Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) (932 Views)

Second-class Upper Is Overrated In Nigeria By Deji Yesufu / Is Second Class Upper Still Possible.?? / Deaf Prosphen Okiemute Dumi Makes Second Class Upper In Law University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by Phantom66: 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
Good evening house,,

I just saw my 2nd year first semester result and it was not a thing of joy, my GP was 2.57 which was really poor. My 100 level CGPA was 3.07 which is also really bad. I would like to know from those in the house is there still hope of graduating with a second class upper.

P.S: I am in a five year course and my G.P is measured on 5.0 scale.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by dawnomike(m): 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
Yes you can!!! Although your chances of makimg that is very slim
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by LordIsaac(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
You still have time
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by Mozibee007(m): 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2020
No. you can't make it if keep doing what you are doing. You cannot do the same thing and expect a different result.

Change your circle of friends if need be.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by hmlsolo: 7:11am On Jan 12, 2020
If you can brace up from hear, it's possible. I had a colleague who wrote 3.30 in year two, he was not pleased at all but he changed his routine and worked harder. His year three second semester was a blockbuster 3.89CGPA. So, if you can work hard and aim for As then you can make it dear.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by sparog(m): 8:37am On Jan 12, 2020
Phantom66:
Good evening house,,

I just saw my 2nd year first semester result and it was not a thing of joy, my GP was 2.57 which was really poor. My 100 level CGPA was 3.07 which is also really bad. I would like to know from those in the house is there still hope of graduating with a second class upper.

P.S: I am in a five year course and my G.P is measured on 5.0 scale.

Yes you can if you study right

I went thru the same thing in school. All I did was changed the way I studied and who I studied with. I set my goal at having nothing less than 4.0gpa every semester and at the end I made a second class upper.
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by yusman14(m): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2020
school and course?
Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
I started with 2.57 and finished with 3.82. I had genuine excuses but I never gave one for myself.

Now, how can you help yourself?

1. You have to know how to calculate CGPA yourself. If you can't identify the precision to solve this problem, you'll keep gambling with the figures. If you don't know how, meet a friend to teach you. Each semester after my poorest, I would check what point could get me above 3.5 and when I eventually crossed, I kept an eye on what point could drop me below 3.5. I was conscious all through my programme and that was the first secret.

2. Never ever leave the company of excellent students. Always be the dullest among your friends. They'll inspire you, jolt you to life when you slumber and rub success on you. Success is contagious.

The rest is left for you to decipher. I'm a living proof that you can upturn that result for a far better one. Do just that and do it now.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Still Make A Second Class Upper (2.1) by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
hmlsolo:
If you can brace up from hear, it's possible. I had a colleague who wrote 3.30 in year two, he was not pleased at all but he changed his routine and worked harder. His year three second semester was a blockbuster 3.89CGPA. So, if you can work hard and aim for As then you can make it dear.
3.89 blockbuster

(1) (Reply)

Nursing School Interview Questions / Lagos Schools To Re-open In September, Says Sanwo-olu / ASUU Strike: Buhari Set To Make Decision On ASUU UTAS This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.