Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday (1927 Views)

Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) / Lady Caught Stealing At A Shop In Warri Where She Previously Stole From / Police Recover N1.3M From 19-Year-Old Boy In Gombe, He Stole From Lebanese Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
Please I'm sharing this story to learn from people's views and also warn people to be extremely careful in helping others.

The story....

I own a laundry shop and usually have atleast two staff whose duties are mainly washing and ironing. We went on a small break during the Christmas-NewYear celebration and resumed early January, but my two staff didn't turn up, so I started looking for new workers.

A young guy walked into my shop last Saturday and declared his interest in handling the ironing job, according to him he had a previous work experience. After talking with him, I asked him to bring a guarantor, CV, application letter and passport while resuming work on Monday...I must confess that the workload is too much for only me and it prompted me to be a bit desperate.

By Sunday evening he sent me an SMS begging me to allow him bring the items I requested on Wednesday cause that's when the guarantor will also be available, and he pleaded that I should allow him resume work on Monday while waiting for Wednesday. Out of pity and because I was a bit desperate, I accepted his proposal.

He resumed work on Monday, and on Tuesday(yesterday) I had a visitor at the shop, a friend(lady) that was searching for an apartment whom I wanted to help secure one in my estate. The lady came to my shop and dropped her handbag which I didn't know contained #17500. We stepped out for like 20minutes to inspect the apartment, by the time we came back the guy has vanished. He had gone through the lady's bag immediately we stepped out and took the whole money including my office phone.

As soon as the lady noticed that her money is gone, she started shouting and creating scene, asking me to go find the boy or pay her the money..her drama was becoming too much so I had to source for #17500 immediately with the help of my landlady and gave her...

That was how my little favour turned out to be a nightmare.

Heaven knows I'm going to scrutinize any potential staff before employing him/her. This is why it's difficult to help people nowadays...I have learnt my lesson.

Please forgive any typos or grammatical blunder cause I'm still vexing.

3 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by alonzoiv(m): 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Too bad. He has blocked the chances of other genuine and innocent people who are truly in need.

9 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by DUNKA(m): 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Skyfornia:
Please I'm sharing this story to learn from people's views and also warn people to be extremely careful in helping others.

The story....

I own a laundry shop and usually have atleast two staff whose duties are mainly washing and ironing. We went on a small break during the Christmas-NewYear celebration and resumed early January, but my two staff didn't turn up, so I started looking for new workers.

A young guy walked into my shop last Saturday and declared his interest in handling the ironing job, according to him he had a previous work experience. After talking with him, I asked him to bring a guarantor, CV, application letter and passport while resuming work on Monday...I must confess that the workload is too much for only me and it prompted me to be a bit desperate.

By Sunday evening he sent me an SMS begging me to allow him bring the items I requested on Wednesday cause that's when the guarantor will also be available, and he pleaded that I should allow him resume work on Monday while waiting for Wednesday. Out of pity and because I was a bit desperate, I accepted his proposal.

He resumed work on Monday, and on Tuesday(yesterday) I had a visitor at the shop, a friend(lady) that was searching for an apartment whom I wanted to help secure one in my estate. The lady came to my shop and dropped her handbag which I didn't know contained #17500. We stepped out for like 20minutes to inspect the apartment, by the time we came back the guy has vanished. He had gone through the lady's bag immediately we stepped out and took the whole money including my office phone.

As soon as the lady noticed that her money is gone, she started shouting and creating scene, asking me to go find the boy or pay her the money..her drama was becoming too much so I had to source for #17500 immediately with the help of my landlady and gave her...

That was how my little favour turned out to be a nightmare.

Heaven knows I'm going to scrutinize any potential staff before employing him/her. This is why it's difficult to help people nowadays...I have learnt my lesson.

Please forgive any typos or grammatical blunder cause I'm still vexing.
oga that your lady friend must be a frenemy. Do away with her this 2020 grin

12 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2020
DUNKA:
oga that your lady friend must be a frenemy. Do away with her this 2020 grin

Seriously...I deleted her number as soon as she left. Imagine, my landlady gave her 10k and she threw it on the floor, I had to complete it with #7500 before she accepted it.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2020
alonzoiv:
Too bad. He has blocked the chances of other genuine and innocent people who are truly in need.

You are right...my brain will always flash back any time I wish to help people...Now I understand what it means when they say 'Na condition make crayfish bend'

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by kay29000(m): 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
Nawa o
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by kay29000(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
Skyfornia:

Seriously...I deleted her number as soon as she left. Imagine, my landlady gave her 10k and she threw it on the floor, I had to complete it with #7500 before she accepted it.

Women don't joke with money o. grin

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by kay29000(m): 3:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
But OP, don't you have his phone number? You can find a way to track him down with that.
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by DoubleEngine007: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2020
See your so called friend when you help go find hux.. You should be thankful to the little boy,that exposed who your lady friend truly is "FRENEMY"
Na so she for take carry you land for trouble one day.. D boy too sef no do well.. What is bad is bad..

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 4:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
kay29000:

Women don't joke with money o. grin

She is was a friend..and didn't even calm down for a minute so we can think of a way forward. What if I was planning to marry her..this is how she ruined such opportunity. Smh

5 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
kay29000:
But OP, don't you have his phone number? You can find a way to track him down with that.

His number is off including my office line. I don't trust Nigerian police in finding someone especially when the money or worth is not big in their eyes...they will end up extorting you.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
See your so called friend when you help go find hux.. You should be thankful to the little boy,that exposed who your lady friend truly is "FRENEMY"
Na so she for take carry you land for trouble one day.. D boy too sef no do well.. What is bad is bad..

Bros I'm weak...I would still have given her something if she didn't shout cause I understand her loss. But her shouting and drama was unnecessary.
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by kay29000(m): 5:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
Skyfornia:

His number is off including my office line. I don't trust Nigerian police in finding someone especially when the money or worth is not big in their eyes...they will end up extorting you.

Okay. True Sha.
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by lovelyefem(m): 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
That's was pathetic. A lot of people have large chunks of money lying fallow in the bank but are afraid of going into business for the fear of being swindled. A lot of our youths are not truly employable.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Jabioro: 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
The lady was a stupid fellow,she is a fellow of fickle minded..What about as you people went out to check the apartment something bad happened to your enemy..how does she going to pay you back..I am sorry for your situation..the thief boy will soon get arrested..you will walk to him accidentally..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by realstars: 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2020
He is playing you the game of personal interest.

3 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by edoairways: 1:02am On Jan 16, 2020
Skyfornia you, the lady and dry cleaner share the blame.
Your lady friend was never your friend because she ought to have removed her bag from your shop. Probably nature has a way of exposing those who are your true friends.
You on the other hand trusted your employee without considering a background check. Nigeria has gone bad hence trust no one.
Your employee just hindered others from gaining your trust. That guy is a thief hence he fell.

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by YesNo(m): 7:10am On Jan 16, 2020
She just dropped her handbag as if the money was tissue paper. Big flop

2 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2020
edoairways:
Skyfornia you, the lady and dry cleaner share the blame.
Your lady friend was never your friend because she ought to have removed her bag from your shop. Probably nature has a way of exposing those who are your true friends.
You on the other hand trusted your employee without considering a background check. Nigeria has gone bad hence trust no one.
Your employee just hindered others from gaining your trust. That guy is a thief hence he fell.

You are absolutely right..infact I blamed myself and that's the reason I paid back the money. It's a great lesson I have learnt...thanks for sharing your views.
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by edoairways: 7:26am On Jan 16, 2020
Skyfornia:

You are absolutely right..infact I blamed myself and that's the reason I paid back the money. It's a great lesson I have learnt...thanks for sharing your views.
You are welcome. Now you have learnt your lesson, be wise

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Daddy46: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
Skyfornia:

You are right...my brain will always flash back any time I wish to help people...Now I understand what it means when they say 'Na condition make crayfish bend'
sorry about the lost sir we still have good citizen who needs job and are honest just take it easy in two weeks he has finish the Money you may still see the same trying it again and get caught sorry life goes on
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
Daddy46:
sorry about the lost sir we still have good citizen who needs job and are honest just take it easy in two weeks he has finish the Money you may still see the same trying it again and get caught sorry life goes on

Thank you...
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by pocohantas(f): 3:34pm On Jan 16, 2020
So sorry about your experience, Sir.

I had a visitor at the shop, a friend(lady)

As soon as the lady noticed that her money is gone, she started shouting and creating scene, asking me to go find the boy or pay her the money..her drama was becoming too much so I had to source for #17500 immediately with the help of my landlady and gave her...[/b]

I am very concerned about this creature you call your friend. You left your business and productive work hrs to go help her house hunt - but she decided to embarrass you because of N17,500? Money wey no reach buy tyre.

That lady is not your friend. She is a typical Nigerian female parasite.

As nonsense as I am, I would never embarrass my FRIEND because of N17,500.

5 Likes

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by pocohantas(f): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
Skyfornia:

Very mannerless entity.
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Twoclans(f): 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
You really have a good heart ,like seriously you dont owe her refund of money that she kept carelessly .Even when you go to banks and some organizations and park your vehicle they tell you its parked at owners risk . angry

Refunding her Money is not your call ,how are you even sure she had that amount in her bag or that she did not swindle you in conjunction with your run away staff.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Very mannerless entity.

She was just acting like olosho that a guy slept with without paying...I shock!!
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
Skyfornia:

She was just acting like olosho that a guy slept with without paying...I shock!!

The kind of FRIEND you keep. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Thegamingorca(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
pocohantas:
So sorry about your experience, Sir.

I am very concerned about this creature you call your friend. You left your business and productive work hrs to go help her house hunt - but she decided to embarrass you because of N17,500? Money wey no reach buy tyre.

That lady is not your friend. She is a typical Nigerian female parasite.

As nonsense as I am, I would never embarrass my FRIEND because of N17,500.

embarassed lol
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 5:35pm On Jan 16, 2020
pocohantas:

The kind of FRIEND you keep. smiley

It has ended...
Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Skyfornia(m): 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
Twoclans:
How are you even sure she had that amount in her bag or that she did not swindle you in conjunction with your run away staff.

That's another angle...I decided to pay her the money not because I have it plenty but to be at peace with myself when I end our friendship. Let posterity or her conscience judge her in future.

1 Like

Re: A Guy I Employed On Monday Stole From My Shop On Tuesday by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2020
when you find a good lady, you will be looking for unattainable qualities in her, so sorry for your loss ,broke women don't joke with money cry

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Woodbery's Indictment Released! Was Chatting With Undercover FBI Agent The Whole / .. / Panic As Drunk Police Officer Kills Nigerian Soldier In Adamawa [graphic Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.