Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. (3014 Views)

Bbnaija’s Vee: I’ll Never Forgive Venita For Ruining My Relationship With Neo / Black Americans Blasts Dababy For 'ruining' wizkid's Essence (photos) / Omini The Great: Toke Makinwa Looks Like The Last Days Of Michael Jackson VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by DAVIDAZ: 1:51am On Jan 13, 2020
Toke Makinwa has criticized “all” African parents, dubbing them the “worst in the world” for “ruining lives” with unorthodox child-raising values.

The 35-year-old OAP took to a recent episode of her vlog where she vented her grievances about the parenting values among many African families which she said are “screwing up” lives.

Makinwa also spoke on issues spanning parents’ intolerance for opposite-sex friendship, their dictative stance on career choices, as well as their “penchant” for instilling fear in children.

Click on the link below to read full story:
https://gistupafrica.com/thanks-to-african-parents-for-ruining-our-lives-toke-makinwa/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Freestainworld(m): 2:06am On Jan 13, 2020
Relocate to the West and train yours there, did African parents teach you lesbianism? Did they teach you homosexuality? Did they teach you to call your parents by there names? Did they they also teach you to go about naked as a lady? What exactly did they ruin for you? They ruin you by teaching you the norms and values of your people? Some people without brain will still call this one their idle.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by tobechi20(m): 2:06am On Jan 13, 2020
she is partially right. parents do not do so intentionally. so they should be spared

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by StarUp: 2:45am On Jan 13, 2020
She's a Marlian so am not surprised... She wanted to be raised mannerless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by budaatum: 3:14am On Jan 13, 2020
All of us aim to do better than our parents. If I use Mummys Favourite Tool on my pikin I must be locked up!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by dangotesmummy: 3:21am On Jan 13, 2020
Well she's technically right however when you grow you are responsible for your life choices NOT YOUR PARENTS.your parents can instill force and fear to a certain level but after sometime it becomes your responsibility to make your life WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE and not your parents

I'm not absolving African parents.agreed they can sometimes be myopic e.g teaching us that only doctors, engineers and lawyers succeed.now it's careers that parents looked down on that's making money.for example they felt that music , football and movie making was for nobodies or nonetities and touts, now it's the music, sports and movies that are making money.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by MycroftHolmes: 3:49am On Jan 13, 2020
Your parents you mean?

For gods sake, you weren't in any other home apart form yours..

6 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by jeffizy(m): 3:52am On Jan 13, 2020
She should refer to her own parents and not all parents.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by hisgrace090: 4:06am On Jan 13, 2020
That fearful aspect is the worst training.

At last risk takers wins, no venture no venturity.

4 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by ehbellsho(m): 4:37am On Jan 13, 2020
If your parent we're tough on you back then I doubt if you would dress like this or come out publicly to say this thrash. Or wait let me say you are a.....

7 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by englishmart(m): 6:25am On Jan 13, 2020
Don't forget their business, if they don't post something controversial, they won't be on the blogs.
My parents raised me properly, I'm responsible for any rubbish, marlian behavior I exhibit.

5 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Temple1288(m): 7:13am On Jan 13, 2020
The Surgery enhanced bleaching 3 movie actress is at it again..

If her parents brought her up she wouldn't have screwed up Fadeyi's life...

My parents brought me up very well. The spanking, the fear! Everything!
Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 13, 2020
The best African parents the educated ones. If your papa or mama no get any clue, sorry sorry oh!

Them go flog you, curse you, swear for you, then when you don finally useless, them go mock you join grin

It is real out here in the ancient city!

3 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Onyi22(f): 7:39am On Jan 13, 2020
writefreely:
The best African parents the educated ones. If your papa or mama no get any clue, sorry sorry oh!

Them go flog you, curse you, swear for you, then when you don finally useless, them go mock you join grin

It is real out here in the ancient city!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by GreetMe(m): 8:10am On Jan 13, 2020
Freestainworld:
Relocate to the West and train yours there, did African parents teach you lesbianism? Did they teach you homosexuality? Did they teach you to call your parents by there names? Did they they also teach you to go about naked as a lady? What exactly did they ruin for you? They ruin you by teaching you the norms and values of your people? Some people without brain will still call this one their idle.

Partially correct given some points she raised there. I didn't see her talk about any of the things you're saying here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:42am On Jan 13, 2020
Talk about your mum that ruined your life but MAAMI didn't ruined my thank you maami
Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Randy100: 8:45am On Jan 13, 2020
Nonsense. I will still raise my children the way my parents did. I will even increase the flogging self. They must have sense by force.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by itsme01: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2020
cool

She has no moral justification to speak on this issue, she isnt a mother or a parent,.

I used to have such liberal veiws on parenting but that changed , you must be strict in other not to end up with a marlian as kid

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Keemsleek005(m): 9:52am On Jan 13, 2020
Am sorry to say these the lady needs to get her head checked, no wonder no man wants her, she's just frustrated.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Jeamillz2020(m): 11:14am On Jan 13, 2020
If her mom throw way her or kill her at birth we will be saying the mom is wicked now look at this dog creating nuisance
Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by flyingdutchman(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
Will you keep Kwayet
Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by nazablossom(f): 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2020
And her parents taught her how to bleach and do butt surgery.

Descendant of Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Amujale(m): 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
As long as the universe remains in existence, noone can ruin the African.

We ought to be bigging up our parents not attempting to blame them uneccessarily.

The courage and good deeds amongst some our parents that brought about The Civil Rights Movements and all the other progressive activities that are based on Liberation, and Equal Rights initiatives.

Yet, due to the fact that we have the luxury of the latest techniques, some historians point out that perhaps the Civil Rights Movements should have chosen Commerce above any other progressive action. As in, they should have focused their efforts on assisting their communities learn how to become financially savy.

One would have to put oneself in their position in order to make that descision.

Perhaps they thought of these things and for good reasons they chose against that, perhaps they didnt, as our parents would say, hind sight is a good thing.
Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Charmingrascal(m): 10:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
If your own parent ruined your life, my parent didn't ruin mine.

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by MOnkeyBabe(f): 11:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Well she's technically right however when you grow you are responsible for your life choices NOT YOUR PARENTS.your parents can instill force and fear to a certain level but after sometime it becomes your responsibility to make your life WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE and not your parents

I'm not absolving African parents.agreed they can sometimes be myopic e.g teaching us that only doctors, engineers and lawyers succeed.now it's careers that parents looked down on that's making money.for example they felt that music , football and movie making was for nobodies or nonetities and touts, now it's the music, sports and movies that are making money.

Nonentities and touts lool. We used to call it hunger zone that year. Now I call it grandma joins bad gang. Because even grandma donsettle for those kind runs.

1 Like

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Amujale(m): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:

Firstly, the initial advice was based on a widely accepted theory as well as being an educated guess. It's still considered as 'good' advice.

Secondly, not many people saw that trend coming.

Furthermore, I truly get your point here. Perhaps the way for one to look at that is that they was simply misinformed.

And that assuming they had the correct information infront of them, then efforts to engage and incoporate the new trend would've been made.

Plus, our parents arent to blame for globalisation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by dangotesmummy: 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
Amujale:

Firstly, the initial advice was based on a widely accepted theory as well as being an educated guess. It's still considered as 'good' advice.

Secondly, not many people saw that trend coming.

Furthermore, I truly get your point here. Perhaps the way for one to look at that is that they was simply misinformed.

And that assuming they had the correct information infront of them, then efforts to engage and incoporate the new trend would've been made.

Plus, our parents arent to blame for globalisation.
I am an example.i remembered as a kid,I usually save the pocket money to buy baking materials which was bwhat I enjoyed doing then.when I come back from school my dad will say stop wasting gas and bake, cooking is for nobodies.how can I be alive and my child will be cooking for others.go and read your book.you must be a lawyer, doctor,engineer or accountant not chef and it was so painful.

It was parents that started segregating professions that this one is for decent people and this one is not for decent people

2 Likes

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Amujale(m): 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
dangotesmummy:
I am an example.i remembered as a kid,I usually save the pocket money to buy baking materials which was bwhat I enjoyed doing then.when I come back from school my dad will say stop wasting gas and bake, cooking is for nobodies.how can I be alive and my child will be cooking for others.go and read your book.you must be a lawyer, doctor,engineer or accountant not chef and it was so painful.

It was parents that started segregating professions that this one is for decent people and this one is not for decent people

Yes, thanks to our parents for always wanting the best for us.

Btw, you can still be chef at your own pleasure.
Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by dangotesmummy: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
Amujale:

Yes, thanks to our parents for always wanting the best for us.

Btw, you can still be chef at your own pleasure.

yes I try though but it's not coming out of me like before

1 Like

Re: Thanks To African Parents For Ruining Our Lives—toke Makinwa. by Simplebeauty: 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
angry

(1) (Reply)

Adekunle Gold Reacts As Female Fan Begs To Be His Second Wife / “bobrisky Is In Trouble, His Fake Surgery Yansh Don Burst” – Blogger Exposed Bob / Lol-kemi Olunloyo Accuses Bianca Ojukwu Of Insulting Annie Idibia On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.