Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

British Journalist Back Odegbami: ‘yes, Yobo Can Lead Eagles To 2022 World Cup!’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / British Journalist Back Odegbami: ‘yes, Yobo Can Lead Eagles To 2022 World Cup!’ (355 Views)

Odegbami: Samson Siasia Does Not Deserve To Be Abandoned NOW! / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / I’m Ready To Lead Eagles Again — Mikel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

British Journalist Back Odegbami: ‘yes, Yobo Can Lead Eagles To 2022 World Cup!’ by solbase10(m): 2:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
Former Nigeria Sports Minister, Bolaji Abdulahi and a British journalist, Satish Sekar have backed former Green Eagles captain, Segun Odegbami’s claim that another former captain of the Nigeria senior national football team, Joseph Yobo has what it takes to lead Nigeria to the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

Odegbami proposed in his weekly column in Complete Sports on Saturday that ‘Yobo, after two years of providing him the necessary training and exposure, should become the coach of the Super Eagles to the FIFA World Cup, Qatar 2022.

The article has been generating great international interest and provoking serious debate and discourse in several media.

Abdulahi and Sekar agree with Odegbami that Yobo has the technical ability, the exposure, the personality and has displayed excellent character and exemplary leadership.

“I am solidly with you on this. As Minister, I had a close interaction with Joseph at some of the most critical moments in my time. I saw clearly all that you have seen. In addition, I also found him to be emotionally intelligent – one major attribute of leadership in a complex arena as sports,” Abdullahi was quoted to have said in an article Odegbami wrote for opera.com.

Sekar who is also the editor of empower sports magazine concurs and was quoted thus in the article: “Interesting argument, But I must add to it. Not only should Yobo be considered but look at the class of 2013. Identify players with leadership credentials on the pitch, and character off it. Invest in them. Train them for coaching as they are nearing the end of their playing careers. As they approach the end on the pitch they begin to develop abilities and have a long future. For example, Vincent Enyeama. Let him start as a goalkeeping coach with a view to becoming a national coach in future”.

Odegbami compared Yobo to former Barcelona captain, Xavi Hernandez who retired from football in 2019, joined a local Club in Saudi Arabia last May as manager and was approached by one of the greatest clubs in the world, his former club, FC Barcelona to become their coach albeit he turned down the offer.

Log on to www.completesports.com to read more interesting news like this. @completesportsnigeria @Completesports #breakingnews #sports #news ##sportsnews #caf #football #footballnews

(1) (Reply)

Fabinho And Joel Matip Set For Liverpool Vs Manchester United, Says Jurgen Klopp / UFC 247 : Jon Jones Vs Dominick Reyes FREE / BREAKING!! Leo Messi Wins Laureus Sportsman Of The Year AWARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.