Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous (1577 Views)

Nasarawa Woman Protesting Naked Against Sule’s S’court Victory Shot At (pics) / Why INEC May Not Update Imo Guber Votes Tally Despite S’court Verdict / S’court’s Seven-Man Bench Hears Senate’s Suit Against Onnoghen’s Suspension Tue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by samesta(m): 5:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
Those accusing Emeka Ihedioha’s legal team as doing so little, are not informed … They did what they should do, but SC chose their way

(1) Ihedioha’s legal team filed a cross petition which the Briefs were adopted alongside Hope Uzodinma’s appeal.

(2) The Supreme Court in its Judgement never referred to it as they are expected to .
(3) The Supreme Court merely adopted and relied on the 1st two issues for determination raised by the appellant and entered Judgement.

(4) INEC at the Tribunal, up till the Supreme Court, disowned the election results from those polling units as elections were not held therein .

(5) The Question that should have bothered the Supreme Court was: “where did Mr Hope Uzodinma get those forms EC 8As, which was not tendered by INEC, rather was tendered through a policeman via subpoena?”

(6) Can you talk about results from 388 polling units without presiding officers of those polling units or witnesses from those polling units? No !

(7) Did the petitioner call 388 presiding officers of these polling units or witnesses across these 388 polling units to render the said results? No !

(cool Elections are conducted at the polling units and in a case like this, ingredients of proof or otherwise should be generated from these polling units and ought to be anchored on human witnesses.

No matter how anyone try to defend this, it is a sad judgement for our Democracy.
Sad that we must live with it, but for posterity sake, am making my position known on this matter .
It is about our Constitutional Democracy and not about anyone or party here !

https://elombah.com/ihediohas-legal-team-was-apt-scourt-was-simply-mischievous/amp/
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by KingSatan: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
angry
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by brtaiwo(m): 10:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
Sad one for democracy indeed.
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by surgical: 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2020
The supreme Court Justices have abused their office and betrayed the trust people have in them
Karma is on its way to visit them it won't be long
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by WATCHOVER(m): 10:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
surgical:
The supreme Court Justices have abused their office and betrayed the truth people have in them
Karma is on its way to visit them it won't be long
Amen. Especially that MONKEY called TANKO
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by edoairways: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
The judgement of the supreme court on this matter will serve as a precedent for other similar cases. I want to believe there were other precedent the jury relied upon on this case. I was told some cited the case of David Mark . Lawyers over to una

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by Sokosuji: 10:52pm On Jan 15, 2020
This judgement has set a very dangerous judicial precedence... It defies all logic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by XANDERBOY85: 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Thought i was the only one that thought he kinda looks like a Rhesus Monkey! undecided

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by garfield1: 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

Thought i was the only one that thought he kinda looks like a Rhesus Monkey! undecided
Down ihedioha

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by garfield1: 11:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Sokosuji:
This judgement has set a very dangerous judicial precedence... It defies all logic
IElections held. Polling unit results were declared and issued to agents and police. At Ward collation, valid results from 388 polling units where Uzodinma got over 200k votes were not collated in the Ward results without any legal basis. So it is basically, votes in 388 valid Form EC8As were not included in preparing Form EC8Bs, which greatly affected the final result and placed him 4th. At the Tribunal, these original duplicate copies given to the party agents and the police were tendered and spoken to by persons who witnessed the unlawful exclusion.

The case at the Tribunal was simply for the Court to exercise its power to include votes from these 388 polling which were ignored at the point of collation without a legal basis, in the final result.

That is all the Supreme Court did. When you add the excluded votes, Uzodinma had over 300k votes. That makes him the winner.

The last time the Supreme Court gave a decision like this is in Omoboriowo v Ajasi and Nwobodo v Onoh in 1984. So I'm not surprised that it's sounding new.

As a lawyer, I don't speak to the politics behind decisions. I speak to the legal basis behind decisions. There was legal basis for this decision. But let the politics continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by garfield1: 11:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
brtaiwo:
Sad one for democracy indeed.
A happy day for democracy on the contrary

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by garfield1: 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
samesta:
Those accusing Emeka Ihedioha’s legal team as doing so little, are not informed … They did what they should do, but SC chose their way

(1) Ihedioha’s legal team filed a cross petition which the Briefs were adopted alongside Hope Uzodinma’s appeal.

(2) The Supreme Court in its Judgement never referred to it as they are expected to .
(3) The Supreme Court merely adopted and relied on the 1st two issues for determination raised by the appellant and entered Judgement.

(4) INEC at the Tribunal, up till the Supreme Court, disowned the election results from those polling units as elections were not held therein .

(5) The Question that should have bothered the Supreme Court was: “where did Mr Hope Uzodinma get those forms EC 8As, which was not tendered by INEC, rather was tendered through a policeman via subpoena?”

(6) Can you talk about results from 388 polling units without presiding officers of those polling units or witnesses from those polling units? No !

(7) Did the petitioner call 388 presiding officers of these polling units or witnesses across these 388 polling units to render the said results? No !

(cool Elections are conducted at the polling units and in a case like this, ingredients of proof or otherwise should be generated from these polling units and ought to be anchored on human witnesses.

No matter how anyone try to defend this, it is a sad judgement for our Democracy.
Sad that we must live with it, but for posterity sake, am making my position known on this matter .
It is about our Constitutional Democracy and not about anyone or party here !

https://elombah.com/ihediohas-legal-team-was-apt-scourt-was-simply-mischievous/amp/
1 the cross appeal filed by ihedioha's lawyers were against the minority judgment by fred oho of the appeal court and not against the entire 388 unit results.
2 there was no need to refer to it since it failed and they agreed with the minority decision
3. the first two issues were the major issues for determination.it affected all other peripheral issues like your master's watery and misguided cross petition.
4. inec disowning the results at the lower courts means nothing.did they prove beyond doubt that the results were fake? No.
5. where and how uzo got the results is not the business of the court,it is not a civil case nor an inquisitorial panel and a cross appeal attacking those results from pdp would have settled that.apc called several inec witnesses,the police dcp simply tenders the police copies of the result sheets.moreovet,inec was the defense so there couldn't officially tender the results.the matter formulated and distilled for determination were whether votes from 38i units were illegally excluded and why.

6 some presiding officers testified at the tribal on behalf of hope.moreovet,their testimonies were not really needed.this was a case of wrongful collation and computation and not malpractices which needed polling unit witnesses.

7 my no 6 answers above has taken care of this.

8 it was agreed by all parties that elections took place but inec clsimed that there was overvoting without proving it.

Stop copying and posting atbitrarily boy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by obailala(m): 12:10am On Jan 16, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Tanko is just 1 man out of 7 who passed judgement, being the CJN doesnt give him any arbitrary powers over his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by WATCHOVER(m): 6:26am On Jan 16, 2020
obailala:
Tanko is just 1 man out of 7 who passed judgement, being the CJN doesnt give him any arbitrary powers over his colleagues.
Anytime the guy sit down for that chair, na error supreme Court they make, whether e favour PDP or APC
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by PFRB: 7:15am On Jan 16, 2020
Wbat is the maximum number of voters per polling unit?
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by obi4eze(m): 8:38am On Jan 16, 2020
garfield1:

IElections held. Polling unit results were declared and issued to agents and police. At Ward collation, valid results from 388 polling units where Uzodinma got over 200k votes were not collated in the Ward results without any legal basis. So it is basically, votes in 388 valid Form EC8As were not included in preparing Form EC8Bs, which greatly affected the final result and placed him 4th. At the Tribunal, these original duplicate copies given to the party agents and the police were tendered and spoken to by persons who witnessed the unlawful exclusion.

The case at the Tribunal was simply for the Court to exercise its power to include votes from these 388 polling which were ignored at the point of collation without a legal basis, in the final result.

That is all the Supreme Court did. When you add the excluded votes, Uzodinma had over 300k votes. That makes him the winner.

The last time the Supreme Court gave a decision like this is in Omoboriowo v Ajasi and Nwobodo v Onoh in 1984. So I'm not surprised that it's sounding new.

As a lawyer, I don't speak to the politics behind decisions. I speak to the legal basis behind decisions. There was legal basis for this decision. But let the politics continue.

So sir, what do you have to say about the difference between the number of accredited voters and the total votes awarded to Uzodinma?
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by obailala(m): 8:58am On Jan 16, 2020
WATCHOVER:

Anytime the guy sit down for that chair, na error supreme Court they make, whether e favour PDP or APC
grin cheesy
See how you take put the decision of a group of people ontop one man head all cos the man resemvlw monkey.. Free the man abeg!
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by garfield1: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2020
obi4eze:

So sir, what do you have to say about the difference between the number of accredited voters and the total votes awarded to Uzodinma?
There is nothing wrong there,it is for inec to reconcile their figures.the number of accredited and total votes captured is from the card reader which has no legal backing while the supreme court are dealing with accreditations captured in the voters register which has legal backing

1 Like

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by garfield1: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2020
PFRB:
Wbat is the maximum number of voters per polling unit?
Between 700 and above.in those 388 units,the average number should be at least 1000 voters with uzodinma getting at least 900 in each unit.he is very smart

2 Likes

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by WATCHOVER(m): 1:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
obailala:
grin cheesy
See how you take put the decision of a group of people ontop one man head all cos the man resemvlw monkey.. Free the man abeg!
Organisation make profit or loss na the head of that organisation go receive the insult or blessing
Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by Staro: 2:27pm On Jan 16, 2020
garfield1:

Between 700 and above.in those 388 units,the average number should be at least 1000 voters with uzodinma getting at least 900 in each unit.he is very smart

I hate cheating and feel for Mr Ihedioha.
We're all human beings ...

I also wanted to vent my anger on you for defending this glaring injustice but have come
to realize you know the truth. I realized you ain't defending those additional fraudulent votes but merely highlighting
the judicial perspective which the SC based its judgment

I agree with you that Sen Hope was smart but I disagree that there was an election.
Those 388 polling unit votes were not compiled from any election. The SC judges know this deep down their hearts.
They know that the fraudulent results were carefully written in someone's bedroom to be smuggled into the final results.

Now, INEC as the umpire managed to block those fraudulent votes only for the Supreme Court to admit them.

I pray Mr Ihedioha doesn't fall sick.
It is so painful

Re: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Was Apt, S’court Was Simply Mischievous by garfield1: 3:16pm On Jan 16, 2020
Staro:

I hate cheating and feel for Mr Ihedioha.
We're all human beings ...

I also wanted to vent my anger on you for defending this glaring injustice but have come
to realize you know the truth. I realized you ain't defending those additional fraudulent votes but merely highlighting
the judicial perspective which the SC based its judgment

I agree with you that Sen Hope was smart but I disagree that there was an election.
Those 388 polling unit votes were not compiled from any election. The SC judges know this deep down their hearts.
They know that the fraudulent results were carefully written in someone's bedroom to be smuggled into the final results.

Now, INEC as the umpire managed to block those fraudulent votes only for the Supreme Court to admit them.

I pray Mr Ihedioha doesn't fall sick.
It is so painful

Guy,tgere was little or no real election in imo if we go by your analysis.it was rigging galore especially for pdp who massive rigged in his mbaise areas.hope was the smartest rigger who played by the books.ihedioha wasn't smart so he wasn't smart and intelligent.its like comparing the looting prowess of tinubu and ouk.both are looters but one is smarter.the supreme court had to go ahead a crown a winner among all the riggers and hope was the lucky one.simple

(1) (Reply)

Biafrans Live At Afaraukwu Waiting To Receive The Remains Of Our Leaders Parents / Doctors’ Strike: FG Releases N4.5bn To 31 Hospitals / Northern Nigeria, A Self-destruct Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.