Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

Mrs. Respect - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mrs. Respect (137 Views)

"Not Even As An Unbeliever Will My Husband Rape Someone" Mrs Fatoyinbo / The Man You Marry Can Make Or Break You – Mrs. Oritsejafor / "Respect other People's Belief" Is Arguably The Most Hypocritical Statement Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mrs. Respect by toyinaremu(f): 11:52am On Jan 13, 2020
Once in a month, we usually go for visitation in my church to check member's welfare and to pray for them. At random, we choose the members to visit, and we decided to visit Mrs. Aderemi one fateful day.

Mrs. A as she's fondly called, is a devoted member of the church, everyone loves her especially as she accords respects to people.

Have you seen her talk or greet the pastor? Oh my God, it is with total reverence; infact that could be the definition of total humility. We visited her because she has not been around for a while due to the nature of her work.

On getting to her house, we knocked at the gate severally with no response and seeing the gate opened, we entered only to discover something to the greatest shock of our lives. We heard Mrs. A shouting on her husband and we could barely hear the man speak.

Being curious, I told others to hold on so we can get the picture of what was going on. When her voice was low, I heard her husband saying, "How could you? You respect our pastor so much than you do to me, you are never submissive and you are adamant. Hiding your true self from people will not give you the help you need," he spoke angrily.

At this point I was lost in thought, while ruminating on how she respects people but never to her husband.

At last, we made our way into their house and quickly introduced ourselves. We pretended as though we did not hear anything but our faces betrayed us as we could not hide our feelings.

There was absolute silence in the house, till someone broke it to address the matter.

Why do you respect your man of God so much and you give no regard to the man in your life?

Hear me, stop thinking your pastor is an angel and has no weaknesses or shortcomings, get close to your pastor's wife and you will be shocked hearing some things about him. This is not to blackmail anyone but to make you understand that pastors are first human, before the calling of God upon their lives.

The grass is not totally green at the other side, those things you do not like in him could be what your pastor struggles with too.

When you dishonour your husband, you dishonour God; you should respect your spiritual leaders but never above your spouse (husband or wife).

Mbok check yourself now, if the honor you give your pastor is more than your spouse, receive resetting now in Jesus name, because that's hypocrisy.

Story: Fiction

(1) (Reply)

What You See Is What You Get / How Do We Know That God Accept Offerings Been Offered Today / In The Right Direction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.