Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,134 members, 7,825,557 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man (1388 Views)

Egyptian Lawyer Sues Netflix For Depicting Cleopatra As Black Woman / Neflix Will Charge From You If You Share Your Password / Court Of Brazil Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
A Brazil Supreme Court has overturned the order by a judge
asking Netflix to remove the controversial movie where
Jesus was depicted as gay.
Judge Antonio Diaz Toffoli, head of the Supreme Federal
Court on Thursday, January 9, rejected a decision to stop
Netflix from showing the controversial movie, "The First
Temptation of Christ", depicting Jesus Christ in a gay
relationship.
Rio de Janeiro judge Benedicto Abicair on Wednesday,
January 8, ordered Netflix to remove the movie from its
platform (read here ).
But Netflix appealed the decision and Judge Antonio Diaz
Toffoli supported Netflix’s appeal against banning the
movie, AFP reports.
It denied the idea that the movie was insulting to Christians.
The judge said: "One cannot suppose that a humorous satire
has the ability to weaken the values of the Christian faith,
whose existence is traced back more than two thousand
years, and which is the belief of the majority of Brazilian
citizens."
Netflix came out in support of the show on Wednesday.
A spokesperson for Netflix said: "We strongly support
artistic expression and we will fight to defend this important
principle, which is the heart of great stories."
Porta dos Fundos, the Rio-based film company that
produced the controversial movie, also released a
statement, saying that it "opposed any act of censorship,
violence, illegality, authoritarianism" and vowed to continue
broadcasting its work.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/1/brazils-supreme-court-rules-in-support-of-the-neflix-movie-depicting-jesus-as-a-gay-man.html

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
Such disrespect to the king of kings, Lord of Lords, i am that i am, eternal rock of ages, the one who was and who is to come, the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscience, Jehovah Yahweh. In short, ban the film.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
The day rapture will take place, some people will be busy doing immoral things, some people will be ontop of their girl friend, boy friend, side chick, repent now that u have the opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 12:54pm On Jan 12, 2020
Let the whole world call him anything history have it that he was born not of the will of the flesh or of the will of man but
the promise of God.He was without sin yet took the sin of the whole world.He came to his own but his own receive him not but as many as received him to them gave he power to become sons of God.He remains Wonderful counselor. Everlasting father the prince of peace. Of the increase of his
government there shall be no end.the father of the fatherless the Husband of the widow The soon Coming KING MY
FATHER MY FRIEND MY FORGIVER.may God forgive all those who acted endorsed and approved of the film.
#ISTANDFORJESUS

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by meolaniyi(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
Christians are really tolerant.
I am a Muslim and l can only imagine what would have happened if this was about Mohammed.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by Trafalgar(m): 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
This is why I will keep praising Muslims,what Charlie hebdo did was nothing compared to this and there was chaos in France,how can Netflix portrayed Jesus as gay and we God Dame church going wannabe Christian ain't doing a Dame thing about it.I wish we could bring back the era of the crusaders cos Christianity has lost it's protection.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
It is wrong to depict a character of a religion that is offensive to them. You see why people avoid insulting the Moslem
faith and the Qur'an? You know what will come next. But with Christianity, they undermine us because of our tolerance.
May God take control. They must know, God cannot be mocked. They would answer for it in the end of time or maybe in this world. Remember, lies and deceit and mockery of the King of Kings is from the devil. Know the true cause of this and beware. Jesus is Holy, a typical figure of God. If you see Him you have seen the Father. Are you saying God has gay tendencies or its His will for man to imbibe it? Hmmm... Insulting God indirectly. Who will save you from His
judgement? Only Jesus, the One you are insulting.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
That judge is mad, would this not cause breach of peace in the society, even muslims and atheists find this very wrong and demeaning.

It's a pattern, next is mohammed and the Christian's would say "nothing was done about that of jesus"..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by daddytime(m): 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Provocating and inciting.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by ozoebuka1(m): 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Christians are too calm... We all know that this judge wouldn't have done that if it were some other religion we all know... The actors, the judges and the supporters would've been hunted down.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by itsme01: 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin

hypocites that call other peoples prophet peodophile, innocent people terrorist and their religion of piss are now going to supreme court cos a movie called theirs Gay even when there isnt any proof he isnt or he is

now you are feeling what they felt when you run arround muslim thread mocking and locking for trouble

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 12, 2020
I was just wondering what the writers and producer stand to gain from this...??
what audience are they trying to get to...the purpose of making movies is to make money. Why make a movie that won’t attract all class of audience.....

if the audience they are targeting are those that don’t like anything Jesus, a lot of people that don’t like anything Jesus are straight people who find gay stuff repulsive....

A lot of gay people who claim to be Christians don’t even see Jesus in a sexual context at all let alone seeing him as gay...hence, won’t find this movie cool at all even though they are gay....

Am I misssing something?? Why make a movie that a lot of people won’t watch or will find offensive

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
itsme01:
grin

hypocites that call other peoples prophet peodophile, innocent people terrorist and their religion of piss are now going to supreme court cos a movie called theirs Gay even when there isnt any proof he isnt or he is

now you are feeling what they felt when you run arround muslim thread mocking and locking for trouble

Wait...just becos some insultive people call mohammed a paedophile on nairaland now means all Christians in Brazil including those that took the case to court say the same thing....
This is too much....so any one that insults mohammed on nairaland is automatically a Christian....?
non-Christians, atheist and a whole bunch of people are on nairaland and in the world...

this is why u Muslims use jihad wrongly. someone offends ur religions or faith, that means the person is a Christian especially if the person is American, French or some other western world. Hence,random people on the streets have to die for by bombing
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by edoairways: 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jahotblog:
Such disrespect to the king of kings, Lord of Lords, i am that i am, eternal rock of ages, the one who was and who is to come, the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscience, Jehovah Yahweh. In short, ban the film.
Indeed! However to respect him don't watch that movie
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by edoairways: 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2020
meolaniyi:
Christians are really tolerant.
I am a Muslim and l can only imagine what would have happened if this was about Mohammed.
Yeah they are but many of the actors are Christians (by name)

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by itsme01: 1:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Wait...just becos some insultive people call mohammed a paedophile on nairaland now means all Christians in Brazil including those that took the case to court say the same thing....
This is too much....so any one that insults mohammed on nairaland is automatically a Christian....?
non-Christians, atheist and a whole bunch of people are on nairaland and in the world...

this is why u Muslims use jihad wrongly. someone offends ur religions or faith, that means the person is a Christian especially if the person is American, French or some other western world. Hence,random people on the streets have to die for by bombing

typical hypocrites doing the same thing he is preaching against

You say we muslim kill you on the street, well news flash, we have over 2 billion muslims, and less than few thousand have killed even chicken before

yet a producer also expressed his opinion that 33 year old Jesus who died without a wife and moves only with 12 Male desciples some of which where unmarried or never married also, you lots rushed to the court to stop him

so because some individuals engage in crimes and terrorism 2 billion muslims are all terrorist?
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
meanwhile, Daddy G.O son, Pastor Leke Adeboye preached about first fruits and the time it should be paid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCKEpnKWRGU
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2020
edoairways:
Indeed! However to respect him don't watch that movie
I don't watch it.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by Fasindo: 2:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
shocked

Christians ar going to court to seek for justice in a peaceful manner,
They didn't bomb any where
They didn't kill anybody
They didn't kill Moslems
They didn't kidnap anybody
They didn't protest
They didn't burn US flag
They have not course crises anywhere

Netflix should do a movie of gay Mohammed (PBUH) let's see if Moslems will seek justice in court since they are religion of peace
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by sammyj: 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2020
angry shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked End time judge !!! angry angry angry shocked shocked shocked
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2020
itsme01:

typical hypocrites doing the same thing he is preaching against

You say we muslim kill you on the street, well news flash, we have over 2 billion muslims, and less than few thousand have killed even chicken before

yet a producer also expressed his opinion that 33 year old Jesus who died without a wife and moves only with 12 Male desciples some of which where unmarried or never married also, you lots rushed to the court to stop him

so because some individuals engage in crimes and terrorism 2 billion muslims are all terrorist?

Wait... I don’t get what is bugging u about going to court....are u saying it’s wrong for the people in Brazil to use a legal means to stop insult against their beliefs??
If it were some Muslims people would have died by now, because u won’t only assume Netflix is a christain company but u will also destroy the live of people walking and living around Netflix.

2 I never claimed all Muslims are terrorist I don’t know where u got that from ....I only claim u guys that engage in jihad use jihad wrongly....
And jihad isn’t some muslim’s belief, it is all Muslims beliefs ...
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by edoairways: 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jahotblog:
I don't watch it.
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
edoairways:

Ok
I hope u too don't watch it.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by edoairways: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jahotblog:
I hope u too don't watch it.
I have stopped watching Hollywood movies I rather watch something else
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by 9jahotblog: 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
edoairways:

I have stopped watching Hollywood movies I rather watch something else
wow surprising. that's a good move bro.
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Support Of The Neflix Movie Depicting Jesus As A Gay Man by edoairways: 10:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
9jahotblog:
wow surprising. that's a good move bro.
Yeah

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Where Can I Download Nollywood Movies in mp3 / Top 10 Lesbian Movies Of The 2010s ----------------------------------rapidmantra / Anyone Going To See The Movie Phatz Girls This Friday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.