Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Nigeria Has Lowest National Debt Per Citizen & Japan The Highest.--new Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Lowest National Debt Per Citizen & Japan The Highest.--new Report (417 Views)

National Debt: If Borrowing Is A Crime, Stop Using Mercedes Benz, Lexus - Tinubu / Lekki Shootings: New Report Shows CNN Is Desperate — Lai Mohammed / Ebonyi Has Lowest Crime Rate In Zone 6 – AIG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Has Lowest National Debt Per Citizen & Japan The Highest.--new Report by Naijabash(m): 2:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Nigeria has Lowest National Debt per Citizen while Japan has Highest.-- New Report

Data gathered and calculated by Learnbonds.com indicates that Japan has the highest national debt per person. With a population of 126,847,639, each Japanese national owes 89,525.51 of the $11.4 trillion national debt.

High National Debt per Person

Compared to the United States, Japan’s national debt per citizen is more by $19,345 representing a difference of 24%. Globally, the US has the highest national debt at $23.2 trillion with a population of 330,315,550.

China emerges as the only country with a significant lower national debt when ranked against other leading economies. China’s $5,866 national debt per person is over 15 times lower than in Japan and over 11 times lower than the US. China has a population of about 1.4 billion with a national debt of $8.4 trillion.

Other heavily indebted countries include Belgium ($50,462), the United Kingdom ($49,211), Italy ($47,147), and Canada ($46,035).

Justinas Baltrusaitis, LearnBonds.com editor noted,

"An overview of the national debt shows that many states are surviving on borrowed money. Borrowing enables governments to cover budget shortfalls without raising taxes or cutting back public spending."

On the lower side, Nigeria and Indonesia are among the least indebted countries with each citizen owing $707 and $1,283 respectively.
Re: Nigeria Has Lowest National Debt Per Citizen & Japan The Highest.--new Report by jimyjames(m): 4:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
We Igbos don't share in Nigerian debts we owe 000$
Re: Nigeria Has Lowest National Debt Per Citizen & Japan The Highest.--new Report by Arexit: 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
jimyjames:
We Igbos don't share in Nigerian debts we owe 000$

grin grin grin Una de enjoy o
Re: Nigeria Has Lowest National Debt Per Citizen & Japan The Highest.--new Report by dukeprince50: 6:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
Please how do I pay off my debt, I no wan hear say them come ask my children after I die
Re: Nigeria Has Lowest National Debt Per Citizen & Japan The Highest.--new Report by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
Very useless post.

Comparing a country where half the population can't remember the last time they took milk with a first world country.

If you owe $100,000 and spend $5,000 monthly, you enjoy a high standard of living.

Compared with someone who lacks access to basic amenities of life like roads, water, electricity and zero access to capital or credit. You are still poor.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Not Contestin For The Office Of The Presidency Of Nigeria" - Apostle Suleman / Why Igbos Can't Really Claim One Nigeria / BREAKING: INEC Declares PDP Winner Of Imo Federal House Rerun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.