Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group (25499 Views)

Buhari’s Group Panic Over Atiku’s American Visa / How Atiku Secured American Visa – Buhari Group / APC Primary: Udo-Edehe Slaps Ita Enang, Enang Bites Udo-Edehe - Akwa Ibom Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Oluwolex2000(m): 8:43am On Jan 12, 2020
Calabar - Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang has Indicted President Buhari - Group

A socio-political organization based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom Liberation Movement, AILM, says the Senior Special Assistant to President on Niger Delta, Senator Ita Enang, by calling on the presidency to compel Governor Emmanuel to construct Calabar Itu high has questioned President Mohammedu Buhari's true intention on the road.

The group reasoned that this is an indictment of the president and calls to question all efforts made by federal government on the dilapidated federal road just before the 2019 elections.
Speaking in Uyo, the group’s Secretary-General, Solomon Abasiekong Esq., said Senator Enang, having given himself to frivolities as seen in his letter, has made people question Buhari’s sincerity in constructing Calabar - Itu road.

“We are forced to ask what Ita Enang has turned himself to. Enang’s recent demand for Governor Emmanuel's assistance in the construction of Calabar Itu road is an indirect indictment on the so called integrity of President Mohammedu. It shows that either the President was lying to the people of Akwa Ibom State or was using the road to curry support for his reelection.

“Does it mean Ita Enang was not given briefs for his new office as Special Assistant to President on Niger Delta Affairs? Everyone had expected Enang to get so busy in his new office instead of delving into frivolities. It is either Enang doesn’t know what to or does not have what to do.
“Ita Enang must realize that elections are over, as such he should be tired of spewing lies. He should see how to press forward the needs of Niger Deltans to the presidency.

“Akwa Ibom people are satisfied with the transparent nature of Governor Udom Emmanuel’s administration, as such, we have no question for whatever he uses Akwa Ibom money to do because he has the people’s interest at heart", the statement read in parts.

Read full press statement below!

PRESS BRIEFING BY AKWA IBOM STATE LIBERATION MOVEMENT

Motto: Together we shall liberate Akwa Abasi Ibom State

ITA ENANG AND HIS INCONGRUOUS 'BUSY BODY' LETTER

Few days ago, Akwa Ibom people woke up to read an absurd letter authored by the Senior Special Assistant to President on Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Ita Enang,advising the presidency to stop Governor Udom Emmanuel from going further to extend the airport road to 8 lanes.

As a shown in the letter, Senator Enang's reasoning has deteroriated to into bizarre logic, which could immediately be seen as he struggles to suggest to the Federal Government to compel Governor Emmanuel to inject such fund into constructing Calabar Itu high way.

Ita Enang knows that the Calabar - Itu Road project is among many lies that will continue to haunt him and his governorship aspiration as such he is seeking whatever means to get it done. It can be recalled that Enang, in October 2019, while fielding questions from Journalists in Uyo, urged the people to remain calm, assuring that the contractor, Julius Berger, would soon return to site after the rains.

He disclosed that the federal government had awarded the contract for the construction of the road since 2017, however, only N3 billion was released in 2018 budget.

He explained that the total span of the road from Odukpani Junction in Cross River to Ibiakpan Junction in Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom was about 22 kilometres with a cost of about N51 billion.

“We have taken steps to ensure Julius Berger returns to site. In 2019 budget, we secured N3.9 billion but much has not been released to the contractor.”

We are forced to ask what Ita Enang has turned himself to. Enang’s recent demand for Governor Emmanuel's assistance in the construction of Calabar Itu road is an indirect indictment on the integrity of President Mohammedu. It shows that either the President was lying to the people of Akwa Ibom State or was using the road to curry support for his reelection.

Does it mean Ita Enang was not given briefs for his new office as Special Assistant to President on Niger Delta Affairs? Everyone had expected Enang to get so busy in his new office instead of delving into frivolities. It is either Enang doesn’t know what to or does not have what to do.

Ita Enang must realize that elections are over, as such he should be tired of spewing lies. He should see how to press forward the needs of Niger Deltans to the presidency.

Akwa Ibom people are satisfied with the transparent nature of Governor Udom Emmanuel’s administration, as such, we have no question for whatever he uses Akwa Ibom money to do because he has the people’s interest at heart.
Enang should not behave like his name implies, he should think before he acts.

Signed:

Solomon Abasiekong Esq.,

Secretary-General

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/calabar-itu-road-senator-ita-enang-has-indicted-president-buhari-group/amp/

1 Like

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by CharlotteFlair: 8:49am On Jan 12, 2020
Of course it was just to curry support for reelection.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by rentAcock(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
I will support anybody but Buhari.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by orunmila144: 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
nice one
Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by sarrki(m): 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
When I say Pmb failed on roads I mean it

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by olaolulazio(m): 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
One chance!!!!
Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by NwaAmaikpe: 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
shocked

Chai.
God help my people in Itu because they have almost been annexed.
Go to parts of Mbak Atak Itam in Itu and ask yourself if civilization is a mirage.

But just like Anambra state, AKS has tried on road delivery.
Each administration consolidates on the progress of the former.

The good thing is that they use good construction firms like Julius Berger and Peculiar Consult unlike some governors who award road construction contacts to their friends who have never built a gutter in their lives.

It's a shame that neighbouring Abia state is a far cry from from AKS in terms of good roads.
In fact, the only way to know you've entered Abia state from Akwa Ibom state is the horrible roads.
From the Oborro Ikwuano axis to the Itumbuuzo-Bende axis down to the Amuvi-Ikpe axis.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by olaolulazio(m): 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2020
sarrki:
GEJ nko ooo embarassed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Bossontop(m): 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
undecided
Jus lukat human beings.........very anyhow human beings

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by lonelydora: 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
Nigerians can say whatever they like.

But, I must confess (as a frequent road user) that Federal roads (some of you see State and Local government roads as Federal) are better in this administration than in GEJ's administration.

If it hasn't reached your side, calm down, work is currently ongoing in all federal roads.

I am neither PDP nor APC

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Authoreety: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Staro: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
We have a very useless man
occupying Aso Rock

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Ayoswit(f): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
K

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Gkay1(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
See campe after election.

WHO SEND UNA

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by bizhop01: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Southern Nigeria don't deserve good road

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by lonelydora: 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
ojoronopay:
Major General Buhari is the worst president in the history of Nigeria!

Argue with your Keypad!

In terms of road or easy of doing business--- NO. He is better than GEJ in these two areas.

5 Likes

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
sarrki:

Ah! Your eyes have opened

I am so happy for you bro

8 Likes

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by ZombieTERROR: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
Buhari is a failure whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures...

Even Buhari daughter uses presidential jet fueled by tax payers money to cruise round the country and take pictures

Buhari is a failure and those who support him are worse than Ebola

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
What's really wrong with the governor fixing that road?
Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by babzo(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
sarrki:

Haaaaaa.This is unbelievable!!!!! @Sarrki...leader of Buharideens and APC on Nairaland....What is happening?

Your boss?
Your benefactor?

What other area has he failed sir?

6 Likes

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by EdiskyHarry: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
they will not construct any road in South south, but this is the region that is providing All the money the northerners are using to enrich themselves on the pretext of fighting Boko Haram, don't worry, crude oil is a non renewable resource, one day Niger delta oil will be exhausted so that everybody will go to their country and Boko Haram will end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by decoderdgenius(m): 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
The media war begins... grin
In order to win your business war, check out my signature
Re: Calabar-Itu Road: Senator Ita Enang Has Indicted President Buhari - Group by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2020
sarrki:

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? / Reps Move To Simplify Impeachment Of President / Dele Momodu Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.