Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Unshackled (part 1) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unshackled (part 1) (502 Views)

[part 1-4] Craving For Older Men – Late Night Fun Story (18+) / Naughty Popo In School (part 1) / Part 1 Sex Between Me & Son (18+ Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unshackled (part 1) by Chikezie1245: 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
IMMEDIATELY Striker pleaded guilty to all the counts in the charge, his accomplices were set on fire. The courtroom, too, was heated with overt mixed reactions.

“Is he deranged?” some litigants and lawyers asked.

“He must have been procured by the prosecution to implicate the other accused persons in a crime they did not commit,” a lawyer on a worn-out wig and a faded black gown remarked. “There is nothing these policemen will not do just to bring innocent persons to book. How can someone just plead guilty to a kidnapping charge? And he is in his right senses. Doesn’t he know the implication of that offence?”

The defence counsel was flabbergasted. He looked at Striker( the 7th accused person in the charge), and raised his eyebrows in shock! Though the ceiling fan in the courtroom was spinning at full speed, he was now sweating.

The judge, a stout-looking, middle-aged man, had noticed the defence counsel’s predicament, and he directed the court registrar to read the charge again to the accused persons and same interpreted in Igbo language to their perfect understanding. Still, only Striker pleaded guilty to all the charges and went ahead to say that the other six accused persons and others now at large were his accomplices.

The defence counsel then shook his head and turned to address the court. “My Lord, in the circumstance, may I humbly apply that the 7th accused person be referred to a government hospital as recommended by My Lord, in order to check the sanity or otherwise of the 7yh accused person.”

“I object to this application, My Lord,” the prosecution sprang up like a lion just woken from its slumber. “The 7th accused person has just decided, willingly, to help the court by admitting to the charge. No one forced him to admit…”

“Application granted.” The judge cut him short, overruling his objection.” 7th accused person is hereby referred to General Hospital, Onitsha, for special diagnosis of his mental status. Two qualified medical doctors to carry out the diagnosis. Case is adjourned to 7th of December, 2016, for Report of Compliance.”

The catchphrase, ‘As the court pleases,’ was buried in the simultaneous murmur that engulfed the court room.

….To be continued…

More on >>> www.illufik.com

Re: Unshackled (part 1) by MizzPhoney(f): 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
I love your choice of literary expression. It makes for a perfect wordsmith.
Re: Unshackled (part 1) by Chikezie1245: 9:21am On Feb 09, 2020
Thank you, MhizzPhoney.

(1) (Reply)

Arike's Diary - Prof. Bola [episode 3] / Article Writers Needed / Godspower Oshodin Meets Jacob Caesar And PLO Lumumba In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.