Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

What's The Difference Between Amotekun And Local Vigilantes Scatter Accross... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Difference Between Amotekun And Local Vigilantes Scatter Accross... (310 Views)

6 Killed As Local Vigilantes Avenge Leader Killed By Fulanis In Sokoto. / What Nnamdi Kanu Revealed About Amotekun And Why You Don't Hear About It Anymore / Nnamdi Kanu Spits: IPOB Will Support Amotekun And There Is Nothing Fulani Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Amotekun And Local Vigilantes Scatter Accross... by ngadaAwo: 6:48am On Jan 13, 2020
can't seems to figure out the difference since the police has technically reduced them to normal local vigilantees every states have.

here are my reasons
Amotekun cannot prosecute or detain a suspect legally without involving the police just like many local vigilantes accross states.
they still needs the police when a suspect is caught so what's the difference between them and a scorpion squad vigilante in far Anambra?

Amotekun cannot carry assault riffles like AK 47
they'll be lucky to get the approval of short and dane guns just like what we have in many local vigilantes
so what's the whole noise about the so called state police?

This is just another local vigilante set up being done by many states since God knows when.
it's similar to that of bakkassi boys accross the east then but i doubt they'll be ruthless like that in this modern era.

so i dont see anything special in this program, i know that's not how many people especially SW governors want it but they have no choice than to accept the fact that state police can only be approved by national assembly and buhari and unfortunately i don't see that happening soon.

to me Hisbah police are even more powerful than this new Security called Amotekun.

God bless us
Re: What's The Difference Between Amotekun And Local Vigilantes Scatter Accross... by itsme01: 7:19am On Jan 13, 2020
cool

Shout Yeast should mind their business, Amotekun this, Amotekun that.. abeg let us be naa No wonder God seprated us with River Niger

(1) (Reply)

How Primate Ayodele Predicted Benue, Plateau State Supreme Court Outcome / Tambuwal Replaces Dickson As PDP Governors’ Forum Chairman / Miyetti Allah: Why We’re Against Amotekun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.