Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,092 members, 7,835,675 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. (2200 Views)

Olden Days Lies Elders Told Us -- Share Here / Ustaz Abdulfattah Adeyemi: 'Your Husband Is Meant To Be Shared With Other Women' / The Kind Of List We Give Men, Women Are Meant To Be Rolling During Wedding- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Christmasdon(m): 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
He ate anything he was served as meat unknown to him was the local chicken gizzard meant for the elders. now he was asked to provide a full live chicken as fine.

1 Like

Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by LadySarah: 11:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
The elders don't have taste. When the laps are there...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by ahnie: 12:25am On Jan 15, 2020
You just cannot cut corners when it comes to customs and tradition.

The elders should just eat the chicken neck...since the gizzard yaff crossed the road

3 Likes

Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Nobody: 2:42am On Jan 15, 2020
Christmasdon:
He ate anything he was served as meat unknown to him was the local chicken gizzard meant for the elders. now he was asked to provide a full live chicken as fine.

Based on tradition, it's actually meant for the eldest person in the house.
And the chicken head, for the first son.
The chicken nyash, for the first daughter in the house.
The ukwu (hips) for the wife (who cooks the meal)

But really, all these sounds funny.

When the head, gizzard, nyash..i prefer to throw them away especially that gizzard. It can be very smelly even when you fry it!

1 Like

Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by blessedvisky(m): 6:03am On Jan 15, 2020
The elders Kwa. So at least two adults will share one tiny piece of meat and be feeling fly based on say na them old pass??

Lmao!
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by chii8(f): 7:15am On Jan 15, 2020
What am I doing with those when the wings are readily available...
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Christmasdon(m): 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2020
Let us work together Nigeria would be great.
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by sisisioge: 5:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
grin grin grin grin

He should biko provide it...next time claim you're not hungry when in the village grin
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Chomsky1967(f): 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2020
chii8:
What am I doing with those when the wings are readily available...
Your head is there! Wings, back and neck for me. I dash whoever the remaining parts.
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by bukatyne(f): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Christmasdon:

Who served him the meal?

Was the person not aware of the tradition?

If he can afford it, he should provide it.
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by babyfaceafrica: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2020
Chomsky1967:

Your head is there! Wings, back and neck for me. I dash whoever the remaining parts.

Love your handle.. Are you relates to the great linguist Noam chomsky?
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by armyofone(m): 2:18am On Feb 18, 2020
He should run away to Lagos!
Sent them a truck loaded with fowl -
Chicken gizzard is big deal ? All those awa hungry elders sef!

Christmasdon:
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Born2Breed(f): 7:01am On Feb 18, 2020
Lol.

Gizzard don cause yawa.
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Chomsky1967(f): 12:47pm On Feb 18, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Love your handle.. Are you relates to the great linguist Noam chomsky?
Thanks. I'm his daughter from one of the universities in northern nigeria
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Richy4(m): 1:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
cheesy
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by babyfaceafrica: 1:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
Chomsky1967:

Thanks. I'm his daughter from one of the universities in northern nigeria
I am Your uncle then.. A syntax man... Nice meeting you
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Chomsky1967(f): 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
I am Your uncle then.. A syntax man... Nice meeting you
Syntax... No matter what I did, I always managed to just pass it by whiskers. Much respect uncle syntax
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by babyfaceafrica: 3:48pm On Feb 18, 2020
Chomsky1967:

Syntax... No matter what I did, I always managed to just pass it by whiskers. Much respect uncle syntax

Hahahaha.. I guess you love sociolingustics, where you can write and write....i won't lie that syntax is not hard, it is abstract.. So you need to read it over and over again...then it becomes easy... Hope you are doing fine sha... When will you finish at school
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Chomsky1967(f): 8:01pm On Feb 18, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Hahahaha.. I guess you love sociolingustics, where you can write and write....i won't lie that syntax is not hard, it is abstract.. So you need to read it over and over again...then it becomes easy... Hope you are doing fine sha... When will you finish at school
Socio, applied and semantics. Morphology too.
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by babyfaceafrica: 8:11pm On Feb 18, 2020
Chomsky1967:

Socio, applied and semantics. Morphology too.
lolz.... You try... Which year are you? ..stay blessed
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
So they still do this? cheesy

The one I know that's still very serious is cow waist.
It's strictly for the ùmùada.
Don't ever go near that else u and them will put leg inside one trouser cheesy

Weird traditions.
Nothing bad as long as they don't dehumanize anybody.
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Who served him the meal?

Was the person not aware of the tradition?

If he can afford it, he should provide it.
It's not really that serious. Mostly done in family setting where the dad is old school and eating chicken isn't a common thing cheesy

U will see this mainly in village setting drama depicting the lifestyles of old
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by Chomsky1967(f): 11:07am On Feb 19, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
lolz.... You try... Which year are you? ..stay blessed

Graduated '15
Re: He Ate The Chicken Gizzard Meant For Elders. Please Advice. by babyfaceafrica: 4:05pm On Feb 19, 2020
Chomsky1967:

Graduated '15
you do well

(1) (Reply)

Bride Price Or Marriage List:which Is Worse? / Would You Rather Live A Short But Successful Life Or A Long And Unfulfilled One? / In Need Of Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.