Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Police Boss In Custody For Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Boss In Custody For Murder (1895 Views)

Six Policemen In Custody For Killing 33-year-old (Pictured) / Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Ondo Policemen Kill Driver In Custody, Label Him Armed Robber- The Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Boss In Custody For Murder by LocalChamp: 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2010
Police boss in custody for murder

By Patience Ogbo

December 5, 2010 11:59PM

A middle-aged man, Femi Best, was on Sunday morning, allegedly shot dead by the Divisional Police Officer of the Olosan Police Station, Mushin, Kayode Ojaleponwa.

According to an eye witness, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the incident happened about 5.30am when Mr Best, who was driving his light blue Nissan Odyssey SUV, ran into the car conveying the police boss and his team at the Fadeyi Bus Stop. Mr Ojaleponwa, dressed in plain clothes, and driving his tinted Honda Accord car, pursued Mr Best as he drove away. Two other plain clothes police officers were also in the car with the police boss. Mr Best, also known as Femi Yahoo, was said to have driven to Onipanu and parked in front of the Onipanu Police Station. Persons at the scene allege that the police boss, on reaching there, brought out his gun and shot Mr Best in the head several times.

Mob reaction

Mr Best’s death caused pandemonium at the police station as heavily armed youth from the Agunbiade area of Shomolu invaded the station in protest of the murder. They also unleashed terror on commuters and other business owners in the area and held police officers hostage for close to one hour before the Rapid Response Squad, from the Alade and Bariga Police Stations, mobilised and disarmed the youth. “About 6.00am, we heard gun shots and the youth, numbering about one thousand, were moving from Agunbiade to Onipanu,” said Tokyo Jide, a resident of Shomulu. “They were chanting war songs that the DPO of the Olosan Police Station had killed Femi Yahoozee. Femi is a well known ‘Yahoo Man’ (Internet scammer) in Shomolu and he also belongs to the Eiye Cult (a secret confraternity). Femi’s girlfriend, who was with him in his jeep when the DPO shot him, said the police car chased them from Mushin down to Onipanu Police Station. She said it was the DPO that shot Femi several times.”

According to Mr Jide, the victim’s girl friend informed his friends and the cultists mobilised and come to the police station. “When the youth came, they saw Femi in a pool of his own blood and the police officers at the station tried to calm the youth that they were not the ones who shot Femi, but the youth will not be calmed,” he said. “They wanted to burn down the station, but the RRS police men arrived the scene and started shooting and throwing [tear gas] canisters into the air. They were able to free the hostage but peace is yet to be restored to Onipanu because the youth said they must revenge the death of their friend.”

Containing the situation

About ten patrol vans, with heavily armed police officers, have been placed at the troubled spot. Police officers have cordoned off the station, while movement in and out of the Onipanu Bus Stop have been restricted. A senior police officer at the scene, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Mr Ojaleponwa has been detained. “The DPO who shot the man has been arrested but I cannot tell you his name, because the case is under investigation,” he said. “Our concern now is to maintain law and order as the youth have threatened to burn down all the police stations at Shomolu. So we have beefed up security. People should not take the laws into their hands because it will cause more problem for the country.”

Frank Mba, the spokesperson for the Lagos Police Command, said the police is investigating the incident. “An officer attached to the command, accused of being the author of the crime, has been arrested and currently assisting investigators with the on-going investigation,” he said. “The body of the deceased has been deposited in a government morgue for autopsy. A team of senior police officers from the Command, led by the CP (Commissioner of Police), Marvel Akpoyibo, has since visited the scene of the incident. While commiserating with the family of the deceased, the Command wishes to reassure all concerned that the investigation into the incident will be swift, discreet and transparent.”

Mr Best is survived by a wife and kids.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5650196-146/story.csp
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by RichyBlacK(m): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2010
Naija police! A bunch of murderers.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by PhilMoane: 4:06pm On Dec 06, 2010
While it will never be a right thing to take breath out of a Man's nostrils.

It will not be mis-construed if one note that the dead scammer had probably killed some people by taking

their resources cunningly. His case has turned to be like that of Asiwere that is gathering wealth in an unjust way.

I think other scammers should note that no matter how long they go cheating others,

One day, the will discover their foolishness.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by violent(m): 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2010
^^ stoopid!

A Nigerian was shot dead in his car by an officer of the law and all you could think about is. . . "serves him right". .

A dead cannot defend himself of allegations of fraud or cultisim, all you have based you silly thoughts on are outright, unestablished claims you were fed with by the press, .
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Blazay(m): 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2010
Welcome to the Nigerian Police Force. . . of which Ribadu excelled as a stellar policeman. cheesy
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by nich(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2010
shocked na wa o!
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2010
Phil Moane:

While it will never be a right thing to take breath out of a Man's nostrils.

It will not be mis-construed if one note that the dead scammer had probably killed some people by taking

their resources cunningly. His case has turned to be like that of Asiwere that is gathering wealth in an unjust way.

I think other scammers should note that no matter how long they go cheating others,

One day, the will discover their foolishness.

Holy-roller. It could have been you, you know. Police brutality is no respecter of morality.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2010
hear what the police chief had to say 'investigation will be[b] discreet & transparent[/b] is that an oxymoron?
someone pls tell me the meaning of discreet and transparent
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by DapoBear(m): 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2010
Whatever crimes he committed as a scammer do not give the police licence to murder him in cold blood in front of a frikkin police station. They are two separate issues.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Whatever crimes he committed as a scammer do not give the police licence to murder him in cold blood in front of a frikkin police station. They are two separate issues.
BUT the point is that there are always nasty consequences to being a 419er and a fraudster. I don't know what exactly possessed the cop to shoot this yahoozee man but in some sense it is poetic justice that he should be slain in the hands of an officer of the law that he treated with so much disdain.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by violent(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2010
tensor777:

BUT the point is that there are always nasty consequences to being a 419er and a fraudster. I don't know what exactly possessed the cop to shoot this yahoozee man but in some sense it is poetic justice that he should be slain in the hands of an officer of the law that he treated with so much didain.

Poetic Justice? this is not a V for Vendetta movie,  If there is any credibility or sound reasoning to poetic Justice, then one should question why politicians who loot the treasury and haunt us with their stolen loot walk about unabated.

It does seem that "Poetic Justice" and "nasty consequences" only come up in discussions when "lesser" Nigerians are killed in cold blood by the same people we trust to protect us. . . thus the irony in the thinking, the Police is your friend!
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by TippyTop(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
violent:

Poetic Justice? this is not a V for Vendetta movie,  If there is any credibility or sound reasoning to poetic Justice, then one should question why  politicians who loot the treasury and haunt us with their stolen loot walk about unabated.

It does seem that "Poetic Justice" and "nasty consequences" only come up in discussions when "lesser" Nigerians are killed in cold blood by the same people we trust to protect us. . . thus the irony in the thinking, the Police is your friend!

The dead scammer and this DPO deserve each other ja re.
Stop talking about this yahooze guy like he was just another innocent Nigerian youth cut down in his prime by a lunatic DPO.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by DapoBear(m): 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
^-- Apparent that some Nigerians are not interested in rule of law.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by bkbabe97y(m): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2010
Tippy Top:

The dead scammer and this DPO deserve each other ja re.
Stop talking about this yahooze guy like he was just another innocent Nigerian youth cut down in his prime by a lunatic DPO.

PEACE OUT!!!

. . . . .and what if later investigatins reveal that Mr Femi Best was never a scammer?
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

. . . . .and what if later investigatins reveal that Mr Femi Best was never a scammer?
Well he apparently was very popular in his area as a practitioner of that nefarious activity. There is not a cat in hell's chance that this slain gangster was not a serial fraudster and 419er. Just die that argument.
However to be fair to all, it is common in Nigeria for law enforcement officers to lose patience with these type of local crime bosses and their never ending arrests and appearances at their local police stations and just decide to waste them by summary execution.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
Nigeria police as usual
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by TippyTop(m): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Am surprised you missed it but the clue he's a scammer is in the original post. Try reading it again, he's not called Femi Yahoo for nothing.

PEACE OUT!!!
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Kilode1: 10:43pm On Dec 06, 2010
tensor777:

Well he apparently was very popular in his area as a practitioner of that nefarious activity. There is not a cat in hell's chance that this slain gangster was not a serial fraudster and 419er. Just die that argument.

Really, 100% sure? No doubt at all? and all these are based on what facts exactly?

However to be fair to all, it is common in Nigeria for law enforcement officers to lose patience with these type of local crime bosses and their never ending arrests and appearances at their local police stations and just decide to waste them by summary execution.

And that justifies shooting this Nigerian several times in the head by that DPO in front of an effing police station? you called that poetic justice?

Oh boy! we still have a lot of work to do o!
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by stranger: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

We know ourselves. The country is pretty small and people get into other people's business all the time.
I am pretty sure he is a scammer

DapoBear:

^-- Apparent that some Nigerians are not interested in rule of law.
The rule of law has nothing to do with it
This is Nigeria, there is no one setting you up, and there are no white people framing you up, like in OJ's case.
The rule of law does not serve the interest of the common man. It is for the highest bidder; Case in point, OJ simpson.
If you have the money, you can get a way with murder. In Nigeria however, we dont want you to get away with crime, however small it may be.
Death to criminals is our slogan. Justice for all is tha aim. Jungle justice is the only language we understand.
I love it that way. With Jungle justice, there is no waste of money, no unneccessary arguments and counter-arguements, no second chance for the criminal to hurt someone else, and there are no underhand deals. It is fair, and no one escapes it.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by stranger: 11:12pm On Dec 06, 2010
This is my area

OMG, The police officer is lucky I no longer live there

Anyway, I trust my people in Shomolo/Bariga/Agunbiade axis.

e pain me gan ooooooooo
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by violent(m): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2010

you read an effing news and you are pretty sure?  shocked shocked
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2010
stranger:

We know ourselves. The country is pretty small and people get into other people's business all the time.
True that. In fact in Nigeria these type of fraudsters are extremely well known in their community and to the local law enforcement officials.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2010
stranger:

In Nigeria however, we dont want you to get away with crime, however small it may be.
Death to criminals is our slogan. Justice for all is tha aim. Jungle justice is the only language we understand.
I love it that way. With Jungle justice, there is no waste of money, no unneccessary arguments and counter-arguements, no second chance for the criminal to hurt someone else, and there are no underhand deals. It is fair, and no one escapes it.
Well that is the blunt unpalatable truth. I guess the DPO just lost patience with this parasitic serial fraudster and rashly decided to take the law into his own hands.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by lakeside4love(m): 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2010
So lagos dey boil like dis?na wa o.Anod trigger happy DPO.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by billgatexp(m): 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2010
The Bastards Shot my Bestfriend sometime 2 years ago in portharcourt when we were returning frm church, they collected his two phones, money and shoes, They will all die , If not for God, I would have died too but God kept me alive to tell the story, POLICE, TSHEW
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by legendprac(m): 11:48pm On Dec 06, 2010
violent:

^^ stoopid!

A Nigerian was shot dead in his car by an officer of the law and all you could think about is. . . "serves him right". .

A dead cannot defend himself of allegations of fraud or cultisim, all you have based you silly thoughts on are outright, unestablished claims you were fed with by the press,  .

i wonder, some ppl dont know the right things to say, smh
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 07, 2010
stranger:

This is my area

OMG, The police officer is lucky I no longer live there

Anyway, I trust my people in Shomolo/Bariga/Agunbiade axis.

e pain me gan ooooooooo
So what would you have done if you still live in the area ?
@topic
the fact that the guy is yahoo boy did not justify his killing afterall he's innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by stranger: 12:04am On Dec 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@topic
the fact that the guy is yahoo boy did not justify his killing afterall he's innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

Ladugbo mi
tin ti yo
Won lo fa garawa

Omo bone talks
I for do plenty

Anyway, i trust ma people.
Onipan kan, stranger kan!

Gbabeski!
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 07, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@topic
That's a very elementary point that no one here is disputing. BUT  there is a time to be born and a time to DIE. With his lifestyle choice it should be no surprise that he actually died a violent death as he lived by deceitfully or violently depriving other people of their life-savings and earnings. He now has to face ultimate justice.
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 07, 2010
tensor777:

That's a very elementary point that no one here is disputing. BUT  there is a time to be born and a time to DIE. With his lifestyle choice it should be no surprise that he actually died a violent death as he lived by deceitfully or violently depriving other people of their life-savings and earnings. He now has to face ultimate justice.
I don't think law and order recognizes law of karma.if not why has IBB not die a violent death ?
Re: Police Boss In Custody For Murder by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 07, 2010
stranger:

Ladugbo mi
tin ti yo
Won lo fa garawa

Omo bone talks
I for do plenty

Anyway, i trust ma people.
Onipan kan, stranger kan!

Gbabeski!
O lenu sha. . .se iwo ti ri bi ti won ge eti eyan ri nitori pe o n jabo anyhow.o farabale

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is The Video Of How Ugbonna And Frends Were Killed. / Nigerians Please Be Careful With This Man. / Extreme Graphic Photos Of Lives Lost And People Injured During Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.