Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,960 members, 7,828,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Sacramental Confession - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacramental Confession (423 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Stephanie Otobo "Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against FG" / Stephanie Otobo’s Lawyer Speaks On Her Confession Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 11:50am On Jan 11, 2020
In Hell, as in Heaven, there are ranks. Just as every virtue on earth is associated with a particular saint in heaven and consequently going back to God through our Blessed Mother, there also is associated with every sin, a particular demon (or Principality) that fell with Satan.

When you are virtuous, the saints (humans who died in the state of grace and have been divinised by God) will cling to you and support you along with your guardian angel. Why? Because nature abhors space. Whatever you do has a spiritual significance, if you are striving to be holy, you are in a nutshell asking God to help you with grace because you want to be his friend and since virtue or the intent attracts God, he will send help.

When you are sinful, the demons (those who died in the state of mortal sin and have been demonised by Satan) will cling to you and support your sinfulness because it is their domain along with the high ranking demon (or Principality associated with that particular sin you committed). Why? Because when you sin, you are more or less telling the owner of that act that you like it and you need support in order to carry it out more easily, more perfectly and Satan will send help and it is always the demons and the Prince of that particular sin you committed he will send to assist you.

Have you never wondered why you are slow to commit a particular sin but after committing it, you become easily moved to commit that sin again and again? You are getting help...from Satan!

Therefore, as you read this post, you are either in a state of grace or in a state of mortal sin. Nature abhors space. In the former, you have the saints and your guardian angel supporting and guarding you towards sanctifying grace. In the latter, you have the demons (those former humans whose actions you are now emulating) attached to you because of your attachment to their sin and some times, the Principality of that sin is also attached to you. The more sins you commit (that is in degree and variation) the more demons and Principalities of those sins you will be attached with. Consequently, we are all walking around either with the saints and angels assisting us or demons and Principalities attached to us. There is no middle way.

Jesus knows this, that is why he gave us the next best thing to the Eucharist, the Sacrament of Reconciliation. It is the ONLY SURE way for us to get rid of the demons and Principalities. How? You see, we sin ONLY because of pride and can only be free from the dire consequences of sin by doing the opposite, being humble. Humility tortures demons. They cannot stand love or forgiveness, they hate it! That is why when we are planning on going to confession, so many stupid excuses come up and the demons even make some of us forget our sins and then we think we are in a state of grace. The very fact that you cannot remember your sins should give you grave cause to worry. Especially when this has become a habit.

Having these demons attached to us and then we go and kneel before a man and open our mouths and confess all the wrong things we have done is one of the greatest mark of humility and it is hell for these demons. In fact, these demons prefer to go back to hell than to be associated with a body that is humble! The safest way to remain in a state of grace is to remain in a state of grace and participate in the sacraments regularly. The shortest confession to a priest is better and more efficacious than the longest exorcism.

When you think about it, a man who has just returned from confession is actually worth more than the entire universe multiplied to infinity.

Go to confession.

Dei Verbum
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 3:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
"Since, therefore, [these His] children share in flesh and blood [in the physical nature of human beings], He [Himself] in a similar manner partook of the same [nature], that by [going through] death He might bring to nought and make of no effect him who had the power of death—that is, the devil—
15 And also that He might deliver and completely set free all those who through the [haunting] fear of death were held in bondage throughout the whole course of their lives.
16 For, as we all know, He [Christ] did not take hold of angels [the fallen angels, to give them a helping and delivering hand], but He did take hold of [the fallen] descendants of Abraham [to reach out to them a helping and delivering hand].
17 So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people’s sins.
18 For because He Himself [in His humanity] has suffered in being tempted (tested and tried), He is able [immediately] to run to the cry of (assist, relieve) those who are being tempted and tested and tried [and who therefore are being exposed to suffering]." (Hebrews 2:14-18)
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
Some people think *sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ Crucified regularly* is too much, depicts laziness, depicts a human being not being proactive in achieving feats in human-ratings
Because somewhere in their heart, they think business and money *will give them happiness* without using/listening to the words of Christ ?

They forgot that *every tick of second we breathe on earth is by the grace of Christ Jesus Crucified (GOD)* and if *HE is dead* and no longer alive
*nothing on earth including you* will be *alive* not to talk of breathing to think business or money...

It is a *relationship with Jesus Christ Crucified* that any human being needs 'first' then His resurrection life will *add any other physical/material things that will give you inner-peace in your life*....

How much money and business do you have now since you started pursuing money and business without Jesus Christ ?

How much of your needs or wants have your money and business satisfied without Jesus Christ ?

How much happiness/inner-peace do you have now or those wealthy personnel you admire have without Jesus Christ ?

money, business and career that you are pursuing now are what God's grace gives to any human being whether 'unbeliever or believer' based upon 'HIS CHOICE and TIME' not *according to their strength*....

Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: *for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.*

Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

1 Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; *for by strength shall no man prevail.*

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 8:37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Great Grace Brethren!!!
Re: Sacramental Confession by JoyAda1234(f): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
I don't need a priest when I can approach God directly.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
JoyAda1234:
I don't need a priest when I can approach God directly.

Did you learn how to approach God directly from your mother's womb ?
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
Why did Jesus Christ choose 12 when he could talk to the whole human race *directly by himself* ?

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, *Have not I chosen you twelve*, and one of you is a devil?

Why did Jesus make Peter the head of the 12 since he trained *all of them directly* ?

John 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, *Feed my lambs*. 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, *Feed my sheep.* 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, *Feed my sheep.*
Re: Sacramental Confession by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
Catholic teachings Not supported by scriptures.
Mary worship/honoring,the veneration/adulation of other saints, angels, or the worship of images are Idolatry which is a sin.
The Roman catholic church promotes the worship of devils.

1 John 5:21
Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

1 John 3:6
Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 4:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with you,
Blessed are you among women,
And blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus Christ.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her(MARY), and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
Matthew 23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor! 23:17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or *the temple that sanctifieth* the gold? 23:18 And, Whosoever shall swear by the altar, it is nothing; but whosoever sweareth by the gift that is upon it, he is guilty. 23:19 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gift, or *the altar that sanctifieth* the gift? 23:20 Whoso therefore shall swear by the altar, sweareth by it, and by all things thereon. 23:21 And whoso shall swear by the temple, sweareth by it, and by him that dwelleth therein. 23:22 And he that shall swear by heaven, sweareth by the throne of God, and by him that sitteth thereon.

Why is Jesus Christ Crucified (GOD) affirming/confirming that *a temple* built by human beings and blessed by human beings with the words of their mouth as an instrument of worshipping the true living God *actually has the capacity of sanctification* ?

Why is Jesus Christ Crucified (GOD) affirming/confirming that *an altar* built by human beings and blessed by human beings with the words of their mouth an an instrument of worshipping the true living God *actually has the capacity of sanctification* ?

How was the Holy Bible compiled and validated by human beings as the word of the living God and *IT IS ACTUALLY VALID* as a communication medium between the *unseen realm and seen realm* yet it contains *graven images of characters and alphabets* and you use them without *tagging yourself an idolater* ?

What does Jesus mean when he said that the names of those who carried the gospel shall be remembered *as long as the gospel is shared on this earth* ?

Matthew 26:13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2020
The LIFE of Christ Jesus Crucified in *Christians* is *eternal*; this LIFE *prays* through our mortal-bodies while we are biologically alive for ourselves and others....
Does this LIFE stop praying when we become biologically dead ?

Romans 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

It is Christ Jesus Crucified who lives inside *believers* making intercession through us forever whether we are dead or alive

Priesthood that intercedes *forever because of an indestructible life* in Christ is what we carry:
"Who has been constituted a Priest, not on the basis of a bodily legal requirement [an externally imposed command concerning His physical ancestry], but on the basis of the power of an endless and indestructible Life." (Hebrews 7:16 AMP)

"[Again, the former successive line of priests] was made up of many, because they were each prevented by death from continuing [perpetually in office]; But He holds *His priesthood unchangeably, because He lives on forever.* Therefore He is able also to save to the uttermost (completely, perfectly, finally, and for all time and eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He is always living to make petition to God and intercede with Him and intervene for them." (Hebrews 7:23-25 AMP)

Because as *He is in heaven right now* so are we who are *believe in HIM whether biologically dead or alive*
"In this [union and communion with Him] love is brought to completion and attains perfection with us, that we may have confidence for the day of judgment [with assurance and boldness to face Him], because as He is, so are we in this world." (1 John 4:18 AMP)
Re: Sacramental Confession by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
In the catholic doctrine only the priest have the power to forgive sins but according to Christ ALL Christians has the power to forgive or retain sins. This has to do with the work of evangelism not the practices of Roman Catholic religion
Read again
Paul said confess your sins or fault one to another not priest or bishop
Re: Sacramental Confession by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 11, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with you,
Blessed are you among women,
And blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus Christ.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Nowhere is this in the bible, this is Roman catholic dogma
Re: Sacramental Confession by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her(MARY), and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
Good, where did the angel refer to mary as the mother of God or that mary is full of Grace or to pray for sinners?
So you are still a sinner that require mary's prayer inspite of the shed blood of Christ for you?
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hope you saw the name on this thread *sacramental confessions* ?
Sacraments according to Catholic teaching is *outward sign/engagement/activities/ritual* of an *inward grace* instituted by Jesus Christ through which *graces are given to human beings*
hence engaging in an external ritual/activities by a Catholic with a fellow Catholic whether ordained or not-ordained after *such person* has *directly communicated with Jesus Christ on such aspect of Christian living*
however as Christ chose the 12 trained them so that they can disciple others, the Catholic Church chooses, trains and ordains personnel who can disciple others in faith hence the origin of Catholic priesthood and religious.

Every Christian can forgive sin because it is *Christ Jesus Crucified living inside us who forgives sins*; the Catholic Church does not teach that without sacramental confessions God cannot forgive sin directly if any human being *seeks forgiveness directly from God* or if any person confesses his/her sin to a lay-faithful and that person prays for forgiveness upon such person from God without meeting the priest then such forgiveness is not accepted to God.
however in order to help one another as James 5:17 declared; the Sacramental Confession helps the person confessing (the penitent) to recognise God's love, mercy and grace in the midst of such sinfulness then open up to the teachings of Jesus Christ on how to live in victory without returning back to such lifestyle by sincerely collaborating with grace hence the counselling and absolution prayers(the priest says; "By the power of the Holy Spirit and ministry/service of the Church, I *absolve* you of all your sins in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen." ) *absolve* here entails *connect you to the complete cleansing of the blood of Jesus Christ.
This requires maturity in faith, you cannot go and confess your sins to anybody who *claims to be a Christian* hence Jesus discipled the 12 so that they can disciple the rest of humanity which entails *physical leadership* despite the *one leadership of Christ* over all believers.

The Sacramental confessions also helps the priest to *examine his own life* whether he is *guilty* of the *sins* he is granting *absolution to other people* in the *name of the Church*
Those of us who go for evangelism also lead people to repentance, confession of sins and reception of Jesus Christ into their lives not only priests even as we follow up on discipleship with them whether Catholics or non-Catholics.
Re: Sacramental Confession by JoyAda1234(f): 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2020
ochibuogwu5:

Did you learn how to approach God directly from your mother's womb ?
No.When I came out of her womb.
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
orginal greek word for luke 1:28
"kecharitōmenē" which means "[you] favored with grace!"
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Luke 1:43 King James Version (KJV)
43 And whence is this to me, that *the mother of my Lord* should come to me?
Re: Sacramental Confession by ochibuogwu5: 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
Praying for *sinners* does not *literally define someone who has just committed a particular sin* though it is *inclusive* for those *who have sinned
however *humanity* defines *free-will*
A Christian is still 100% human and 100%-Christ
Our humanity can still use our free will to choose *disobedience to God* as Christians which *activates the flesh again* here *repentance and remission of sins to Jesus Christ is needed to restore us back to wholeness with GOD*
then praying for ourselves as *sinners* also entails *seeking for mercy and grace* not to *use our free-will to disobey God and return to the flesh* but to serve God acceptably (Hebrews 4:16, 12:28)
Another category of people declared as *sinners* in this *prayer* are those who have not believed the gospel that they may submit to God's mercy, grace and love by accepting Jesus Christ Crucified as their *own personal messiah*
thus
*pray for us sinners* in *Hail Mary Prayers*
involves *a prayer for those who have believed that they may not fall back into sin and the flesh*,
those who have backslidden should repent and remit their sins to Jesus Christ,
those who have not believed the gospel to submit to the grace of the Crucified Jesus Christ.

Prayer is the *life expression/communication of Jesus Christ Crucified through His Holy Spirit for His Body; the Church* inside every human being who believes in him whether biologically dead or alive because Jesus lives forever to make intercession for us (Hebrews 7:16, Hebrews 7:23-25, 1 John 2:1-2, Revelation 1:18, Romans 14:7-9, James 5:16-17)
Re: Sacramental Confession by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2020
ochibuogwu5:
Hope you saw the name on this thread *sacramental confessions* ?
Sacraments according to Catholic teaching is *outward sign/engagement/activities/ritual* of an *inward grace* instituted by Jesus Christ through which *graces are given to human beings*
hence engaging in an external ritual/activities by a Catholic with a fellow Catholic whether ordained or not-ordained after *such person* has *directly communicated with Jesus Christ on such aspect of Christian living*
such ritual is not scriptural, the idea of sacrament is a catholic doctrine not a bliblical doctrine.

however as Christ chose the 12 trained them so that they can disciple others, the Catholic Church chooses, trains and ordains personnel who can disciple others in faith hence the origin of Catholic priesthood and religious.
they were called apostles not priests, do you even know what a priest is? The catholic priesthood is from roman paganism, there are five fold ministry within christianity. priesthood is the Christian ministry to unbelievers every born again believer is a priest and a saint. You need to get out of that religion.

Every Christian can forgive sin because it is *Christ Jesus Crucified living inside us who forgives sins*; the Catholic Church does not teach that without sacramental confessions God cannot forgive sin directly if any human being *seeks forgiveness directly from God* or if any person confesses his/her sin to a lay-faithful and that person prays for forgiveness upon such person from God without meeting the priest then such forgiveness is not accepted to God.
btw Christ is alive seating on the right hand of God and the high priest in heaven.
If God can forgive directly of what use is it, going to met others.
@ bolded this is totally unbiblical,
The bible did not enjoin believers to confess their sins to anybody.

however in order to help one another as James 5:17 declared; the Sacramental Confession helps the person confessing (the penitent) to recognise God's love, mercy and grace in the midst of such sinfulness then open up to the teachings of Jesus Christ on how to live in victory without returning back to such lifestyle by sincerely collaborating with grace hence the counselling and absolution prayers(the priest says; "By the power of the Holy Spirit and ministry/service of the Church, I *absolve* you of all your sins in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen." ) *absolve* here entails *connect you to the complete cleansing of the blood of Jesus Christ.
This requires maturity in faith, you cannot go and confess your sins to anybody who *claims to be a Christian* hence Jesus discipled the 12 so that they can disciple the rest of humanity which entails *physical leadership* despite the *one leadership of Christ* over all believers.
Christians are to confess their fault one to another, this has to do with relationship between fellow believers it has nothing to do with seeking forgiveness from God.
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

@bolded that is a lie James 1v 17 never said so

Op you dont know the bible you believer faith alone in christ cant give you forgiveness of sin? So you need to add sacrament and all those religious works? This is an high way to hell
Sacrament + faith + Jesus = Hell
You can only be saved when you put your faith in Christ and his finished work on the cross for you.
If you are adding aomething eg sacrament ,good works, restitution etc then you do not trust om Christ and His finished work on the cross. Look it is not shouting Jesus crucified that saves you but trusting on his finished work only that get you saved.

The Sacramental confessions also helps the priest to *examine his own life* whether he is *guilty* of the *sins* he is granting *absolution to other people* in the *name of the Church*
Those of us who go for evangelism also lead people to repentance, confession of sins and reception of Jesus Christ into their lives not only priests even as we follow up on discipleship with them whether Catholics or non-Catholics.
there is nothing like recieving Jesus into their life or giving life to Jesus.
What are you preaching to people? About sacrament and catholic doctrine?
Catholic religion is a religion of works for salvation.
Work + faith= hell
Faith + the sacrifice of Jesus= salvation.
I pray God should open your eyes.
Start reading the bible for yourselves.
Sins cannot be removed by penance, restitution, sacrament etc only faith alone in the finished work of Christ alone can remove sin.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In The trinity - Why Yes, Why No? / Moment Ghanaian Pastor Was Arrested For Defying President Akufo Addo’s Coronavir / What Is The Significance Of Weeding Grave Sites Of Loved Ones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.