Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (99896 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / My Poultry Farming Experience! / Please Can Turkey Hatch Their Eggs By Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by TRUSTEDGUY: 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
Samoranoe:

Noooooooooo!!
Ur enemy may change and become ur tight friend
Think twice

Your enemies fit kill you
Think twice
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by karkinase(m): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
post=85786811:

[s]This is a very dangerous snake. shocked
We are so happy for you that you found the culprit at last.
It's worth celebrating. wink[/s]

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
Cobra, by the neck ye shall know it

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by dynicks(m): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Respect55:

Who am I...
thanks bro...
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Ashley86400: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
That is NOT a Black Mamba.

This is a black necked spitting Cobra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Bbbwings: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
gather here if you know you have seen a black snake in your house in the night when there was no light and you still manage to kill it.
we are heroes..
gather here
Yinmu.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Akalia(m): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
essienasuquo:
Pls who has old Diamond Bank Atm card,kindly contact me asap via 08134340380.so we can transact.thanks
whatsapp (08034775268)
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Namdeenero(m): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nigerians sef cheesy All black snakes are Black mamba.... That’s a fvcking spitting cobra!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by sharpwriter(m): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
KingAzubuike:

That's a black necked spitting cobra. Native to sub Saharan Africa.

You and one other person got it right. It's a spitting cobra.

I been dey laugh at comments since, cos every black snake to most nairalanders is a black mamba cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Jaapu: 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
hisexcellency34:
This is no ordinary snake. Take it to Christ Embassy or Synagogue

And the award of the most foolish post today goes to...

5 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Ashley86400: 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2020
shilenji:
that's a black mamba, very potent venom which kill within 20mins, a drrop is enough to kill 20 fully grown adult men, it is expected since you have a poultry, you can't really prevent dem from coming but you can atleast get snake traps or plant a particulr leaf called taba leaf it wards dem off

It's a Blacked Necked Spitting Cobra, not a Black Mamba.

4 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by sharpwriter(m): 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2020
Namdeenero:
Nigerians sef cheesy All black snakes are Black mamba.... That’s a fvcking African spitting cobra!!

Don't mind dem.... They also wan prove say dem sabi... Yeye people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by kevotek1000(m): 12:51pm On Jan 14, 2020
Another innocent snake killed in hustling ground... The snake might be tired of eating rodents and decided to change diet. Me while now that you have killed this snake, how do you stew it?
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by auxano01(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Perfecttouchade: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
shilenji:
that's a black mamba, very potent venom which kill within 20mins, a drrop is enough to kill 20 fully grown adult men, it is expected since you have a poultry, you can't really prevent dem from coming but you can atleast get snake traps or plant a particulr leaf called taba leaf it wards dem off
you will surprise to find out that will even be doing hide and seek,who is in the garden together sef in that taba leaf, it doesn't chase them..get orogbo(bitterkola) and litter around..taaba doesn't work

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
Na mehn snake don relocate 4rm bush now e wan share house with man... I hate and detest snake that i have bought bitterkola up to 1k and am still buying every corner carry e own am still looking for another leaf or items to keep within the compound.

NB the look alone 4rm this snake u knw its very dangerous
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Ashley86400: 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
killed exactly this type in my poultry too years back. After several attempts to catch the culprit. My mum actually found it trying to digest a full grown broiler, around 4am. I use rake kill the bastard, but not without a fight as the mad thing dey throway spits grin
Yes, hence it's name.
It's a Black Necked Spitting Cobra.
E too like to dey spit.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by johnpablo541(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
wamide042:

Kesto my Queen... that’s Black mamba and it’s very deadly...
so in other words lala.. is also deadly.

Black Mambas are not black in skin color. They are called black mambas because of the black color inside their mouth when they open their mouth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by djoe21(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
SLAP44:
The African Black mamba

That's not a black mamba. It is not by the colour of the body you know a black mamba but by the colour of the inside mouth which of course is black.

3 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by BB9ja007: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
Put bitter kola around. I heard dey hate it
Joehigashi:
More
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Ashley86400: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
lucky4west:
that is a deadly black, also the most common snake to see close to dwelling places...it probably has been living in one of the roofs around you or your own ceiling, or any hoe around..it is a neighborhood snake
Lol, you're telling a Nigerian a snake is living on his roof. grin
Bro u wicked small.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Ijaya123: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
shilenji:

That is not a black mamba. Do your research well bro.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Centcanada: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Cobra and egg licking is concumittant.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by aflovic: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
This is matured black cobra. It is not venomous but it spit a lot for self defense. It can only attack when it has no means of escape.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
Happy New Year Lala grin
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Ashley86400: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Lol i wonder if you people reason at all or make research before talking. How can you mention a snake that is only found in far away Australia .grin

I've already answered the OP in my previous comment
Lol, they don't actually read the facts about snakes without typing.
That snake is a Black necked spitting Cobra.

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by freeDR(m): 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
moneymakingmach:

Broooooooool
It's a black man very deadly,thank God say e no bite you it's very very venomous,they know how to sneak and lives among houses ok,about stopping the reoccurrence I don't knowa
Stop being annoyingly stupid. Stop saying things you don't know. Before you come online to make statements, do some cross-checking.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by djoe21(m): 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ashley86400:

Yes, hence it's name.
It's a Black Necked Spitting Cobra.
E too like to dey spit.

You are right.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by vezycash(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Joehigashi:
What Kind Of Snake Is This?

I have a mini poultry and for months I noticed eggs are being tampered with.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-bellied_black_snake
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
essienasuquo:
Pls who has old Diamond Bank Atm card,kindly contact me asap via 08134340380.so we can transact.thanks

Old diamond Atm is there any benefit going own bcus i even got two...
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by michealdeco: 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
A redbellied snake I think

But it's no way near a black mamba

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by AreaFada2: 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
shilenji:
Dude, black mamba is not black. More like greyish/dark grey colour mostly. Only its mouth is black inside. This looks like a type of cobra. By the way not all cobras are black too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) / What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.