Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG (13991 Views)

Tinubu Suspends 5% Telecoms Tax, Defers Finance Act To Sept 1 / Iyiochia Ayu: PDP Will Announce Atiku’s Running Mate Within 48 Hours / Finance Act: Disquiet As FG Targets ₦850 Billion From Dormant Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by dre11(m): 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
The Ministry of Finance on Tuesday said that the take-off date for the implementation of the newly signed Finance Law would be announced in due course.

The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Mrs Zainab Ahmed, said this in a statement issued by her Media Adviser, Yunusa Abdullahi.

Abdullahi in the statement said that a large sum of money realised from the increase in Value Added Tax would go to the States and the Local Governments Areas.

He described the 2020 Finance Act as one for the people, considering the expansion of VAT exemption list which includes basic food items.

Some of these items are cooking oil, culinary herbs, fish of all kinds, flour and starch, fruits, live or raw meat and poultry, milk, nuts, pulses, roots, salt, vegetables, and locally manufactured sanitary towels, tuition and services rendered by Microfinance Banks.

Ahmed commended the president for ensuring that the bill becomes law.

She said, “The strategic objectives in the finance bill recognises the crucial relationship between fiscal policy, the regulatory environment and the strong capital market we all seek to effect in Nigeria.

“We planned that going forward, the annual budget will always be accompanied by finance bills to enable the realisation of revenue projections.

“Future finance bills will therefore also provide us with additional opportunities to incrementally improve the fiscal policy and regulatory/legal environment in order to further strengthen our domestic capital market, and ultimately ensure sustained and inclusive growth and development.”

Highlighting the amendments, Ahmed noted that the Finance Act has offered incremental but necessary amendments to certain provisions of existing tax laws.

Some of them are the Companies Income Tax Act 2004; Personal Income Tax Act 2007;

Value Added Tax Act 2007; Petroleum Profits Tax Act; Stamp Duties Act, 2007; Customs and Excise Tariff Act, 2004; and Capital Gains Tax Act, 2007.

Some of the proposals contained in the finance bill include Amendment of excess dividend tax rules that result in double taxation and discourage investments; review of commencement and cessation business rules that also lead to double taxation; an incentive of two per cent bonus for early tax payment by medium-sized companies and one percent for large companies.

Others are an increase in the VAT rate; moderation of inefficient and ineffective tax incentives; and closing loopholes in the existing tax laws that allow tax avoidance resulting in tax revenue leakages.

https://punchng.com/finance-act-well-announce-implementation-date-fg/

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by omowolewa: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
The earliest the better

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Homeboiy: 7:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
I hear u
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Islie: 8:02am On Jan 15, 2020
The Ministry of Finance on Tuesday said that the take -off date for the implementation of the newly signed Finance Law would be announced in due course.

Let it be delayed because we arent ready for this burden...

Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by olaolulazio(m): 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2020
We will government...

Awon future tense user.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by NaijaMutant(f): 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2020
This is just an afterthought grin

They obviously omitted the commencement date before rushing to the President for his accent of the finance bill. undecided

Trust the retarded cow dullard to sign it without hesitation.

Argument on the commencement date by practitioners necessitated this poorly scripted announcement grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Enitxt(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
grin
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Spatta: 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
Deceivers

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Olayinka8793(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
l have been reading about obtaining TIN as a requirement to access ones bank account following the passage of the bill, how do one obtain a TIN and hope the process is fast? anybody fit educate me on this?
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by chinavs9ja(m): 12:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
Okay oo

Check my signature
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by IamPatriotic(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2020
They should hasten up with the implementation, so that I'll know how much Buhari will allow me to save from the little he added to my salary or whether to completely leave the job for him and jakpa at once, because I can't afford to buy a bag of semovita, a tin of Milo drink, more what I buying them now...or else it's either a state of emergency or I comot for them leaving my family behind first.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
I'm still thinking why I should be taxed to operate a bank account when I don't have a job. Let the government make provisions for employment and ease of doing business before hiking prices of that which the masses survive on.

12 Likes

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Nephilim: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
Unmh I don't think I understand o! Lolz lolz

2 Likes

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by GamalNasser: 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
Stop causing more confusion and damage to Economy , implement it immediately so businesses can make better projections ..Buhari loves suspense and suspense is very bad for any Economy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by OakConsultNG: 12:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
Okay then..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Seunaj05(m): 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Any financial act that will bring hardship to the Nigerians will not see the light of the day

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by drizslim(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
I don't tire for FG news
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by AmTruth: 12:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
Weldone guys. Keep it up for you got our Back the make Nigeria a better place.
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by airminem(f): 12:38pm On Jan 15, 2020
sad
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by christiandating: 12:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
Horlayhemy:
I'm still thinking why I should be taxed to operate a bank account when I don't have a job. Let the government make provisions for employment and ease of doing business before hiking prices of that which the masses survive on.
There must be a way out
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Cutezt(m): 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by bathroompro: 12:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hmm abeg make una no finish us oh.

Interested in our quality security doors, call 09090222221

Visit www.c-ceramica.com for more info
instagram.com/cceramicaltd for products

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by tweakdude1: 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
Olayinka8793:
l have been reading about obtaining TIN as a requirement to access ones bank account following the passage of the bill, how do one obtain a TIN and hope the process is fast? anybody fit educate me on this?

https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/Template/TINVerification

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by ezra1990: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
There was a country........

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Iogobenz(m): 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
There are still loopholes in this for people to exploit if they don't want to pay tax.
There is always a way,for those that know wink
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Kingpele(m): 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
Nice one, I don't know why some people here, either find it difficult to read or comprehend article. but will jump to spill their ignoranc here. some basic items which have direct impact on citizens especially the poor was exempted from VAT and some are critical about this, nawaoh....

1 Like

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Iogobenz(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2020
Kingpele:
Nice one, I don't know why some people here, either find it difficult to read or comprehend article. but will jump to spill their ignoranc here. some basic items which have direct impact on citizens especially the poor was exempted from VAT and some are critical about this, nawaoh....
Is everyone here limited to buying "BASIC ITEMS"? undecided
Or you think food is the problem of everyone here?
Also I hope you know you'll soon be needing a tax payers card to operate a bank account and a bulk of what you make(that is if you are even productive) will go to government. undecided
You are the one who needs to think more.
Ishhhh...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by DONSMITH123(m): 1:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Who cares
Re: Finance Act: We Will Announce Implementation Date – FG by Emmanuel950(m): 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
Olayinka8793:

visit firs online and enter your bvn or bank registered phone number to get the tin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jos Jailbreak: More Names, Photos Of Escaped Prisoners Declared Wanted / Peter Obi & Datti Visit The Palace Of Emir Of Dutse, Jigawa State (Pictures) / Achebe: Community, Church, Family Fight Over Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.