Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Using Android Studio Offline - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Using Android Studio Offline (1472 Views)

I Need To Install Android Studio OFFLINE / Challenge: How To Develop Book Apps Using Android Studio / Anyone Using Android 7.0 Or Higher As Hotspot For Kali Linux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Android Studio Offline by Femiali: 10:30am On Jan 14, 2020
Hello my people, am new to Android development and it seems whooping off gigs out of my data bundle... Is there any possible way I can run android studio offline?.

Thanks
Re: Using Android Studio Offline by Ayodele951(m): 10:38am On Jan 14, 2020
Is it when building apps or setting it up.?
Re: Using Android Studio Offline by hardebayho(m): 8:57am On Jan 16, 2020
Yes, there is. Go to the developer.android.com and you'll find the offline components and instructions on how to set them up. There are two files you'll need to download. One is the gradle plugin nonsense or whatever, and the other one is the maven dependencies for extra android libraries. Everything sha should not be more than 3 Gigabytes (excluding Android Studio itself, as I'm assuming you already have that installed), so get that and you don't need an internet connection to use Android Studio again.

1 Like

Re: Using Android Studio Offline by Millerules(m): 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2020
Download the required Gradle version to a folder. So for every project, you can use the offline gradle by using the option in Settings-Gradle.

What you need next is syncing your project whenever you add new libraries in your build.gradle file. This does not "eat" much data.
Re: Using Android Studio Offline by Ayemileto(m): 8:50pm On Jan 16, 2020
Femiali:
Hello my people, am new to Android development and it seems whooping off gigs out of my data bundle... Is there any possible way I can run android studio offline?.

Thanks

You can, but that's after you've used about 5GB to download all necessary components.

If your internet connection is poor too, you can end up using more as some downloads will be interrupted and re-downloaded from the beginning.
Re: Using Android Studio Offline by spoilerx: 11:52am On Jan 17, 2020
check settings, there's an option to cache and sync offline, but sadly it doesn't work all the time.
Re: Using Android Studio Offline by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
All the options given don't work like that. And more so, the only time android studio zap data is when you are downloading major SDK or components and when you are downloading emulator(s) which is necessary for your development environment. So, as a beginner, you will have to use up to 6gbytes to set up android studio if you want to enjoy your working experience in IDE.

Love java, live Java, love android, live android

(1) (Reply)

What Google Knows About You / Calculate Your Future Wealth With Python / Please, Help This Phone Number Keeps Calling My Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.