Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So (36542 Views)

Segun Odegbami Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today / Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by soloenzo(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
Why I Think Rashidi Yekini Could Have Been Murdered – Segun Odegbami

Retired Nigerian Footballer, Olusegun Odegbami, says he believes his colleague, Rashidi Yekini, was murdered in 2012.

Prior to his death, Yekini was reported to have been ill for an extended period of time after allegedly suffering from bipolar disorder, depression and some other undisclosed psychiatric condition.

But Odegbami in an interview with The Chat disagreed with the claims, saying “nobody could explain the circumstances of his death”.

“His people actually went and abducted him from his car and took him to a native doctor of some sort to cure him of his ‘insanity’, he explained.

“Why insanity?…because he was funding so many philanthropic projects, giving people his money which he had kept in the bank for so long.

“All through his professional career, he didn’t spend a dime of the money he was getting from Europe, so he had a lot of money in UBA at the time, because one of the managers was my friend.

“They had even advised him to invest but with his own native intelligence, he did not do much investment.

“He built his house, did some things but he had a lot of money so he felt like distributing and they said he was mad so they took him to the native doctor and started giving him all kinds of concoctions and the man passed on. So, that’s why I said he could have been murdered”.

Speaking of his life after football, the retired player said himself, as well as many of his colleagues who are still alive, are now suffering the consequences of over-exerting their joints.

According to him, most of them are not doing so well and have been faced with various challenges especially health-wise and with no support at all from the government.

“You’ll see me walk with a limp these days… that’s what happens to the rest of us,” the 67-year-old former footballer said.

“Probably we would have demanded (not for any payment of some sort) but to have created a system or an institution that will take care of us in old age which is something we have found out now”, he added.

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2019/09/08/why-i-think-rashidi-yekini-was-murdered-segun-odegbami/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by huptin(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2019
soloenzo:

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2019/09/08/why-i-think-rashidi-yekini-was-murdered-segun-odegbami/amp/

ignorance has killed a million times more than natural disasters especially here in Africa, May Yekini's soul continue to RIP

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by emeijeh(m): 8:09pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hey Odegbami,
Please let sleeping dogs lie.

"....the money he was getting from Europe, so he had a lot of money in UBA at the time, because one of the managers was my friend."

That manager was lucky not to be fired for breaching the oath of secrecy he signed.

WHO DOES THAT?!!!!!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by oluwasegun007(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
Nn
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by chukwuibuipob: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
so on point
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hmmm, have nothing to say
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by kolafolabi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2019
Thank God he thinks.. Not sure. I thought he was not mentally normal before he joined his ancestor..
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by kli92: 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2019

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by whytediamond(m): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
How can a sane man with his mental health intact be bundled and taken to a native doctor against his will?

If truly he was murdered, what did the police do about the murder suspects?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Emilokoiyawon: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
Most footballers at any point in time are richer than the masses, if anyone squanders his money that's his headache

7 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Ibile77(m): 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
True talk. God bless one of the living legends

6 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by orunmila144: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
shocked
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by OmoManU: 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
True, I remembered sometimes in 1998, that very lovely day as a young boy I saw Rashidi Yekini just before the World Cup of that year, dashing people on the streets money just in front of the federal polytechnics Offa in his newly acquired brand new Mercedes Benz ML 1998 model, what a lovely memory. RIP King Yekini....Bismilahi Kulhuwa Allahu

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by buygala(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
emeijeh:
Hey Odegbami,
Please let sleeping dogs lie.

Why should he keep quiet?

Abi are you among those who killed Yekini?

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by ebonytarki(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
What is this 1 trying to prove again? Go and file a proper lawsuit and follow it.
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by bobolistica(m): 8:13pm On Sep 08, 2019
shocking revelation... this should be investigated...I'm sure the family has finish sharing the money amongst themselves

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Decolonel(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
Too bad for a legend to die like a pauper in a shit hole country.

3 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by HisMajesty1(m): 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2019
Rashidi Yekini's case is a sad one. Especially his life after football.

10 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Flier: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2019
He wasn’t murdered he was attacked by village people,he was too close to his root,something that caused him a lot of problem
You can’t be rich and continue to live in the village
Somebody that supposed to move to an estate or high class area immediately he got money but he refused to leave his local area,mingles with Old women every morning,dating all kind of low class paraga sellers and road side food sellers.You can’t live that way and last long if you are rich

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Isoduwa(m): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2019
He Nor hear say e set for South Africa and Nigerian for uptown Wetin he talk?
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by emeijeh(m): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2019
buygala:

Why should he keep quiet?

Abi are you among those who killed Yekini?

Continue selling your gala.
You are Jon snow

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by jkendy(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
Where have you been all these while Go help him suffering aged mother biko
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by Yahman1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
I don't know why he is revealing this now after over 5 years, is it just me but I think the Quality of Oshogbo Weed is getting stronger undecided
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by buygala(m): 8:16pm On Sep 08, 2019
emeijeh:

Continue selling your gala.
You are Jon snow

Now you are acting real suspicious sad

I think you will have some questions to answer at Louis Edet House....just wait for our call

This forum isn't as anonymous as many of you think

6 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by allanphash7(m): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
Odegbami the mathematician

Yekini the god of goals

These pair played football and earned little financially out of it

Continue to RIP boss Rashidi Yekini

6 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by 0temSapien: 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
Well said, Mr Segun. Traditional religion killed him. Who knows how many people have also been ignorantly killed by Christianity and Islam? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by TheGameYard(m): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hmnn
Re: Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So by OBAGADAFFI: 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Referee Basil Giwa Slumps And Dies In Ibadan (Pictured) / Nigeria Finishes 8th At The Common Wealth Games With 11 Gold / Kanu Nwankwo Reacts To Arsène Wenger Resignation With Emotional Message - Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.