Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? (6362 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Andres Iniesta 2012 UEFA Best Player / Messi,Xavi,Christiano Ronaldo And Others Shortlisted For Fifa Ballon D’or 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by Ibime(m): 2:21am On Dec 15, 2010
I am Tamuno Ibime from Borokiri

And I approve Eldee's message
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by medjai(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2010
eldee:

Haba . . . I don die, how can anybody in their right mind say Messi's season didn't trash Sneidjer's??
Abi which kain insult be this??

There are some performance that we'll never see in this generation of footie any more, Messi had one of them.
How can someone average almost one goal per match and you're yarning dust about World Cup??
When people do these amazing things, they break conditions like . . . you didn't win the UCL or World Cup.

When last did you see one human being scoring 34 goals in 35 matches?? With assist too??
Walahi, una don crase finish . . . insult.

So you'll openly agree if Sneidjer was nominated ahead of Messi??
gbam! 34 league goals, 47 goals in all competitions + 10 assists. . . what more can one ask for?
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by dayokanu(m): 2:52pm On Dec 15, 2010
Why does Iniesta have to be in top 3 ahead of Sneijder?

Scored a world cup winning goal? Was Tardelli and Altobelli also nominated for Ballon D Or in 1982 when they scored the winning goal?
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by medjai(m): 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Why does Iniesta have to be in top 3 ahead of Sneijder?

Scored a world cup winning goal? Was Tardelli and Altobelli also nominated for Ballon D Or in 1982 when they scored the winning goal?
There was no WPOTY award then in 1982. I'm not sure there was Ballon D'Or either
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
Ballon D 'or has been in existence since 1956.

The top 3 in 1982 were

1st Paolo Rossi Italy Juventus 115
2nd Alain Giresse France Bordeaux 064
3rd Zbigniew Boniek Poland Juventus 053

Since the argument for Iniesta was that he scored a world cup final goal, How come Tardelli or Altobelli were not nominated in the top 3.

Any reason why Iniesta is in top 3 ahead of Sneijder?
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by cougar1: 6:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
eldee:

Haba . . . I don die, how can anybody in their right mind say Messi's season didn't trash Sneidjer's??
Abi which kain insult be this??

There are some performance that we'll never see in this generation of footie any more, Messi had one of them.
How can someone average almost one goal per match and you're yarning dust about World Cup??
When people do these amazing things, they break conditions like . . . you didn't win the UCL or World Cup.

When last did you see one human being scoring 34 goals in 35 matches?? With assist too??
Walahi, una don crase finish . . . insult.

So you'll openly agree if Sneidjer was nominated ahead of Messi??

if it's about messi's statistics in la liga(ignoring his world cup), then cristiano ronaldo deserves to be there ahead of messi.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by medjai(m): 7:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
dayokanu:

Ballon D 'or has been in existence since 1956.

The top 3 in 1982 were

1st Paolo Rossi Italy Juventus 115
2nd Alain Giresse France Bordeaux 064
3rd Zbigniew Boniek Poland Juventus 053

Since the argument for Iniesta was that he scored a world cup final goal, How come Tardelli or Altobelli were not nominated in the top 3.

Any reason why Iniesta is in top 3 ahead of Sneijder?
Balon D' Or isnt what is used to be. The award in question is FIFA Balon D' Or which is a merger of the FIFA WPOTY and the Balon D' Or award. Some of FIFA's standards in adjuding the best player in the world have crept into the scene
cou-gar:

if it's about messi's statistics in la liga(ignoring his world cup), then cristiano ronaldo deserves to be there ahead of messi.
Ronaldo had a good season too. 26 league goals in 29 appearances but he didnt win anything. La Liga Runners up and exiting the CL in the 1st knockout round courtesy of a defeat to Lyon didnt do him any good.
How should CR deserve a place ahead of Messi? Messi scored more goals, made more assists, won laurels with his team and made it to the CL semi's. He even edge CR in their head to head meeting
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by eldee(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
cou-gar:

Do you want me to continue?? Last time I went into a Messi hype, I got called Mr La Liga.
Let me just state it in simple terms, Iniesta's the only questionable person on that list, and questionable doesn't mean wrong, just questionable.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by dayokanu(m): 8:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
The goal in world cup final argument is really weak. Materrazi scored a goal in the 2006 finals why didn't he make the top 3 cos I still don't get how Iniesta got there ahead of Sneijder
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by chic2pimp(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
No One is yet to give a good reason as to why Iniesta should be voted over Sneijder.

A-40:

Any award without Diego Milito in it for last season is a fraud and an aberration to football! The selections these guys make sometimes makes you wonder if they O.D'd on crack
Exactly!!!. I've said that quite a few times on this thread alone.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by medjai(m): 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
dayokanu:

The goal in world cup final argument is really weak. Materrazi scored a goal in the 2006 finals why didn't he make the top 3 cos I still don't get how Iniesta got there ahead of Sneijder
Materrazi is the only exception. I think they had to choose between him and Zidane and Zidane had been a better player at that world cup
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by cougar1: 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2010
eldee:

Do you want me to continue?? Last time I went into a Messi hype, I got called Mr La Liga.
Let me just state it in simple terms, Iniesta's the only questionable person on that list, and questionable doesn't mean wrong, just questionable.

you got called out on messi because you pointed out his goals/game ratio and it's clear ronaldo had a better ratio than him and he wasn't even considered. since ronaldo joined la liga, he has scored 43 goals in 44 appearances. if the ratio is such a key, then ronaldo should be up there. i am not questioning messi's place in the top three but sneijder performed better than iniesta in 2010. let's leave sentiments aside.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by dayokanu(m): 9:36pm On Dec 15, 2010
cou-gar:

you got called out on messi because you pointed out his goals/game ratio and it's clear ronaldo had a better ratio than him and he wasn't even considered. since ronaldo joined la liga, he has scored 43 goals in 44 appearances. if the ratio is such a key, then ronaldo should be up there. i am not questioning messi's place in the top three but sneijder performed better than iniesta in 2010. let's leave sentiments aside.

3 weeks and No one has been able to explain how Iniesta got in ahead of Sneijder, Some ridiculous excuse has been proferred e.g scoring World cup goals which didnt affect Materazzi.

Emmanuel Petit also scored a World cup final goal in 1998 Why wasnt he nominated?
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by chic2pimp(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2010
cou-gar:

you got called out on messi because you pointed out his goals/game ratio and it's clear ronaldo had a better ratio than him and he wasn't even considered. since ronaldo joined la liga, he has scored 43 goals in 44 appearances. if the ratio is such a key, then ronaldo should be up there. i am not questioning messi's place in the top three [size=20pt]but sneijder performed better than iniesta in 2010[/size] . let's leave sentiments aside.
This is exactly my gripe. Diego Forlan should be ahead of Iniesta if we are to be truthful.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by eldee(m): 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2010
cou-gar:

It's not just the goal ratio that made his season wonderful, stop talking like you've not seen him play.
Not only was he consistent, he scored more, had a shot conversion ratio that made everyone fear him, I dare say he's ability to deliver the final thru-pass is as good as Fabregas' . . .

His 8 goals took his team to the UCL semifinal, won the flipping La Liga, made the El Classico look like a joke. . . and was the most important part of Argentina's World Cup, he had a hand in virtually every goal they scored.

I can't argue for Iniesta, but please don't call Messi's name in vain, he's giving us sumn that make us think again bout why we ever respected anyone in the last 10 years.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by Ibime(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2010
Some punks have gone from arguing that Sneijder should be no 1 to arguing that he should at least be ahead of Iniesta.

The way Cougar came into this thread fellating on Sneijder, you would have thunk Sneijder was paying his rent.

Now we know the punks who should be labelled as football nonentities.

Sneijder? Are you kidding me?

How can anyone watch the season Xavi and Messi just had and put Sneijder in the same sentence? Certain punks follow ephemeral fads. Sneijder will get washed away like tears in the rain where big boys are talking footie.

Like I said previously, no one is begrudging Sneijder the top three, but the top two are not even in his stratosphere.

As for Diego Milito, he's been woeful this season so he hasn't done himself any favours.

If I was to pick one player from Inter team to join the top three, it would undoubtably have to be Maicon (no Gareth retorts please!)

As for the punk with shaky knowledge of fractions, how does 26/29 signal a better return than 34/35?
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by cougar1: 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2010
Ibime:

Some punks have gone from arguing that Sneijder should be no 1 to arguing that he should at least be ahead of Iniesta.

The way Cougar came into this thread fellating on Sneijder, you would have thunk Sneijder was paying his rent.

Now we know the punks who should be labelled as football nonentities.

Sneijder? Are you kidding me?

How can anyone watch the season Xavi and Messi just had and put Sneijder in the same sentence? Certain punks follow ephemeral fads. Sneijder will get washed away like tears in the rain where big boys are talking footie.

Like I said previously, no one is begrudging Sneijder the top three, but the top two are not even in his stratosphere.

As for Diego Milito, he's been woeful this season so he hasn't done himself any favours.

If I was to pick one player from Inter team to join the top three, it would undoubtably have to be Maicon (no Gareth retorts please!)

As for the punk with shaky knowledge of fractions, how does 26/29 signal a better return than 34/35?

my guy, stop foaming in the mouth. wesley sneijder had a brilliant season for club/country. if an english player wins the treble and then take the three lions to a world cup final, the world would collapse if he isn't nominated in the top 3 european players. sneijder was the heart-beat of the inter team that washed the floor with chelsea fc even on their home soil. respect beget respect and sneijder was colossal last season.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by Ibime(m): 12:14am On Dec 16, 2010
3rd place is irrelevant.

Only the top two are set in stone.

The only reason 3rd place became contentious is because of the presence of Iniesta (who shouldn't make top 30 sef).

Replace Iniesta with Robben, Ronaldo, Milito, Maicon or David Silva and no one will even bring yeye Sneijder arguments into the debate.

Sneijder/Milito/Maico/Ronaldo/Robben is a SUBJECTIVE choice!

Whilst Messi and Xavi is an OBJECTIVE and INEVITABLE choice.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by cougar1: 12:18am On Dec 16, 2010
Ibime:

3rd place is irrelevant.

Only the top two are set in stone.

The only reason 3rd place became contentious is because of the presence of Iniesta (who shouldn't make top 30 sef).

Replace Iniesta with Robben, Ronaldo, Milito, Maicon or David Silva and no one will even bring yeye Sneijder arguments into the debate.

Sneijder/Milito/Maico/Ronaldo/Robben is a SUBJECTIVE choice!

Whilst Messi and Xavi is an OBJECTIVE and INEVITABLE choice.

then i have nothing else to say here than call you a big fool. if you can compare sneijder to david silva(who nani shytes on in 2010), then you need to be intensively lobotomized.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by Ibime(m): 12:35am On Dec 16, 2010
^^Mugu, you can't counter the point that Sneijder/Milito/Maicon/Robben is neither here nor there. You just focusing on typos.

David Villa I meant of course!
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by cougar1: 1:04am On Dec 16, 2010
Ibime:

^^Mugu, you can't counter the point that Sneijder/Milito/Maicon/Robben is neither here nor there. You just focusing on typos.

David Villa I meant of course!

how did david silva equates david villa? instead of you to admit you made an error punishable by death, you are calling me mugu for calling you out. debating with you is ambiguous, cos like i said. . . . you are a big fool. if you cannot sort the difference between david villa & david silva, you are not fit to be in a debate with me.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by Ibime(m): 1:17am On Dec 16, 2010
Yes, I am not fit to be in debate with you Lorg Cougar abi Lord Sugar!

I humbly request to leave you to your Sneijder felation in peace whilst you stick needles in your eyes that fit and proper persons have deemed Sneijder is not worthy of consideration.

But before I leave, I will humbly remind that Messi has copped 74 goals in 75 in the same period Ronaldo you claim copped 43 in 44. I would leave you to see if you can get the ratio right this time.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by cougar1: 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ibime:

Yes, I am not fit to be in debate with you Lorg Cougar abi Lord Sugar!

I humbly request to leave you to your Sneijder felation in peace whilst you stick needles in your eyes that fit and proper persons have deemed Sneijder is not worthy of consideration.

who are the proper persons? you? an old fat fool that does not know the difference between david villa and david silva?

But before I leave, I will humbly remind that Messi has copped 74 goals in 75 in the same period Ronaldo you claim copped 43 in 44. I would leave you to see if you can get the ratio right this time.

see why i called u a fool. if ronaldo scores 2 goals in his next appearance, he will have 100% goal/game ratio. if messi scores a brace in his next appearance, he will also have a 100% goal/game ratio. english folks call it even stevens!
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by Ibime(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^ Coming from someone who earlier claimed that Ronnie has better stats.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by ritchboy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 16, 2010
Anyone with half a brain should know 74/75 is a better ratio than 43/44 smiley
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by AjanleKoko: 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2010
Come to think of it, Sneijder didn't win any individual awards this year, did he?
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2010
UEFA midfielder of the year.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by folahann(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2010
I need some enlightenment here. I thought FIFA switched to 5-man final nomination shortlist as they did last 2years. They have suddenly come back to 3-man shortlist, so when do they do 3 or 5.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by chic2pimp(m): 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ibime:

Pile of self-services!!!
Sneijder guided his clubside and country to the treble and worldcup finals respectively and you say ". . . . the season Xavi and Messi had. . . . ."
How was their season any greater than Sneijder's?

Ibime:

Career wise probably not. However we are judging em' based on last season's performance alone, then he(sneijder) was certainly in their stratosphere.
If Robben had not fluffed his lines(or as I like to call it "choked"wink, we wouldn't even be having this discussion now cuz Sneijder would be the run away winner of the Fifa Bllon D'or award.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by manoy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2010
Xavi is the winner smiley
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by eldee(m): 10:34pm On Dec 16, 2010
chic2pimp:

Pile of self-services!!!
Sneijder guided his clubside and country to the treble and worldcup finals respectively and you say ". . . . the season Xavi and Messi had. . . . ."
How was their season any greater than Sneijder's?
Career wise probably not. However we are judging em' based on last season's performance alone, then he(sneijder) was certainly in their stratosphere.

You don't get it do you?? Aiite, If I bought two strikers and they scored 17 goal each, I'd call myself a good scout.
Messi scored 34 in 35 matches, and he, not his manager was the key player in the team. . . same with Xavi.

When we watched Inter, all we talked about was Mourinho did this, Mourinho did that . . . the UCL was won from the bench.
Sneidjer was an attacking player in a defensive team, Messi and Xavi were the key attacking figures in the most offensive team in the world.
Re: Messi, Xavi And Iniesta: Who Will Win The Ballon D'or? by cougar1: 1:34am On Dec 17, 2010
Ibime:

^^ Coming from someone who earlier claimed that Ronnie has better stats.

you are still a big fool. ronaldo's 33 goals in 35 apps is better than messi's 47 goals in 53 apps. the season considered is 09/10 for the 2010 ballon d'or not the last two seasons. admit you're a doofus. you are not worthy to be in a debate with me. if we are talking ratios last season, cristiano had a better season unless you are an asswipe from borokiri kingdom where simpletons outnumber sane humans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Harry Redknapp Sacked As Tottenham Hotspur 's Manager / Swansea City Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 31st January 2012 / English Premier League Can't Be Better Than La Liga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.