Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars (4444 Views)

Police Wrongly Parade Movie Prop Manager As Criminal In Akwa Ibom (photo) / Man Eats Burnt Body Of A Criminal In Delta State (Graphic Photos) / Man Spends 17 Years In Jail Over Resemblance With Real Criminal In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by ALAGOGO007(m): 6:08am On Jan 14, 2020
Meet Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria (1 December 1949 – 2 December 1993) a Colombian drug lord and narcoterrorist who founded and was the sole leader of the Medellín Cartel. Dubbed "The King of Cocaine", Escobar is the wealthiest criminal in history, having amassed an estimated net worth of US$30 billion by the time of his death—equivalent to $59 billion as of 2019—while his drug cartel monopolized the cocaine trade into the United States in the 1980s and 1990s.

Born in Rionegro and raised in Medellín, Escobar studied briefly at Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana of Medellín, but left without graduating; he instead began engaging in criminal activity, selling illegal cigarettes and fake lottery tickets, as well as participating in motor vehicle theft. In the early 1970s, he began to work for various drug smugglers, often kidnapping and holding people for ransom.

In 1976, Escobar founded the Medellín Cartel, which distributed powder cocaine, and established the first smuggling routes into the U.S. Escobar's infiltration into the U.S. created exponential demand for cocaine, and by the 1980s, it was estimated Escobar led monthly shipments of 70 to 80 tons of cocaine into the country from Colombia. As a result, he quickly became one of the richest people in the world, but consistently battled rival cartels domestically and abroad, leading to massacres and the murders of police officers, judges, locals, and prominent politicians, Colombia the murder capital of the world.

In the 1982 parliamentary election, Escobar was elected as an alternate member of the Chamber of Representatives as part of the Liberal Alternative movement. Through this, he was responsible for community projects, such as the construction of houses and football fields, which gained him popularity among the locals of the towns that he frequented. However, Escobar was vilified by the Colombian and U.S. governments, who routinely stifled his political ambitions and pushed for his arrest, with Escobar widely believed to have orchestrated the DAS Building and Avianca Flight 203 bombings in retaliation.

In 1991, Escobar surrendered to authorities, and was sentenced to five years' imprisonment on a host of charges, but struck a deal of no extradition with Colombian President Cesar Gaviria, with the ability of being housed in his own, self-built prison, La Catedral. In 1992, Escobar escaped and went into hiding when authorities attempted to move him to a more standard holding facility, leading to a nation-wide manhunt. As a result, the Medellín Cartel crumbled, and in 1993, Escobar was killed in his hometown by Colombian National Police, a day after his 44th birthday.

Escobar's legacy remains controversial; while many denounce the heinous nature of his crimes, he was seen as a "Robin Hood-like" figure for many in Colombia, as he provided many amenities to the poor, while his killing was mourned and his funeral attended by over 25,000 people. Additionally, his private estate, Hacienda Nápoles, has been transformed into a theme park, and he has been praised or criticized for importing hippopotamuses to Colombia.[His life has also served as inspiration for or has been dramatized in film, television, and in music.

Escobar is thought to have begun his criminal career as a teenager, allegedly stealing gravestones and sanding them down for resale to local smugglers. His brother, Roberto Escobar, denies this, instead claiming that the gravestones came from cemetery owners whose clients had stopped paying for site care and that he had a relative who had a monuments business. Escobar's son, Sebastián Marroquín, claims his father's foray into crime began with a successful practice of selling counterfeit high school diplomas,[4] generally counterfeiting those awarded by the Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana of Medellín. Escobar studied at the University for a short period, but left without obtaining a degree.

Escobar eventually became involved in many criminal activities with Oscar Benel Aguirre, with the duo running petty street scams, selling contraband cigarettes, fake lottery tickets, and stealing cars. In the early 1970s, prior to entering the drug trade, Escobar acted as a thief and bodyguard, allegedly earning US$100,000 by kidnapping and holding a Medellín executive for ransom. Escobar began working for Alvaro Prieto, a contraband smuggler who operated around Medellín, aiming to fulfill a childhood ambition to have COL $1 million by the time he was 22. He is known to have had a bank deposit of COL $100 million (more than US$3 million), when he turned 26.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by bigiyaro(m): 6:38am On Jan 14, 2020
whatever u do, do it well, u go blow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Obascoetubi: 6:39am On Jan 14, 2020
i thouht i was going to see that Igbo, evan
Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Mr100Dollars: 7:18am On Jan 14, 2020
I prefer him to Buhari.

9 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Vickmanny22: 8:08am On Jan 14, 2020
I love this man die. His is an inspiration

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Tonyspecial(m): 9:01am On Jan 14, 2020
30 Billion Gang

1 Like

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Chingykay77(m): 9:03am On Jan 14, 2020
This Man na Agba firi yoyo grin
Olu aye Pablo
The Don himself........

1 Like

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Chingykay77(m): 9:03am On Jan 14, 2020
Mr100Dollars:
I prefer him than Buhari.
With what you said now.......see ehn it will better for you and your hosuehold

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Chingykay77(m): 9:07am On Jan 14, 2020
If this guy has $30 billion dollars as at 1993 ...
What if he's alive today i'm pretty sure he'll have up to $100 billion dollars as at 2019 grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Mr100Dollars: 9:34am On Jan 14, 2020
Chingykay77:

With what you said now.......see ehn it will better for you and your hosuehold
Amen bro

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by profilemessages: 9:40am On Jan 14, 2020
the drug industry is more profitable even more than the oil industry, but they always operate in the dark, because of fear of being caught, though all the govt officials and politicians too use drugs!!!

sowore once said that marijuana should be considered as an export product, didn't blame him though, drug dealers don't need any permission to cross your borders, YOU, DONALD TRUMP, you erected a wall on the MEXICAN BORDER abbi, my guys use tunnels,

I like drug dealers they are crazy, fvck with hoes, bitches and politicians, but my guy please I beg you don't fvck with drug dealers, THEY WILL COME FOR YOU!!!!!

you said you don't use drug? what about paracetamol? lol?

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Tookool(m): 10:04am On Jan 14, 2020
Mr100Dollars:
I prefer him than Buhari.
You prefer him TO Buhari not THAN. Leave Nairaland and get an English textbook or a tutor

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Mr100Dollars: 10:16am On Jan 14, 2020
Tookool:

You prefer him TO Buhari not THAN. Leave Nairaland and get an English textbook or a tutor
Sharap English teacher.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Tookool(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2020
Mr100Dollars:
Sharap English teacher.
Just do as I said earlier and you'd thankful to me someday
Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Pusyiter(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2020
The problem with blackman
Dem correct you, you go vex
Dem talk true, you go vex
No man is a monopoly of knowledge.
Accept correction and stop blaming Buhari because with this attitude, you and Buhari na one and the same. grin
Mr100Dollars:
Sharap English teacher.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Kingluqman(m): 11:19am On Jan 14, 2020
Don Pablo wey Dey burn money to make heat for her shivering girlfriend

The real DON grin
Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Mr100Dollars: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
Pusyiter:
Accept correction and stop blaming Buhari because with this attitude, you and Buhari na one and the same. grin
Sharap
Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by MizzPhoney(f): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
I've always loved the legend in this man. Master of rule breaking.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by Simplecity(m): 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tonyspecial:
30 Billion Gang
PIPTY NINE BILLION GANG

1 Like

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by superfitsez(m): 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Pusyiter:
who ingrish epp,,, Escobar no Sabi ingrish for one day, but he's the richest criminal,and you are here claiming you know something,,stay here dey comment,no go and steel your own money

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by laivwire(m): 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ignorant people hailing a murderer. sad If you know half of his crimes you won't even look at his name twice. Yet some people are calling him an inspiration and don.

This was a man who bombed public places and killed hundreds though his teenage soldiers called Sicarios all because he didn't want the US extraditing drug related felons to US to face judgement.

Whatever he gave in form of housing and development to the poverty stricken populace, he got back through their children who became his foot soldiers to maim and murder.

Spits
Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by laivwire(m): 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
profilemessages:
the drug industry is more profitable even more than the oil industry, but they always operate in the dark, because of fear of being caught, though all the govt officials and politicians too use drugs!!!

sowore once said that marijuana should be considered as an export product, didn't blame him though, drug dealers don't need any permission to cross your borders, YOU, DONALD TRUMP, you erected a wall on the MEXICAN BORDER abbi, my guys use tunnels,

I like drug dealers they are crazy, fvck with hoes, bitches and politicians, but my guy please I beg you don't fvck with drug dealers, THEY WILL COME FOR YOU!!!!!

Drug runners average a daily income of $2000 if all goes well. Good. But did you consider the aftermath. Lots of lives lost on a daily with many souls going bankrupt and homeless. The only cents they get from panhandling will only go to more drugs rather than food or shelter....and you like them? I pray your children don't get on the wagon someday. That's when you'll realize the 'wisdom' you wrote up there.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by earthsync(f): 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
profilemessages:

They're still some "legal"drugs that could be addictive as hell even worse than "illegal" drugs eg Valium, Xanax or benzos just to name a few
I'm sure they're some traces of marijuana or cocaine in those drugs

1 Like

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by ddwsd: 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SERVICES:

# Step by step on how to relocate to Canada with EXPRESS ENTRY and how to get Visa Invitation Letter to USA, EUROPE, Canada etc within 2weeks without spending a dime on ANY agent.

#Discover the secrets how I export Bitter Kola, Cashew Nuts, Ginger, Dried Fish, Pepper, and other Agro allied products to USA, UK, Canada, etc from the comfort of my Home.

#One on One Practical Training on: 1.Website Design and 2. Mini Importation Business

#National Open University:Admission, Tma, Past Questions, Project and Course Materials

For more details kindly check my signature
Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by BanevsJoker(m): 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
He once burned 2 million dollars cash because his daughter was cold and there was no firewood for the furnace.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Richest Criminal In History, Worth 30 Billion Dollars by player007(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
ALAGOGO007:
Meet Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria (1 December 1949 – 2 December 1993) a Colombian drug lord and narcoterrorist who founded and was the sole leader of the Medellín Cartel. Dubbed "The King of Cocaine", Escobar is the wealthiest criminal in history, having amassed an estimated net worth of US$30 billion by the time of his death—equivalent to $59 billion as of 2019—while his drug cartel monopolized the cocaine trade into the United States in the 1980s and 1990s.

Born in Rionegro and raised in Medellín, Escobar studied briefly at Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana of Medellín, but left without graduating; he instead began engaging in criminal activity, selling illegal cigarettes and fake lottery tickets, as well as participating in motor vehicle theft. In the early 1970s, he began to work for various drug smugglers, often kidnapping and holding people for ransom.

In 1976, Escobar founded the Medellín Cartel, which distributed powder cocaine, and established the first smuggling routes into the U.S. Escobar's infiltration into the U.S. created exponential demand for cocaine, and by the 1980s, it was estimated Escobar led monthly shipments of 70 to 80 tons of cocaine into the country from Colombia. As a result, he quickly became one of the richest people in the world, but consistently battled rival cartels domestically and abroad, leading to massacres and the murders of police officers, judges, locals, and prominent politicians, Colombia the murder capital of the world.

In the 1982 parliamentary election, Escobar was elected as an alternate member of the Chamber of Representatives as part of the Liberal Alternative movement. Through this, he was responsible for community projects, such as the construction of houses and football fields, which gained him popularity among the locals of the towns that he frequented. However, Escobar was vilified by the Colombian and U.S. governments, who routinely stifled his political ambitions and pushed for his arrest, with Escobar widely believed to have orchestrated the DAS Building and Avianca Flight 203 bombings in retaliation.

In 1991, Escobar surrendered to authorities, and was sentenced to five years' imprisonment on a host of charges, but struck a deal of no extradition with Colombian President Cesar Gaviria, with the ability of being housed in his own, self-built prison, La Catedral. In 1992, Escobar escaped and went into hiding when authorities attempted to move him to a more standard holding facility, leading to a nation-wide manhunt. As a result, the Medellín Cartel crumbled, and in 1993, Escobar was killed in his hometown by Colombian National Police, a day after his 44th birthday.

Escobar's legacy remains controversial; while many denounce the heinous nature of his crimes, he was seen as a "Robin Hood-like" figure for many in Colombia, as he provided many amenities to the poor, while his killing was mourned and his funeral attended by over 25,000 people. Additionally, his private estate, Hacienda Nápoles, has been transformed into a theme park, and he has been praised or criticized for importing hippopotamuses to Colombia.[His life has also served as inspiration for or has been dramatized in film, television, and in music.

Escobar is thought to have begun his criminal career as a teenager, allegedly stealing gravestones and sanding them down for resale to local smugglers. His brother, Roberto Escobar, denies this, instead claiming that the gravestones came from cemetery owners whose clients had stopped paying for site care and that he had a relative who had a monuments business. Escobar's son, Sebastián Marroquín, claims his father's foray into crime began with a successful practice of selling counterfeit high school diplomas,[4] generally counterfeiting those awarded by the Universidad Autónoma Latinoamericana of Medellín. Escobar studied at the University for a short period, but left without obtaining a degree.

Escobar eventually became involved in many criminal activities with Oscar Benel Aguirre, with the duo running petty street scams, selling contraband cigarettes, fake lottery tickets, and stealing cars. In the early 1970s, prior to entering the drug trade, Escobar acted as a thief and bodyguard, allegedly earning US$100,000 by kidnapping and holding a Medellín executive for ransom. Escobar began working for Alvaro Prieto, a contraband smuggler who operated around Medellín, aiming to fulfill a childhood ambition to have COL $1 million by the time he was 22. He is known to have had a bank deposit of COL $100 million (more than US$3 million), when he turned 26.

It's alleged that he shot himself when the police were closing in on him.

(1) (Reply)

Two Female Prison Officials Fired After Intimate Sex Videos Went Viral / Can Someone Verify If This Guy Is Legit.(picture) / FBI Exposes Fake Nursing Degree Scheme Run By Nigerians In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.