Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn (18198 Views)

Customs Generates N3.2 Trillion Revenue In 2023 / How Can One Remove 3tr 'old' Notes, Print Only 300b New Notes & Not Expect Chaos / Railway Corporation Seeks N61.5b For Maintenance, Generates N1.13b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Averey: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
why is nigeria not born the same day with america.
how was america in 265yrs back.
[/s]
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Mightyhaiz: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Seenyo:

for the records, i campaigned/voted buhari in 2015 but dude proved to be a gross/compound fiasco & i don't support failure/stupidity!
F*ck your apc/pdp cos you all are SAME self-serving THIEVES!

& finally, damn your mentally mal-functional mother for birthing a brain-dead simpleton like you!

Useless baaaaaaaaaaaaaastard of a thousand fathers! Bring it on...foooooooooooooool!
I've got ur time.....
Now,this is killing a rat with a howitzer! cry

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Commentor: 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
chewwie:

7 trillion Naira budget, 5 trillion in taxes, 1 trillion from customs, more than 1.5 million barrels of oil per day.
1. We have an estimated population of 201 million people. With 28% unemployment rate, the USA is at 3.4%, but Trump is clueless according to CNN.
2. How much is our minimum wage? How many people are employed in Nigeria?
3. Our GDP per capita is egregiously low, even Angola has a higher GDP per capita.
Again, if 3-4 sectors can finance our annual budgets, why do we need to borrow unpayable sums to finance our budgets? Why can't we get our refineries and steel companies working? Why can't we have world class healthcare and education? Why do hundreds of thousands of children and pregnant women still die from malaria? Why do most regions in Nigeria lack electricity and clean water? Where do all these funds go?
Hell, our government need to start giving a precise audit on how annual revenues are spent.

We must borrow if we must meet infrastructural targets.

We must borrow if we are decades behind on the aforementioned infrastructure.

Our GDP Per Capita is what every Nigerian should worry about.

When it is said the average Nigerian only generates 2k dollars in a year, who is to blame if not everyone?

For the refineries and steel sector, we cannot continue to do the same thing whilst expecting a different result - our public sector running business over the years shows a trend.

We must sell the refineries and I'm sure we would by 2022.

Private steel manufacturers are presently popping up around the country whilst Ajaokuta must be broken into fragments and sold off.

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Averey: 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
mention one country that doesnt borrow
[/s]
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Averey: 8:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
hahahaaa in 2014 custom earn only 200 billion .pls stop fooooling your mama
[/s]
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Tumadre: 8:04pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

Is the naira getting stronger? The last time I checked Hell No?

My guy, stop responding to helinues. They either choose to be ignorant or they don’t have the mental capacity to comprehend inflation and that they’re being deceived. You can’t help everyone

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by chewwie(m): 8:08pm On Jan 12, 2020
Commentor:

We must borrow if we must meet infrastructural targets.

We must borrow if we are decades behind on the aforementioned infrastructure.

Our GDP Per Capita is what every Nigerian should worry about.

When it is said the average Nigerian only generates 2k dollars in a year, who is to blame if not everyone?

For the refineries and steel sector, we cannot continue to do the same thing whilst expecting a different result - our public sector running business over the years shows a trend.

We must sell the refineries and I'm sure we would by 2022.

Private steel manufacturers are presently popping up around the country whilst Ajaokuta must be broken into fragments and sold off.

Borrowing should be used to fund capital projects, i.e., projects that'll yield revenue.
Yes, we MUST sell all the refineries and steel companies COMPLETELY! Unlike the nonsense Goodluck did with PHCN. No more government regulations, subsidies, in the word of conservative Americans, Ben Carson to be precise, we should rise and fall according to our strengths and weaknesses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Phyde: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:
Good.
So, why is Buhari borrowing
To spend on governance
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by BreconHills(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
Commentor:

Same reason America borrows.

Good answer.

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by GamalNasser: 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
plaindealer:

Are the currency values the same then and now?

Your reasoning is below elementary.

At your age you still don't know why currencies are measured against another more stable currency to unearth it's true value ..or would U rather I do the conversion in gold ..was it not Buharis bad leadership that wrecked the value of the Naira
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by harryportter: 8:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
ManirBK:
The likes of Col.Ali is what Nigeria need to progress, his resolute doggedness in pursuing import,export and border related crimes & its actors save our economy and makes him an icon worthy of emulation,the leadership qualities he display steer the custom service to excellence and says a lot to what the present led administration stands for.Sai Buhari sai nextlevel
mumu.audio money. Since 2015 have u noticed any change yet? Rather it's increased foreign borrowing. NA AUDIO MONEY JOOR. OGBENI
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by BreconHills(m): 8:20pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Convert this figure to dollars you will see the Nigerian customs of has been in reality earning less since 2014 .. in 2014 Nigerians customs revenue was 978. Billion naira and when converted into 2014 dollar it comes to 5.9 billion dollars and the compare with a conversion of 2019 revenue of 1.3 trillion naira which comes to 3.6 billion dollars meaning there is a drop in value of 2.3 billion dollars which means the customs is actually earning far less ... Buhari is a total failure

Why do you convert to usd as the money is used for local currency obligations. Why do you use 2014 as a base year and not the year this administration took over? Why dont you compare the list of 2018, 2019 banned items in the green book to get a true idea of performance because for sure we are importing far less today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Charly68: 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
The chief custom officer is an asset to this Govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by adekolaelect(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Convert this figure to dollars you will see the Nigerian customs of has been in reality earning less since 2014 .. in 2014 Nigerians customs revenue was 978. Billion naira and when converted into 2014 dollar it comes to 5.9 billion dollars and the compare with a conversion of 2019 revenue of 1.3 trillion naira which comes to 3.6 billion dollars meaning there is a drop in value of 2.3 billion dollars which means the customs is actually earning far less ... Buhari is a total failure
a paid service wailer always apply their knowledge on negativities simply they are paid to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by olaolaking: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
Davash222:
Good.
So, why is Buhari borrowing
Because you have close to 500 national assembly members who pocket about 15m monthly. That is about 7 billions every month

2 Likes

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by splashbaby(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Intresting... That means ₦30000 minimum wage is roughly $83 with the exchange rate now... The ₦18000 was worth $108 then. Labour unions are just busy collecting bribes and destroying worker's lifes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by AlphaT1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Bros your brain is working.... It's unfortunate that majority of our masses/citizens have sold their brains to stupidity and "mumuness".

2 Likes

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by AlphaT1(m): 9:17pm On Jan 12, 2020
PassingShot:

You are the olodo here. The revenue wasn't collected in dollars and we don't spend dollars but naira.

Stop trying hard to appear smart.
More than 70% of those revenues are in dollars, don't be deceived. Your tokunbo cars are bought in dollars..custom charges 35% of the cost price e.g 35% of $7000 and convert the amount to Naira for the customer to pay. Same thing goes for NIMASA and the rest....You can never take dollar out of the equation. In fact, it is the only hard currency you meet onboard vessels/ships.
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by ada9ja(f): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

Okay let's use Gold ? You people wasted all your time in school that's why despite all the prayers and juju you can't go beyond second hand Toyota and one ugly house and that's after cheating someone ooo...abeg park well

See u wey go school, your response shows u were forced to graduate even if u go
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by GamalNasser: 9:30pm On Jan 12, 2020
ada9ja:

See u wey go school, your response shows u were forced to graduate even if u go

Own two companies worth over a billion naira .. Goodluck in hating me but I have escaped mediocrity ..Apart from going school I am naturally smart

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by ada9ja(f): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

Own two companies worth over a billion naira .. Goodluck in hating me but I have escaped mediocrity ..Apart from going school I am naturally smart

I Neva do this

Please I give just 2mins to release the names or keep quite

And you have the right to ask for mine and let see who is the efulefu here
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by Brunicekid(m): 9:33pm On Jan 12, 2020
helinues:

Stop listening to Radio biafra for your source of information, Una no go gree.

Nigeria customs generated less than N1tr in 2014
Value of dollars then was lower.
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by GamalNasser: 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2020
ada9ja:

I Neva do this

Please I give just 2mins to release the names or keep quite

And you have the right to ask for mine and let see who is the efulefu here

You can never be my mate intellectually so go and sleep , I am a born innovator you are the typical dull Nigerian that needs to kiss ass to survive . I should call Business name so my licence can be revoked ko ? Please go and sleep you think talking PDP APC requires any intelligence . Please go and find your brain grade to play with
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by plaindealer: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

At your age you still don't know why currencies are measured against another more stable currency to unearth it's true value ..or would U rather I do the conversion in gold ..was it not Buharis bad leadership that wrecked the value of the Naira

Nigeria devalues naira and raises rates after oil price slide

25 November 2014

Nigeria has devalued the naira, saying a drop in oil prices had made it hard to defend its currency.

The country's bank central bank also raised interest rates from 12% to 13% in a bid to stem foreign reserve loses.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-30196496

You mean PMB traveled back in time to 2014 when GEJ was the president to devalue that Naira?

Was it PMB the president when Nigeria was earning massive amount of dollars when oil was selling for $100/barrel and failed to diversify the economy?

Who depleted our reserves and declared austerity measures in 2014?

What was the reason why GEJ was borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary up until his last days in office?

This is the problem with liars and deceptive elements like you, you know nothing about Nigeria but you still want to open your mouth to spew rubbish about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:42pm On Jan 12, 2020
Johans1991:
why is nigeria not born the same day with america. how was america in 265yrs back.
So you are going to use age?
What happened in the 70s? Why was Nigeria's economy booming then and the Naira stronger than the dollar? You see where your "age theory" is FLAWED? You comparing Nigeria to USA from 200 years ago is just plain embarrassing grin
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by plaindealer: 9:47pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

With your vacuous brain and old age, you still can not answer a very basic and elementary question.

Are the currency value the same then and now?

Just answer yes or no.

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by GamalNasser: 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
plaindealer:

With your vacuous brain and old age, you still can not answer a very basic and elementary question.

Are the currency value the same then and now?

Just answer yes or no.

The fact you keep asking me this question tells me the state of your brain ,,Bro rally your brain cells to answer it please
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by plaindealer: 9:49pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

You can never be my mate intellectually so go and sleep , I am a born innovator you are the typical dull Nigerian that needs to kiss ass to survive . I should call Business name so my licence can be revoked ko ? Please go and sleep you think talking PDP APC requires any intelligence . Please go and find your brain grade to play with

No wonder, this joker is a standard issue and prototype chest beating ipob...

Innovator ko, fabricator ni..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by plaindealer: 9:52pm On Jan 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

The fact you keep asking me this question tells me the state of your brain ,,Bro rally your brain cells to answer it please

So, with all your nonsensical rant up and down, small question sacred you to start dodging and dancing?

How hard is it to say yes or no that the currency value was the same or not the same than and now?

This is what you get when you bite more than you can chew..

I know you won't answer the question because you saw the trap and the stupidity behind your flawed and toddler argument.

1 Like

Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by kabawa(m): 9:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
joyandfaith:

usually those agencies keep on telling us amount they generated yearly but they are not telling us operating cost of generating those revenue or running those agencies. I think the public is interested in amount being remitted to faac.

I understand stand your point.
Re: Customs Generates N1.3tr In 2019, Exceeds Target By N404bn by julius53: 10:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
Where is the money ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Leaves German Hospital, Checks Into Hotel / Your Wish On President Jonathan's Birthday / Dino Melaye Blasts Bello, Says He Paid Coordinators Money To Forge INEC Signatur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.