Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 (20725 Views)

2023: Presidency Not For Tinubu's Type - Senator Adeyeye / 2023: Osinbajo Is The Chosen Man Of The Moment - Senator Adeyeye / 2023: SWAGA Will Save APC From Embarrassing Defeat - Senator Adeyeye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by nairavsdollars(f): 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Senator Sola Adeyeye, a Professor of Biology, was the Chief Whip in the 8th Senate where he represented Osun Central Senatorial District. He featured as a guest on Channels Television where he spoke on latest developments in the polity such as rumoured Third Term agenda, state police, restructuring and other issues. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI who monitored the session brings the excerpts:

President Buhari recently said he is not contemplating going for a Third term, but the PDP said he doesn’t need to say that while Pastor Tunde Bakare said he should pick his successor. Where do you stand on this?

First and foremost, there has been so much rumours in the press and social media about third term. If the President had kept totally quiet, the same PDP will say ‘oh, he has kept quiet because he is planning third term’. Now the man now said and I believe him that he is going to leave in 2023, and he has no choice than to leave because that’s what our constitution says. Even if we change that constitution, the beneficiary will not be the present occupier of that office. In any case by the grace of God, we will not change that constitution in that respect. Therefore, I believe the President when he said he is not considering a third term and I believe that the PDP is playing extremely poor politics that the nation does not need at this critical time.

What is the extremely poor politics?

We need to focus on the problems of the nation. We need to focus on the problem of federalism; we need to focus on the problem of resources. For a nation of about 200 million people, we just passed a budget of $29b, a bit more than the budget of Harvard University for one year. Egypt with only about a hundred million people passed a budget of about $90b. South Africa with only about 34 million people, that is about 17 percent of the population of Nigeria passed a budget of about of $130b. We are in a mess. We are pathetically poor and Nigerian politicians are acting as if things are honky-dory. They are not!

As a chieftain of the APC, you said the problem of Nigeria is the present constitution, but why has your party not done anything about this constitution?

Unfortunately, the issue of amending the constitution belongs primarily to the legislature. People can blame Buhari for all they want; People can blame Oshiomhole for all they want. As far as I am concerned, the bulk begins on the table of Dr. Ahmad Lawan , the President of the Nigerian Senate and Barrister Femi Gbajabiamila, the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Let them begin the process now. That does not mean we should go through the same exercise we went through in the past. If we do, we will end up with the same result that we had in the past. What do I mean by that? If we try to revive the whole thing, you get bogged down by all kinds of issue, and at the end you achieve nothing. Let them take specific items, debate them and set for this republic a target of what we can achieve in the next three years. If we don’t achieve them in the next three years, by the time the election stream gets full blast in 2022, it will be too late to do anything.

Where do you leave the issue of the 2014 national conference?

Had anybody gone to court to challenge that conference, he would have won because even the constitution does not have room for such a body. That is why I believe we should hold to the tip of the current legislature. Let us not deceive ourselves. There is nowhere in the world where constitiutions are changed drastically overnight. Some of these things will be done piecemeal but I believe there are five or six items that we can look at critically. If we look at them, we will begin to move this nation forward. For example, I am glad that the federal government and the governors now are talking about state policing. Only this past week, we read about ‘Operation Amotekun. Whatever it means, I know that some state governors will take it. Here in Lagos, we have LASTMA. Whether we like it or not, LASTMA is a kind of police. There is a way in which this current constitution, we can push it to its limit and I believe that the state governors should be bold enough to do that.

How can they do that?

Under President Olusegun Obasanjo, the then governor of Zamfara state, Ahmed Yerima pushed this nation to its limits with his Sharia law and he got away with it. The whole thing has now created some kinds of problems that we have in some states in Nigeria, because as Obasanjo said and I believe correctly, what Yerima was doing then was political sharia. But the truth is, he pushed the system and some governors in the South needs to be courageous; some governors in the Middle-Belt need to be courageous and I dare say that some governors in the North need to be courageous to say ‘Some of these things are not working for us, what can we do to make this Republic work? Why should the import of a Republic of about 200 million people go through only one port? Ports in the United States don’t even belong to the federal government, they don’t even belong to the state, they belong to the cities and yet, in all of those ports, they are manned by federal agents. Let’s give Warri a chance to build a port, let’s give Port Harcourt a chance to build a port, give Calabar a chance to build a port . Just put checks in places that they don’t become places where the integrity of the country can be compromised. Once you do that, we will free Lagos. Apapa right now is a chaos and it is a shame to all Africans, especially Nigeria.

https://www.independent.ng/buhari-has-no-choice-but-to-leave-in-2023-adeyeye/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by GloriaNinja(f): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2020
lipsrsealed undecided 2023 IS EVEN TOO LONG JARE

9 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by MalcoImX: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Wrong choice of heading. You made it sound like the man is against Buhari.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by mahakexchange(m): 1:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
Before nko!

Fast, honest and reliable I buy bitcoin and gift cards at the best rate you can ever get contact me on WhatsApp - 09070304779 / mahakexchange@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by itsme01: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
cool

this is a statement of fact, should he spend an extra day, US would sanction him and force his hands down

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by boliswitpassprik(m): 1:50pm On Jan 12, 2020
Abeg make these politicians go sleep!
instead of focusing on how to make the country a better place before 2023(even though our president na zombie) you're looking for who would succeed Buhari in three whole years time. Mtcheeew.

Anyways, if only Buhari had listened to my advice and make Boli our major source of foreign exchange Nigeria wouldn't be where it is today. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by helinues: 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
grin
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by hisexcellency34: 2:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
ha ha..go and remove him today nah
GloriaNinja:
lipsrsealed undecided 2023 IS EVEN TOO LONG JARE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Yankiss(m): 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
Buhari has no choice but we have to be alert. OBJ had no choice back then but wasted tax payers money to the tune of billions of dollars. If not for an alert VP, Atiku, he could have had his way. Today, Buhari has foot-soldiers that are fanatical about him, forget his nonperformance. With a rubber stamp VP, National assembly and CJN and a powerful presidency cabal and dependent Service chiefs to boot, we have to be careful and alert. I have said my own.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Brendaniel: 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
sure... he might even leave before then who knows? no be say die o, something could happen...

4 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Odphoto(m): 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Na you sabi .... if he leave fine ....... if he did not leave fine ...... God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Worldwarnews: 8:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Of course.

Meanwhile, here are four good reasons why Tiwa Savage is all over Wizkid. Even if you were in Tiwa shoes, you would fall for number three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnSNKhCHgjE
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
It was easy for Obj to go for third term than Buhari thinking of third term

Like who are those useless animals suggesting that a man that retrogress this country far away should go for third term? Na so these bunch of 13th century scallywags love poverty reach

As far as I'm concern, the elites(capitalist) are making it big in this cow govt while the poor are getting poorer in a country that's operating mixed economy

Buhari is a punishment to any sane nations. That guy have no business in governance if not for military elevation

He's backward in everything

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Wiifesnatcher(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Odphoto:
Na you sabi .... if he leave fine ....... if he did not leave fine ...... God bless Nigeria

How did God want to bless Nigeria with that crooks and nonentity in Asorock?

Is just like parents praying for their brain dead kid he will pass in the exam he's not prepared for?

You should rather channel the prayer on God should save Nigeria and Nigerians from Buhari political naivety and political misplace priorities that might put this country in a sorry case before/ahead his exit

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Holher223: 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
When he's not mad
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
See your sake in the 9th Senate

6 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by contigiency(m): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
I don't know why this issue is being over flogged. In the first place, the man never said he wants to contest again. But confusionists decided to keep themselves busy with that, simply because their head was assuming things.

Then, the president came out to put the issue to rest by stating categorically that based on constitutional provision, he will not be eligible to contest again. And therefore, he shall surely leave office in 2023. Yet the media still dwell on the matter as if there are no other events taking place that they need to report.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by ainas247: 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2020
cool He won stay before?
sad sad sad sad

Do you need people to see you business on Google
chat up now
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Jack500: 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
Of course, Osibanjo is the next president.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by IamPatriotic(m): 8:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
out of context

3 Likes

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by 9jamag(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
Ahhh, shey he no go leave office before??

Are you in need of a professional, effective & affordable Website Design for your business or organization? See my signature to contact us today.
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by SamUnbeatable(m): 8:11pm On Jan 12, 2020
there is no thought of him staying beyond that year , him and his cabals shuld jejely evacuate Villa come 2023......
we are fedup with the change govnt....
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by StarUp: 8:13pm On Jan 12, 2020
Don't be deceived, GMB may leave physically but his foot soldiers will still be in the Villa to take orders from the cabals outside.
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Kingpele(m): 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
I don't know why pdp is so addicted to federal money, this is why they are playing divise politics, u were in power for 16 years without much achievement yet you still want to return back to power, though ApC for now is not really doing well but a pdp is no no for me.. Let another party enter 2023 period...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Ayoswit(f): 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
K
Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Saint99: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
We are still watching.

Re: Senator Adeyeye: Buhari Has No Choice But To Leave In 2023 by Ogegeodey(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
My favorite senator during his days in the chamber. Very logical man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Visits Governor Wike Over Death Of Emmanuel Aguma (Photos) / PDP Asks Oshiomhole To Present Primary Six Certificate / AFCON: We Shouldn’t Write Off Super Eagles, Buhari Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.