Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic (77008 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Commissions Idongesit Nkanga Avenue To Mark Akwa Ibom @35 / Lagos Orders Removal Of Unapproved Street Gates To Ease Traffic / Nnamdi Kanu On Allen Onyema Air Peace: "I'll Meet People That Matter Most In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by ImoRiver: 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
I'm still trying to figure out how the statue has been affecting traffic

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by GoldenGeneral: 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
See one of the many reasons I don't take Nigeria media house serious,how can you make it look like Gov Sanwolu is against the status reacted? The entire round about was identify and taken down for ease of traffic but our bloggers felt otherwise just to gain traffic. Good Work Mr Governor
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by cgniyi(m): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:
Afonjas have already mined the skull of the statue for ritual na wa o

I'm mostly against tribalistic comments, but this was really funny cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Bimpe29: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nice one
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Bambambiglo: 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
seunmsg:
The entire roundabout was pulled down to allow for free flow of traffic. Fela’s statue was not the target as the OP is trying to portray.

Must you defend everything?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by HAKYN1: 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
Bonatheripper:
Im not a tribalist but...
Afonja and south westerners have no respect and appreciation for fela.

Normally... fela statue shouldn't be removed cox of traffic.
Instead the traffic should be removed because of fela statue

Osu is discussing respect! End time is near true true
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by 12345baba(m): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
Fela should arise and fight for his statue
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Abumadea: 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2020
The statue was relocated. I was among the officers assigned to suggest a place for relocation.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Jaqenhghar: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
If the statue was pulled down nko? What will cowards do apart from beating chest on twitter. Even Fela (rest his soul) got tired of the antics of the cowardly niggers.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by nextstep(m): 6:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
Are people driving on the green? Or how is the statue disturbing traffic? Are they planning to increase lanes or something?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Ghenisean(m): 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
Waiting to see Burna boy's reaction to this,as e dey one carry Fela Mata for head so,e and him mama.And Fela's kids too.Anyways,its none of my business though

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by mozona(m): 7:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
lol
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by naijacutee(f): 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
I have suggestions to ease traffic

- Open the Onne seaport
- Put containers leaving Lagos on the new trains!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Mightyjohn11(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
ABCthings:
Who is Fela?
Fela Anikulapo Kuti, also professionally
known as Fela Kuti, or simply Fela, was
a Nigerian multi-instrumentalist,
musician, composer, pioneer of the
Afrobeat music genre and human
rights activist. Wikipedia
Born: 15 October 1938, Abeokuta
Died: 2 August 1997, Lagos

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Lugianostar(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
That was a proactive approach per time to ease the incessant traffic jam.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
MrPrsdent:

So what happens if the traffic congestion around that area still persists after pulling down the statue/ demolition of roundabout ??

I doubt this is the reason for the traffic.

Nothing will change.

Alot will change, the roundabout consumes a hell lot of space with flower garden in-between road,

Reduce the gardens space and construct road for vehicles
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by oloriLFC(f): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
Benwems:
Nigerians and hypocrisy. Most people that down playing it would have made it an issue if it was an Easter governor that did same thing.
What about Christmas governor?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by miqos02(m): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lisa4nairaland:
Lagos State Government pulls down Fela statue at Allen Avenue (See photos)

The statue of late Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, who was situated by the former Governor of Lagos state Akinwunmi Ambode at Allen Avenue Ikeja has been pulled down by the current Lagos State Government.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s spokesperson, Gboyega Akosile confirmed that the statue has been pulled down, said the roundabout where it was located was identified as one of the four locations in Lagos that cause traffic gridlock.

He also identified the other spots where traffic gridlock is experienced to be Ikotun, Lekki-Epe expressway and Maryland.

Akosile who also told newsmen that the artwork will be relocated to a spot where it won’t cause traffic gridlock.

See before & after photos of the statue;

https://www.naijanewsgist.com/news/lagos-state-fela-statue-allen-avenue/

Nairaland mods Should not push sensational headlines like this to front page
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Skmoda360(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lisa4nairaland:
Lagos State Government pulls down Fela statue at Allen Avenue (See photos)

The statue of late Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, who was situated by the former Governor of Lagos state Akinwunmi Ambode at Allen Avenue Ikeja has been pulled down by the current Lagos State Government.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s spokesperson, Gboyega Akosile confirmed that the statue has been pulled down, said the roundabout where it was located was identified as one of the four locations in Lagos that cause traffic gridlock.

He also identified the other spots where traffic gridlock is experienced to be Ikotun, Lekki-Epe expressway and Maryland.

Akosile who also told newsmen that the artwork will be relocated to a spot where it won’t cause traffic gridlock.

See before & after photos of the statue;

https://www.naijanewsgist.com/news/lagos-state-fela-statue-allen-avenue/
You re absolutely mad for giving bad report.....
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
More of a "costume statue" (to me), and I never liked it. Anywhere they intend moving it, the head, the hand holding microphone, and probably a burning leaf(y) stick in the other.

For the relocation, I don't think fela himself is complaining. Many are the living who have lost their abodes to road constructions. So, what use is a statue and a garden when the living are suffering?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Legendguru: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ok
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Isoduwa(m): 10:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
Who plant it before should be arrested
For wasting Yoruba land
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by gbengalawal: 10:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
At last ikotun,over traffic dey dat plac
e
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Ken4agent(m): 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
madridguy:
The entire roundabout was pulled down and not only Baba 70 statue.
Nigeria bloggers will not set Nigeria ablaze with their lazy report.

I just taya for dem
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by northbird: 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
EZENDIZUOGU:
Oga, it is more of politics than you think. they just want to erase Ambode legacies cool

the whole roundabout n its appendages has to go.

I believe you have never been in allen traffic gridlock before. You cud b held there for over 1hr 30 mins. Esp in the evening.

Several traffic experiences along Allen n it was not pleasant.

In BTW: Are you aware that the only roundabout left in d lekki - epe corridor( phase 1) is also to b removed.

Stop d unnecessary sentiments.

Allen roundabout predates even Ambode.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by Chicastle: 12:33am On Jan 15, 2020
Olu construct flyover all over Lagos state. So you can make history of hurting traffic in Lagos. Would be coming there tomorrow though. My first time I'm Lagos state
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by hakeemhakeem(m): 12:53am On Jan 15, 2020
Why calling for the blogger head the head line is cool is what will drag you to read it except if you are the type that read just head line
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by naijacentric(m): 2:07am On Jan 15, 2020
ABCthings:
Who is Fela?
ask ya grandpapa
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by eldeens: 7:22am On Jan 15, 2020
meum:
It'll definitely be relocated. It's done to help the traffic situation around that corridor.

grin grin grin Just c it 4 wat it is.

Beta legacies dey wey still get Ambode name Dem no comot na statue.

We can't progress in this nation when we tend to believe that erecting a statue is a legacy or achievement.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by GindoX(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2020
GODPUNISHALABI:
Afonjas have already mined the skull of the statue for ritual na wa o

Hmmmm
Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by olax02(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2020
Legacies or no legacies, ambode has done more than enough for the lagosians..Babajide we are waiting for u.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Pulls Down Fela's Statue On Allen Avenue To Ease Traffic by TheStarsAlign: 11:15am On Jan 15, 2020
I dont understand. What part of Allen Avrnue. Is it not Toyin junction. Voice of Jacob, hands of Esau.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive, Spotted In Jerusalem Praying, Poses With IPOB Members / Whenever Wike Is Ranting, Show Him This Picture(photos) / Tony Kabaka's Hotel Demolished By Obaseki (Photos, Video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.