Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal (96336 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Carry Illegal Arms, Be Arrested, Police Warn OPC, Hunters / Operation Amotekun Begins In South-West: Yoruba Youths Warn Criminals / Ikpeazu Declares ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by CharlotteFlair: 7:23am On Jan 15, 2020
unbitchable:
you're grieving over pdp loss in imo rather than grieving over how dumb as old as you are. the older you get, the dumber you become. fantastic idiot.
Fool! Hiss.

Is there no sniper in your area?

Idiots who licked buhari's arse for 5years thinking they have a messiah and friend. grin grin

Sonabitch! Afonjazee arindin omo ale omo iyadagbe!

Spineless mofo!

You have been trolling me since 3am, you attention seeking idiota!!!

Eat shii today you must, because a million flies can't be wrong!

Stupid insecure whiny little sissy! I hate effiminate men and they disgust me!

Oboy you are fvcking disgusting!

I spit on your Yoruba mooslim cone head grave!!

RIP!

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by wirinet(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2020
DexterousOne:

They can't
I am getting tired of educating people who have learning difficulties.
UK or any other country can expelled foreigners from their country. UK can decide to expel all EU citizens if a Brexit deal is not reached. What will discourage UK from taking such action is the reciprocal action by EU, who will in turn expel all UK citizens from the EU.
Brussels uneasy over EU citizens’ rights after Brexit
Brussels has warned the UK it will be vigilant in policing Britain’s respect for EU citizens’ rights, saying Britain must honour the obligations of the divorce deal that will end the country’s membership of the bloc at the end of this month.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/f14f5eb8-3220-11ea-9703-eea0cae3f0de

It is not by force to allow you into my house.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by myrates: 7:31am On Jan 15, 2020
Ashabbiiee:
Is Hisbah legal?
Thanks for this good question , those guys up there are crazy hypocrites. Isbah, civilian JTF and Arewa, are these organizations legal to combat insecurity in the north?So Southwest should keep folding harms till herdsmen kill every one in the region.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2020
wirinet:

Well i did not see your post where you said anything against hisbah. I have known you to be defending hisbah with vigour since I noticed you.

I am glad you are educated, so we can debate on an intellectual level instead of emotional level, without the use of threats, intimidation and innuendos. My problem with you is that you are sometimes dishonest. You view issues from your narrow perspective and not care about how issues affect others. I call that entitlement mentality.

Don't misunderstand me. I supported Buhari 100%, I did two years schooling in sokoto in the late 80s and fell in love with sokoto and northerners. When I was in sokoto, I did not feel threatened, I drank beer when I wanted to (but in a private bar or private space), I worshiped in a church when I felt like (all the churches were on Ahmadu bello road ), although I hate pork, no one threatened me from eating it. In fact when I was leaving one of my fulani friend offered to give me a goat as a parting gift. That was love.

Today, the story is different, I would not go back to sokoto for a million dollars. There is so much religious intolerance. You guys now want to impose your beliefs and lifestyle on others.

Now, what seperated an hisbah Police from amotekun? Are you saying if I steal or commit murder, hisbah Police will not arresting me? They may not have the powers to prosecute me, but they will effect the arrest, using violence if need be. They arrest people selling and drinking beer, they arrest men and women in hotel rooms.

You are away that there is a huge security challenge in the southwest and the south as a whole. Farmers are having difficulty earning their livelihood, due to cattle grazing and attacked by fulani herdsmen, and these have been going on for decades with increasing intensity. The federal government has either been complicit, incompetence or non challant, what do you expect the governors or the people to do?

I am glad you enjoyed your NYSC days and felt the love of Sokoto in those days. I can assure you that, although Nigeria of the 80's cannot be the same the same today; however, not much has changed in terms of your fundamental rights since then.
Southerners and Christianity continue to thrive in Sokoto (and by extension, most of the Muslim north) without fear or molestation.

Having said that; unfortunately, most of you southerners will continue to disagree because of your innate tendency to always view any issue or move by northerners from your narrow ethno-religious perspective:
Arabic letters on our currency notes and military insignia (introduced by the British); herdsmen attacking and killing more Muslims/northerners; Boko Haram attacking and killing more Muslims; Sharia which applies to Muslims only ........and so on, are all being deliberately misinterpreted as Islamisation/Fulanisation agenda by southern political losing elites in order to curry more favour/relevance and support from their apparently gullible lot.

As already mentioned, Hisbah was introduced in affected states to enforce Sharia laws on Muslims only alongside some moral laws on the generality of the citizenry - including the much misunderstood prohibition of alcohol (which was not enacted under Sharia law, as most of you misconstrue).

On the other hand; Amotekun (as you even admitted in your post) is intentionally being set up by the SW states as a security outfit - SECURITY being the key word here; which clearly fall within the exclusive list and therefore outside the responsibility of the state/regional governments.

I will advise your governments to key into the existing FG defence structure (police, military etc) in a collaborative way e.t.c. JTF rather than going it alone - which is illegal.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by wirinet(m): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2020
Cherez:

Guy, I'm already at work I'd have explained better.
Sorry to say, but you don't know how international politics and diplomacy works.

You said, "Iran has never ran any terror program on US soil"?
I reiterate again Iran has never ran any terror program on US soil , and no Iranian has ever planned or carried out a terror attack on US soil.

Why was the attack on Suleimani?
Only Trump and Pompeo seem to know. They have not been able to explain to the American people the real reason Soleimani was assassinated. Even his republican members of Congress were angry at the briefings Trump's people gave.

Iran partners and funds terrorist coys.
Agreed. But the coys are terrorists to the US and israel, but not to most countries of the world. The Europeans, Russia, china, etc do not view Iran as terrorist.

There is no way the US will detain all Iranians on its soil
Please show me the news
These were Iranians coming in through the ports, so these are the ones the authorities could easily identify.
If a war actually breaks out, the government would hunt for Iranians and detain them for the duration of the war. This was what happened to Japanese and Japanese Americans and Germans in America during WW2.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 15, 2020
wirinet:

So what sayest thou of Kano State Hisbah Corps which had been in operation since 2003 and Civilian JTF?
So what sayest thou of Lagos State neighbourhood watch?
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by darediamond(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Like I said, go to court and prove your case - meanwhile, keep your tribal bigotry to yourself.
High

Which court?
A region is saying no to Jiadist invasion your talking of dragging it out with them at court. Listen to yourself again, do you in your concious and sub-concious mind sound SENSIBLE AT ALL??

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Iamgrey5(m): 7:59am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I am glad you enjoyed your NYSC days and felt the love of Sokoto in those days. I can assure you that, although Nigeria of the 80's cannot be the same the same today; however, not much has changed in terms of your fundamental rights since then.
Southerners and Christianity continue to thrive in Sokoto (and by extension, most of the Muslim north) without fear or molestation.

Having said that; unfortunately, most of you southerners will continue to disagree because of your innate tendency to always view any issue or move by northerners from your narrow ethno-religious perspective:
Arabic letters on our currency notes and military insignia (introduced by the British); herdsmen attacking and killing more Muslims/northerners; Boko Haram attacking and killing more Muslims; Sharia which applies to Muslims only ........and so on, are all being deliberately misinterpreted as Islamisation/Fulanisation agenda by southern political losing elites in order to curry more favour/relevance and support from their apparently gullible lot.

As already mentioned, Hisbah was introduced in affected states to enforce Sharia laws on Muslims only alongside some moral laws on the generality of the citizenry - including the much misunderstood prohibition of alcohol (which was not enacted under Sharia law, as most of you misconstrue).

On the other hand; Amotekun (as you even admitted in your post) is intentionally being set up by the SW states as a security outfit - SECURITY being the key word here; which clearly fall within the exclusive list and therefore outside the responsibility of the state/regional governments.

I will advise your governments to key into the existing FG defence structure (police, military etc) in a collaborative way e.t.c. JTF rather than going it alone - which is illegal.
@ emboldened

I am sorry but you are the one that doesn't understand the operations of Amoteku

It was actually set up to work hand in hand with the Nigerian police

They would give Nigeria police information and make citizens arrest and hand it over to the Nigerian police.

it doesn't have a detention center

Why shouldn't State government be able to do that? or is Malami confused?
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by fireback: 8:09am On Jan 15, 2020
YorubaLord:
I think it's stuff like this that disintegrates a nation... Nigeria is fully on that course... angry
if Yoruba Muslims catch you...

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by unbitchable(m): 8:13am On Jan 15, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
Fool! Hiss.

Is there no sniper in your area?

Idiots who licked buhari's arse for 5years thinking they have a messiah and friend. grin grin

Sonabitch! Afonjazee arindin omo ale omo iyadagbe!

Spineless mofo!

You have been trolling me since 3am, you attention seeking idiota!!!

Eat shii today you must, because a million flies can't be wrong!

Stupid insecure whiny little sissy! I hate effiminate men and they disgust me!

Oboy you are fvcking disgusting!

I spit on your Yoruba mooslim cone head grave!!

RIP!
it can only go worse for you from here on. i pity your mom who is turning in her grave right now.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Kfed4ril(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:
I can't see any law backing Hisbah police too.

Has anyone noticed that, unlike previous months, the number of people opposing this government on threads on front page has increased.
I'm guessing they've reduced the salary of our Nairaland resident zombies

I thought I was the only one that noticed it o,
Maybe it’s because the government has stopped Npower, their only source of livelihood.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by DexterousOne(m): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2020
wirinet:

I am getting tired of educating people who have learning difficulties.
UK or any other country can expelled foreigners from their country. UK can decide to expel all EU citizens if a Brexit deal is not reached. What will discourage UK from taking such action is the reciprocal action by EU, who will in turn expel all UK citizens from the EU.

It is not by force to allow you into my house.

You cannot expel naturalized citizens and permanent residents just like that

Especially naturalized citizens...

Many of you are just dumb on this forum.....

Very dumb and uninformed undecided

You just think someone in govt will just pursue people just like that

Tho those on temporary visas can be denied entry, and those who violate their visa conditions can also be deported even if the visa has not expired....
Those who commit serious crimes on temp visas or permanent residence card can also be deported under certain conditions (US in particular)

But naturalized citizens cannot be deported

It's now clear that many of you on this forum are unexposed riff raffs who don't travel and who have no idea on how this world operates undecided
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by dalass(f): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Aboki, please leave amotekun abeg. The police and even military are ill-equipped to fight insecurity anywhere in this country as you must know.

They are only good at collecting money on the highways!

Even our governors have absolutely no control over these 'lawful' Nigerian security structures.... And you want the south west governors to watch their territories to turn to another terrorist ridden region like the Northern Nigeria where other countries fear and have warned their citizens to refrain from visiting? No thanks... We'll take it from here grin

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by urahara(m): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2020
executive12:

What a question?

Don't just say what a question . Give reasons.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by yahmohy27: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2020
Ashabbiiee:
Is Hisbah legal?
Hisbah is Legal .Because they don't carry guns as police and other paramilitary do .Their activities are not the same as that of other paramilitary.They are not set to protect or fight any security challenges like in the Amotekun which is set to fight Arm robber's, herdsmen, kidnappers etc.Meanwhile the Attorney General office and Minister of justice office were consulted for proper information and organization of the so called HISBAH
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by wirinet(m): 8:53am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I did A/Levels in sokoto and not NYSC.

How can you say fundamental rights of non muslims have not changed, when your hishah police go arresting non muslims in their homes and hotels for drinking beer and intimate relations with women?
You are telling me that if I am an animist that uses gin as part of my prayer, I cannot come to sokoto.

About Arabic letters on currency notes. Yes a few Christians complain, but most don't just care. As long as there are English letters and numerals (Arabic), that I can understand, they can as well add Chinese. I don't care.

Herdsmen killing both muslims and Christians should be everybody's concern. If the hisbah Police was to protect both Christian and muslims from fulani herdsmen's attacks, believe me I would not have any issues, but imposing muslims laws and morals on non muslims is wrong.

The herdsmen menace has been a major problem in Nigeria. It started from the north, decimated the middle belt and is not threatening the peace and security of the East and west. Should we not sit together and resolve the Fulani herdsmen issue once and for all?
I would have expected Buhari being a fulani himselves to tackle the issue, but instead he has been aloof.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Credobee(m): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2020
Their salaries was not reduced........ They were sacked with no benefits

quote author=PerfectlyPerfect post=85797093]I can't see any law backing Hisbah police too.

Has anyone noticed that, unlike previous months, the number of people opposing this government on threads on front page has increased.
I'm guessing they've reduced the salary of our Nairaland resident zombies[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 15, 2020
As I see this thing last night I laugh ehn. Shey una want buhari we die here. Atiku would have been the same thing what I am saying is we should vote for better leaders in this country.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by syntekelite(m): 9:14am On Jan 15, 2020
hisexcellency34:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/breaking-amotekun-is-illegal-security-outfit-%25E2%2580%2595fg-declares/amp/
anyone who stayed in the north well will.also know there is a security outfit called iyabanga.. i just hope our so.called.yoruba leaders have the mind and guts to face this biased federal government.. southwest and south south are bigger than any northern oligarchy

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by AdeniyiA(m): 9:37am On Jan 15, 2020
It does seem providing my own security, power(generator), water etc is illegal too?
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Nowenuse: 9:52am On Jan 15, 2020
zionzoe:

THANK YOU FOR THIS COMMENT. THE SPIRIT OF GOD SPOKE THROUGH YOU.

A PHARAOH IS THE ONE INCHARGE OF N1GERIA. THE BONDING TOOL FOR THE SLAVE MASTERS IS THE RELGION CALLED 1SLAM.

CHECK IT, MANY ARE CRYING THAT IN THE SOUTH, SW IS THE PROBLEM BUT THEY SEEM NOT TO KNOW WHY. I WILL LET YOU KNOW. THE PROBLEM IN SW IS THAT HALF OF THE POPULATION ARE ALREADY INFESTED WITH THE VIRUS CALLED 1SLAM.

UNLIKE SE AND SS, WHAT IS STILL GIVING YOU GUYS THE UNITY YOU HAVE IS THAT THAT VIRUS OF MADNESS CALLED 1SLAM HAVE NOT TOUCHED MOST OF YOUR POPULATIONS.

LET US KNOW OUR ENEMY... IT IS CALLED 1SLAM.

GO AND CHECK IT, WHO ENACTED THE ALLIANCE WITH THE NORTH, CHECK HIS RELIGION.

CHECK THOSE CLAMOURING TO WANT TO BE PRESIDENT IN SW... THE 1SLAMIC ONES ARE IN FOREFRONT.

IF WE DON'T KNOW OUR ENEMY, ITS JUST ONE ENEMY, THEY WILL KILL US ALL... IT IS 1SLAM THAT IS OUR ENEMY... NOT OUR TRIBES.

ONCE WE KNOW THAT, THEY CANNOT KILL US AGAIN.

LET US EXPOSE THE EVIL AMONGST US
...IT IS 1SLAM.

STOP BITING YOUR BROTHERS AND BLAMING THEM , LET US KNOW THE VIRUS, IN THEIR OPERATING SYSTEM AND KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THEM.

This is nothing but the truth.
The same thing that is plaguing the Southwest is what is plaguing the Middlebelt and northern minorities..... Whenever the Christians make a move to secure their future, their own Muslim brothers will be there to sabotage it because of Islamic solidarity with Hausa fulanis.

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by CharlotteFlair: 9:57am On Jan 15, 2020
unbitchable:

it can only go worse for you from here on. i pity your mom who is turning in her grave right now.
It is your prostitute dirty mother that's turning in the grave you fcking sissy!!

Oponu ara re!
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 10:24am On Jan 15, 2020
wirinet:

I did A/Levels in sokoto and not NYSC.

How can you say fundamental rights of non muslims have not changed, when your hishah police go arresting non muslims in their homes and hotels for drinking beer and intimate relations with women?
You are telling me that if I am an animist that uses gin as part of my prayer, I cannot come to sokoto.

About Arabic letters on currency notes. Yes a few Christians complain, but most don't just care. As long as there are English letters and numerals (Arabic), that I can understand, they can as well add Chinese. I don't care.

Herdsmen killing both muslims and Christians should be everybody's concern. If the hisbah Police was to protect both Christian and muslims from fulani herdsmen's attacks, believe me I would not have any issues, but imposing muslims laws and morals on non muslims is wrong.

The herdsmen menace has been a major problem in Nigeria. It started from the north, decimated the middle belt and is not threatening the peace and security of the East and west. Should we not sit together and resolve the Fulani herdsmen issue once and for all?
I would have expected Buhari being a fulani himselves to tackle the issue, but instead he has been aloof.

This is exactly what I have been saying; for goodness sake why must you close your mind to reading and reasoning; why must you ignore or twist issues even though made clear as light and day?
I have repeatedly explained that Sharia applies to Muslims only; while Hisbah is authorised to enforce it in ADDITION to some moral laws including consumption of alcohol.
Pls tell me which part of the 3rd paragraph of my last post did you not understand (reproduced here below)

For the last time, pls note that Hisbah is NOT security based; they are not even armed and therefore cannot protect anyone from physical threat.

The excesses of the herdsmen is indeed a threat and a menace to everyone; it is therefore reasonable for Nigerians to expect and complain when govt protection fails them; at the same time the law does not allow individuals or state govts to resort to self help in the manner in which the SW governors are approaching this problem - because there is always the danger that such outfits can easily be hijacked or get out of control and therefore mushroom to something never imagined or intended before (e.g. an ethnic supremacist witch hunting or separatist machinery) in view of which no govt will sit back and fold its arm at such possibility.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2020
dalass:

Aboki, please leave amotekun abeg. The police and even military are ill-equipped to fight insecurity anywhere in this country as you must know.

They are only good at collecting money on the highways!

Even our governors have absolutely no control over these 'lawful' Nigerian security structures.... And you want the south west governors to watch their territories to turn to another terrorist ridden region like the Northern Nigeria where other countries fear and have warned their citizens to refrain from visiting? No thanks... We'll take it from here grin

I imagine you believe your governors have equipped this Amotekun to be more better and efficient than the Nigerian military and police - well done; clap for yourself.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by myobjective: 10:34am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I am glad you enjoyed your NYSC days and felt the love of Sokoto in those days. I can assure you that, although Nigeria of the 80's cannot be the same today; however, not much has changed in terms of your fundamental rights since then.

Don't just pretend that northerners are some kind of angels that are devout ethnic bigotry. The truth is we are guilty of ethnic chauvinistic because has always shown that some section of the country are ill bent on dominating and unfair to others when they are in a position of authority.

It's imaterial if Fulani terrorist has killed more northerners than southerners or more Muslim than Christians or the fact that some demography decided to keep mute in the face of injustices doesn't mean we should keep mute and continue to act all is well. The core north sees Fulani as their lord that can do no wrong but we in the southwest don't share in such sentiment. We'll continue to make laws that will protect us against external aggressors be it Fulani, Hausa or Igbo.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 10:35am On Jan 15, 2020
Iamgrey5:
@ emboldened

I am sorry but you are the one that doesn't understand the operations of Amoteku

It was actually set up to work hand in hand with the Nigerian police

They would give Nigeria police information and make citizens arrest and hand it over to the Nigerian police.

it doesn't have a detention center

Why shouldn't State government be able to do that? or is Malami confused?

Is that why the IGP released a statement in which he said, anyone carrying illegal arms would be arrested?
Did you also read the last paragraph of the AGF's statement (attached to this thread) - if you did; what did you think he meant?
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Ayed44: 10:36am On Jan 15, 2020
viyon02:
Buhari is joking Amotekun is here to stay
The federal government has spoken.

Any Amotekun caught will be treated like a terrorist.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 10:36am On Jan 15, 2020
darediamond:
High

Which court?
A region is saying no to Jiadist invasion your talking of dragging it out with them at court. Listen to yourself again, do you in your concious and sub-concious mind sound SENSIBLE AT ALL??

You are beyond redemption; so I am not going to bother arguing with you.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by myobjective: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I imagine you believe your governors have equipped this Amotekun to be better and efficient than the Nigerian military and police - well done; clap for yourself.

The problem with the Nigeria force is political and lack of capacity. We are seriously under policed in Nigeria, there are thousands of community without police presence both in the north and south, this gives room for criminals to easily have their ways.

Having community police doesn't stop the federal government from doing their job, it will only complement their activity.

If I may ask, why are you guys so worried about a security outfit created to solve a problem than the instigator of the problem itself?
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by myobjective: 10:41am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Is that why the IGP released a statement in which he said, anyone carrying illegal arms would be arrested?
Did you also read the last paragraph of the AGF's statement (attached to this thread) - if you did; what did you think he meant?

But we all know that herdsmen carry illegal firearms why hasn't anyone of them being arrested?
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by NaMeAboki: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2020
myobjective:

Don't just pretend that northerners are some kind of angels that are devout ethnic bigotry. The truth is we are guilty of ethnic chauvinistic because has always shown that some section of the country are ill bent on dominating and unfair to others when they are in a position of authority.

It's imaterial if Fulani terrorist has killed more northerners than southerners or more Muslim than Christians or the fact that some demography decided to keep mute in the face of injustices doesn't mean we should keep mute and continue to act all is well. The core north sees Fulani as their lord that can do no wrong but we in the southwest don't share in such sentiment. We'll continue to make laws that will protect us against external aggressors be it Fulani, Hausa or Igbo.

Indeed, states are entitled to enact laws and enforce them so long as they are consistent with the Nigerian constitution; that much is clear - I also think that was the message the AGF was trying to get across.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Iamgrey5(m): 10:45am On Jan 15, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Hunters carry arms, Herders carry"ak47 to defend themselves" (a very sophisticated automatic gun), even JTF carry weapons as long as it is sanctioned by law and the police or necessary security agencies are aware of the weapons.

Amotekun would also only carry not so sophisticated weapons to defend themselves because let's face it they would be facing criminals who might also be armed.

@ the AGF

What exactly is the AGF saying that is unique or sensible, he claimed they should consulted him first.

However, what exactly do we need his permission for ?

AGF isn't the constitution, the constitution is for everyone to see and only the court can determine if an action is illegal not the AGF.

Anyways, this case would be challenged in the court of law.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nigerian Presidential Election 2023 (Live Updates And Monitoring) / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.