Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,027 members, 7,845,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. (3468 Views)

2023: Leave APC Before It’s Too Late –Bamgbose Tells Igbo Presidential Aspirants / 2023: Forces Against Igbo Presidency At Work – Okorocha / Sovereign Wealth Fund: More Lies From Presidency At Ramadan – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Area4Area: 12:15am On Jan 13, 2020
DMerciful:
But did you support massob then inspite of their peaceful nature? They were also criticized by Lagos-Ibadan press! You are saying massob never insulted anybody, but if Igbos leave IPOB and embrace massob, massob becomes your new enemy!
Declare and get your Biafra first before you start derailing and boring me with unnecessary stories, get Biafra now so we all can rest
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by DMerciful(m): 12:17am On Jan 13, 2020
Where in Nigeria are you from? I wanna know if your from a minority tribe that's afraid of where their fate will lie when Nigeria eventually balkanize
Area4Area:
Fine and cool, declare your Biafra already and you can become the first casualty and Nigerian on both sides would celebrate you as a hero
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Area4Area: 12:19am On Jan 13, 2020
DMerciful:
But he could speak for himself na? Who is patronizing him now?
Oh, because you dont want Oduduwa republic,
you wanna act as stumbling block? Pikin wey say him mama nor go rest himself nor go rest. If you do not see the influx of Igbos in the SW as a threat, dey there.....until you become minority in Lagos!
Did he tell you he wanted Oduduwa republic? Why not declare and get your Biafra from Lagos, make sure you add it into the map of Biafra so that other Nigerians can evacuate the place for Biafrans, you are boring me already abeg.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Area4Area: 12:21am On Jan 13, 2020
DMerciful:
Where in Nigeria are you from? I wanna know if your from a minority tribe that's afraid of where their fate will lie when Nigeria eventually balkanize
Promise me that it would get you your Biafra and I'll tell you, a promise from me. Derailing anyway
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by 0monnak0da: 12:27am On Jan 13, 2020
DMerciful:
I dont know if you're from SW but if you say nobody is happy, is that not enough reason to self determine? Oyo state alone is bigger than many European countries so what's the issue here? Why dont you see Biafra as a way of achieving Oduduwa republic when you have Lagos as an economic hub, oil in lagos and indo and other resources which guarantees that SW will be atleast 3 times more successful than it is today. I like the Southwesterners but their seeming reluctance to independence or change is worrying.
The reason there may be war if Biafra is declared is if Oduduwa, middle belt are unable to declare same time. Declare same time and the military looses the power to fight!
We do not have the same worldview
We are not prone to impulsive actions that can cost lives
You consider that bravery but we differ
We do not understand the nature and timing of IPOB"S approach.
Why 2016 but not 2013

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by 0monnak0da: 12:45am On Jan 13, 2020
There was nothing stopping Nnamdi Kanu visiting every State House of Assembly to ask for suuport for a referendum. Likely he would have been received politely without necessarily getting their support . Also pursuing other channels of dialogue. But no,
one of the first videos we saw was one where he appeared to solicit arms whilst in the US.His radio broadcasts achieved profound notoriety.
So he appeared intent of incitement to hatred and violence. Calling Nigeria a zoo etc.
Was that necessary? At that time? It is puzzling in itself and puzzling that many Ibos fo not seem to read the mood of other Nigerians. It is autistic.
Why not seek partnerships?
Instead he is publishing maps of Biafra?
So we have to conclude he will strive to achieve Biafra by force.
Realistically how do you expect the Nigerian state to react?

That is why we call you childish

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by 0monnak0da: 1:05am On Jan 13, 2020
DMerciful:
I dont know if you're from SW but if you say nobody is happy, is that not enough reason to self determine? Oyo state alone is bigger than many European countries so what's the issue here? Why dont you see Biafra as a way of achieving Oduduwa republic when you have Lagos as an economic hub, oil in lagos and indo and other resources which guarantees that SW will be atleast 3 times more successful than it is today. I like the Southwesterners but their seeming reluctance to independence or change is worrying.
The reason there may be war if Biafra is declared is if Oduduwa, middle belt are unable to declare same time. Declare same time and the military looses the power to fight!

Go back and read what you quoted

I said

We must act RATIONALLY.

Based on reality
NOT
Impulsively acting on emotions.
That means do not start a military fight BECAUSE it is " Just"

Especially

When it is clear you will be defeated.

Sadly Nnamdi Kanu has rallied his followers around themes of hatred for Yoruba.
Then you project that into Nigerians saying they hate you?

Is that how rational strategists act ?

2 Likes

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by gidgiddy: 1:37am On Jan 13, 2020
0monnak0da:

Did they have a referendum when Russia was created.?

Did the indigenous people of America have a referendum before The US was founded?
Or Brazil?

Nations have been founded by force since time immemorial.

That is why we say you are sentimental and reason like children.
Deal with the reality in front of you rationally.

The truth is that Zik who had an elected mandate represented you in independence talks so do not distort history .
If you are unaware research it

Having said that it is your choice and prerogative to opt out.

You tried the Biafra war It did NOT WORK.

So think rationally about an approach that might work.
Anger is not a strategy?

People have been evacuated from their ancestral lands since the beginning of time.

The US still has indigenous folk who are now in the minority just like South America and Australia

The Palestinians were kicked out of their land to create the State of Israel.

Do you think that cannot happen to you?
Do not believe that the Nigerian state cannot evacuate iboland and repopulate it it with IDPs from Borno.
It you do not have guns learn how to act like a fool till you do and dispense with impotent pride .

Nothing wrong with your agitation in principle but you must have a strategy.

If Nnamdi Kanu is whom you believe to be your Moses then you deserve pity.

You are a confused people.

In 2015 it was
GEJ till 2019
Now it is lefelendum or death?

Yes Countries, not Nations, are created by force. They question is, why do they have to remain together by force? Especially after after the colonial masters have left? I personally believe that Britain should have conducted a referendum before they left in 1960, for everyone to decide if they want to continue with their colonial contraption called Nigeria, but they never did that.

Nations are created by consensus, and even after that nation is created, the constituent parts still reserve the right to agitate to opt out if they feel it is not working for them. Even our colonial masters, Britain, recognised that right when they gave Northern Ireland a referendum in 1971, and Scotland, in 2014. The very people who made you a "Nigerian" are not against breaking up because they are civilised.

But you they made a "Nigerian" is prepared to fight civil war, declare python dance, kill many people, over a simple matter others use referendum to settle. Thats because you are not civilised

The indigenous people of America you are talking about, America gave them "Reservations" where they exercise a high degree of autonomy and self rule so using them as an example is stupid

Stop talking about Zik, he is only one man, same as Nnamdi Kanu. Democracy is not based on what one person wants. Democracy is about what the majority wants. Thats why referendums are conducted to let people decide.

This is not about Nnamdi Kanu, this is about what me and my fellow Igbos want. Do the majority of Igbos want to be part if Nigeria or not? Only a referendum will answer that question.

Nnamdi Kanu is only agitating that such referendum be allowed and he is backed by Article 1 of the UN charter and Article 20 of the African charter that Nigeria has signed up to.
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Nobody: 1:54am On Jan 13, 2020
IPOB doesn't represent Ndi Igbo
Average Igbo is not agitating for Biafra .

Are Igbos clamouring for the presidency? I haven't seen any evidence of that either .

1 Like

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Area4Area: 2:10am On Jan 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

Yes Countries, not Nations, are created by force. They question is, why do they have to remain together by force? Especially after after the colonial masters have left? I personally believe that Britain should have conducted a referendum before they left in 1960, for everyone to decide if they want to continue with their colonial contraption called Nigeria, but they never did that.

Nations are created by consensus, and even after that nation is created, the constituent parts still reserve the right to agitate to opt out if they feel it is not working for them. Even our colonial masters, Britain, recognised that right when they gave Northern Ireland a referendum in 1971, and Scotland, in 2014. The very people who made you a "Nigerian" are not against breaking up because they are civilised.

But you they made a "Nigerian" is prepared to fight civil war, declare python dance, kill many people, over a simple matter others use referendum to settle. Thats because you are not civilised

The indigenous people of America you are talking about, America gave them "Reservations" where they exercise a high degree of autonomy and self rule so using them as an example is stupid

Stop talking about Zik, he is only one man, same as Nnamdi Kanu. Democracy is not based on what one person wants. Democracy is about what the majority wants. Thats why referendums are conducted to let people decide.

This is not about Nnamdi Kanu, this is about what me and my fellow Igbos want. Do the majority of Igbos want to be part if Nigeria or not? Only a referendum will answer that question.

Nnamdi Kanu is only agitating that such referendum be allowed and he is backed by Article 1 of the UN charter and Article 20 of the African charter that Nigeria has signed up to.

I already knew that your UN charter would eventually come up as usual, why not evoke it and declare your referendum and secession all at once.

You and other Igbos are now governed by laws equally signed by Igbos before independence, if the Igbos then weren't happy with the state of things then, they ought to have questioned their representatives they voted for. Whatever the Igbos signed then is binding on you today.

Zik was not the only representative the people of the old Eastern region voted for, there were other reps too so he wasn't running a one man show, who voted Kanu and IPOB to represent and speak for the Igbos?

Igbos have their states that are governed by Igbos, if you want any change to the status quo, you can still effect it diplomatically.

The Brits made you a Nigerian and Igbos of the time agreed to it so that makes you a Nigerian and if you don't like it, dump the Nigerian passport and go naturalise elsewhere.

Why not go to any component part of the US, France etc and say you want a referendum for secession since they're all democracies and everyone or group must have the right to opt in or out as they please?

1 Like

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Nobody: 2:40am On Jan 13, 2020
tartar9:

I don't think you have that right under the Nigerian constitution.Moreover,you guys ain't serious about having an independence referendum.If that's what you want then seek it through the proper channels.Should we be giving a referendum anytime any group emerges and are good at holding protest or setting up radio channels with their hate speeches against other Nigerians.

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by 0monnak0da: 2:43am On Jan 13, 2020
Area4Area:
The Nigerian constitution allows for the freedom to protest but not for treasonable acts, referendum and secession are treasonable offences under the law of Nigeria so you can't hide under the freedom to protest to commit the crime.

A threat to life is a criminal act under our law whether the threat was acted upon or not, you do not need to be armed or not, a first year law student or a police recruit can explain better to you.

Open another thread for your herdsmen and stop muddling up issues and trying to derail.

IPOB is a terrorist group and you can go argue it in the court of law, nairaland can't help your case in any way.

@the bolded, since IPOB feels it has the right to decide its decision without the input of the people it is professing to speak for, is it still a democratic movement? You can see how you elevated IPOB's right to determine what they want and damning what the people may want. Let IPOB speak for itself and leave the great Igbo people to speak for themselves too, I can't remember at any time when Igbos appealed to IPOB to speak for them.

We have Igbos in BZM, BIM etc and when have they all given IPOB the right to speak for them and other Igbos, have they been consulted and they gave their blessings? Why must IPOB take it as their God given right to speak for everyone?

IPOB should know this is a precipice for a civil war within Biafra if it is granted independence today
I do not quite agree that calling for secession or referendum is treason or even unlawful?
MASSOB have been doing that for ever.
IPOB have crossed the line
What is unlawful is to seek that goal by force of arms.
There is nothing prohibiting the formation of a political prth to achieve that goal or to lobby elected representatives for a referendum.

In order to have a referendum an Act of the National Assembly would suffice.
However the outcome of such referendum may only have advisory force unless there is a constitutional change depending on whether the referendum issue requires constitutional change
In short if the correct legal framework is not in place the outcome may be unenforceable
Sometimes government has the power to carry out specific actions but chooses to take the matter to referendum a good example is BREXIT.
Even after that there was no legal duty to comply

1 Like

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Area4Area: 7:17am On Jan 13, 2020
0monnak0da:

I do not quite agree that calling for secession or referendum is treason or even unlawful?
MASSOB have been doing that for ever.
IPOB have crossed the line
What is unlawful is to seek that goal by force of arms.
There is nothing prohibiting the formation of a political prth to achieve that goal or to lobby elected representatives for a referendum.

In order to have a referendum an Act of the National Assembly would suffice.
However the outcome of such referendum may only have advisory force unless there is a constitutional change depending on whether the referendum issue requires constitutional change
In short if the correct legal framework is not in place the outcome may be unenforceable
Sometimes government has the power to carry out specific actions but chooses to take the matter to referendum a good example is BREXIT.
Even after that there was no legal duty to comply
You made some valid points there, thanks.
I for one wouldn't have accepted that a call for referendum to secede should be deemed a criminal act but it was signed into law by Ironsi as the military head of state and what was the reaction of the Igbos then, why did they keep quiet without condemning the act is still a big question today which most Igbos shy away from.
This is one of the sins he committed against the Nigerian state.
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by BabaRamota1980: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2020
Quite honestly, from the look of things I dont see how Ibo is going to win concensus and be flagbearer for either of APC or PDP in 2023.

The bottom line is that for a party to win the national victory it needs a candidate with a wide network capable of pulling in numbers.

PDP put the clause for rotation in its manifesto back when it was the mega party to beat, APC was not a competitor.

They have had a rethink since 2015, and in 2019 they realized how deep a factor ethnicity plays into the numbers.

If you turn off certain ethnicities you equally turn off numbers, and if they are in majority of registered voters they can deny victory to your candidate. Its simple!

PDP know the reason it won Oyo was not because Makinde was loved but because Ajimobi was not liked. It is same reason not because Buhari was loved but Jonathan turned people off that were majority percentage of registered voters.....the numbers!

Who can pull numbers in 2023? This is what APC and PDP will calculate into its choice of candidate.

So assuming Ibo would like to be the candidate, who in Iboland has a political networkscapable of bringing numbers and victory?

1 Like

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by enemybulldozer(m): 8:02am On Jan 13, 2020
Area4Area:
Pathetic indeed, before GEJ lost, 99.9% didn't know who Kanu or IPOB was, immediately he lost, Biafra became their anthem.
2019, before Atiku lost, they forgot about Biafra and immediately he lost they remembered their first love Biafra again.
IPOB is just messing up with their brains and I only pity genuine and hardworking Igbos who could be caught in between if anything happens.
This your useless rants all over NL on a daily basis can never stop biafra from coming. We know that if people like you have supernatural powers, the first thing you lots would have done is to erase biafra in our hearts.
You are a liar and a propagandist. Biafra agitation has nothing to do with GEJ lost. But have everything to do with buhari and his style of government.
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by enemybulldozer(m): 8:08am On Jan 13, 2020
Area4Area:
I for one wouldn't have accepted that a call for referendum to secede should be deemed a criminal act but it was signed into law by Ironsi as the military head of state and what was the reaction of the Igbos then, why did they keep quiet without condemning the act is still a big question today which most Igbos shy away from.
OK, it's now ironsi not Zik anymore?? Tomorrow you will say it's ojukwu or mbazulike amachi.
Continue Mr Afonja propagandist.
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by enemybulldozer(m): 8:11am On Jan 13, 2020
GenBuhari:
IPOB doesn't represent Ndi Igbo
Average Igbo is not agitating for Biafra .

Are Igbos clamouring for the presidency? I haven't seen any evidence of that either .
Says an Afonja from waste lands.
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by enemybulldozer(m): 8:15am On Jan 13, 2020
DMerciful:
Stop asking him such question. Area4Area is an Afonja. If you doubt me takeout time and go through his posts you will find out he is against anything Igbo.

1 Like

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by 0monnak0da: 8:49am On Jan 13, 2020
Area4Area:
I am sorry I am not buying that Ironsi story?
Even if he signed such a large tha doe not mean it subsis to this day

That is simply untrue
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by gidgiddy: 9:15am On Jan 13, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

So assuming Ibo would like to be the candidate, who in Iboland has a political networkscapable of bringing numbers and victory?

The presidency of Nigeria is not the most important thing to the Igbo nation at the moment, there are other things more important than that. Ohanaeze President, John Nwodo, said it clearly in a recent interview that an Igbo president who is operating under a "jaundiced" 1999 constitution, which nobody agreed to, would be useless.

The Presidency of Nigeria is only attractive to those who depend heavily on government. Buhari will be in office for 8 years but his NW zone has a much higher rate of crime, insecurity, illiteracy, underdevelopment and poverty than the SE. Not less than 3 Presidents have been produced by the NW yet they have an 80% poverty rate compared to less than 35% in the SE.

We have a constitution that did not originate from the people, we have a system of government that is defective, we claim to operate a federation when we dont, and all some people can think of is the Presidency of Nigeria that has never helped the common man on the streets

1 Like

Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by Area4Area: 9:21am On Jan 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

The presidency of Nigeria is not the most important thing to the Igbo nation at the moment, there are other things more important than that. Ohanaeze President, John Nwodo, said it clearly in a recent interview that an Igbo president who is operating under a "jaundiced" 1999 constitution, which nobody agreed to, would be useless.

The Presidency of Nigeria is only attractive to those who depend heavily on government. Buhari will be in office for 8 years but his NW zone has a much higher rate of crime, insecurity, illiteracy, underdevelopment and poverty than the SE. Not less than 3 Presidents have been produced by the NW yet they have an 80% poverty rate compared to less than 35% in the SE.

We have a constitution that did not originate from the people, we have a system of government that is defective, we claim to operate a federation when we dont, and all some people can think of is the Presidency of Nigeria that has never helped the common man on the streets
.....but you Atikulated in the last election, why did you when you already knew all this?
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by englishman411(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2020
What Igbo want is Biafra not 2023 presidency gbam.
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by BabaRamota1980: 3:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

Very good response! You are Ibo, your peoole need to hear this message you eloquently presented here.

This statement should be pasted on every thread calling for Ibo president in 2023.
Re: You Can't Have Biafra And Presidency At The Same Time, ACF Spokesman Tells Igbo. by ebusmus: 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
Cyberterror:
Convenient for you to use Scotland as example. What about Catalonia? How did that go?
actually Catalonia is a different case, Catalonia was granted an absolute autonomy, which made the region to skew the drive for total Independence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bronx Is Just Like Mushin, Never Date Anyone From There - Nigerian Man Warns / Ariel View Of APC & Tinubu's Rally In Lagos State Today / Photo: Peter Obi Name On NYSC Certificate Different From UNN Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.