Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. (1542 Views)

Nomination Of Candidates That Can Fit In To Public Offices / Throwback Pictures Of Awolowo With His Helicopter / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 5:22am On May 29, 2007
Yar Adua may end up the next Awolowo in Nigeria, based on the following

He use to teach , so you expect him to do well in education.
He was a self-confessed Marxist, so he may go for social welfare,
He was a farmer , he may improve agric,
Yar Adua was a student union leader , so he may help student, 
Yar Adua is physical sick,  that may be his reason for improving the health care in Nigeria.
Yar Adua lost his brother to democracy, so he understand about the struggle, 
Yar Adua was declear mad by his father when he became a marxist and was taken to hospital to get heal. They flog Yar Adua and he still carry the mark on his back,  I am hoping that mark means something to him and would make him remember what ordinary Nigeria are going through.

Something tell me Yar Adua would do well,  if we all help him,  he is not prefect. and he was not the one that rigged the election for himself, 

Not to forget,  PDP would still make the greatest mistake if they fail to put a Yorubaman as senate president,  My reason is because of buck vote,  the yoruba can give Yar Adua more buck vote than any group,  With Yoruba vote all Yar adua would need more to secure an bill in the house is just about 10 other senate from other part of Nigeria,  Since I do expect his hausa/fulani senator to vote for him,   hausa/fulani and Yoruba senator are about 46 in the senate,  while total senate sit is 109 ,  so you need just 55 senators  to pass a bill,   It is an advice to help Yar Adua pass a bill in the senate with easy.

so 46 plus another 4 from the Ijaw( because of Jonathan) give him ==50 senator ,  All Yar Adua needs more is just 5 more senator.

Politics is like chase game, With David mark as senate president , Yar adua end up lossing,
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by babasin(m): 11:15am On May 29, 2007
a receiver of stollen good is a thief!

a receiver of stollen mandate his a thief!

how can you compare this man to Awolowo?

grin cheesy grin
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 1:26pm On May 29, 2007
so are you saying atiku won,, please list the state he won,
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by lewa(m): 2:07pm On May 29, 2007
Nigeria1,
whitewashing Umaru won't do!How on this earth can you compare him to Awolowo?No basis for comparison!
None at all!A product of a flawed process,his emergence and the party he represents spell doom for the corporate existence
of Nigeria!
Please!
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by saints2(f): 2:36pm On May 29, 2007
Well as for Yar'adua,whle dont we wait patiently as time shall tell us what manner of person he is.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by McKren(m): 2:50pm On May 29, 2007
With all due respect to Awo.

The challenges and aspirations of 2007 Nigeria are far different from the Nigeria under which Awo operated. So no need for Yaradua to fit in Awo, Tafawa Balewa or Ziks shoes.

He should try to be a modern President.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by angel101(f): 2:53pm On May 29, 2007
saints_1:

Well as for Yar'adua,whle don't we wait patiently as time shall tell us what manner of person he is.

same as we did with OBJ remember?
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 4:06pm On May 29, 2007
look yar adua have the potential to be a great leader by event that have happen to yar adua in the past,
Yar Adua can achieve it, I believe he can do well, All he need is help from all of us, Yar adua does not have all idea to solve nigeria problem, but you and me do, So all we need to do is give it to him,

LEaders are made by thier people,

The word of God want me to call those thing that are not as if they are and I know that word transform an event and a person, And our word can transfor Yar Adua govt, we should do everything to help, If he fail we all have fail, and our society would suffer for it,
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by babasin(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2007
look yar adua have the potential to be a great leader by event that have happen to yar adua in the past,

YOU ARE JOKING, right?

OBJ was in Abacha gulag, yet he inflicted more damage to Nigerians than Abacaha!

Remember ODI village was wiped-out!
sad angry sad
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by Mamajama(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2007
The office comes with much power and so many responsibilities as well, he can distinguish himself by been non partial, and tackle corruption vigorously
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by azorjiu(m): 5:06pm On May 29, 2007
Guardian newspapers wan kill me cheesy cheesy cheesy

yar adua the immediate governor of kebbi sworn in

here is there report

Yar'Adua sworn in as president
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, 55 years old masters degreee holder in analytical chemistry and immediate past Governor of Kebbi State, has been sworn in as Nigeria's new president at a colourful ceremony at the Eagle Square, Abuja. Yar'Adua?s inauguration marks the first time in Nigeria's history that one civilian leader has taken over from another. Opposition activists have promised to go ahead with demonstrations in Lagos despite a ban on protests. But with the pledge: "I, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua, do solemnly swear that I will be faithful and hold allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria, That I will protect and defend the constitution," Yar'Adua, took his oath of office before Chief Justice Idris Kutigi. Earlier, Goodluck Jonathan, was sworn in as Vice-President. Nigeria's 36 new state governors also took their oaths of office around the country. Security for the ceremony in Abuja was tight as police prevented people without passes from entering the arena. Outgoing President Olusegun Obasanjo was driven into Eagle Square for the ceremony in an open jeep, waving to spectators in the reviewing stands. Anglican Bishop Peter Akinola and the Abuja Chief Imam gave opening prayers before military bands and Nigerian soldiers in dress uniforms performed a slow march around the square. The ceremony was witnessed by more than 12 African heads of state and government
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by doncartel: 5:42pm On May 29, 2007
nigeria1,i almost fainted wen i read the name of your topic.but having read down,i agree every politician can change his ways and perform.obj refused to learn but yaradua can learn from obj's mistakes and sincerely work hard while taking advice to move the nation forward

nb;i still think you should change the name of the thread[dont mess wit the three founding fathers on d naira note]
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by ToToChoper: 5:50pm On May 29, 2007
One cannot juxtapose the two; Yaradua and Awolowo by any standards other than the fact they were teachers and both are(were) politicians.

And with politics, while Awolowo remains an icon in Nigerian history as ELECTED the 1st leader of the West even before our independence, Yaradua on the other hand is merely a product our corrupt Presidential election, dubiously SELECTED by the contriving outgoing President.

In plain English, Yaradua is Obasanjo’s bitch for life…, a favor for a favor
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by debosky(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2007
well you could also make the same claim about Babangida and Obj, even he was 'selected' by the 'big men' as suitable

but did he dance to IBB's tune? NO.

I expect the same from Yar'Adua - he will be his own man.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by duduyemi: 5:56pm On May 29, 2007
leave nigeria1 jo, he is delusional, all the same, i will say that i think he is good for nigeria because of his religious belief, he is a strict muslim and that gonna set he aside from the usual corrupt and power drunk politicians that we get, but he is no AWO, wtf?
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by Iman3(m): 6:02pm On May 29, 2007
@topic

Are you also saying Yar Adua will become a tribal demagogue?
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by azorjiu(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2007
Should the priority of this governmnet be to improve the quality of lives of nigerians or hunt obasanjo? I think it should be the former. Yar' adua is a fine gentleman and my feelings about him is that he will make a good president.

We have tried loud people before, let us try a quiet person. We have tried arrogant people, let us now try a humble man. We have tried military men, let us try a civilian.

About Yar' adua stepping into the shoes of awolowo, there is no need. Yar adua has his own shoes and should step into them.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by chrisokw: 6:12pm On May 29, 2007
I-man:

@topic

Are you also saying Yar Adua will become a tribal demagogue?

You hit the target man. Was Awo ever a national leader or a tribal one? If Yaradua becomes an Awo, then non-hausa/fulani Nigerians are in trouble.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by laudate: 8:48pm On May 29, 2007
debosky:

well you could also make the same claim about Babangida and Obj, even he was 'selected' by the 'big men' as suitable

but did he dance to IBB's tune? NO.

No, ke? Then why didn't he prosecute IBB for his acts of corruption & misrule, while he was in power?

debosky:

I expect the same from Yar'Adua - he will be his own man.

Well, we all sincerely hope so. Its' still too early to tell, sha. tongue
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by McKren(m): 9:17pm On May 29, 2007
this talk of Yar'adua being his own man simply does not make sense to me.

If he is able to deliver constant electricity, good roads, quality education, world class health facilities etc. What ever is his relationship with OBJ becomes justified and for all I care secondary.

Seriously how is it my problem or that of anybody if Yaradua never greets OBJ when he sees him or on the otherhand decides to fly to ota farm every morning to postrate to OBJ before coming to office.
If he does what genuine leaders do which is to improve the lives of Nigerians who cares about their relationship.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 10:04pm On May 29, 2007
Are you people blind by the hate of obasanjo, that you can not separate Obasanjo from Yar Adua,  Look good leader are made by good followship,  And I believe Yar Adua have a good intension, 

I have taken the pain of reading more about Yar Adua. and I can concluded he is not as bad as the media have painted him,  You all have to note too, that Yar Adua is not the one that created the problem in the first place,  he is only coming to try to solve the problem,  And all we can do is help him than you people turnning him to punching bag like you did for obasanjo,

If I am Yar Adua,  I would keep my promises of electricity,  and try to get the 30,000MW he promises,  You Nigeria man problem lay in electricity,  We need good cottage industries,  and and electricity is what power this,

We may not need to build new power station,  by more of increase the generation capability of the one we have to 5000MW each, ( no be everything i go talk online, )

Since we are agro allied society,  we need cottage industries to refine this agric product,  which create jobs,

I had ask for the redesign of the Kano to lagos railway before,  because the new design is bad,  It need to go through lokoja,  creating a north to south flow of business,

Yar Adua I hope would create VAT derivation, where the new increase from 5 to 10%,  and the new 5% would be to the state that derive it,  which would increase productivity and rival among the state,

It is not good that only oil produces state get derivation from federal only ,  what about the consumer state, for there to be a oil produce there is first a oil consumer, why on earth will state  that consume oil not get oil derivation,  Why can't kano get money from oil derivation, ?

Yar Adua should see to the introduction of inter ethnic marriage,   help to unity nigeria,

Hospital:  The introduction of health card for children under the age of 14, free health,

School,  push the responsibility to the state and private sector, 

Reduce federal allocation from 50 to 40%  while state get 45 %  local govt 15%,

Look if all of you contribute to Yar Adua govt with one idea,  than cause him,  Nigeria would move forward,
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by sewhenu(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2007
Comparing the two figures is a bit out of place,yaradua is a man of his own so is the late sage,nigeria is a more modern and informed society than that in which chief awolowo played his own politics,Awo's politics and antics will ve no place in modern nigeria,its a fact u have to realise,how well did you know chief awolowo?People paint him as if he's so peerless but have heard from reliable sources that he had his own low points,they re both political leaders that ve come at different times in our history,they have different challenges and exist at different developmental stages of our development as a nation.I pray and hope that musa yaradua will keep his promises and consolidate on the efforts of the last adminstration
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by sewhenu(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2007
Comparing the two figures is a bit out of place,yaradua is a man of his own so is the late sage,nigeria is a more modern and informed society than that in which chief awolowo played his own politics,Awo's politics and antics will ve no place in modern nigeria,its a fact u have to realise,how well did you know chief awolowo?People paint him as if he's so peerless but have heard from reliable sources that he had his own low points,they re both political leaders that ve come at different times in our history,they have different challenges and exist at different developmental stages of our development as a nation.I pray and hope that musa yaradua will keep his promises and consolidate on the efforts of the last adminstration
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by Bankole01(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2007
ToToChoper:

One cannot juxtapose the two; Yaradua and Awolowo by any standards other than the fact they were teachers and both are(were) politicians.

And with politics, while Awolowo remains an icon in Nigerian history as ELECTED the 1st leader of the West even before our independence, Yaradua on the other hand is merely a product our corrupt Presidential election, dubiously SELECTED by the contriving outgoing President.

In plain English, Yaradua is Obasanjo’s bitch for life…, a favor for a favor

You can't build a good house on flawed foundation. Yar'Adua does not enjoy the mandate of Nigerians. No matter the pomp and pagentry of his inaguration, he remains a fruad imposed on Nigerians. To legitimise his presidency, he needs to conduct a new free and fair elections with a revamped and independent electoral body. Otherwise, he will remain weakened and inconsequential all his official life!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 10:38pm On May 31, 2007
look it is difficult to have free and fair election in Nigeria,  Really it is more of a dream,  IT is not possible,  You see to have good election ,  you must have good data and census figure , we do not have any of this, 

So you have no choice than accept Yar Adua,  You see when I was shouting about the census been fake,  Where was buhari at that time,  Did you see Buhari on the street shouting fraud,  NO,  because he believe it was in his favour,  Same thing for Atiku,  They do not have principle,  You see when someone stand for the truth,  he would continue to do so , even when it is out of favour. 

Look Buhari is not a sincere man,  I am sorry to say this,  I would rather truth Yar Adua than truth buhari,  Look when makama present the fraud census ,  Buhari have stop  going to Aso rock meeting for many month, but that day buhari made sure he was there,  because buhari believe in fraud,  even when buhari have been to Ibadan and kastina ,  and he knows in his heart that Oyo state is more populated than kastina,  Buhari fail to follow the path of truth,  even though he called himself a MUSLIM.  People living in Ibadan are muslim too,  he refuse to let Islam law and the fear of God judge, but he follow the path of fraud,  Why on earth do you want me to pick him over Yar Adua,  Look do not make me anger,  Yar Adua would remain president,  All this opposition are fake and fraud, too. I know Yar Adua is better than Buhari or Atiku,    

Look,  if all of you fail to protest about fraud census,  and you saw pictures with your nake eyes . why protest now, 

Leave Yar Adua alone he is a product of a fail system,  Yar Adua  is not the problem,   But the system that have fail all of us,  So for God sake Can we all decided to support him and now ,  Plan for the next 4 years,     You see Yesterday have gone,  It is only today and tomorrow that you can manage,  You see no man who face is looking back can move forward at the same time. he would hit a stone,  Let plan for the next 4 years,   We need to talk about the system that have fail us,  and not Yar Adua,
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by azorjiu(m): 11:15pm On May 31, 2007
Nigeria1 wrote

Not to forget, PDP would still make the greatest mistake if they fail to put a Yorubaman as senate president, My reason is because of buck vote, the yoruba can give Yar Adua more buck vote than any group, With Yoruba vote all Yar adua would need more to secure an bill in the house is just about 10 other senate from other part of Nigeria, Since I do expect his hausa/fulani senator to vote for him, hausa/fulani and Yoruba senator are about 46 in the senate, while total senate sit is 109 , so you need just 55 senators to pass a bill, It is an advice to help Yar Adua pass a bill in the senate with easy.

So what happens to other ethnic groups, my friend? Is nigeria composed of the Hausa/Fulani and the Yorubas only? Stop this yapping compatriot. Come on, it's time we outgrew this tribal politics.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 11:16pm On May 31, 2007
nothing happen to them.  it is all about making life easy for yar adua. look if David mark is made senate president,  He is idoma,  he can only contribute 1 senate sit,  we should stop fooling ourself,  and face the truth,  that Nigeria is a nation of many nation,  Politics is game,  If Yar Adua ever play chess before,  he would know what a pond is,  David mark is a good man, but sometime in chess,  your rival can give you a pond , so that you can loss,   It is more easy for Yar Adua to manage 46 senate from fulani/hausa/yoruba and another 4 senator from Ijaw(jonathan) making 50 senator on his side ,  than manage  just less than 30  in his favour,   If Yar Adua can not pass bill in the senate,  how can he achieve his dream for Nigeria, please tell me??

look if Yar Adua fail to pick a yoruba man as senator,  the Yorubas and Igbo would gang up against him,  and he would not be able to pass bill in the senate,  anti yar Adua moving would start after, Yar adua list out his minister and some friend of the senator did not make that list,    If he fail to pick a Yoruba man , Yar Adua would be killing himself politically even before is start the next 4 years,  Do the maths in the senate,  or get someone to loook at all probability in the new senate,  and ask your self which of them would favour Yar Adua govt,  is it to have David Mark as senator or a Yoruba man,   It is all maths.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 6:56am On Jun 02, 2007
where are you mister.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by GNature(m): 8:07am On Jun 02, 2007
How can anyone ever compare Yar 'Adua with Awolowo undecided

This beats me.
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 02, 2007
@nigeria1

Why do you think no Igbo/Yoruba senator will support Yar'adua just because he doesn't have a member of their ethnic group in the Senate?
Re: Yar Adua can Fit Into The Shoes Of Awolowo. by nigeria1: 11:45am On Jun 02, 2007
First of all Dozman, a senator is a special position,  his duty is not to be a fine boy in the senate,  His duty is to go out and fight for his people right.  Any senator who is not doing it,  playing to the public or press, should not be there.  So yoruba and igbo are sent to the senate ,  not to get contract from them self or ghana must go bag,  But to defend their ethnics group,  It is the same in the USA.  Nobody sent a senator to the senate to defend national interest first.   It come second to your senatorial interest,  which is number one. If a senator want to defend national interest first over is senatorial area interest, he should not be in the senate,

So if the Igbo or yoruba senator go there to defend Yar adua,  that is not their duty,   It is to fight to get everything for their people from Yar Adua, only the selfish one go there to look for contract.

(1) (Reply)

UK Prime Minister Cameron: My war on multiculturalism - Focus on Islam / Did The World End In Your Neck Of The Woods Yet? / Chief Dim Odimegwu Ujukwu Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.