free, as a service it should pay taxes(5% - 10%) and improve economy.

Since Churches seem to have very strong liquidity and cash flow from foreign countries - they can be encouraged to venture into other areas of the economy.

Case study: when govt liberated higher education and allowed new entrants. Winners Chapel obtained a license in 2002 for Covenant and within 20 years overtook Nigeria's first University of Ibadan founded in 1945.

I have a feeling if they ventured into healthcare and other sectors they would equally succeed.

Why should he...what is govt doing with oil revenue and tax payers money..so church should come and and do their job for them..abi
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by pacespot(m): 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
m140:

How much was extorted from you yourself?

Sheeple spotted
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kingxsamz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Expert17:

Oyedepo shud build factories,.... hospitals, etc....... The same oyedepo repair Federal Roads, employ millions of Nigeria, build schools.......

Wats d function of BUHARI, ur state governor, ur local government chairman, senators....... D people u voted for.......

U shud divert ur FRUSTRATION elsewhere... because dis s just d beginning.

Lol, who's frustrated.
I'm just sad over the foolishness of you people.
If they're not going to use people's tithes to build schools, industries and create jobs for the average youth, then they should stop building churches in every corner, creating nuisance and noise...
There are over 15 churches in my street, sometimes it is hard for one to rest, as the speakers being mounted are a source of noise pollution. One can't even enjoy a quiet journey in a bus without someone threatening him with hellfire if he doesn't repent.
If you can't see that religion has brainwashed more than half of the country's populace, and has no atom of usefulness to the society, then I'm sorry, your case is different.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kingxsamz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by bezimo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
skyhighweb:
if i was d president of ng, church building will end, any new church built will b destroyed n d land taken n turned to sch or hospital

You can't even smell local govt secretary sef. who dash monkey banana..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by bezimo(m): 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
SaintLucia:

RICHEST CHURCHES IN THE WORLD:

1- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- $67.0 billon

2- Catholic Church - $30 billion +

3- Catholic Church Australia- $20.9 billion

4- Catholic Church Germany- $25.0 billion

5-Church of England $7.8 billion

6-Opus Dei (part of the Catholic Church) Italy- $2.8 billon

7-Church of Scientology- $2.0 billon

``NOW OBSERVE THAT THERE IS NO.....

RCCG
Winners
Christ Embassy
Synagogue
*No Pentecostal church at all*.

RICHEST PASTORS IN THE WORLD:
1 Bishop Oyedepo - $150 Million
2 Bishop TD Jakes - $147 Million
3 Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - $50 Million
4 Pastor Benny Hinn - $42 Million
5 Pastor Adeboye - $39 Million
6 Pastor Creflo Dollar - $27 Million (He used to be #1)
7 Pastor Kenneth Copeland - $25 Million
8 Evangelist Billy Graham - $25 Million
9 Prophet TB Joshua - $10 Million
10 Pastor Joseph Prince - $5 Million

*Observe again that none of the 4 richest churches mentioned have their leaders on this list of the Richest Pastors.*

The Pope is not there.
The Arch Bishop of Canterbury is not there.
The Bishop of Opus Dei is not there.
The Director of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not there.

```NOW OBSERVE AGAIN.```

*6* out of the *10 Richest Pastors* are *blacks* , with *their congregation being predominantly black* .

4 out of the 10 richest Pastors have their *churches in Nigeria, the poverty capital of the world, the 147th most corrupt nation of the world, the home to the second deadliest terrorist group, the most unsafe place to give birth to in the world.*

Observe as well that the Richest Churches are situated in

1- USA
2- Vatican City
3- England

These are amongst the safest, less corrupt and most prosperous Nations.

*What a Paradox!! Jesus Christ fed the multitude, but in Nigeria the multitude feed the Men of God and General Overseers.*

_BBC Africa_
Source of Data used: Wikipedia

Do you know the worth if Winners chapel..i am not sure you do..That data is old data of over 10years ago and not current
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Duru009(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
More GRACE my Father !!

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Teymanhenry(f): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
how I wish our Church overseers will live their lives like the good Samaritan
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
There is so much money in mind-control business. Once hooked, a sheep can pay weekly for the rest of his/her Life.

I do not think, but rather I know strongly, that this is the Highest Yahoo Yahoo ever designed by the Vatican, and it has gone out of their hands much.

Right now, anyone and I mean anyone can spread the net and catch plenty of fishes.

Anything done in the Name of God, must sell market.

If God of Christianity does not call me at retirement, I must call myself.

There is so much money in this business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / View Christian Free-to-air Channels / Winners Chapel Aka Living Faith Glorify Satan, Illuminati And Freemasonry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.